2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

38 minutes ago, Smoothest Noonan said:

I’m not sure that’s how copyright works…

Unless TaylorMade took the picture in question they cannot assert copyright. The IP in question is technology, not the existence of the object therefore the picture of the object is not a copyright, patent, trademark or trade secrets issue. not sure why you cave other than wanting to avoid legal expenses… 

I was not specifically citing these pics. Previous leaks were media images and text directly from said marketing material. Media sites, like ours are under embargo. 

Also, employees have been fired when leaks have been sourced back and others are attributed to fakes from foundries. And yes, some OEMs are much more litigious than others. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I love all the questioning of GOLFWRX. I’m pretty sure this site is very well versed in their agreements with manufacturers and also the legal precedents if applicable. I for one really love this site and have for ten years. I respect the way they manage it as needed. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

2 hours ago, Str8Putt said:

I'm really thinking about picking the 300 mini up

I can’t say enough good things about it.  I built my bag around it basically.  It was too good to not use. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, Gxgolfer said:

I was not specifically citing these pics. Previous leaks were media images and text directly from said marketing material. Media sites, like ours are under embargo. 

Also, employees have been fired when leaks have been sourced back and others are attributed to fakes from foundries. And yes, some OEMs are much more litigious than others. 

This is a little bit of a rant, but this back-and-forth has me thinking about it:

I wish there were golf media outlets that reported on the industry from a more adversarial position. (Adversarial might not be exactly the right word, but hang with me.)

GolfWRX and many other sites like it — plus magazines, YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. — across the board agree to embargoes so that they can report on new equipment, get access to it for tests, talk with OEM marketing and engineering departments, etc. I get that, and think it’s valuable. I’m not complaining about the work that those outlets and individuals do.

But I wish it was supplemented by more reporting from different outlets or people who weren’t under such constraints. Whose approach was, “This info is floating around out there, who cares about their embargo, I didn’t agree to it and I’m going to get the scoop.” 

That type of reporting exists in the tech world, and on politics, and on other professional sports, and so on. There’s even some of it on the photography industry, which is another thing I follow as a hobby. But there’s not much of it on golf.

GolfWRX’s moderators are in a weird spot too. Legally speaking, if in this situation TM’s lawyers sent @StillCantPutt a nasty or threatening email or letter or whatever — as long as he has the stomach (and budget) to hire a lawyer to get any action thrown out, then he might as well just respond with a big picture of his middle finger, because TM would have absolutely zero ground to stand on. On the other hand, GolfWRX itself has to manage its relationships with OEMs, which is a different issue altogether and can obviously be jeopardized by what happens in its forums.

I’m not criticizing anyone involved here or saying anyone in this thread is doing anything wrong. It is what it is. Just wish there was more of that critical reporting on these OEMs out there from outlets that didn’t have to concern themselves with managing relationships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

I'm playing a Titleist 910D, still looks very good. Not going to lie I'm kind of wanting to get this driver but $600 and all this carbon has me cautious. Seen way too many face crack & some weight track crack photos of the Sims line that has me wondering how this driver will hold up being all carbon...how will it hold up with that off center hits on the toe or low on the sole/bottom face edge joint or high on the top/crown edge joint. I know TM has a warranty but do I want to spend $$ on something when it's when will it break, not if it will break.

Guess I'll need to see the crown. I'm glad they went away from the white accents..

See what TXG has to say about it. I like watching Matt but I want to see Mikey swing it also gotta what Crossfield because you know he's gonna deliver the complaints 🤣

21 minutes ago, eric61 said:

This is a little bit of a rant, but this back-and-forth has me thinking about it:

I wish there were golf media outlets that reported on the industry from a more adversarial position. (Adversarial might not be exactly the right word, but hang with me.)

GolfWRX and many other sites like it — plus magazines, YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. — across the board agree to embargoes so that they can report on new equipment, get access to it for tests, talk with OEM marketing and engineering departments, etc. I get that, and think it’s valuable. I’m not complaining about the work that those outlets and individuals do.

But I wish it was supplemented by more reporting from different outlets or people who weren’t under such constraints. Whose approach was, “This info is floating around out there, who cares about their embargo, I didn’t agree to it and I’m going to get the scoop.” 

