2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! 10 Testers Needed!

1. City, State? Somerville, MA

2. Handicap? 6.8
3. What is your current putter? MackMade Custom Wide blade

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I have used a fang style mallet in the past and loved the look but could never find the right fit weight or feel wise. Looking at other L.A.B. offerings didn’t fit what I was looking for in the last, this is a great looking putter and adding the weighting options can really dial in feel and performance. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes!

1. City, State? San Diego, CA

2. Handicap? 3
3. What is your current putter? Ping Craz-E

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Nope

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Been intrigued with the lie angle balancing, but the first putter design was hideous.  This looks far more attractive and playable.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. Palmyra, NJ

2. Handicap 16

3. Sub 70 005 Wide Blade Center Shaft Putter

4. I have never used or tried a LAB Golf putter. 

5. I have been wanting to try a torque free putter and I truly feel that the technology can be a game change for me as my biggest flaws in putting are caused by the face closing or opening prematurely.

6. I will gladly participate in an ongoing testing thread and will post as detailed and hopefully helpful review with photos. 

1. City, State? Ankeny, IA

2. Handicap? 0
3. What is your current putter? PXG Gen 2 Operator

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes, DF 2.1T

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Let's face the facts. The DF 2.1T makes putts, there's no question about it, but it's the ugliest damn thing I've ever laid eyes on. This new one looks, well, less ugly. If it performs similarly, I'll likely tag her, bag her, and take her home!  

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yup! 

On 10/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

2076538853_LABMezz1Testing.png.43154e81ea404c8fc02482ef9deda6be.png

L.A.B. Golf is choosing ten GolfWRX members to receive their MEZZ.1 putter early and put their brand new product to the test before reporting back to the community about what they see. The selected testers will be one of the first to experience the MEZZ.1 from L.A.B. GOLF, their newest Lie Angle Balanced design, ahead of it's January 2022 launch!

About The L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Putter

MEZZ.1 is our new mid-mallet putter that’s fully CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aircraft aluminum (body) and 303 stainless steel (midsection) to create our best-feeling — and we think best looking — putter to date. It includes 10 weights (eight on the bottom, two on the sides) that allow us to individually build each putter to a golfer’s exact specifications.

How To Apply
In a post below, answer the following questions.

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. What is your current putter?

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

That's it! @labgolf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!

Rochester, Indiana

index 1.2

yes, I have practiced with a friends LAB putter.  The design is intriguing, and the science seems to have merit.

I want to review because, since the anchor ban, my putting is suspect.  I need a putter that does not need to be manipulated.

I agree to test, review and share.

1. City, State? Bloomington, Indiana / Los Angeles,  California

2. Handicap? 1.8
3. What is your current putter? Mizuno Mcraft 2

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No, I have been very interested in testing one but never found one that fit my eye.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? this is the first L.A.B. putter I have looked at and thought I could see myself putting into play. The design is very simple and fits what I am looking for. Also I think it will dramatically change my putting as I can't see to keep the face in the same spot.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes

1. City, State? Seattle, WA

2. Handicap? 8.6

3. What is your current putter? Odyssey Double Wide Armlock

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Very interested in technology L.A.B. Develops. I use an armlock because I cannot use the conventional style. Any new technology is always welcome.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes.

thanks!

1. City, State? Columbus, OH

2. Handicap? 1.0
3. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No, but always been intriuged by the designs

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I spent much of this summer hitting good putts but not having them go in.  Would be interested to see if a change in tech would help drop a few more of those and turn 72s into 67s

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely!

1. City, State?  Fort Worth, TX

2. Handicap? 2.4
3. What is your current putter?  EVNROLL ER 5 Hatchback

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  I have had my ER5 putter for 4 years now and have not found a putter that I like more or feels better in my hands than the ER5. If the MEAZZ.1 putter can aid in helping my game I am all for trying it.  

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes I agree. 

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

1. City, State?  Blaine, MN

2. Handicap?  6
3. What is your current putter?  Ping Heppler Floki

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?  Yes

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  I've always liked the winged putters and have liked the technology in the LAB putters.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely

Ping G430 10K 9* w/ Ventus Blue Velocore 5R
Ping G430 3W w/ Helium R
Ping G430 5W w/ Paderson R
Ping G430 3 hybrid w/ Paderson S
Ping G430 4 hybrid w/Paderson R
Ping G430 5 hybrid w/ Paderson R
Ping G430 7-P, Paderson R shafts

Cleveland CBX2 Zip Core 48* 54* 58*
LAB DF3
TaylorMade SpeedSoft Ink Blue\Green

1. City, State? -> San Diego, CA

2. Handicap? -> 9
3. What is your current putter? Odyssey Toulon Garage Portland

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? -> No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? -> I've been looking for the right putter for years now and have sampled a ton; from milled putters to softer inserts, blades to full mallets. My current putter has me close, but I'm still struggling with consistency with distance control. I'm curious to test the LAB technology, as it seems like it could be the missing answer. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? -> yes

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

1. City, State? Austin, TX

2. Handicap? 1.3
3. What is your current putter? Yes! Callie

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I have never putted with a L.A.B. putter in and or any sort of mallet and this looks like a shape that might fit my eye.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. City, State?

Kokomo, Indiana

2. Handicap?

3. What is your current putter?

LAB Directed Force 2.1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?

Yes

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?

I like the smaller head. The technology is awesome..

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

Yes

...Ever changing

1. Fort Worth,TX

2. +1.9
3. Bettinardi BB0

4. I have messed around with one, but have never had one in the bag

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  Seeing a friend switch to the DF2.1 and his putting improve dramatically got me intrigued with the putter. I believe in the mechanics the LAB DF2.1 instills, but the overall lightness feel doesn't click with my putting feel. The MEAZZ.1 seems to be focused on the thing keeping me from using a LAB. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes; would gladly document the journey

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

1. City, State? Colorado Springs, CO

2. Handicap? 9.1
3. What is your current putter? Ping Redwood D66

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? I have not.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? My putting is streaky and I am looking for more consistency, better performance and more confidence.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? I am willing to participate. 

