2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

145791019
19

Comments

  • ssfrannyssfranny  2984WRX Points: 266Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,984
    Joined:  #182
    bombdrop wrote:


    Not available in Left Hand. **** off Mizuno.






    where did you read that dont see it anywhere? Link?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JNY88JNY88  11WRX Points: 14Members Posts: 11
    Joined:  #183
    bombdrop wrote:
    Not available in Left Hand. **** off Mizuno.




    So disappointing if this is true
    Posted:
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati 106WRX Points: 53Handicap: 10Members Posts: 106
    Joined:  #184
    Less offset than the JPX 919 Forged per Mizuno. Looks like I’ll be switching to the Hot Metal Pros.
    Posted:
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011  3619WRX Points: 231ClubWRX Posts: 3,619
    Joined:  #185
    Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • LemondeLemonde  788WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 788
    Joined:  #186
    Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.
    Posted:
    Driver On Order - Callaway GBB Epic SZ 440 9 Tour Issue - shaft TBD - HZRDUS Red 6.5 62g
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid On Order - Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Hybrid - TM M6 Hybrid 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X
    Wedge Pondering - Hi Toe Bigfoot 60 Indi ATK 50 & 58
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan  6800WRX Points: 67Handicap: 9.8Members Posts: 6,800
    Joined:  edited Jan 25, 2019 #187
    Lemonde wrote:


    Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.




    Why? 919F are great.



    People need to quit looking at specs so minutely and see what is playable for their game and conditions.



    So much nitpicking will lead to brain freeze and indecision, which leads to sleepless nights and looking at forums for too long looking for answers that don't exist.




    Hit them and decide.



    919F is more playable, distance is excellent for this forging - picked up 10 yds of carry over PXG, very forgiving but they're not on steroids like the HM in terms of distance. HM are not forged, and the feel is not as likeable as 919F - it's chromalloy or something. Depends on what you want in an iron.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

    Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • littletimbo182littletimbo182  493WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 493
    Joined:  #188
    These combo’d with the tours sounds like a winner!
    Posted:
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan  6800WRX Points: 67Handicap: 9.8Members Posts: 6,800
    Joined:  #189


    These combo'd with the tours sounds like a winner!




    Depends on what you want - for most people, the HM Pros and 919F are the better combo for forgiveness, distance and consistency.



    Choose the irons that you can handle on a bad day, not on your best day.
    Posted:
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

    Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • WarrickWarrick  10970WRX Points: 893ClubWRX Posts: 10,970
    Joined:  #190


    These combo'd with the tours sounds like a winner!




    I was looking for a 5i to go with my 919T 6-P, waited for HM Pro to test, 919F won hands down on looks and feel.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Toulon Portland 
    TM TP5X
  • Hammer22Hammer22  609WRX Points: 149Handicap: <8Members Posts: 609
    Joined:  #191
    SwingMan wrote:


    Choose the irons that you can handle on a bad day, not on your best day.




    Best club selection comment ever.



    It is, however, entertaining watching double-digit index players opine about their blades and muscle-back irons. The 919F rocks, and with a single-digit index, I was another one thrilled to put these in the bag. Loved the 900F, but the new model is that much more awesome - and forgiving.
    Posted:
    nflam-button.png
  • Jag80Jag80  714WRX Points: 94Handicap: WTF?Lefty Boomers Posts: 714
    Joined:  #192
    d9c507ec7e8771f346ea12a1e014d75a.jpg



    Is this not the left handed verison of the Pro? Can't make out printing on the head.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LemondeLemonde  788WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 788
    Joined:  #193
    Jag80 wrote:


    d9c507ec7e8771f346ea12a1e014d75a.jpg



    Is this not the left handed verison of the Pro? Can't make out printing on the head.




    No the hot metal pros haven’t been released yet.
    Posted:
    Driver On Order - Callaway GBB Epic SZ 440 9 Tour Issue - shaft TBD - HZRDUS Red 6.5 62g
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid On Order - Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Hybrid - TM M6 Hybrid 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X
    Wedge Pondering - Hi Toe Bigfoot 60 Indi ATK 50 & 58
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • LemondeLemonde  788WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 788
    Joined:  #194
    SwingMan wrote:

    Lemonde wrote:


    Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.




    Why? 919F are great.



    People need to quit looking at specs so minutely and see what is playable for their game and conditions.



    So much nitpicking will lead to brain freeze and indecision, which leads to sleepless nights and looking at forums for too long looking for answers that don't exist.




    Hit them and decide.



    919F is more playable, distance is excellent for this forging - picked up 10 yds of carry over PXG, very forgiving but they're not on steroids like the HM in terms of distance. HM are not forged, and the feel is not as likeable as 919F - it's chromalloy or something. Depends on what you want in an iron.




    Fair enough. I’m just a little perplexed that the 919 hm pros would have less offset than the 919f’s, that’s the specific part of this late release I would not be happy with.



    Btw I have to say missy is cranking out amazing stuff these days, it’s the one company where I could consider a full bag
    Posted:
    Driver On Order - Callaway GBB Epic SZ 440 9 Tour Issue - shaft TBD - HZRDUS Red 6.5 62g
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid On Order - Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Hybrid - TM M6 Hybrid 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X
    Wedge Pondering - Hi Toe Bigfoot 60 Indi ATK 50 & 58
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri  339WRX Points: 111Members Posts: 339
    Joined:  edited Jan 27, 2019 #195
    Lemonde wrote:

    SwingMan wrote:

    Lemonde wrote:


    Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.




    Why? 919F are great.



    People need to quit looking at specs so minutely and see what is playable for their game and conditions.



    So much nitpicking will lead to brain freeze and indecision, which leads to sleepless nights and looking at forums for too long looking for answers that don't exist.




    Hit them and decide.



    919F is more playable, distance is excellent for this forging - picked up 10 yds of carry over PXG, very forgiving but they're not on steroids like the HM in terms of distance. HM are not forged, and the feel is not as likeable as 919F - it's chromalloy or something. Depends on what you want in an iron.




    Fair enough. I’m just a little perplexed that the 919 hm pros would have less offset than the 919f’s, that’s the specific part of this late release I would not be happy with.



    Btw I have to say missy is cranking out amazing stuff these days, it’s the one company where I could consider a full bag
    Had an informal driver fitting with one of the engineers at PGA Demo day. You will not be disappointed with the 190 driver.
    Posted:
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

    www.paulbertholy.com

    www.dougferreri.com
  • SFargoSFargo  7WRX Points: 0Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 7
    Joined:  #196
    Jag80 wrote:


    d9c507ec7e8771f346ea12a1e014d75a.jpg



    Is this not the left handed verison of the Pro? Can't make out printing on the head.




    These are the Hot Metal’s, not the Pro’s.
    Posted:
  • mtex22mtex22 San Diego, CA 2259WRX Points: 194Members Posts: 2,259 BST Banned
    Joined:  #197
    DTown3011 wrote:




    Wow Vosh said less offset then the 919 Forged!! This could be the one! Anyone know the blade length in comparison to the 919F? Also anyone know what the stock shaft will be?
    Posted:
    TITLIEST TS3 9.5 - Fujikura Speeder Evo TS 661
    TITLEIST TS2 15 - Fujikura Speeder Evo TS 765
    CALLAWAY APEX 20- Matrix Altus Tour H8
    BRIDGESTONE J15CB 4-PW - Modus 105
    TITLIEST SM7 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Tri-Hot #1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cbbaroncbbaron Quincy Mass 1152WRX Points: 181Handicap: 9.1Members Posts: 1,152
    Joined:  #198
    Will demo asap
    Posted:
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld  3038WRX Points: 205Members Posts: 3,038
    Joined:  #199
    Lemonde wrote:


    Why do I get the feeling that this will turn out to be the G400 MAX of 2019. If I had bought the 919 forged, I would be pissed.




    The difference is that when the other 919s were announced, that the HM Pro was coming was a not so well kept secret. Fitting carts had open slots with those clubs listed, so that information was out there for anyone that did a little digging.
    Posted:
  • Hammer22Hammer22  609WRX Points: 149Handicap: <8Members Posts: 609
    Joined:  #200
    mtex22 wrote:


    Wow Vosh said less offset then the 919 Forged!! This could be the one! Anyone know the blade length in comparison to the 919F? Also anyone know what the stock shaft will be?




