LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)

SheriffBooth

25 minutes ago, deathbymuffin said:

In that case, I can't wait for the inevitable LIV Golf/Forged in Fire collaboration, where amateur bladesmiths hand forge irons that will be played in a LIV Tour event.  The players won't mind since they've already been compensated for their participation in the exhibition.  Maybe even set up a makeshift forge at the course, so LIV fans can watch the irons of their favorite LIV characters being made in person.

I like your way of thinking but I do not think it will fly---- Not enough people these days know anything about forged blades to draw any interest. Ya know not everyone is as versed as us WRXers

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Agree. If he didn’t get as much or more as phil and more than DJ it’s a slap in his face. 

i have a gut feeling he either renegotiates or crawfishes back out of the LIV deal before the end of the playoffs. 

Can you imagine being world #2. And earning less than phil ? And more so , knowing that by the time your new league can possibly earn ranking points , that you’ll be playing against only guys ranked outside the top 200. Giving you zero chance of ever rising again 

Cameron, are you listening?

• Like 3

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

31 minutes ago, cristphoto said:

What if LIV scheduled their tournaments on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday?  Would that then be considered competing with the PGA Tour? 

From a "competing events" perspective, the language in the 2019-20 guidelines suggest that it is still considered a competing event, as it is based week-to-week. This of course is because practice days, media appearances, pro-am, etc are all wrapped into a tournament. 

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

2 hours ago, jdl said:

I don't think he's actually violated the tour policy yet and with the impending trial you don't want to give the other side that kind of ammo.

Bubba's already signed and been announced, not suspend yet as he has yet to play on LIV because he's still rehabbing from injury. And he's costing another player a chance to earn his tour card. See this thread:

It is a sad situation but that is how the structure of the PGAT is. 

Honestly one could state that it hurts players like Chris but again that is the format/structure currently of the PGAT and as we have seen it not going to budge.  If they did it now it would set a precedence and that could hurt them in court. 

The PGAT players all state it "Dig it out of the dirt" is what we are about.  So the argument is Chris has not done enough yet to be on tour though he has the talent.   Chris is a good player and playing really well this season but it is the system that is set in stone.  

Feherty’s interview was something. He admits it’s essentially about money. I’m sure the Saudis loved hearing that. But I just can’t believe he’ll be able to be as candid as he wants on LIV broadcasts. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

32 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

Have fun probably never playing in another major after next year

Yeah, this is a bit of an odd one.  A very young ascending player, but no wins on the PGA Tour.  No real status in the majors going forward (or is there something based on his top-10s this year).  I wonder what the LIV compensation is for a guy with those credentials and not much name recognition outside of hardcore fans.  

24 minutes ago, CDM said:

Honestly one could state that it hurts players like Chris but again that is the format/structure currently of the PGAT and as we have seen it not going to budge.  If they did it now it would set a precedence and that could hurt them in court. 

The PGAT players all state it "Dig it out of the dirt" is what we are about.  So the argument is Chris has not done enough yet to be on tour though he has the talent.   Chris is a good player and playing really well this season but it is the system that is set in stone.  

It's reminiscent of the Zalatoris situation last year. He was inside the top 30 points-wise but not eligible for the 2021 FedEx Cup Playoffs because he was only a special temporary PGA member--being in the top 30 didn't make him a full member until the 2021-2022 season started. 

To a degree that is dumb, and he earned a spot in the FedEx Cup Playoffs based on his play. But in order to grant him a spot, it would require changing rules in the middle of a season to handle one hard case, and that brings into questions the validity of the rules going forward. If you change them every time you want to make a popular exception, then they might as well not be rules at all. 

Same for Chris. It sucks that he's missing out only because Bubba, who is gone as soon as he tees it up for LIV which happens to be after the conclusion of the 2022-23 season, is still in the points list. 

Question: If Bubba resigned his PGA Tour membership between now and the end of the FedEx Cup playoffs, would that move Chris onto the right side of the line? If so, if Bubba had any integrity, he'd do it and publicly state he's doing it to make sure that someone isn't being excluded from the Tour he's turning his back on. 

• Like 3

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

I must’ve missed something. Cam Smith has not officially announced he’s leaving, yet every major sports source indicate that he is, or has he announced ? I did check LIV stories and they indicated he inked a deal … and he still gets to play in the FedEx Cup? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Thanks for entertaining my reply. 

yes. That is a perspective I hadn’t considered. Mostly because I haven’t had a boss in 22 years …..but I can see that. Especially in a competitive corporate job where results are tangible.  

and in thinking back , I guess I can see 21 year old jacks flaws too. I certainly worked for Pennys while trying to get my business afloat.  Pennys and long hours.  42 year old jack isn’t capable of 7 day work weeks 10 hours or so a day. And certainly not for the same pay.   So point taken. 

No problem at all dude, honestly i enjoy talking about these things and getting different perspectives. I can totally see how a self employed person could view things differently. Not to get all macro-scale here but i wish people could have more conversations about controversial topics in general. Would probably see many of us aren't so different

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

15 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

It's reminiscent of the Zalatoris situation last year. He was inside the top 30 points-wise but not eligible for the 2021 FedEx Cup Playoffs because he was only a special temporary PGA member--being in the top 30 didn't make him a full member until the 2021-2022 season started. 

To a degree that is dumb, and he earned a spot in the FedEx Cup Playoffs based on his play. But in order to grant him a spot, it would require changing rules in the middle of a season to handle one hard case, and that brings into questions the validity of the rules going forward. If you change them every time you want to make a popular exception, then they might as well not be rules at all. 

Same for Chris. It sucks that he's missing out only because Bubba, who is gone as soon as he tees it up for LIV which happens to be after the conclusion of the 2022-23 season, is still in the points list. 

Question: If Bubba resigned his PGA Tour membership between now and the end of the FedEx Cup playoffs, would that move Chris onto the right side of the line? If so, if Bubba had any integrity, he'd do it and publicly state he's doing it to make sure that someone isn't being excluded from the Tour he's turning his back on. 

I watched Will Z at the CO TPC KFT event. 

Love his game and recall that going down.  It was sad. 

I agree It makes no sense but I am sure it has to do with those players not "being members" of the PGAT though they played the way into events and did well.

Seems like it happens more then not. The PGAT will not give them per se what they have "earned" into events unless you are a signed "member" which seems a bit out of line personally.   They want to grow the game, we are hear for the players....BUT only if you sign this contract. 

...and yes Bubba should do the right thing if he knows he is not going to play anymore on the PGAT.  Maybe he is thinking of backing out?

On 8/2/2022 at 10:48 AM, SheriffBooth said:

Please continue your discussions of the LIV Tour here.  Note:

1.  No political discussion will be permitted whatsoever, including fund sourcing.  For many of you that have been posting in the LIV threads moderation will seem heavy handed for a time, but the LIV threads have eroded one of the founding principals of GolfWRX and one of the elements that make this place a safe haven on the internet.  Posts will be removed without notice or warning, and it will be within the moderators' full discretion to issue warnings and suspensions to members that can't help themselves.

2.  Reporting by members remains a very important part of moderation on these Forums.  If you are among the majority that love the GolfWRX Forums because of the lack of political discourse and the negativity that permeates much of the internet, it is important that you become comfortable using the Report feature to help the moderators deal with problems.

3.  Post-running and "running the site" will not be tolerated.  This means that if you are posting excessively in the LIV thread or elsewhere, your account may be temporarily suspended.  This will be in the moderators' discretion.

4.  Accounts that appear to have been created for the sole purpose of posting about LIV will be closely examined and may be suspended.

Bickering and personal attacks will also not be tolerated.  Please use care when quoting other members and consider what you are posting and why before you post.

If one writes the greatest post ever and then embeds profanity or innuendo, whether disguised or spelled out, it will be hidden and or deleted. 

• Like 2

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Good job Bubba.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, woodriff said:

I must’ve missed something. Cam Smith has not officially announced he’s leaving, yet every major sports source indicate that he is, or has he announced ? I did check LIV stories and they indicated he inked a deal … and he still gets to play in the FedEx Cup? 

I think the answer is obvious. If he doesn't announce during playoffs the PGA has no valid reason to bar him. If they do, on the basis of rumors I would think Smith would have one hell of a lawsuit against the PGA for violating their own rules about qualifications for the events.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Good for him. I'm certainly not a fan of LIV as is obvious from what I've said in this thread, but this is the right move by Bubba. 

What difference does it make to resign?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• GwrxMod changed the title to LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)
  • GwrxMod locked this topic