2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New Mizuno MPs just announced! Mizuno Pro 221/223/225

Joey09

5 hours ago, jetmech879 said:

Couldn’t take it anymore! Order is in for a set of 225s 3-PW with a raw 48 T22! All with modus 115 X shafts and blue icon ferrules. The T100s are now for sale! 

AW MAN I completely forgot about the ferrules haha. Wasn't even an option with GG custom orders.. forgot Mizuno even had those. Remember seeing them on the 921s and they looked pretty slick. Bullocks! 🤬

Edited by Celeras
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

13 hours ago, Celeras said:

AW MAN I completely forgot about the ferrules haha. Wasn't even an option with GG custom orders.. forgot Mizuno even had those. Remember seeing them on the 921s and they looked pretty slick. Bullocks! 🤬

Do the ferrules need to be done through a fitter or does a retailer offer that option?

41 minutes ago, AllDunn said:

Do the ferrules need to be done through a fitter or does a retailer offer that option?

They are done during assembly my Mizuno. All you need to do is request the blue icon ferrules when ordering. 

• Like 1

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

53 minutes ago, jetmech879 said:

They are done during assembly my Mizuno. All you need to do is request the blue icon ferrules when ordering. 

What do those look like? Is this picture accurate? Looks sort of sky blue and purply, no?

image.png.a7e6df136931f8e6fa36dedf77762313.png

• Like 1

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

They are sky blue and royal blue BB&F ferrules. 

8BE6A288-AA10-4704-96D1-7BD85CD5BA20.jpeg

3C3EFE7F-27E8-480C-B517-E7AB17611129.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AllDunn said:

I didn’t even realize I needed those until now! 

Haha! They are going to look fantastic with the throwback script😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

Aww man, now I want those! I don’t know if the retailer will make any changes to my order. 

Doesn’t hurt to ask. I got these about a year ago, but I emailed the retailer pretty close to the estimated delivery date and they/Mizuno were able to accommodate the request. 
AC0AD7B6-CC80-4282-800B-608AA016439E.jpeg.f260f0c5779fb5dd3e79ed4ba02f7270.jpeg

• Like 1

My WITB

Cobra Darkspeed LS 10.5º -1º | Tour AD VF 6x

TBD | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

Srixon ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

Titleist T150 | Modus 115x

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 50º & 54º | DG TI S400

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

These look really cool. Will look even better with the Golf Pride MCC Royal Blue grips. I’m scared though that any changes to my order will risk delays especially with everything going on. I don’t want to rock the sleeping giant 😱

I wish they had the metal silver ones just like some of the fitting head pics. Looks really slick!

Edited by HarborMike
  • Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 2:11 PM, Mookie91 said:

Had a 921 HMP PW and 48 RTX , no problem for me 😁

For some reason, the buy who I bought my MMCs from here had them bent 2 degrees strong.  I run a 44-PW, 48 RTX, 52/56/60 JAWS

It works.  I just stop at my 5-iron (carry 205) and hit a choked down 1" short 3 hybrid (full carry 235, choked 220) to manage the gap.  It is better to have those 95/105/115/125/135 at the low end of the bag on my course. The only time I even hit the hybrid is on a long par 3 with the wind in my face.  

I wouldn't mind going 46/50/54/60 instead, but really it is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other.   What is weird is that my carry on my 46 degree Callaway MB is identical to the 44 degree MMC.  Maybe the guy was a high ball hitter and needed to lose height and spin. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I will ask but Rock Bottom says no changes after 24 hours. 🤷‍♂️

On January 6th, I placed my order for a set of 223 4-PW, Modus 120 Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Teams Blue/White at my local Golf Galaxy.  After reading about the ferrules here, I just contacted my fitter at GG and asked him to contact Mizuno to see if they're able to accommodate my request(the blue icon ferrules).  The interesting thing is, his system says shipping date for my fitted clubs are tomorrow.  He said he'd call em today to see if they're able to install the blue icon ferrules before they ship out my order.  Will let you guys know as soon as I hear something back.

Quick question, I see a lot of people are talking about the Modus 105 & 115 here but no one's mentioning the 120.  Is there something wrong with the 120?  I understand that they have different profile but it seem a bit odd to see that no one's even talking about the 120 here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KickGolfer said:

Quick question, I see a lot of people are talking about the Modus 105 & 115 here but no one's mentioning the 120.  Is there something wrong with the 120?  I understand that they have different profile but it seem a bit odd to see that no one's even talking about the 120 here.

Nothing wrong at all. The 115 is just a new offering and comes stock in this lineup (same profile as 105 and 125) so it’s naturally getting a little more attention. Modus 120X is my shaft of choice and I’ve got my Pro 223’s with them on order. Amazing shaft!

