PXG Irons

mikealex07

1 minute ago, snagy2000 said:

Why would you worry? 

Correct.  I have found that different shafts sometimes perform better for me at different swingweights.

I typically play D2 also in the 95-105g shaft weight, but with lighter graphite I tend to prefer closer to D0 and heavier steel closer to D4.

Go in to your fitting with an open mind and you may be surprised by what works and feels best for your swing.

If you already know what you want and/or what fits you don’t bother with a fitting as preconceived notions have a way of getting in the way of reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Radeon962 said:

Correct.  I have found that different shafts sometimes perform better for me at different swingweights.

I typically play D2 also in the 95-105g shaft weight, but with lighter graphite I tend to prefer closer to D0 and heavier steel closer to D4.

Go in to your fitting with an open mind and you may be surprised by what works and feels best for your swing.

If you already know what you want and/or what fits you don’t bother with a fitting as preconceived notions have a way of getting in the way of reality.

Thanks for the input.  I was thinking I want same SW no matter the shaft weight so now I’m curious.  Currently play my back up/extra set for visitors with steel fiber i80 with D1.5 SW throughout and it feels a bit too light.  

• Like 1

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

6 minutes ago, gridironesq said:

Thanks for the input.  I was thinking I want same SW no matter the shaft weight so now I’m curious.  Currently play my back up/extra set for visitors with steel fiber i80 with D1.5 SW throughout and it feels a bit too light.  

If you can feel a 0.5 SW difference you have more feel than most.

A dime weighs just a bit over 2g so it is approximately equal to 1 SW.

Have someone tape a dime to a few random clubs in your bag and swing all of them to see if you can feel the difference not knowing which one has a dime and which one does not.

The feel difference with the Steelfiber shafted set is most likely not due to a difference of 0.5 SW points but rather the shaft themselves.  Steelfibers are a different beast from most other shafts and just do feel different.  Some love them while others don’t.

Edited by Radeon962
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Radeon962 said:

Have someone tape a dime to a few random clubs in your bag and swing all of them to see if you can feel the difference not knowing which one has a dime and which one does not.

The feel difference with the Steelfiber shafted set is most likely not due to a difference of 0.5 SW points but rather the shaft themselves.  Steelfibers are a different beast from most other shafts and just do feel different.  Some love them while others don’t.

Agree that it has to be the shafts, but I was thinking it’s the shaft weight being too low?  My last gamers had recoil 95. 

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

9 hours ago, gridironesq said:

Agree that it has to be the shafts, but I was thinking it’s the shaft weight being too low?  My last gamers had recoil 95. 

Possibly.  Overall static weight of a club (grip, shaft, head) plays into feel for many.

Swingweight can be right on a specified # but if the overall weight is too light or too heavy for a golfers swing things can still not “feel” right and affect your swing, timing, tempo, impact, etc.

Again, just another reason why a good fitting pays for itself as you should be hitting various heads, various shafts, different swing weights, etc. to find what works best for your specific swing.

15 hours ago, gridironesq said:

What shafts do you have to achieve D2 swing weight?  I’m being fit this Wednesday and I’m worried about them getting SW right.  

Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

On 10/31/2021 at 12:03 PM, Nittynate said:

I would also take a look at the 0211 st. depending on your skill level. I would say I’m far from an incredible golfer and they are extremely forgiving for blades.  I have gamed the 0311P gen 3 since right after they came out. I got to hit around 20 balls with the 7i 0211 st and they felt like butter and more control than the gen 3 for me. They are killer deal as well for forged blades. Im getting a set!!

I just took advantage of the black friday sale and got a set of the 0211 blades for $75 a head...can't wait to get them!!!

• Like 1

Driver - Titleist TSR3 9 degree w/ Rogue Aldila Silver 125 MSI 60 TX 

3 Wood - Taylormade Stealth+ (tour issue) 15 degree w/ Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid - Callaway Apex UW 19 degree w/ Ventus Blue 9X

4 Iron - Titleist U500 w/ MMT UT 125 TX

5-PW - Muira CB-801 w/ Dynamic Gold X7's

51 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 51 degree 12F grind 

56 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 56 degree 12D grind

60 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 60 degree T grind 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X5 w/ custom welded long neck, Stability Tour Black, Super Stroke Wrist Lock (red/white)

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I’m a little disappointed that the 0211St irons I ordered 11/28 still have not shipped yet and aren’t even in the “Final Inspection” stage yet. The PXG website states that they ship in a week or less. 

I ordered mine on 11/25. Took 6 days until they were shipped. I’ll have them at the end of this week. I also ordered woods and a wedge.

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I’m a little disappointed that the 0211St irons I ordered 11/28 still have not shipped yet and aren’t even in the “Final Inspection” stage yet. The PXG website states that they ship in a week or less. 