1. Kingsland, Georgia

2. 15.8
3. Taylormade TM2 Truss Center 

4. Not yet.  Golf stores in this area aren’t very good.  I would like to try one before buying.

5. I am interested in the technology, the shape of the head, and the position of the shaft.  I had STX SS2 putter that had the shaft in a similar position that i wanted to go back to.  I just did not like their inserts.

6. Yes!

1. City, State? Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

2. Handicap? 9
3. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 or X 6STR

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? The Scotty 6STR is the only center shafted putter I’ve used. Im more of a straight back-straight through putter and I’d love to compare that to the size, feel and sound of another top tier brand. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely!

Taylormade Stealth+ 9.0* | GD Tour ADHD 6X

Taylormade Stealth+ 15* | GD Tour ADHD 7X

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 19* | Ventus Blue 9TX

Miura TC-201  4-PW  | MMT 105 S

Miura 50* Raw  | BGT ZNE 115g

National Custom Works  Jeff McCoy 54 | DG TI S400

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe Raw 58  | KBS Hi Rev 115

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 STR | Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 2021

Taylormade TP5X 2021

1. City, State - Goodyear, AZ

2. Handicap - 2
3. What is your current putter - L.A.B. DF2.1 Armlock

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter - Yes

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter - Love my Armlock DF2.1, best putter I have ever used! I have been wanting to try a standard length putter again and I like the technology in the L.A.B. Putters and I like the way the new MEAZZ.1 looks.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos - It would be my pleasure!

Callaway Paradym TD 9* (Set at 8*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Callaway Paradym TD 15* (Set at 14*) - Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.5

Callaway Paradym TD 18* - Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.5

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18* (Seet at 19*) - Mitsubishi MMT 80X

Callaway Apex Pro Hybrid 26* - Mitsubishi MMT 80X

Callaway TCB 6 - AW - Mitsubishi MMT 105TX

Callaway Jaws Raw 54W & 58W - Mitsubishi MMT 125 Wedge

Odyssey 2-Ball Armlock

Iomic Sticky 2.3 Grips

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

1. City, State? Atlanta, GA

2. Handicap? 4.5
3. What is your current putter? TM Spider Center Shaft

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes I have tried the DF2.1

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I'm a big fan of center shaft putters and would like to see if the technology is for real.  This putter looks much better than the DF2.1.

1. Folsom, CA

2. 0.7
3. L.A.B. Brass B.2 with 1.5 press grip!

4. Yes! See above

5. I LOVE the L.A.B. B.2 putter...it cured my putter ho addiction. I used to have a new putter every few months but ever since I got the B.2 about a year ago I haven't bought another putter since! So much better on midrange putts.  It seems like for the first time I know the way the ball is going to roll off the putter I just need to read it right. Was deadly as the 4th putter in a recent scramble I played in. I always said if you guys ever built something between the B.2 and DF 2.1 I would have to try it and here it is! DF 2.1 is just a little to big for my eye but I would actually love to have a putter with this tech that is a little bigger than my B.2. 

6. 100%!!!

TM SIM 10.5 - LA Golf A Series 60

TM SIM Ti 15 - LA Golf A Series 70

Cally OG Apex UW 19 - Smoke Black 80

Cobra One 4 Utility + Forged 6-GW - TT 120 S400

Edison 52, 56 & 60 - TT 120 X100

Odyssey Versa One

1. City, State? San Antonio, TX

2. Handicap? 0
3. What is your current putter? Odyssey 7S

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? My brother in law has the DFP and Blad

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? My big thing was the LAB putters didn’t suit my eye and this one is much closer to the 7 style look I like. I am wanting to be familiar with the look plus take advantage of the tech. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yea absolutely. Brand new iPhone ready to go!

1. Folsom, CA

2. 7.4

3. This week it's a Byron Morgan DH-89.  Always searching for the "hot" one.

4. Yes, twice.  First time 6 yrs ago.  Sold it and bought another this year, the DF 2.1T and used it until it cooled off and I decided to try a blade again.  Sitting on the rack waiting for another stint.

5. My biggest issue with the DF 2.1 is the look/style.  Looking at the MEAZZ.1, it looks more visually appealing, and I want to see if it works as well or even better than mine.

6. Was fortunate to be selected as a Golfwrx tester years ago for the TM SLDR driver, and I would absolutely love the chance to inform others of the features and benefits of LAB putters.

1. City, State? Folsom, CA

2. Handicap? 1.0
3. What is your current putter? DF 2.1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes!

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  Looking for a more appealing putter shape with the same L.A.B. technology.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes!

Would love to be selected as a tester, as I am a current DF 2.1 customer.  🙂

1. City, State? Las Vegas, NV

2. Handicap? 5
3. What is your current putter? DF 2.1 T7

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Seems like the perfect putter for me --- from a size and looks perspective.  It is something I have been hoping LAB would release as I do like phang type putters. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? 100% Yes

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

1. City, State? West Hills, CA

2. Handicap? 3.5
3. What is your current putter? L.A.B Golf Putter

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?  Yes, I have owned 3

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I want to try another version of my favorite putter

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Of course I do.  I am a cameraman and love to take videos

1. City, State? San Fernando, California

2. Handicap? 8
3. What is your current putter? Reno 2.1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? YES

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? A chance to see a SMALLER footprint lie balance putter than my Reno 2.1. Plus I like that shape and it's interesting contrast to the bigger 2.1

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yep

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing