TMRW Sports - Tiger & Rory

PracticeSwinger

20 minutes ago, kasting333 said:

Like another poster mentioned, I wish they made a full sized hole in a dome and could adjust it somehow to come up with challenges. 

Watching it simulated instead of a real ball flying is not going to work well for entertainment. 

I agree!

Thats a big drawback, seeing the ball fly is half the fun. 

So, they hit drive into a sim. Then the approach into a sim? Boring. 

Maybe they can make most the holes long par 3s and drivable par 4s

Then if it’s on the green, they putt “live” but still boring. 

The only real run live shots are the chips, sand shots. 

They gotta figure out how to let the guys tee off and send the ball soaring for the fans to see!

The best way would be to have an enormous sim screen like a hundred yards from the tee box, on the other end of the stadium!

They could have seats all around the sides of the sim (protected by bullet glass) and the ball comes flying at you if it misses the sim!

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

I agree!

They gotta figure out how to let the guys tee off and send the ball soaring for the fans to see!

The best way would be to have an enormous sim screen like a hundred yards from the tee box, on the other end of the stadium!

They could have seats all around the sides of the sim (protected by bullet glass) and the ball comes flying at you if it misses the sim!

I like it! 

Seeing the calculations for long drives is cool and all, but people want to see a player like tiger’s preciseness and a lot of that could be lost with sim golf

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

9 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I agree!

I’ve watched sooooo many Alex Etches and TXG videos to know I’m going to be hooked AF. If they are going to show all the ball and club data, count me in.

Set it to auto put and let’s go!

• Like 3

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

13 minutes ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

I’ve watched sooooo many Alex Etches and TXG videos to know I’m going to be hooked AF. If they are going to show all the ball and club data, count me in.

Set it to auto put and let’s go!

Yeah but I think that is all it would cater to... the GolfWRX numbers nerds.  Unfortunately that makes up a tiny fraction of the overall golf landscape from players to casual viewers. 

The worst thing about this is it’s still 16 months away. 16 months for WRX’ers to argue back and forth whether this idea is the best thing since 460 cc drivers or the worst idea since LIV.

They do have a lot going for them. Tiger. Prime time TV. January to March schedule when the NFL season is winding down and most of the country is still indoors.  2 hours of continuous action. All the folks who have complained that the PGATour format is stale and old fashioned and new formats need to be developed to appeal to younger audiences should be pleased. 

52 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I agree!

As someone who plays a lot of virtual golf, i would watch pros play it. Like i mentioned i actually think this is a decent idea. I don't even mind if they are hitting into a screen.

It just can't be regular golf, except into a screen. Like i don't want to watch guys re-grip their club 15 times and talk to a caddy.

But Rory and Justin Thomas having some dialog, maybe some light trash talking. Perhaps an occasional beer , some different kinds of formats etc...They can't treat this like regular golf IMO, it has to be a bit on the nose about what it is.

I would totally tune in at first and see.

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Is Nike and their child labor involved at all? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

3 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I believe it's being funded by the Canadian Investment fund. The nicest and most polite investment fund in the world. We get involved in ventures like this to distract people from all the kids that drown in maple syrup in a normal year.

What's the proper spelling of the Canadian pronunciation of "sorry"? Because the CIF definitely has that in their slogan.

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

In my opinion, they will need to bring in some compelling and interesting personalities to float this thing. I respect Tiger and Rory as the day is long, but they are not actors or professional comedians. They ply their trade on a golf course, that is where they are entertainers.  

I hope they hire a writing staff and put some sort of structure to this thing. I think if they don't, it's going to be painfully awkward. 

Edited by Dr. Block

4 minutes ago, Dr. Block said:

In my opinion, they will need to bring in some compelling and interesting personalities to float this thing. I respect Tiger and Rory as the day is long, but they are not actors or professional comedians. They ply their trade on a golf course, that is where they are entertainers.  

I hope they hire a writing staff and put some sort of structure to this thing. I think if they don't, it's going to be painfully awkward. 

I'm sure we'll see everything from promising kid golfers to movie stars and sports stars with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Should be straight out of PR campaign for Tiger, Rory, and PGA Tour. 

Edited by DFS PFD
  • Like 2

Well.  

On 8/24/2022 at 12:52 PM, bscinstnct said:

“And also Tiger doesn't have to walk... a sure fire way to watch Tiger playing golf?“

Genius!

TW gonna get #83 and GOAT #19 yet!

🤣

I hope this is how this kneeling move works out ….. maybe tiger just sucking them in for the greater good.  Old Persian king kind of favors Gregory …. Bet he has a statue of himself in the garden too ! 😂

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 hours ago, DFS PFD said:

I'm sure we'll see everything from promising kid golfers to movie stars and sports stars with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Should be straight out of PR campaign for Tiger, Rory, and PGA Tour.

Who knows, it could be cool or it could be a disaster. 

Week 1 - Tiger/Jordan vs Rory/Steph Curry - Battle NBA

Week 2 - JT / Tom Holland vs Rickie / Samuel L Jackson - Battle Marvel

Week 3 - Morikawa / Bill Murray vs Speith / Ray Romano - Battle Comedian

Week 4 - Min Woo Lee / Minjee Lee vs The Korda Sisters - Battle Family

I think you could structure some fun events. Mix in a scramble, shamble, best/worst ball. Add in a skins component with some % going to the charity of the players choice etc. 

I don't think it will ever be appointment TV but if it takes place after football season and it's competition is a regular season NBA game where LeBron is sitting out for "load management" and nobody is playing defense, I'm probably watching virtual golf. 

• Like 2

I think the point that is being missed from reading responses is that this is very much for a specific demographic. Rory in a interview said the problem golf has been fighting for years is that the overwhelming majority of their fans are older and not a lot of 'young eye balls' on the sport, as he put it.

This is apparently being made to help get younger people watching and interested in the sport, which is a good idea if golf wants to survive for the long term IMO.

It sounds like it could be really cool if they do a few things right in terms of rules, games, ect and I'm sure it's more than watching guys hit into a simulator lol. With all of the lights, music and technology the presentation will probably be awesome.

The one thing I don't want to see is them turn it into a gameshow/celebrity event type thing by bringing in Kevin Hart to be the MC and pairing pros with random celebs. That will make it lame and gimmicky. I would like to see pros vs pros in a actual competition.

Why not just build a indoor dome attached to a TopGolf-like range? That way they can actually hit their long shots outdoors at targets or projection holes but finish holes in the short game stadium. Have you seen those indoor putting greens that can change because they are digital? Do that but make it a entire driving range lol

Edited by akronswitness
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, dalehead said:

The worst thing about this is it’s still 16 months away. 16 months for WRX’ers to argue back and forth whether this idea is the best thing since 460 cc drivers or the worst idea since LIV.

They do have a lot going for them. Tiger. Prime time TV. January to March schedule when the NFL season is winding down and most of the country is still indoors.  2 hours of continuous action. All the folks who have complained that the PGATour format is stale and old fashioned and new formats need to be developed to appeal to younger audiences should be pleased. 

Oh that’s not true at all. We will also be discussing blades/cavities and if a 4-cap could beat Rickie Fowler or an LPGA major winner. 

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

9 hours ago, akronswitness said:

I think the point that is being missed from reading responses is that this is very much for a specific demographic. Rory in a interview said the problem golf has been fighting for years is that the overwhelming majority of their fans are older and not a lot of 'young eye balls' on the sport, as he put it.

This is apparently being made to help get younger people watching and interested in the sport, which is a good idea if golf wants to survive for the long term IMO.

It sounds like it could be really cool if they do a few things right in terms of rules, games, ect and I'm sure it's more than watching guys hit into a simulator lol. With all of the lights, music and technology the presentation will probably be awesome.

The one thing I don't want to see is them turn it into a gameshow/celebrity event type thing by bringing in Kevin Hart to be the MC and pairing pros with random celebs. That will make it lame and gimmicky. I would like to see pros vs pros in a actual competition.

