2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Odyssey Ai-ONE: the real deal..?

Mikee_j

On 11/13/2023 at 11:19 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

I've been gaming the Ai ONE double wide for 4 days now. I'm not a robot but I can vouch for that technology. It definitely seems to know the distance to the hole, no hot spots or soft spots on the insert like my last three putters.  And that's with the cellophane wrapper still on, just in case I have to return it for a full refund.

What putter did you game before this?  I tried one in the store today and really liked it.  Seems to have a toe hang similar to my StrokeLab Black 7s.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
5W: Ping G430
3H & 4H: Ping G410
5H:  Ping G
6 - GW: Ping G25

54*: Ping Glide 4.0
58*: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Bounce
Putter: Odyssey Tri Hot Double Wide CH Putter

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

Ball:  Titleist ProV1, Maxfli Tour, Taylormade TP5, PXG

11 hours ago, DE-ILLINI said:

What putter did you game before this?  I tried one in the store today and really liked it.  Seems to have a toe hang similar to my StrokeLab Black 7s.

I used the Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank putter.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

I am looking at the Ai One Milled Three T, tried one yesterday and feels fantastic. I have a question about the counter balance weight. Do we think this weight is in the shaft or the grip? Website says: 

"A lightweight steel shaft with 20-30 grams (depending on the grip) of counterbalance weight in the butt end. This is an evolution of our Stroke Lab Weighting that will appeal to even more golfers."

I am not a fan of the odyssey grip and would most likely replace it. Would like to benefit from the counterbalance though.

Titleist TSR3 9degree, Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
Titleist TSR2 15degree 3 Wood, Fujikura Pro2 73S
Titleist TSR2 18.5 5 Wood, Mitsibushi C6 Stiff.  
Titleist T200 3 iron KBS Tour V Stiff

Titleist T100 4-PW Oban CT115 R+
Callaway Jaws Raw 52 & 58
Odyssey Versa Three T

18 minutes ago, charlieh said:

I am looking at the Ai One Milled Three T, tried one yesterday and feels fantastic. I have a question about the counter balance weight. Do we think this weight is in the shaft or the grip? Website says: 

"A lightweight steel shaft with 20-30 grams (depending on the grip) of counterbalance weight in the butt end. This is an evolution of our Stroke Lab Weighting that will appeal to even more golfers."

I am not a fan of the odyssey grip and would most likely replace it. Would like to benefit from the counterbalance though.

It's in the end of the shaft. I've removed the stock grip on one of these. It's not different than changing grips on any other putter. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

16 hours ago, charlieh said:

If you choose a different grip other than the stock option, it might weigh more/less than the stock one, then they will adjust the cb weight accordingly. 

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

I love my Versa 3T soooooo much and I don't need another putter, but I don't see how I can really NOT buy one of these......

Callaway Paradym 10.5* HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 3HL Paradym X HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 7w Paradym HZRDUS Silver 5.5

Tour Edge C522 4 and 6 hybrids Fubuki HL 55R

Callaway 6-52* irons Paradym HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Catalyst Wedge

Odyssey 11 Triple Track SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 

2 minutes ago, goalie said:

I love my Versa 3T soooooo much and I don't need another putter, but I don't see how I can really NOT buy one of these......

Go for it.  It's just money.  My Ai ONE doublewide will be on the course in under an hour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Go for it.  It's just money.  My Ai ONE doublewide will be on the course in under an hour.

You are obviously not married to a CPA.  I am.  hehe

• Haha 1

I like the "stock market" angle.  Her little accounting brain may be susceptible to that line of reasoning.  😜

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 1:19 PM, J_Tizzle said:

I want to add, the Bobby Grace (HSM) is easily the greatest insert ever created by a golf club manufacturer.  He could sell that patent and make a literal fortune because its unbeaten by any other insert.  However, that would keep people from buying every new Odyssey or TM putter with a new insert in it.

I miss that putter, and tried to find one over the past couple of years.  

An update on my Odyssey Ai ONE Double Wide putter.  Most of you will recall I bought it just days after its release back in early November.  Don't laugh, but I finally took the cellophane wrapper off it last week.  Callaway will give you a full refund in 30 days, a credit back to your credit card if it looks unused.  Otherwise you get a gift card and still have to spend the money with them.

With the wrapper on it putted great.  Now, with the wrapper off this thing is fantastic.  In the last two rounds I've holed a 45 footer and a 35 footer just today.  Other long distance putts are cozying up to the hole.  3 putts are virtually a thing of the past.

My nemesis over the last few years has been 3 putts from outside of 30 feet.  This thing is like a heat-seeking missile.  It's been a benefit X2.  As it has resulted in putts closer to the hole I've also gained more confidence to put a better stroke on the ball.  Win, win.

As I've mentioned before, I hit a lot of greens in regulation.  But with that comes some putts in the 35-45 foot range.  Those are now almost always 2-putts.

This is some of the best money I've ever spent for a golf club.  I'm averaging 2-4 strokes better per round.

• Like 1

Got my first round in with the Ai-One Seven S and I was pretty happy with it.  Can't complain about getting a round in December!  Had some very rusty swing issues off the tee, so I unfortunately had to rely on the putter mot of the day.

Was very impressed, especially with distance control and overall forgiveness.  Using my prior 10 rounds as a good example of how I've been putting so far showing a 10 round average of 32.1 with no putting days under 31 per round.  This last round I saw 30 putts, which helped me keep it under 80 (79) on a very windy/rusty swing day.  Also, I distinctly remember lipping out 3 putts, so it could have been a much better day.  Overall was 0.7 SG putting compared to my average of -.5 since using Arccos. 

Felt that the putter was easy to line up with great feel and certainly wasn't as soft feeling as the Versa White Hot that I had been using earlier in the season.  I'm also glad that I went with the AI-One oversize grip instead of the standard pistol.  I just wish that the oversize wasn't rounded off, but was more like a Super Stroke Pistol GTR.  Personal preference, but I'll keep it on for now.  Also thrilled that I didn't go the milled route as the White Hot felt very good.

Next round won't be until week of Christmas, so at least I've got some more time to go to the range.

image.png.3b8da564da17bd17b51fe9660a7b7fab.png

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Picked up a lightly used Ai One Seven CH White Hot version from Carls this weekend from the used bin. 

Milled version is a darker blue and the copper insert against the blue finish does look awesome.  Milled Seven head is also smaller when I compared the two in the store.

I had the milled Seven previously but sold it as I just don’t care for the feel of milled faces after 20+ years of playing primarily an Odyssey putter with a White Hot insert.

The Ai-One does not look as premium as the milled (to be expected) but it does feel and sound much better to me as a person who prefers the White Hot insert.

Seems to feel softer than my V-Line White Hot Pro.  

I’m just putting in the basement for the next several months but seems to roll the ball nicely, looks good, feels and sounds great.  

Nothing groundbreaking that I could tell but again in the basement it’s more about seeing how a putter sounds, feels and the roll it puts on a ball. 

I did replace the grip with a Superstroke Zenergy 2.0 Tour grip and plan to keep it around until the spring when I can get it out on the course. 

Short story, more of what I wanted as compared to the milled version. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

@CactusGolf... Thinking Odyssey needs to pay us some commissions... or sponsor us... or something...

I'd be thrilled with that for sure!  The one thing that I noticed was that for mid-length putts, I was gaining strokes and it sure felt like it.  Surprised to see gaining strokes on very long putts too.  I burned quite a few edges and felt like I was putting significantly better than the last few rounds.  

Hopefully not a fluke and a "first round anomaly".

image.png.714d6d59b0aa12a5092dafd2393b901d.pngimage.png.3fc2f166264be1372aabb1b3041b0e85.png

Edited by CactusGolf

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I ordered the double wide and received it yesterday.  I've never had an odyssey white insert putter so I have no experience.  I practiced with it for a bit and it seems like the ball just jumps off the face.    I had a hard time with distance control in the brief amount of time I used it.  For reference the putter I've been using is a spider gtx with the pure roll insert.   Obviously the AI version is different, but is this normal for the odyssey insert? 

26 minutes ago, pgheaja said:

I ordered the double wide and received it yesterday.  I've never had an odyssey white insert putter so I have no experience.  I practiced with it for a bit and it seems like the ball just jumps off the face.    I had a hard time with distance control in the brief amount of time I used it.  For reference the putter I've been using is a spider gtx with the pure roll insert.   Obviously the AI version is different, but is this normal for the odyssey insert? 

I came from the same GTx putter and previous experience with Versa White Hot.  I'd say that it rolls off the face a little hotter than previous White Hot versions.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

On 12/12/2023 at 8:51 AM, pgheaja said:

I think this white hot insert barely feels like the normal white hot insert. It’s quite a bit firmer. Myself and a few of my co-workers have all noticed that this line is really hot off the face. I’d like to think that it’s intentional and part of the design in not having any dead spots on the face but it can certainly be an adjustment at first. 

• Like 1

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

1 hour ago, Nofehr00 said:

Anyone know what replacement weights go in the ai 1? Do the old OG white hot weights fit? I would want some heavier weights to get it to 370 or 380 grams. The weights don’t appear to be marked. 

I read somewhere that the weights are specific to this putter only and that they would be available beginning this month. Perhaps the weights are marked on the underside. I suggest you call Odyssey and inquire. Good luck.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:16 AM, charlieh said:

20g in the 35” Ai-One White Hot #7CH that I picked up.

IMG_4145.jpeg.5801a2750ccc04f81c5a836dad7323de.jpegIMG_4146.jpeg.5189a25b6dfba984239aac17803fb740.jpeg

Edited by Radeon962