New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

Got my 7 iron in yesterday and I would like to retract how harsh I was on the feel of the new t100.  Previously I was super critical but I’m now convinced there was something funky with the fitting shaft/head or the assembly of them.  They feel nothing like they did in GG and exactly as most described.  More solid and blade like.  Not as juiced as the previous version yet I’m hitting them every bit as far and maybe a touch further tbh.  As much as I liked the feel of the old, I might actually prefer these.  And of course, they look absolutely stunning 

• Like 1

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

Here is the deal....I currently play the 2019 T200 irons down the the 48* wedge. I then have a 52 and a 56 vokey. the 4* gap works nicely when I hit the vokeys correctly (see below for more on this point haha)

I got fitted for the 2021 T300 irons which has the 48* but also a 53* wedge - I am not very consistent with my 52* vokey as I usually come up short/catch it heavy. 

I am thinking of going with the 53* in the T300 set and playing it one degree strong which would replace my 52* vokey.

That would keep the same gap and give me more forgiveness.

Is this crazy or a good idea?

• Like 1

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

5 minutes ago, ChrisGio315 said:

Here is the deal....I currently play the 2019 T200 irons down the the 48* wedge. I then have a 52 and a 56 vokey. the 4* gap works nicely when I hit the vokeys correctly (see below for more on this point haha)

I got fitted for the 2021 T300 irons which has the 48* but also a 53* wedge - I am not very consistent with my 52* vokey as I usually come up short/catch it heavy. 

I am thinking of going with the 53* in the T300 set and playing it one degree strong which would replace my 52* vokey.

I play the T300's (2021) all w/graphite and just order a Vokey sm8 58°-12 D w/graphite, which would give me a 5° gap from the 43° PW to 48° GW to 53° W and then to the 58° Lob wedge. Just keep it in mind that the T300's are wider gaps than the T200's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisGio315 said:

My suggestion from the peanut gallery would be this....wait until you get the 53* wedge and try it out. With the extra forgiveness and "pop" of the T-300 over a "blade-like" vokey may be the same distance with higher launch.  Hit both on trackman or take them out to the course to see if there is a difference before bending them. You can always go to a golf shop after the fact to have it bent 1* if needed, but I do not thing you will need to.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

5 hours ago, ChrisGio315 said:

I don't think you're crazy at all, it all comes down to personal comfort and feel.  I have the new T300 as well, i only went as far as the P (43)  i have a Vokey SM8 48, 54 and 58.   I'm very confident with my Vokey 48 and I can adjust the gap to cover from 85 down to about 65 where my 54 then takes over.   But if you aren't comfortable with the Vokey 52, I'd go with the T300 53, we just fit one of our customers for  a set and he went al the way with the 53.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just received my T100S as of yesterday (pre-ordered on 8/6) 😃.These clubs look amazing! I couldn’t bear the wait and took them on the course at my local club this morning. In summary you definitely get what you put into them. Lots of great feedback with these clubs and do have some forgiveness (but not much). When flushed in the middle, these things feel really soft and crisp with a nice medium high penetrating ball flight. On mishits, they don’t feel as harsh as blades but they will definitely let you know with a really firm feel and distance drops (mediocre ball strikers need not apply). At address, these look really beautiful, compact and thin top line (honestly I couldn’t tell the difference between these and most blades at address), but not really intimidating to my eye. Overall, I’m really impressed with these and looking forward to many more future

rounds!

758214DA-5D92-4D6C-95D6-8B925578A662.jpeg

E97111C6-5B18-4FF6-80AF-F5BFB7B27CCB.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/16/2021 at 11:09 AM, Golfdoctor said:

I play the T300's (2021) all w/graphite and just order a Vokey sm8 58°-12 D w/graphite, which would give me a 5° gap from the 43° PW to 48° GW to 53° W and then to the 58° Lob wedge. Just keep it in mind that the T300's are wider gaps than the T200's.

I ordered the Vokey on 9-13-21 and they shipped it 9-16-21, can't believe it. It was all standard loft and lie.

ACA42237-FBF1-4F95-BFE1-3A65E037EE09.jpeg.9dcc101653a69bb63f2c85e291ba1018.jpeg

Worth the wait... my babies finally arrived Wednesday. Ordered 7/29. 1st range session today. All just in time to play one of the most beautiful courses I could ever ask to step foot on, Wuskowhan Players Club. First impressions are good, will give a better review after some time. Today’s range session was just last much about knocking the rust off as it was testing the new irons.

Ordered T100S 3-9 w/ Modus 125x (updated to 125s hardstepped with xstiff being backordered into November). And a T200 utility 2i w/ HZRDUS Smoke RDX black. 