Why not just build a indoor dome attached to a TopGolf-like range? That way they can actually hit their long shots outdoors at targets or projection holes but finish holes in the short game stadium. Have you seen those indoor putting greens that can change because they are digital? Do that but make it a entire driving range lol

My kids will watch YouTube videos of other kids playing video games. If they are going youth this is 100% a compelling move. There are things you can do in the digital world that you just can’t do in the physical. 

It’s going to open up a bunch of production options that just aren’t their today. They could setup 8 bays at once and play Chapman… all teams could tee off on the same hole at once. Imagine 8 shot tracers at once. Instant feedback on who hit the best drive. Lots of s!!t talking immediately after. Same for the approach. I think it has a ton of upside. Assuming each team has a bay you could play a whole round condensed into 2 hours. 

easily enforced shot clocks to keep things moving… it will be cool

Edited by Fairways_and_Greens

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

On 8/24/2022 at 3:24 PM, bscinstnct said:

People pay to see all kinds stuff and watch on TV

Like that Mutant Ninja Warrior

Is packed

Leap Of Faith Nbc GIF by Ninja Warrior

You get Tiger and Rory and it’ll get action.

They just need to figure out how to work in hitting balls a stuff and the things explode 💥🤣

Is this a video of Marjorie Taylor Greene's workout routine?

Golf, but louder... or uh I mean remixed, yea yea that's it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

On 8/25/2022 at 8:34 AM, MtlJeff said:

As someone who plays a lot of virtual golf, i would watch pros play it. Like i mentioned i actually think this is a decent idea. I don't even mind if they are hitting into a screen.

It just can't be regular golf, except into a screen. Like i don't want to watch guys re-grip their club 15 times and talk to a caddy.

But Rory and Justin Thomas having some dialog, maybe some light trash talking. Perhaps an occasional beer , some different kinds of formats etc...They can't treat this like regular golf IMO, it has to be a bit on the nose about what it is.

I would totally tune in at first and see.

That sounds about as exciting as my 12 year old self going to my best friend's house to watch him play Legend of Zelda. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

My kids will watch YouTube videos of other kids playing video games. If they are going youth this is 100% a compelling move. There are things you can do in the digital world that you just can’t do in the physical. 

It’s going to open up a bunch of production options that just aren’t their today. They could setup 8 bays at once and play Chapman… all teams could tee off on the same hole at once. Imagine 8 shot tracers at once. Instant feedback on who hit the best drive. Lots of s!!t talking immediately after. Same for the approach. I think it has a ton of upside. Assuming each team has a bay you could play a whole round condensed into 2 hours. 

easily enforced shot clocks to keep things moving… it will be cool

Like a shotgun start? 

15 minutes ago, hackeraz said:

That sounds about as exciting as my 12 year old self going to my best friend's house to watch him play Legend of Zelda. 

That game was awesome, i used to watch my bro play it LOL

Have you watched the Rocket Mortgage or the John Deere? This seems better than that!

I found a recent ad for the RBC Canadian Open on Youtube! There's so many Cams and Scottie's on tour now i think one of them is actually named Scottie2

Edited by MtlJeff
  • Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

13 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

That game was awesome, i used to watch my bro play it LOL

Have you watched the Rocket Mortgage or the John Deere? This seems better than that!

I found a recent ad for the RBC Canadian Open on Youtube! There's so many Cams and Scottie's on tour now i think one of them is actually named Scottie2

Watched a bit of both then fell asleep. 

I wonder if these Monday night events will be live.  They mentioned that they are going to air Monday nights prior to PGA Tour events.  Given this takes place in a specialized stadium, I imagine travel could be an issue unless they can set up the "stadium" in multiple venues.  

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

9 hours ago, wedgegame said:

I wonder if these Monday night events will be live.  They mentioned that they are going to air Monday nights prior to PGA Tour events.  Given this takes place in a specialized stadium, I imagine travel could be an issue unless they can set up the "stadium" in multiple venues.  

I also wonder if they will be live or if all the matches will be recorded over a one week period in late 2023 and played out over 15 weeks in January-March 2024. Some of those Monday nights will be right after big tournaments like Genesis and API.