Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

2 hours ago, Pleasedwith3putts said:

Testing ongoing for me. Standard Paradym still looks like it wants to go left and whilst forgiveness is great, nothing special in spin or ballspeed.

TD is still the enigma. Has so much potential, it will take a lot of fettling to get right as spin is at the lower end of the desired scale. Still reminds me of the TP 510 or Bridgestone J33, just a super solid head.

I think I’m going to go 10.5 head but with the strong cog to loft down if needed (doubt it from reviews) and I have my weight pack from the Mavrik to put in all kinds of different weights both up front and back to test out.  I think this head could be a serious contender for the entire year, if I can find the right weight combo. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

I was at the PGA SS today with a friend getting sort of fitting for irons. They had the Driver heads, etc but I refused to be tempted to actually hit it. I didn't want to be sad when I hit 200 yd drives with the TD when I have one on the way.....let the illusion of potential greatness last another couple of weeks and I have had a very bad case of the "can't hit anything in a launch bay" excuse for years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

But I did think the TD and the TD FW's looked great so I took that as the positive of the trip. 

Edited by Jim53

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

2 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I think I’m going to go 10.5 head but with the strong cog to loft down if needed (doubt it from reviews) and I have my weight pack from the Mavrik to put in all kinds of different weights both up front and back to test out.  I think this head could be a serious contender for the entire year, if I can find the right weight combo. 

I’ll order a 9* and if we both make a mistake we can trade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim53 said:

But I did think the TD and the TD FW's looked great so I took that as the positive of the trip. 

I’ve got a triple Diamond 3 wood that will be here tomorrow.  I need the weather to hold out but it doesn’t look like it will until Monday when the storms leave.  I can’t wait to hit that bad boy. 

• Like 2

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Did you order it directly from Callaway? 

Through my club

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

34 minutes ago, jjthomp2 said:

Mine came in today! Pumped for some on course testing once we have warmth again after the permafrost 

2FF4C495-AB21-4208-B8C9-540FE0B369A1.jpeg

C47037E6-BF2D-4E66-B226-B1672E3484D3.jpeg

95FA5A06-139A-45C2-AD1B-2890CDBC2FA8.jpeg

B3B898E8-CD05-4EEB-B2E2-28EC8FE37FD3.jpeg

You got an 8* and lofted up 2*? 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

13 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

I was fit for it. We had callaway come out to our club and that’s what it came out to from a numbers standpoint. Lofted up 2 degrees, moved the heavier weight to the back and put the flat cog in.

it’s what works for me

• Like 4

Scotty Cameron X5

23 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Yep, closed the club face ever so slightly at address for me by doing that. I don’t like an really open faced driver when I set the club down

Scotty Cameron X5

14 hours ago, Jim53 said:

I was at the PGA SS today with a friend getting sort of fitting for irons. They had the Driver heads, etc but I refused to be tempted to actually hit it. I didn't want to be sad when I hit 200 yd drives with the TD when I have one on the way.....let the illusion of potential greatness last another couple of weeks and I have had a very bad case of the "can't hit anything in a launch bay" excuse for years.

Hello, me. 

OK, I fully retract my previous complaints about the Paradym lineup’s looks. I hit several of the products today and they’re really, really good — and look awesome.

The standout product to me is the Triple Diamond 3W. I was so, so impressed. It looks great, shaped well, feels great (it’s a high-pitched but muted ting sound, not as deep as the TSR woods), and goes high and far. I was finding it even easier to hit (and less prone to hook for sure) than my TSR2 3W. I’m very likely going to buy one.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:26 PM, jjthomp2 said:

I was fit for it. We had callaway come out to our club and that’s what it came out to from a numbers standpoint. Lofted up 2 degrees, moved the heavier weight to the back and put the flat cog in.

it’s what works for me

Nice!

Think that's a very, very smart call. Straighten out the flight that would otherwise been fade-city all day long...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

17 hours ago, eric61 said:

OK, I fully retract my previous complaints about the Paradym lineup’s looks. I hit several of the products today and they’re really, really good — and look awesome.