I’ve been a 716mb blade player pretty much since they came out but looking forward to some added forgiveness with the lack of play/practice these days. Time will tell performance wise, but they sure are pretty to look at!

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8* PX HZRDUS Blue 
Titleist TSR2+ PX HZRDUS Yellow
Titleist 980 17* Project X black
Titleist T100 4-6 Project X

Titleist 620mb 7-9 Project X
Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
Scotty Special Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

On 9/16/2021 at 3:39 AM, Jlopicco23 said:

Got my 7 iron in yesterday and I would like to retract how harsh I was on the feel of the new t100.  Previously I was super critical but I’m now convinced there was something funky with the fitting shaft/head or the assembly of them.  They feel nothing like they did in GG and exactly as most described.  More solid and blade like.  Not as juiced as the previous version yet I’m hitting them every bit as far and maybe a touch further tbh.  As much as I liked the feel of the old, I might actually prefer these.  And of course, they look absolutely stunning 

Not being blunt, but anyone telling how an iron feels indoors on a mat cannot be trusted.  Yes you can feel the difference between irons, but you cannot feel the way an iron feels indoors on a mat.

Some feedback on the new T100 - hit these yesterday extensively (close to an hour) to compare to my ZX7 and the store's ZX5 (initially I was looking to try the ZX5 as a long iron replacement for my ZX7 5 iron). The ball was a TP5, same shaft in all, Modus 105s. I discarded and ignored all mishits with the new T100s to ensure it was a fair comparison, and made sure to note the sound of the pure, centered shots. 

Personally, I was not a fan of the sound coming off the new T100. I found them quite "hard" sounding, just a touch quieter than the ZX5, and much louder than the ZX7. I recall the old AP2s to sound more dense, "soft", and solid sounding. I'm not sure why this is the case; maybe because of the construction of the new version with the tungsten in the heel and toe and the covered cavity? 

This doesn't mean they're a bad iron, however - I found them quite easy to hit, pretty forgiving on slightly off center hits, and gave me a nice high flight (I play a draw with all my clubs). This was surprising to me given the size of the head.

They looked great at address and framed the ball beautifully. All in all, a great iron. The sound coming off the face just surprised me a bit.

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

TM SIM2 Ti / MOTORE X F3 7S

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i210 / 5-PW DG 120 S300 (waiting for i230s to return from PING)

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D

TITLEIST SPECIAL SELECT / FLOWBACK 5 (H)

Titleist iron fitting yesterday at my club's range. 

Walked in and assumed I would order the T200, but wound up loving/ordering the T300. Longer, better overall numbers (spin, launch, decent angle), but for me the feel was better. Not as clicky as the T200. If you can handle the offset and you are looking for something point and shoot, the T300 are definitely worth a look. 

And yes, after checking the wait on the shafts, they will be here in November, but, hey, I am almost out of golf season anyway... 

G430 LST 10.5* (Ventus Velocore Black 5S)
SIM2 MAX 15* (Ventus Blue 6S)

G425 7w (Tensei RO 75S)
G430 4h (Tour 2.0 85S)

T300 5-P, 48 (PX LZ 6.0)
SM9 Raw 54s (@53) (DGS200)

SM9 Raw 58s (DG Spinner)

Newport 2 Studio Style

4 hours ago, goudok said:

Not being blunt, but anyone telling how an iron feels indoors on a mat cannot be trusted.  Yes you can feel the difference between irons, but you cannot feel the way an iron feels indoors on a mat.

I get the point you are trying to make here but that’s completely false - at least in the context of my post abs experience.  I can tell you all need to know about how a clubface feels indoors off of a mat.  Now, if you want to buy into “turf interaction” as a consumer, that is your choice.  Turf interaction is the most over blown attribute of an iron I have ever seen.  But the OEMs want to beat us to death with it and make all the tour players (paid ambassadors) tell you what a big deal it is to them.  I’m not saying it’s completely negligible but it is no where near the buying decision factor manufacturers want us to believe it should be.  It’s a nice word to sell new clubs every two years.  The truth is most iron sets from the big boys these days are so freaking good they all get through the turf pretty good.  Some subtle differences, sure.  Might one leading edge be better suited for a certain swing style (in theory), sure.  But we are talking about unquantifiable statistics.  Again, never I have I ever tested how on iron feels indoors off a mat and then taken it outside and noticed a difference of opinion.  Almost always, what I get indoors mirrors what I get out doors.  Remember we are strictly talking about how the center of a club face “feels.”

