2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2021 CME Group Tour Championship (Nov 18 - 21)

Argonne69

The Jin Young Ko Show. Lol. Very fitting end to the season. 63 consecutive greens in regulation?! Are you kidding me? She also managed 51/56 fairways, and an average of 29 putts per round on 67 greens hit. She certainly knows how to put the cherry on top of a season.

Great week by Nasa. She hung in there and only needed a slight bobble by Jin Young to grab her 3rd win of the season. 

Excellent interview by Nelly after her round. She should be proud of her season, and no reason why next year won't be as good. 'Just couldn't get the putts to fall today, which has basically been the story of the season for her when she's come up short of winning.

Very surprised to see Mina and Megan in the top five. Nice paychecks for both.

Lydia and In Gee both with another Sunday Special. Now if they can both figure out how to go low on Saturdays we'll see them both hoisting a few more trophies.

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 4

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Just now, iBanesto said:

Jin Young Ko is amazing.

I know I say this all the time but she seems so down to earth off the course but a ruthless machine on it.

Great comeback to her season after that wrist injury.

Now I have yet another reason to skip the range before my rounds. Lol.

• Haha 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

3 hours ago, Cwebb said:

I hope you realized this was the case a while ago.  Was this ever in question?  🤔

What's your point?  Even though it's a disappointed season, she delivered!

She's the youngest player by 3 years at 2021 Solheim Cup and had a 2-1 record, third best among Americans.  She earned $708,162 official money,  that's #27 and #8 among Americans.

She's earned $1,123,469 in 1-1/2 seasons while all of her American peers are still in junior year in college.  

Tell me any other 20 years old American women's golfer who's done more professionally?  I hope you're still in this forum in the next 1-2 years and have a chance to see how she blossoms as a player.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, 18majors said:

What's your point?  Even though it's a disappoint season, she delivered!

She's the youngest player by 3 years at 2021 Solheim Cup and had a 2-1 record, third best among Americans.  She earned $708,162 official money,  that's #27 and #8 among Americans.

She's earned $1,123,469 in 1-1/2 seasons while all of her American peers are still in junior year in college.  

Tell me any other 20 years old American women's golfer who's done more professionally?  I hope you're still in this forum in the next 1-2 years and have a chance to see how she blossoms as a player.

Lexi?  Before she was 20...

2014   $946, 764

2013   $1,206,109

2012   $611,021

DOB:  2/10/1995

• Like 2

Well, that was just incredible! Jin Young Ko has delivered a masterpiece. Only shame for me is that the coverage I received started with her on the 9th. In fact, JYK was -13 in the periods NOT broadcast to me on the weekend!! Holy moly.

I get the feeling that LPGA is on the up and up. Arguably that is an illusion that I have based on having a deeper knowledge of the players compared to when I first got interested in 2016. But, maybe some stats minded poster has some data.

To deliver this ending - the two outstanding players of the year (by a long way!) going head-to-head for the $1.5m and the Rolex player of the year - was a dream. It must have been a crushing blow for Nellie, given her outstanding season, but JYK is just plain mean that way!

Granma Judy spoke of Nellie being tired. I am sure they were all tired. What we saw was disappointment once the elastic broke, and the CME championship and PoY were lost. And who can blame her? Just incredible golf by Ko.

• Like 4

Congrats Jin Young!

What a performance with an injured wrist...without taking a full swing during your practice sessions all week.

And you also had to take out a HARD CHARGING Nasa who shot 64 in order to win POY, the $1.5M and money title.

You DID WHAT YOU HAD TO DO young lady...Kudos!

Let's NOT FORGET....Jin Young only played 4 events in 2020 and had to do what she had to do to qualify to play the 2020 CME and went on and won that event and the money title too....nice defence to your title.

No wonder Dave Brooker's daughter was so happy congratulating JYK.

I assume JYK is no .....Matt THE MOOCH Kuchar...and will pay Dave $150,000 (10%) for the win...and Dave's daughter can now s*ck up to Pops for an extra nice Xmas gift.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fredogolfer said:

1) Surprised David Brooker did a "Caddie Knows Best" with JYK.