That type of reporting exists in the tech world, and on politics, and on other professional sports, and so on. There’s even some of it on the photography industry, which is another thing I follow as a hobby. But there’s not much of it on golf.

GolfWRX’s moderators are in a weird spot too. Legally speaking, if in this situation TM’s lawyers sent @StillCantPutt a nasty or threatening email or letter or whatever — as long as he has the stomach (and budget) to hire a lawyer to get any action thrown out, then he might as well just respond with a big picture of his middle finger, because TM would have absolutely zero ground to stand on. On the other hand, GolfWRX itself has to manage its relationships with OEMs, which is a different issue altogether and can obviously be jeopardized by what happens in its forums.

I’m not criticizing anyone involved here or saying anyone in this thread is doing anything wrong. It is what it is. Just wish there was more of that critical reporting on these OEMs out there from outlets that didn’t have to concern themselves with managing relationships.

In the end , they can’t really blame anyone except their own employees. The pics got leaked from within. Theres no other way.  People aren’t breaking in and stealing pics or heads.  

i doubt very seriously if they’d want to tangle in court with a person who had the cash to waste. Would be a PR nightmare .  One would only need to start a YouTube channel etc  to narrate the proceedings , then tag the correct Twitter handles , and watch the forest fire engulf all.  No chance the court of public opinion would back a company for blaming a customer/consumer  for their own internal leak.  Would be like a country investigating it’s neighbor for espionage over info they posted to the AP wire.  It’s not spying if the info is volunteered.  These heads are brought to public places and shown .  They’re already going into staffers hands etc.  they’re out there.  

now that being said. I get why Wrx tries to obey TM.  It’s a working business relationship.   

i just don’t get why TM gets so hurt over it. It’s good press. It’s hype building.  They should be here interacting with the leak.  Not trying to stop it. Answer some questions.  Not given us childish “ sleep “ updates. 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

These heads are brought to public places and shown .  They’re already going into staffers hands etc.  they’re out there.  

This, totally.

It’s sort of like in politics, when a White House (of either party — not trying to get into a political discussion here) wonders how the press gets ahold of information about a speech or policy or whatever early. Well, were your staffers briefing congressional offices? Do your staffers talk to lobbyists? Once information is out there, it’s going to become public, and you’re not always going to be able to control when and how.

I doubt that TM had anything directly to do with this leak. They would’ve wanted the plastic removed from the face and the top of the crown shown. 

But it’s not like they tried that hard to prevent it, either. 

• Thanks 1

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Let’s try to clear this up a little more. 

1) TM has threatened no one.

2) The discussion is specifically about the pursuit to gain and willingly leak protected information, no matter how good or bad it is protected. 

3) Editorial is editorial.  Leaking information has nothing to do with editorial reporting. Yes there is a relationship but critical reporting is not withheld. It maybe more respectfully reported than others but that’s called professionalism.   And yes part of the game is sources and purposeful leaking. That is completely different than what point 2 states. It also never stops WRX editorial from reporting what floating out there and allows 100% verification from the source instead of an adversarial attitude. 

4) At the end of the day, we are talking peoples lively hoods and careers.  Obsessions for information should be considered in such pursuits. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

13 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

Let’s try to clear this up a little more. 

1) TM has threatened no one.
2) The discussion is specifically about the pursuit to gain and willingly leak protected information, no matter how good or bad it is protected. 

3) Editorial is editorial.  Leaking information has nothing to do with editorial reporting. Yes there is a relationship but critical reporting is not with held. It maybe more respectfully reported than others but that’s called professionalism.   And yes part of the game is sources and purposeful leaking. That is completely different than what point 2 states. 
4) At the end of the day, we are talking peoples lively hoods and careers.  Obsessions for information should be considered in such pursuits. 

Well, reporting is “withheld” in the sense that embargoes are respected. Which is completely understandable — if you agree to an embargo, you’re ethically bound by that agreement.

If GolfWRX didn’t agree to such embargoes, its reporters obviously have plenty of contacts to get stuff like pictures of forthcoming equipment well ahead of time (from sources outside the OEMs — your players who have tested them and their reps/caddies/coaches, pros who are briefed on that equipment by OEM reps, and on and on). 