Now about your irons shipping tomorrow… that would be a shocker since they weren’t due to start shipping anything until the first week of February.

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

1 hour ago, KickGolfer said:

On January 6th, I placed my order for a set of 223 4-PW, Modus 120 Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Teams Blue/White at my local Golf Galaxy.  After reading about the ferrules here, I just contacted my fitter at GG and asked him to contact Mizuno to see if they're able to accommodate my request(the blue icon ferrules).  The interesting thing is, his system says shipping date for my fitted clubs are tomorrow.  He said he'd call em today to see if they're able to install the blue icon ferrules before they ship out my order.  Will let you guys know as soon as I hear something back.

i play 120s and LOVE

58 minutes ago, C009 said:

I just called Mizuno and they stated they have not started production on any clubs. It won’t start until next week….

I thought it was a bit odd when my fitter told me that his system shows tomorrow's the shipping date for my clubs.  Even GG website says they'll ship these new clubs after February 3rd.  I don't know if you called Mizuno USA or Mizuno elsewhere but I know these clubs already available in Asia.  Please correct me if I'm wrong(I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong because I'm a newbie golf gearhead) but unless they make these clubs in different places for different markets, I think they have already started production sometime last year, possibly late 3rd or real early 4th quarter.

5 minutes ago, KickGolfer said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong(I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong because I'm a newbie golf gearhead) but unless they make these clubs in different places for different markets, I think they have already started production sometime last year, possibly late 3rd or real early 4th quarter.

I just got off the phone with my fitter and it turns out I was wrong.  His system still shows tomorrow as shipping date for my clubs but Mizuno just informed him that they haven't even started production, yet.  He said they'll most likely ship em out in mid February.  

As for the blue icon ferrules, there's no way for em to accommodate my request at this time.  He said Mizuno does offer em but it cost $10 per club and I'd have to come in to cancel my current order & place a new order with the blue icon ferrules again.  I've decided to not cancel my current order because I'd be placed/sent to the back of the line with my new order.

My order was the 17th and the GG order says estimated delivery 2/18... but Im pretty sure they just add 30 days and cross their fingers.

Missed the boat on the ferrules like I said earlier but I did some googling. Really surprised that nobody makes any decal/clear sticker things you can just slap on there. If anyone wants a million dollar idea, I'm sure you can charge golfers $49.95 for a set when they cost a nickel to produce lol.

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

3 hours ago, ktyler2 said:

Nothing wrong at all. The 115 is just a new offering and comes stock in this lineup (same profile as 105 and 125) so it’s naturally getting a little more attention. Modus 120X is my shaft of choice and I’ve got my Pro 223’s with them on order. Amazing shaft!

Now about your irons shipping tomorrow… that would be a shocker since they weren’t due to start shipping anything until the first week of February.

Am I reading this right that the 115s are actually a bit heavier than the 120s?

I've been fit into Modus 105 Stiff before but just trying shafts (not on the mizuno heads) the other day was seeing nice improvement going up a bit in weight (was DG 120s actually) and so curious if I should be thinking more about the 120s or 115s if I want to go a little heavier.  

7 minutes ago, KParks said:

I've been fit into Modus 105 Stiff before but just trying shafts (not on the mizuno heads) the other day was seeing nice improvement going up a bit in weight (was DG 120s actually) and so curious if I should be thinking more about the 120s or 115s if I want to go a little heavier.  

I would do everything in your power to hit the exact shaft you intend to buy before you buy it. That being said, you are correct that the Modus 115 Stiff is heavier than the Modus 120 Stiff by a few grams. The 120 series has a pretty progressive weight change as you go up or down in flex (111g in R vs 126g in TX) while the 115 and 125 series are very close to static, much like the traditional DG and the DG120 you were testing (Modus 105 has a little more weight change by flex).

If you were hitting the DG 120 stiff well why not just go with those? They are a no-upcharge option from Mizuno. If for some reason you are wanting to explore Nippon then the 105/115/125 series all share the same profile as the DG series and would be your most logical place to start. The Modus 120 series is a completely different profile with a very soft mid-section that is polarizing amongst different golfers. I personally love it but some people can't stand it. If I were fitting you I would put the Modus 115 stiff in your hands because you said you like the DG 120 stiff and it's nearly identical in both weight and profile. 

TLDR: If you hit the DG 120 stiff well then why not order that one? If you're wanting Nippon for some reason then the Modus 115 stiff is as close as you're going to get.

• Thanks 1

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

22 minutes ago, KParks said:

For Stiff I’m reading it the same as you, the 115 is actually a bit heavier than the 120.  In X the 120 is a whopping 0.5g heavier.

