Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

Comments

• ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bombdrop wrote:

Not available in Left Hand. **** off Mizuno.

where did you read that dont see it anywhere? Link?
  • JNY88JNY88 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    bombdrop wrote:

So disappointing if this is true
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / CincinnatiMembers Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    Less offset than the JPX 919 Forged per Mizuno. Looks like I’ll be switching to the Hot Metal Pros.
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX Posts: 3,613 ClubWRX
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • LemondeLemonde Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Stock Orange X
    On Order - TM Original One Mini 13.5 Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 25, 2019 2:03am #187
    Lemonde wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.

Why? 919F are great.

People need to quit looking at specs so minutely and see what is playable for their game and conditions.

So much nitpicking will lead to brain freeze and indecision, which leads to sleepless nights and looking at forums for too long looking for answers that don't exist.

Hit them and decide.

919F is more playable, distance is excellent for this forging - picked up 10 yds of carry over PXG, very forgiving but they're not on steroids like the HM in terms of distance. HM are not forged, and the feel is not as likeable as 919F - it's chromalloy or something. Depends on what you want in an iron.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • littletimbo182littletimbo182 Members Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭
    These combo’d with the tours sounds like a winner!
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

These combo'd with the tours sounds like a winner!

Depends on what you want - for most people, the HM Pros and 919F are the better combo for forgiveness, distance and consistency.

Choose the irons that you can handle on a bad day, not on your best day.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,561 ClubWRX

These combo'd with the tours sounds like a winner!

I was looking for a 5i to go with my 919T 6-P, waited for HM Pro to test, 919F won hands down on looks and feel.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SwingMan wrote:

Choose the irons that you can handle on a bad day, not on your best day.

Best club selection comment ever.

It is, however, entertaining watching double-digit index players opine about their blades and muscle-back irons. The 919F rocks, and with a single-digit index, I was another one thrilled to put these in the bag. Loved the 900F, but the new model is that much more awesome - and forgiving.
    nflam-button.png
  • Jag80Jag80 Lefty Boomers Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    d9c507ec7e8771f346ea12a1e014d75a.jpg

Is this not the left handed verison of the Pro? Can't make out printing on the head.
    Jag80 wrote:

Is this not the left handed verison of the Pro? Can't make out printing on the head.

No the hot metal pros haven’t been released yet.
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    SwingMan wrote:

Lemonde wrote:

Why? 919F are great.

People need to quit looking at specs so minutely and see what is playable for their game and conditions.

So much nitpicking will lead to brain freeze and indecision, which leads to sleepless nights and looking at forums for too long looking for answers that don't exist.

Hit them and decide.

919F is more playable, distance is excellent for this forging - picked up 10 yds of carry over PXG, very forgiving but they're not on steroids like the HM in terms of distance. HM are not forged, and the feel is not as likeable as 919F - it's chromalloy or something. Depends on what you want in an iron.

Fair enough. I’m just a little perplexed that the 919 hm pros would have less offset than the 919f’s, that’s the specific part of this late release I would not be happy with.

Btw I have to say missy is cranking out amazing stuff these days, it’s the one company where I could consider a full bag
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Members Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 27, 2019 8:11am #195
    Lemonde wrote:

SwingMan wrote:

Lemonde wrote:

Why? 919F are great.

Hit them and decide.

Fair enough. I’m just a little perplexed that the 919 hm pros would have less offset than the 919f’s, that’s the specific part of this late release I would not be happy with.