I ordered same day as you and have not got to final inspection yet either. However, the website says your clubs will be built in a week, not shipped. I don't think "built" includes final inspection and shipment.

Driver - Titleist TSR3 9 degree w/ Rogue Aldila Silver 125 MSI 60 TX 

3 Wood - Taylormade Stealth+ (tour issue) 15 degree w/ Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid - Callaway Apex UW 19 degree w/ Ventus Blue 9X

4 Iron - Titleist U500 w/ MMT UT 125 TX

5-PW - Muira CB-801 w/ Dynamic Gold X7's

51 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 51 degree 12F grind 

56 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 56 degree 12D grind

60 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 60 degree T grind 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X5 w/ custom welded long neck, Stability Tour Black, Super Stroke Wrist Lock (red/white)

16 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

You can't rely on the website tracking. Many orders have been built and shipped without website being updated, including my last 2 orders. 

Well that’s not practical because they’re not shipping to my house so I’d like to be able track them while they’re enroute. 

25 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

They send you an email when your order is completed and shipped. Happens every time!

Yes, which is the problem. It’s been 9 days since I ordered and still no email they’ve been shipped. Right in their front page it says:

OUR STICKS SHIP IN A WEEK OR LESS.

OTHER COMPANIES ARE EXPERIENCING MASSIVE SHIPPING DELAYS. NOT US!
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO STEP-UP TO PXG.

Ordered my 0211DC irons on Thanksgiving morning (11/25) and they shipped the following Wednesday (12/1). Initial promise from Fed-Ex was delivery on Monday 12/6 and they delivered on 12/6. I had mine shipped to the Dalals store for pick-up. When I got there, they had already opened the box and confirmed that what was in the box was exactly as ordered.

17 hours ago, Radeon962 said:

I agree they are a differnt beast coming from TTDG or old school Hogan Apex steel shafts. I worked with the set in my signature darn near a year before I got used to them and I am now one of those that have came to love them

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

23 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Yes, which is the problem. It’s been 9 days since I ordered and still no email they’ve been shipped. Right in their front page it says:

Pretty sure they only count business days within the stated period which would put you right around 6 days. Also, they got slammed over the holiday weekend and things might be running a tad behind like every other retail organization. Neither of that seems like it's good news for a stickler like you. Give them a call and check on your order status, they'll check on it for you. 

36 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

What did you order? I believe it’s only Gen 4 that ships in a week. 

36 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

What did you order? I believe it’s only Gen 4 that ships in a week. 

Correct, 0211 products typically take 2-3 weeks from order to deliver. My rep said as much when I ordered my 0211 ST and it was correct. Ordered a gen 4 driver after with the credit I got back from the 0211 black Friday sale. Ordered last Monday, shipped this Monday. Speedy

14 minutes ago, LUXOR54 said:

Correct, 0211 products typically take 2-3 weeks from order to deliver. My rep said as much when I ordered my 0211 ST and it was correct. Ordered a gen 4 driver after with the credit I got back from the 0211 black Friday sale. Ordered last Monday, shipped this Monday. Speedy

I just ordered a couple Sugar Daddy wedges…I’m guessing they are not “priority” shipping. 

4 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

You should call PXG.  I ordered 0211st the day after thanksgiving, checked all of the next week and nothing was updated on the order so I called Monday morning.  They ran out of the MMT shafts and then didn't do anything (would have thought they'd reach out to me).  They upgraded my shafts to the accra no upcharge.  I checked this morning and they had shipped.

4 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

I placed a similar order on the 29th and just today it showed them being assembled. Hopefully soon!

$$$$

47 minutes ago, ALIF said:

In all fairness to PXG, their customer service is great, their products are great, and the really are pretty quick with delivery. Especially compared to other OEM's.

I have to agree with you on their customer service..I ordered some 0311 P irons November 18th, they were shipped on the 20th. There was a minor issue, fitter told me grips were .60R so I ordered them with +2 wraps. When they arrived the grip felt a little big, grips are actually .58. I called PXG today to let them know, within 20 minutes they called me back to let me know they would send me new grips.
Couldn't ask for better service. Their customer service reminds me of Ping back in the day.. 

• Like 3
  • Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - New Level 902 PD 6-PW & AW Elevate MPH 95 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

I ordered 2021 0211 DC irons 11/25 and received them 12/5. Would have been 12/4 but I missed FedEx delivery by leaving home 15 minutes too early. Oops, my bad.

Extremely happy with the quick delivery and the build quality. 
Swingwieghts on 6-9 didn’t need to move the scale from D-0.5 (ish). PW and Gap D-1.  Perfectly acceptable. Lengths dead on, the loft and lie look  same (difficult to measure perfectly with hand held digital angle gauge).

Little too cold to test them yet but PXG did everything they needed to. The rest will be up to me lol.

• Like 2

Any issues with performance in the cold? Does cold impact the performance of the polymer?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1