I’ve been fit into the Modus 105 S twice.  With the 223 I went into the 115.  I actually saw slightly higher club head speed but more importantly better dispersion with the 115. YMMV

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktyler2 said:

I would do everything in your power to hit the exact shaft you intend to buy before you buy it. That being said, you are correct that the Modus 115 Stiff is heavier than the Modus 120 Stiff by a few grams. The 120 series has a pretty progressive weight change as you go up or down in flex (111g in R vs 126g in TX) while the 115 and 125 series are very close to static, much like the traditional DG and the DG120 you were testing (Modus 105 has a little more weight change by flex).

If you were hitting the DG 120 stiff well why not just go with those? They are a no-upcharge option from Mizuno. If for some reason you are wanting to explore Nippon then the 105/115/125 series all share the same profile as the DG series and would be your most logical place to start. The Modus 120 series is a completely different profile with a very soft mid-section that is polarizing amongst different golfers. I personally love it but some people can't stand it. If I were fitting you I would put the Modus 115 stiff in your hands because you said you like the DG 120 stiff and it's nearly identical in both weight and profile. 

TLDR: If you hit the DG 120 stiff well then why not order that one? If you're wanting Nippon for some reason then the Modus 115 stiff is as close as you're going to get.

Thanks for the very detailed explanation!

I'm planning to go do a proper fitting next week and try everything before I make a decision, I just like to be thorough in my research before hand and will want to confirm with the fitter that they have all of the shafts in (I've burned by that before). While part of me wants to just let a fitter "do his thing" and trust the process, I can't help but also want to have a few things I know I want to try before going in as well.

1 hour ago, JZ75 said:

For Stiff I’m reading it the same as you, the 115 is actually a bit heavier than the 120.  In X the 120 is a whopping 0.5g heavier.

I’ve been fit into the Modus 105 S twice.  With the 223 I went into the 115.  I actually saw slightly higher club head speed but more importantly better dispersion with the 115. YMMV

Good to know. My last set of irons the fitter and I came down to Modus 105 and KBS C-Taper Lite (both stiff) and I ended up going with the C-Taper Lites. They are a fine shaft but over time I've definitely come to regret my choice and am looking for something more "active" / less "boardy" this time around. 

Edited by KParks

3 hours ago, Celeras said:

My order was the 17th and the GG order says estimated delivery 2/18... but Im pretty sure they just add 30 days and cross their fingers.

Missed the boat on the ferrules like I said earlier but I did some googling. Really surprised that nobody makes any decal/clear sticker things you can just slap on there. If anyone wants a million dollar idea, I'm sure you can charge golfers $49.95 for a set when they cost a nickel to produce lol.

Just a FYI; I called and talked to a Mizuno Golf rep this morning via Mizuno Golf customer service. long story short:

1. He quoted Mizuno blue icon ferrules are $5/club

2. I couldn’t place the change with him, have to go through my local fitter for order amendment.

3. Ferule change will not have an impact to delivery date

4. when asked status of my order, I told him I put my order in a couple weeks ago with Modus 115 S shafts for 225 4-GW, he stated expect for these to be delivered mid to end of Feb (he couldn’t give me precise delivery date since I didn’t have order # on me, just a best guess estimate).

5. Stock orders are going to be delivered first week of February. Custom order production still on schedule to begin first week of Feb with ETA delivery times mid Feb to beginning March (depending on priority or date you places order). 

Also was transparent on shaft availability. Basically, if it’s still available as an offering on Mizuno and other major club store offerings, there should be no delays since they pulled all the ones that are backlogged from their current listing.

Think if all goes well and on schedule, Mizuno will be the poster-child for what to do right with brand new releases.

Edited by HarborMike
  • Like 4

Has anyone had the opportunity to hit the 223 short irons? I just watched the TXG review and they said the PW didn't really fit the set well. I don't recall the distance gap between the P and 7 iron, but it was substantial. After bending the wedge to 45* it fit the set better, but now I'm curious how the 9 & 8 gap. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Has anyone had the opportunity to hit the 223 short irons? I just watched the TXG review and they said the PW didn't really fit the set well. I don't recall the distance gap between the P and 7 iron, but it was substantial. After bending the wedge to 45* it fit the set better, but now I'm curious how the 9 & 8 gap. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Haven’t had the chance to hit the short irons yet.  I can’t wait.  I think the issue TXG had was the 10 degree gap between 8-P.  The only other manufacturer I’m aware of that does that is Srixon.  46 isn’t really an outlier for a PW in players irons but the 10 degree gap is on the high side.  

I actually went the  other way and bent 4-9 one degree weak on the 223s for a few reasons, mainly I wanted any extra spin I can get and I like the idea of less offset, even if it’s minimal. It did get the 8-P gap to 9 as well.  I didn’t want to bend the P strong as it would increase offset and decrease bounce, which is already low on Mizunos.  

• Like 1