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

7 minutes ago, Jlopicco23 said:

I get the point you are trying to make here but that’s completely false - at least in the context of my post abs experience.  I can tell you all need to know about how a clubface feels indoors off of a mat.  Now, if you want to buy into “turf interaction” as a consumer, that is your choice.  Turf interaction is the most over blown attribute of an iron I have ever seen.  But the OEMs want to beat us to death with it and make all the tour players (paid ambassadors) tell you what a big deal it is to them.  I’m not saying it’s completely negligible but it is no where near the buying decision factor manufacturers want us to believe it should be.  It’s a nice word to sell new clubs every two years.  The truth is most iron sets from the big boys these days are so freaking good they all get through the turf pretty good.  Some subtle differences, sure.  Might one leading edge be better suited for a certain swing style (in theory), sure.  But we are talking about unquantifiable statistics.  Again, never I have I ever tested how on iron feels indoors off a mat and then taken it outside and noticed a difference of opinion.  Almost always, what I get indoors mirrors what I get out doors.  Remember we are strictly talking about how the center of a club face “feels.”

I don’t agree with several points here, mainly the point on turf interaction.

I spent time hitting a friends 7MB yesterday and will say they went through the turf very firmly, almost like a knife but then it would glide through the turf, it didn’t feel effortless. Still had 4 birds but the leading edge is super sharp on them, and wasn’t overall a fan.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jlopicco23 said:

Not quantifiable as a sweeper maybe , probably as yourself , but to us diggers , turf interaction “is” much a thing. 
Call it what you will , but my 19 T100 gets out of the turf easier than the 21 “ for me”. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Not quantifiable as a sweeper maybe , probably as yourself , but to us diggers , turf interaction “is” much a thing. 
Call it what you will , but my 19 T100 gets out of the turf easier than the 21 “ for me”. 

Nope I’m a digger and hit too down on it if anything.  The marketing machine works more on some people than others.  I could shoot the same score with either iron.  Sure the pre worn leading edge on the 19 could make a marginal difference over time.  The argument was could you get a sense of how the clubface feels indoors off mats?  And the answer is absolutely.  

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

3 minutes ago, Jlopicco23 said:

Nope I’m a digger and hit too down on it if anything.  The marketing machine works more on some people than others.  I could shoot the same score with either iron.  Sure the pre worn leading edge on the 19 could make a marginal difference over time.  The argument was could you get a sense of how the clubface feels indoors off mats?  And the answer is absolutely.  

Your statement wasn’t about shooting a score , but how the head goes through the turf. Which you’re stating is a farse and to most sweepers, I understand the mindset. I’m sure I’d still play close to my current 3 with most any iron , but my wrist and elbows wouldn’t like me. 
Yes. You can get a “somewhat” understanding of how an iron feels off mats, if you’re comparing a specific iron against it. But , the head will respond totally different from grass especially if you take healthy divots. Feel outdoors will also be different depending on strike. So to answer your question , yes and no. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

I don’t agree with several points here, mainly the point on turf interaction.

I spent time hitting a friends 7MB yesterday and will say they went through the turf very firmly, almost like a knife but then it would glide through the turf, it didn’t feel effortless. Still had 4 birds but the leading edge is super sharp on them, and wasn’t overall a fan.

P7mbs might be closer to an exception here.  That is a funky sole for sure.  Reason why most staffers held onto their 730s I assume.  I don’t think I’d have any problem telling you if I enjoy the feel of a center strike hitting it of a mat tho, which was my over arching point.  If you buy into the buzz words more than I do, that’s totally fine.  

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

2 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Your statement wasn’t about shooting a score , but how the head goes through the turf. Which you’re stating is a farse and to most sweepers, I understand the mindset. I’m sure I’d still play close to my current 3 with most any iron , but my wrist and elbows wouldn’t like me. 
Yes. You can get a “somewhat” understanding of how an iron feels off mats, if you’re comparing a specific iron against it. But , the head will respond totally different from grass especially if you take healthy divots. Feel outdoors will also be different depending on strike. So to answer your question , yes and no. 

My statement was not at all about how the head goes through the turf.  My statement was about how center strikes feel and if you can deem that indoors off a mat.  Again, you absolutely can.  Keep in mind here my original comments had nothing to do with turf interaction.  My original harsh comments were comparing the feel of each face.  Originally the 2021 t100 felt like cheap piece of trash compared to the 2019.  It was clunky and hard.  Again, I’m almost certain there was something off with how the club was configured in store.  The 7 iron I’m testing now feels much closer to the feel of the 2019 model.  Maybe not quite as soft and springy but nothing like what I originally felt.  Have been hitting it on my quad now for a week and the performance is impressive 

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

I think that if you hit any club enough you can adjust your swing to make it work. So you will get an idea as to how it feels when struck well. That doesn’t mean that it will work for you when you are mid round making your normal swing. I’ve learned this the hard way many times. In my opinion turf interaction is the most important feature when it comes to choosing irons and wedges. For me, on course, proper turf interaction = forgiveness. 

• Like 2