The standout product to me is the Triple Diamond 3W. I was so, so impressed. It looks great, shaped well, feels great (it’s a high-pitched but muted ting sound, not as deep as the TSR woods), and goes high and far. I was finding it even easier to hit (and less prone to hook for sure) than my TSR2 3W. I’m very likely going to buy one.

Callaway R&D every time someone says "finally hit these and I love them after not liking them without seeing them":

5kj3c6.jpg

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk

On 2/1/2023 at 6:48 PM, ob1soccer said:

anyone have an opinion of comparing the Paradym, the Paradym X, to the triple diamond in regards to spin only.

Anyone have numbers that compare and show the amount of spin differences between each model?

So basically if you spin the Paradym X at 3000, ( which we all agree is too high), how much will the others spin compared to that on average? thanks

During my demo and fitting. I had the following spins 

PD 2675

TD 2330

Our head pro is a lower spin player and he was getting 1900 to 2100 on the TD

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

So just came back from testing the Paradym range at GG.

I’m really low spin as it is, so knew the TD was going to be interesting. Not quite sure I was prepared for this 😂 (Denver, CO so bear in mind 5280 altitude)

B1AC6682-65A7-407C-AF4B-A216C2210C18.jpeg.86a3c1a816c797100db24fd438327072.jpeg

and that spin was in the 10.5 head. Just silly stuff. Kai’li 60x.

Moved the bigger weight back and then the most spin I got was 2100. All in all a great looking sounding and feeling head but just way too low spin for me. The X head I couldn’t get under 2600. So just an odd fitting. Stealth2+ on the way and think that beats it on playability (2100-2300 spin). But this is definitely contender for longest driver I’ve ever hit

3 wood standard was incredible too. They only had S shafts which sucks but was getting 290 carry and 3300 spin.

the TD fairway is a joke. 5 wood head l, 80s and was only getting 2900 spin. 3 wood head was spinning at 2000 and carrying 310

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 - Ventus TR Blue 6x
3 Wood - Stealth 2+ - Ventus TR Red 7x
5 wood - Paradym TD - Kai'li 80x
hyrid - 22* Ping G425 - Ventus Blue 10x
4i - PW - PX 0317 ST - KBS 130x
50-54-58 - Edel SMS Pro Wedges - S400 TI
LAB Mezz Armlock - LAGP

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

During my demo and fitting. I had the following spins 

PD 2675

TD 2330

Our head pro is a lower spin player and he was getting 1900 to 2100 on the TD

awesome info, thanks for posting. Exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 1

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

I’m so upset right now.  Even changed my sig I was so excited.  Had a TD 3 wood tour issued head that was supposed to arrive yesterday.  Went to the mailbox, got the key for the larger locker, opened it up and there was my box with the head in it.  Picked it up and immediately knew something was off.  Told my wife to video me opening the box so I had proof.  Open it up and as I expected, nothing in it.  Called the person I bought it from and sent them the video and they immediately told me they would either refund me but asked to wait until Monday so they could try and get me another one.

They didn’t insure it beyond the normal $100 and a lesson learned for them but I’m so disappointed.  Whoever at the distribution center in Orlando FL (where it stayed an extra day) took it and then even taped the box back up.  Crazy. Never had anything like that before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 2/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, jjthomp2 said:

Mine came in today! Pumped for some on course testing once we have warmth again after the permafrost 

2FF4C495-AB21-4208-B8C9-540FE0B369A1.jpeg

C47037E6-BF2D-4E66-B226-B1672E3484D3.jpeg

95FA5A06-139A-45C2-AD1B-2890CDBC2FA8.jpeg

B3B898E8-CD05-4EEB-B2E2-28EC8FE37FD3.jpeg

Fresh!!  Curious about the get 4 Hzrdus Black.  That new ((rainbow)) paint job they just came out with caught my attention

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

39 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

I’m so upset right now.  Even changed my sig I was so excited.  Had a TD 3 wood tour issued head that was supposed to arrive yesterday.  Went to the mailbox, got the key for the larger locker, opened it up and there was my box with the head in it.  Picked it up and immediately knew something was off.  Told my wife to video me opening the box so I had proof.  Open it up and as I expected, nothing in it.  Called the person I bought it from and sent them the video and they immediately told me they would either refund me but asked to wait until Monday so they could try and get me another one.

They didn’t insure it beyond the normal $100 and a lesson learned for them but I’m so disappointed.  Whoever at the distribution center in Orlando FL (where it stayed an extra day) took it and then even taped the box back up.  Crazy. Never had anything like that before. 

So sorry to hear that man.  wtf!!  That moment is so sweet when you know that box is there...  Its egregious.  Hope you get it resolved and that you lose nothing but time.

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

14 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

So sorry to hear that man.  wtf!!  That moment is so sweet when you know that box is there...  Its egregious.  Hope you get it resolved and that you lose nothing but time.

Yeah I’m not worried as I know I’ll get my money back if anything but I’m upset with the possibility of not finding another tour issued head and then as you said the time.  If I have to wait to get a retail head , I could be out 3-4 weeks, which sucks! 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

17 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Put the sig back.  

Still kinda crazy.  I’ve heard of stuff getting stolen but I’ve always heard of them basically taking the entire box.  Not taking what’s inside and then taping it back up.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 minute ago, My2Dogs said:

Put the sig back.  

Still kinda crazy.  I’ve heard of stuff getting stolen but I’ve always heard of them basically taking the entire box.  Not taking what’s inside and then taping it back up.  

The nerve!!  I could imagine the moment you picked it up and it was light.  F****** 

Hope that source pulls through, have heard nothing but great things about the PTD fairway woods

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

On 1/31/2023 at 9:44 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

I would jump on the deal, and get the shaft for your boy.  I had a Rogue St TD and now Paradym TD, I do believe the Paradym is longer and feels/sounds better...but not by much.  Small small margins.  To me the main squeeze is, I see the P TD as more fade biased and sits more open than Rogue.  Some people are sensitive to those things.  But, the Rogue TD is such good driver.  Seems like a win win for you and your son.  IF you change your mind, you can always BST it!

Edited Tuesday at 09:47 PM by Avidswampthing66

I took your advice and jumped on it.  I talked with the head fitter at this place (Sheels) and he said he could only recall 1 person ever hitting it and it was ruled out in a couple hits.  It is essentially brand new, but no head cover.  Not a huge deal to not have it.  From the stock setup, I hit it equally well distance-wise as the TSr4, which is a good compliment.  I had quite a number of shots that went slightly right (left for a rightie) and none to the left (right for a rightie) but were long and had great ball flight.  I added the usual 1" extender in it and stuck a jumbomax tour large on it and it became absolute money. 

I would think that kind of like the G400 and ping having their hands full making something materially better (IMO), Callaway probably has their hands full in trying to materially beat it.  It feels good and the speed is definitely there.  I love the flat lie angle.  It is 1.5degrees flatter than the TSr4. 

Saw the paradym there.  A really pretty club.  The head fitter like you said that it is better, but we are talking very small margins and it would be stupid to pass up the ST.  Interestingly he said that fittings with the paradym have gone well for slower swing speeds than 90 and speeds greater than 105.  He said that they have had trouble with the 90-105 range.  I thought that was an interesting comment.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

The nerve!!  I could imagine the moment you picked it up and it was light.  F****** 

Hope that source pulls through, have heard nothing but great things about the PTD fairway woods

Thanks,  I’ve got my fingers crossed.  It was perfect.  14.6 loft, just slightly open as well.  Perfect to hit some bombs! 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

11 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

seriously nothing better then a new box with golf stuff in it, that would ruin my day. Hope it works out

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

12 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Damn. Hope it wasn’t one of those tour issue $1000 heads from eBay. Knock on wood but I’ve never had an issue with package stealing in Orlando with any carrier so far.

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk