2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)

SheriffBooth

'Regarding the Section 2 claim that PGA TOUR engaged in unlawful maintenance of a monopoly,...On this claim, as well as the Section 1 claim, the Court acknowledges that TRO Plaintiffs raise significant antitrust issues that are facially appealing. But PGA TOUR has responded with preliminary evidence and argument potentially exposing fundamental flaws in Plaintiffs’ claims. These complex issues are best resolved on a more developed record.'

Does PGA Tour face antitrust issues?

1 hour ago, Oneput said:

'Regarding the Section 2 claim that PGA TOUR engaged in unlawful maintenance of a monopoly,...On this claim, as well as the Section 1 claim, the Court acknowledges that TRO Plaintiffs raise significant antitrust issues that are facially appealing. But PGA TOUR has responded with preliminary evidence and argument potentially exposing fundamental flaws in Plaintiffs’ claims. These complex issues are best resolved on a more developed record.'

Does PGA Tour face antitrust issues?

Maybe, but as the judge said on first glance they exposed fundamental flaws in the players’ case. 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

13 hours ago, RDT415 said:

This - I believe he may be in talks with LIV, but from a business point of view as mentioned above, that offer can only get larger. It would be pretty ridiculous for Cam to sign with LIV prior to the FedEx Playoffs.

I don't think it matters if he signs prior to FedEx.  Now, if he tees it up in a LIV event prior to the FedEx, that's an entirely different story.

Edited by forrester_fire
  • Like 4

Timing is interesting since the Fed Ex cup just started but according to reports, both Cameron Smith and Cameron Young are joining LIV.  (they were the 1-2 finishers at this year's Open).  Cameron Smith is getting $100 million.  Initially he was offered $90 million from what I read and held out until they raised it another $10 mil.  Not sure what Young is getting but I'm guessing it's in the $30-60 million range.

The cherry picking of the PGA Tour's top talent continues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Timing is interesting since the Fed Ex cup just started but according to reports, both Cameron Smith and Cameron Young are joining LIV.  (they were the 1-2 finishers at this year's Open).  Cameron Smith is getting $100 million.  Initially he was offered $90 million from what I read and held out until they raised it another $10 mil.  Not sure what Young is getting but I'm guessing it's in the $30-60 million range.

Cameron Young going to LIV was poorly sourced. Most have walked back their comment.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RH82 said:

Any Canadians know why the last LIV event was on CHCH? I nearly fell off my chair when I seen it on tv a few weeks ago.

A friend of mine in Toronto alerted me to that. Certainly not available on the prairies. Maybe a fill of some kind. Really not too sure. Make a note and see if they carry it again for the next event. What did you think of the coverage? 

44 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

It was supposed to be that way in the sense it was intended to be a league of the best competing against the best.  From the LIV standpoint it was supposed to be fluid so long as those who signed the contracts played in the LIV events ahead of competing other tour events.  In the "off weeks" I don't think LIV cares where they play.

On the other hand, PGAT and DPT have closed the doors behind those players.  They made it into an all or nothing proposition.

If Hideki Matsuyama, for whatever reason, wanted to play a full season on the Japan Tour, and he did not meet his 15 event minimum for the PGAT, would he be suspended or banned from returning?  He may lose his exemptions or may have to requalify to regain his card at worse but he would likely not be suspended.

8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

exactly.    His dad is a PGA professional and I think his coach.   Cam Young going would be really weird.   

And if we are to believe the other stuff…. Hidecki is going for $400m, and Cam Smith is going for $100m.  
I know that you have to throw logic out when dealing with LIV which has no workable business case, but there is something wrong with those deals…. Or they aren’t real. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, bscinstnct said:

I have to say that liv will make things very interesting over the next few years 

Not that I anticipate I’ll ever be interested in watching it.

But it’s been some time since I had anything so good to hate and openly root for to fail!

🤣

Not me. I've always got Auburn's football team.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, woodriff said:

A friend of mine in Toronto alerted me to that. Certainly not available on the prairies. Maybe a fill of some kind. Really not too sure. Make a note and see if they carry it again for the next event. What did you think of the coverage? 

It was just as unwatchable as it was on YT.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, smashdn said:

If Hideki Matsuyama, for whatever reason, wanted to play a full season on the Japan Tour, and he did not meet his 15 event minimum for the PGAT, would he be suspended or banned from returning?  He may lose his exemptions or may have to requalify to regain his card at worse but he would likely not be suspended.

If you read the PGA Tour guidelines, foreign-born players are able to play as many events on their "home" tour as they want, without requiring releases. 

This is of course different than the 15-event requirement from the PGA Tour and the two shouldn't be conflated.

But as long as Hideki met his 15-event requirement, he can play every other week of the year on the Japan tour without causing any issues with his PGA Tour membership.

• Like 3

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

32 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Sorry, just read it this morning.  Thought it was interesting and worth sharing.  Apparently it was inaccurate news.  Can't remember the source but it was a normal golf one on google. 

I also posted saying he was. All articles referenced a Times article which was behind a paywall. The Times led off with the statement as a teaser with the details behind the paywall. 

5 hours ago, Gregakin said:

These once rising stars are already forgotten only 2 years removed.  

They can hit bombs and putt to Devo, Timbuk 3 + the rest of the one-hit-wonder has-beens blaring on the PA system.  They won't be missed by the time 2023 rolls around, save for the chuckles surrounding episodes like Bryson's meltdown over his sponsor's driver set-up.

58 minutes ago, mitchl said:

exactly.    His dad is a PGA professional and I think his coach.   Cam Young going would be really weird.   

And if we are to believe the other stuff…. Hidecki is going for $400m, and Cam Smith is going for $100m.  
I know that you have to throw logic out when dealing with LIV which has no workable business case, but there is something wrong with those deals…. Or they aren’t real. 

Well, I don’t see any video of any interviews with CY at the st Jude’s. 

And somebody better go interview him soon cause don’t look like he playin so good! 

Good that this guy says he got this from young’s parents. But young people have been known to keep things from their parents lol

Edited by bscinstnct

15 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

Judge Freeman lobbed bombs like this at LIV's TRO request in her order on motion: "If LIV Golf is elite golf’s future, what do TRO Plaintiffs care about the dust-collecting trophies of a bygone era?"

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64865584/63/mickelson-v-pga-tour-inc/

Thanks for sharing that 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Latest "rumor" says Cam's deal is for $140 mil.

They're all wrong. It's for $149.52356 mil.  Don't forget, you heard it here first!!

I must admit I'm going to be disappointed to see him go but quite frankly there's never been so much talent coming through the door. Time to meet and greet these guys.

We live in a what have you done for me lately world. Besides playing the part of a puppet these guys have not done anything for anybody other than for themselves. Playing in an exhibition is already stale. Isn't going to matter who you rotate in or out. Same guys, same loud obnoxious music and a very repulsive GN.

The fact that DJ hasn't won an exhibition yet should speak volumes for how much practice time he's putting in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Stenson's caddie played college golf here and still calls our city home. He's been around town telling people Henrik gave him $500,000 after his recent LIV victory. Needless to say, he doesn't miss the PGAT (yet). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

• GwrxMod changed the title to LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)
  • GwrxMod locked this topic