2) He almost lost it one time in the media center of an event I was working when he was standing behind the main desk making a phone call with his back to everyone.  After he wrapped up he remained seated in that position looking at a cell phone. A journalist, who I am 99.9% sure had no idea who he was came in and tapped him on the shoulder to ask if he was the rules official? He freaked out and started saying " No, I'm not doing an interview, I don't do any tv, interviews or anything leave me alone please." When a simple, no, I'm not a rules official would have sufficed.

3) I don't see how some of the nicest players in the game have had him as a caddie then again Suzanne was not oozing honey but I would say she was just super intense. 

1) That "Caddie Knows Best" is old...JYK is wearing a Hite hat.

2) Must be an event when Brooker was looping for Lorena...maybe Lorena's event?🤣

3) Brooker was smart to DUMP the Pink Diva to loop for JYK.

Dave gave the LOVELY Grace Park credit for spring boarding his caddie career.

He must have been on Grace's bag at the 2003 BoM CWO, where I volunteered and Grace sat down in my cart during a pro-am while there was a wait on a tee block....we chatted about fashion....lol....Grace is such a freakin DOLL.

I spoke with Lorena's loop...Tom???...he use to loop for Nancy Lopez.

So when Lorena fired Brooker in 2008...who did she replace him with?

This is a good article on Brooker I just found.

https://www.thecaddienetwork.com/lpga-caddie-legend-dave-brooker-enjoying-dream-season-with-south-koreas-jin-young-ko/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Evidently the 23 year old Nelly who has only played 3 events since August 19 was just too tired...(according to the broadcast crew).

Pink Shirt Millennials......very very SOFT and ENTITLED.

Kinda surprised the Koreans (Q-Cells - Hanwha) sponsor Nelly...considering Koreans work very hard.

I guess that Koreans felt sorry for Nelly cause the Mericans would not throw big money her way.🤣

7 hours ago, Cwebb said:

I hope you realized this was the case a while ago.  Was this ever in question?  🤔

He just likes to FAWN/DROOL over the really young gals....like POSER Pano, Thitikul, Zhangster, etc...it's his MO.

It was a crazy good tournament to watch with $1.5M on the line for the winner.....Nasa shooting 64 and not letting up to force JYK to shoot 63 to win it....while Nelly was folding under JYK's relentless play.....and his only post for the final rd (besides his reply to you) was to discuss Yealimi who finished 14 strokes behind the winner...WTF...SMH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KBong said:

Congrats Jin Young!

What a performance with an injured wrist...without taking a full swing during your practice sessions all week.

And you also had to take out a HARD CHARGING Nasa who shot 64 in order to win POY, the $1.5M and money title.

You DID WHAT YOU HAD TO DO young lady...Kudos!

Let's NOT FORGET....Jin Young only played 4 events in 2020 and had to do what she had to do to qualify to play the 2020 CME and went on and won that event and the money title too....nice defence to your title.

No wonder Dave Brooker's daughter was so happy congratulating JYK.

I assume JYK is no .....Matt THE MOOCH Kuchar...and will pay Dave $150,000 (10%) for the win...and Dave's daughter can now s*ck up to Pops for an extra nice Xmas gift.

Glad you mentioned Nasa too.

You're right - her weekend showing was phenomenal. Imagine her, goes into the final round tied for the lead, shoots -8, and loses outright! Nasa also deserves the highest praise for what she did. She seems to go missing for periods of the year, but knows how to bring it home when she is playing well. I would think this was a tournament where she "brought it home", so to speak, but also didn't - on account of one JYK.

• Like 3

Well my reverse jinx worked and JYK came from further back than 5 strokes after R1 to win...never in doubt.😀

Not really, didn't think she would do it with the quality of the log jam of terrific players ahead of her.

One of the best performances I have seen in a long time, she is like a lovely, pleasant, brilliant - and lets not forget injured  - golfing machine.

Just wow.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag