What Are You "OCD" About?

Comments

• PorkerPorker Posts: 275 ✭✭
    edited Nov 13, 2018 #512
    dicko999 wrote:

Getting frisky with yourself before a round is a recipe for bad scores. With another person, fine. Yourself, not so much.

Whaaaaat! No chokin da chicken, beat the meat, spank da monkey, slap salami, tooting ya skin flute or chucking custard before a round!! Hehe...
  • You should be OCD about your routine prior to hitting a shot. Read the Bob Rotella books and he will explain how important a routine is.
  • allen8862allen8862 Members Posts: 32
    Sean2 wrote:

GolfNuts4 wrote:
    I have to immediately take any stickers off my shafts after purchasing and rub down with Goo Gone. Drives me nuts and many of my buddies leave their stickers and price stickers on the club forever, doesn't bother them at all.

I do the same thing, and feel the same way.

Agreed, I also do the same thing.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,151 ✭✭
    allen8862 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

GolfNuts4 wrote:
    I have to immediately take any stickers off my shafts after purchasing and rub down with Goo Gone. Drives me nuts and many of my buddies leave their stickers and price stickers on the club forever, doesn't bother them at all.

I do the same thing, and feel the same way.

Agreed, I also do the same thing.
    Most of the clubs I get the stickers are already worn off
    Decades ago image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> And bar codes did not exist when most of my clubs were made. Now I will concur that they may be Goodwill or yard sale stickers though
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    Covering my blade irons. Can't stand bag chatter. Mizuno went to all that work to make them look perfect...why let them get banged up?
  • silver504silver504 Posts: 92 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

Covering my blade irons. Can't stand bag chatter. Mizuno went to all that work to make them look perfect...why let them get banged up?

Same here. Except I use GI irons. Mizuno JPX 900 HM to be exact. I have headcovers for all my clubs. Can't stand bag chatter and I try to keep my clubs in good condition just in case I want to resell, which is quite often.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,151 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

Which I can respect that you know--- But for me bag chatter adds character
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • scagnettiscagnetti Haq Attaq Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
    I just thought of one reading another post on here: People who call pitch marks on a green divots.

Divot is when a club swings and DIGS and removes earthen soil.

A Pitch mark shows the point at which the ball PITCHED onto the green, often resulting in a depression on the surface.

Also, a pitch mark is not a ball mark/er...

think of it like this, and I hope the supers and maintenance staff make this clear on the scorecards: replace or refill all divots, repair all pitch marks....

thanks, Ill see myself out.
    Winter Bag

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5LS Stand Bag
    PING Anser 9* GD Tour AD Di-6-X
    PING Rapture (2014) 13* 3W Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70-X
    Wilson/Staff D-100 17* 2H Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S
    Callaway Apex UT 21* & 24* UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
    Adams Idea Black CB2 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/08  DG S400
    Odyssey TD Black 9
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #520
    I don't know if this qualifies, but I hit 30 10 foot putts every evening, religiously. Been doing it for at least 5 years, since I got my Big Moss indoor green.

It kills me when I'm away from home, lol....Weird I guess.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
    Selling an old set of clubs before buying new....I don't want the distraction of "old girlfriends" around with my new love.
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,445 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #522
    If decide to test a previously owned club on course, it must be regripped with a new matching grip to others currently in use for that club type.
    Taylormade R510tp TI 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Cleveland launcher DF tour 17* Fuji Rombax 8x07
    TEE CNC forged limited 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Bettinardi 2013 BB1f
  • dropkickeddropkicked Members Posts: 472 ✭✭
    Regardless of cost, I have to sell old gear after purchasing new equipment.. It helps to justify the purchase.. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 2,966 ✭✭
    EVERYTHING.....

Seriously!

- Josh
    Other people's OCD....drives me crazy!
    dropkicked wrote:

Regardless of cost, I have to sell old gear after purchasing new equipment.. It helps to justify the purchase.. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

Yes...you don't want "old girlfriends" hanging around.
  • 11forgedblades11forgedblades Members Posts: 555 ✭✭
    edited Nov 20, 2018 #527
    All grips have to match. Not just brand/stlye, but they all have to be the exact same size after installing them on my clubs. It's kind of a pain when my wedges are .580 butt, .600 irons and .640 driver. Creativity with different undersized grips and tape gets them exactly where I want them. Also they are all ribbed 10* open.
    COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
    TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
    COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
    TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
    BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,156 ✭✭
    You should be OCD about your routine prior to hitting a shot. Read the Bob Rotella books and he will explain how important a routine is.

Wonder what his best round is.
  • deboer69deboer69 Members Posts: 24 ClubWRX
    Not only am I OCD about keeping my cubs clean but if my playing partners clubs are dirty, I have to clean them. I cannot stand looking at dirty golf clubs no matter if they are mine or not.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Flex 440 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 2 Tour 3 Wood[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 2 Tour 4 Hybrid [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW - DG S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade EF Wedges 52, 56, 60[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bettenardi Studio Stock 8[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Tour Platinum[/font]
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,511 ✭✭
    Among many other things, having my clubs in the proper place in my bag. When I play in USGA tourneys and take a buddy to caddy for me this can really become an issue, and yes, it has affected my play. I’ve actually found it easier to have my wife caddy for me (she just drives a cart) because she already knows I’m a nut so even if she were to put a club in the wrong spot, which she tries very hard not to do, she won’t be bothered if I then correct her mistake.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4, MMC 5-PW N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 130 S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 125 S
    Odyssey Milled Collection RSX V-Line Fang
    TaylorMade TP5X
    I'm OCD about old farts putting "Love Train" on when the cart girl nears. So annoying.
  • 4thand114thand11 Members Posts: 858
    I have a weird ocd thing about the golf balls I use... I hate using balls with the #1 for some strange reason. Probably shanked one years back, and now I blame the number. I always use 2, 3, or 5 if I can.
  • landolakeslandolakes Members Posts: 523 ✭✭
    I like to have a divot tool, my ball mark and no more than 2 tees in my pocket.
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭
    Not concerning equipment, I know I have OCD's in this area, but my OCD on the course is when the course is pretty busy, a few short waits, and there's 4 singles in gas-powered wheelchairs behind me, some standing next to their ball wanting to play through, when there's nowhere to go. I end up hurrying my shots with a result of lengthening my wait time. I know it's my course managements fault, they should pair these singles up, but it never occurs. We play in less the 3 1/2 hours, not a slow play problem.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
  • golfstripegolfstripe Members Posts: 27
    Clean, tacky, grips.
    Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
  • White side of the ball up while putting. No logos or writing showing

Clean clubs when I hit. Using "lucky" ball markers.
  • LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members Posts: 650 ✭✭

You should be OCD about your routine prior to hitting a shot. Read the Bob Rotella books and he will explain how important a routine is.

I’m not OCD about anything anywhere. I’m the least ocd person I know.

That said, I try to be ocd about routine because I’ve read this in a few books etc. So, I’ve spent the better part of the last two years finding a routine that I like. And guess what...it hasn’t done a **** thing for my scores.

What I’ve come to believe is that it is routine coupled with getting yourself ready for the shot. In other words, just obsessively following a routine for routine’s sake is basically useless. But if that routine is designed to get you ready to pull the trigger and commit to a shot, then it becomes useful. But that, by definition, will mean that the routine has to vary a little (and will drive the ocd types crazy).
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1
  • CaddiesFaultCaddiesFault Golf Professional Members Posts: 786 ✭✭
    pace of play
    Callaway
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Members Posts: 6,829 ✭✭
    Show up on time!!!!!!!!!
    Taylormade M1 9.5 661 Tour Spec Stiff
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood 15 Kuro Kage Stiff
    Taylormade RBZ 18 Altus Stiff
    Adams Peanut 24* Altus Stiff
    Taylormade PSI Tour DGS300 Stiff 5-PW
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52 56 60
    Taylormade SI Spider 72 38
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    edited Dec 11, 2018 #540
    Ferguson wrote:
    You guys got problems.
    It should be "you guys HAVE problems".......but I'm not OCD. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • SwampratSwamprat Members Posts: 26
    I'm Obsessive Compulsive abut my golf bag to the point of being " Anal Retentive".