I’m NOT saying that’s what GolfWRX should be doing. I’m not lamenting that GolfWRX doesn’t race to beat embargoes like that. What I’m saying is, I wish there were other golf outlets, as part of the broader golf media digital/social media landscape, that DID do that kind of reporting, passing on embargoes and the early access to information they provide so that they’re free of any sort of professional obligation to OEMs around product launches or other sorts of developments.

I don’t see anything wrong with media outlets that have no part in embargoes trying to obtain and report that embargoed information. That’s not unprofessional at all — it’s doing their jobs.

• Like 1

Since pics and info on products are leaked on social media and there are other golf sites and social media outlets that pretend they don’t care or state they are unbiased and point to WRX as an example of bias, then what you are asking for already exists. 

WRX prefers to bring verifiable info in partnership with the Industry. Because of the largeness of the WRX community and our relationship with OEMs, we bring first hand verifiable info based on community content. This is similar to how the NFL, NBA, etc. works.   WRX is more unique as I am not aware of a forum in those other sports that have a large site dedicated to them except maybe Bleacher Report. 

In the 19th hole, there is plenty of discussions of other sites and YouTubers. 

BST AD Help

4 minutes ago, blblco02 said:

I think TW was hitting it on the range today. Definitely didn’t look like a SIM2…

I’m pretty sure it was the og sim. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

22 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

WRX prefers to bring verifiable info in partnership with the Industry. Because of the largeness of the WRX community and our relationship with OEMs, we bring first hand verifiable info based on community content. This is similar to how the NFL, NBA, etc. works.  

Yep! Understood. As I said in my initial post and my second one, my comments weren’t meant as a complaint or criticism of WRX at all. I love WRX and totally understand the approach. 

The other outlets you mention existing don’t have the kind of credibility that WRX does — and if they’re slinging mud at WRX about supposed bias, that’s just another reason not to take them seriously.

My point is really — as you well know, there’s a difference between “verifiable” and on-the-record confirmation. Most major golf media wait for on-the-record details, especially on equipment but on other stuff, too. All I meant in what I initially labeled a rant was, I wish there was an outlet that aggressively, accurately reported the “verifiable” information before it was directly confirmed on the record. I understand that can’t and won’t be WRX’s approach, nor would I want it to be, and I hope that’s been clear. I like this site for what it is and never meant this as a complaint about WRX, but rather about the broader golf media landscape.

I’ll leave it there. Have a good night.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Golfman3732 said:

The new TM driver is called the Stealth and is completely made of carbon including the face.

New account, first post, saying things we knew at least ten to twenty pages ago.

Taylormade, have you not told your people we already know this? You can tell them to stop generating false interest now. The whole world knows the clubs is made of carbon and is black with a red face.

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

It’s a Golf club !!

I would guess that there’s a whole Boat full.. and I mean that literally … thousands of these Heads been made  just waiting, so to think no one as snapped a pic is stupid!

TM get over yourselves !

it’s not some secret James Bond gadget that’s putting lives in Danger!!

all this boils down to is who knows who and can get the Picture up on the Net first…

well done that Man 

Rules… what’s rules, they went out of the Preverbal Door once Google took over our lives!

stay safe everyone and have a Fantastic Christmas  

9 hours ago, blblco02 said:

Sim max 2 with Speeder NX for me in 2022. I’ll come back in 5 years or so to upgrade. 

I just dialed in my sim2 standard with the speeder NX.  it looks good, feels good, and I've never been more consistent with my driver.  
Unless I can get the stealth in sim2 blue, I don't see myself changing heads in 2022.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaleUK said:

It’s a Golf club !!

I would guess that there’s a whole Boat full.. and I mean that literally … thousands of these Heads been made  just waiting, so to think no one as snapped a pic is stupid!

TM get over yourselves !

it’s not some secret James Bond gadget that’s putting lives in Danger!!

all this boils down to is who knows who and can get the Picture up on the Net first…

well done that Man 

Rules… what’s rules, they went out of the Preverbal Door once Google took over our lives!

stay safe everyone and have a Fantastic Christmas  

It's a marketing tactic for built up anticipation of the product. The anticipated early leaked photo is part of the process. They want a frenzy of pre-orders and instant buying. 

• easyyy unfeatured this topic