Btw I have to say missy is cranking out amazing stuff these days, it’s the one company where I could consider a full bag
    Had an informal driver fitting with one of the engineers at PGA Demo day. You will not be disappointed with the 190 driver.
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.paulbertholy.com

www.dougferreri.com
  • SFargoSFargo Members Posts: 7
    Jag80 wrote:

These are the Hot Metal’s, not the Pro’s.
  • mtex22mtex22 San Diego, CAClubWRX Posts: 2,210 BST Banned
    DTown3011 wrote:

Wow Vosh said less offset then the 919 Forged!! This could be the one! Anyone know the blade length in comparison to the 919F? Also anyone know what the stock shaft will be?
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW-U 4 - Nippon 950 HT
    HONMA TW747V 5-PW - Modus 105
    TAYLORMADE Milled Grind Black 50/54/58 - Modus 115 Wedge Black
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy MassMembers Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Will demo asap
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemonde wrote:

The difference is that when the other 919s were announced, that the HM Pro was coming was a not so well kept secret. Fitting carts had open slots with those clubs listed, so that information was out there for anyone that did a little digging.
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

Wow Vosh said less offset then the 919 Forged!! This could be the one! Anyone know the blade length in comparison to the 919F? Also anyone know what the stock shaft will be?

The difference is probably non-discernible with your eyeballs - I'm guessing it a few thousandths of an inch. When I saw the HM Pro compared to a matching 919F, from the top it was tough to tell them apart. Granted, that was just a 4-iron, but I think the heads throughout the set will be close to each other in size.
    nflam-button.png
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer22 wrote:

mtex22 wrote:

The difference is probably non-discernible with your eyeballs - I'm guessing it a few thousandths of an inch. When I saw the HM Pro compared to a matching 919F, from the top it was tough to tell them apart. Granted, that was just a 4-iron, but I think the heads throughout the set will be close to each other in size.

Like offset matters. If you are anti-offiset show me your on-set clubs that you play. OK no one.
  • SFargoSFargo Members Posts: 7
    This answers all of the questions.

Can’t wait. I’m playing the 900 Hot Metal now.
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bombdrop wrote:

Perfect, who wants to play with a lefty with the same access to good clubs? They don't honor their bets or jug viiolations. They complain about cart services and generally don't shower enough.I'm surprised any OEM makes clubs for them. It just isn't good for business.
  • mileslongmileslong Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited Jan 29, 2019 12:07pm #204
    I currently play Ping Ei1s, and planning to upgrade soon to i210s but these have peaked my interest. Does anyone have experience with both that could compare? I'm assuming these will play longer, but how do they feel and how do they compare forgiveness wise to the i210s?

Thanks
    Ping G400 10 LST Kuro Kage DC 60TX
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Evenflow 6.0
    Ping G410 3h Evenflow 6.0
    Ping i500s 4-U PX LZ 6.0
    Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 and 58 PX Lz 6.0
    Ping Fetch
    Snell Red soon to be X
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mileslong wrote:
    I currently play Ping Ei1s, and planning to upgrade soon to i210s but these have peaked my interest. Does anyone have experience with both that could compare? I'm assuming these will play longer, but how do they feel and how do they compare forgiveness wise to the i210s?

Thanks

+1 would like to know as well as an i210 user
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • OxfordGolferOxfordGolfer Members Posts: 5 ClubWRX
    Also would like to hear some comparisons to the i210. I'm getting fit in the next couple weeks (just waiting for the fitter to get the demo heads in whenever that may be), and the top 3 going into the fitting are the i210, 919f, and 919HMP.
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 31, 2019 12:49pm #207
    Anyone happen to learn the price of these? Wasn't able to find it in the usual places that I'd check. Same as regular HM, same as the forged, or somewhere in between?
  • DaveMacDaveMac Members Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • JNY88JNY88 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    This might be a very dumb question so I apologize beforehand, but I’m pretty bummed these won’t be available in LH (I’ve been waiting months to go for a fitting because I was waiting on these) so why couldn’t a company like Mizuno just not make any model in LH as a custom order?

I’m sure they have strong enough relationships with their mfg partners so this wouldn’t need to be more expensive for them. Even if we had to wait longer to receive them or pay a bit more at least we’d be able to get the clubs we want.
  • Mystery252Mystery252 Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Mizuno's European site has specs and info up now.

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystery252 wrote:

Mizuno's European site has specs and info up now.

https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/

So now there is no HM Pro wedges according to this. The information around this release has been all over the place...
    I don't always play minimal, but when I do:
    Driver, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, 6, 8, PW, 54, putter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file