    The difference is probably non-discernible with your eyeballs - I'm guessing it a few thousandths of an inch. When I saw the HM Pro compared to a matching 919F, from the top it was tough to tell them apart. Granted, that was just a 4-iron, but I think the heads throughout the set will be close to each other in size.
    Posted:
    nflam-button.png
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck  1176WRX Points: 148Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,176
    Joined:  #201
    Hammer22 wrote:

    mtex22 wrote:


    Wow Vosh said less offset then the 919 Forged!! This could be the one! Anyone know the blade length in comparison to the 919F? Also anyone know what the stock shaft will be?




    The difference is probably non-discernible with your eyeballs - I'm guessing it a few thousandths of an inch. When I saw the HM Pro compared to a matching 919F, from the top it was tough to tell them apart. Granted, that was just a 4-iron, but I think the heads throughout the set will be close to each other in size.


    Like offset matters. If you are anti-offiset show me your on-set clubs that you play. OK no one.
    Posted:
  • SFargoSFargo  7WRX Points: 0Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 7
    Joined:  #202
    This answers all of the questions.







    Can’t wait. I’m playing the 900 Hot Metal now.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck  1176WRX Points: 148Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,176
    Joined:  #203
    bombdrop wrote:


    Not available in Left Hand. **** off Mizuno.




    Perfect, who wants to play with a lefty with the same access to good clubs? They don't honor their bets or jug viiolations. They complain about cart services and generally don't shower enough.I'm surprised any OEM makes clubs for them. It just isn't good for business.
    Posted:
  • mileslongmileslong  213WRX Points: 63Handicap: 6Members Posts: 213
    Joined:  edited Jan 29, 2019 #204
    I currently play Ping Ei1s, and planning to upgrade soon to i210s but these have peaked my interest. Does anyone have experience with both that could compare? I'm assuming these will play longer, but how do they feel and how do they compare forgiveness wise to the i210s?



    Thanks
    Posted:
    Ping G400 10 LST Kuro Kage DC 60TX
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Evenflow 6.0
    Ping G410 3h Evenflow 6.0
    Ping i500s 4-U PX LZ 6.0
    Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 and 58 PX Lz 6.0
    Ping Fetch/BGT Shaft
    Snell Red soon to be X
  • AG12AG12  1701WRX Points: 877Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,701
    Joined:  #205
    mileslong wrote:
    I currently play Ping Ei1s, and planning to upgrade soon to i210s but these have peaked my interest. Does anyone have experience with both that could compare? I'm assuming these will play longer, but how do they feel and how do they compare forgiveness wise to the i210s?



    Thanks




    +1 would like to know as well as an i210 user
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    TaylorMade SIM Max 19* Ventus Blue 7S
    TaylorMade P790 '19 4-AW Project X LZ 120
    Titleist SM7 54.14F/58.08M DG S200 
    Bettinardi BB1F Blackout Limited Run
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • OxfordGolferOxfordGolfer  5WRX Points: 0Handicap: 13Members Posts: 5
    Joined:  #206
    Also would like to hear some comparisons to the i210. I'm getting fit in the next couple weeks (just waiting for the fitter to get the demo heads in whenever that may be), and the top 3 going into the fitting are the i210, 919f, and 919HMP.
    Posted:
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld  3038WRX Points: 205Members Posts: 3,038
    Joined:  edited Jan 31, 2019 #207
    Anyone happen to learn the price of these? Wasn't able to find it in the usual places that I'd check. Same as regular HM, same as the forged, or somewhere in between?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DaveMacDaveMac  3185WRX Points: 190Handicap: 9Members Posts: 3,185
    Joined:  #208
    Listed prices mentioned thus far match that of the hot metal.$1000



    https://www.golfdigest.com/hot-list/golf-clubs/players-distance-irons/mizuno-jpx-919-hot-metal-pro
    Posted:
  • JNY88JNY88  11WRX Points: 14Members Posts: 11
    Joined:  #209
    This might be a very dumb question so I apologize beforehand, but I’m pretty bummed these won’t be available in LH (I’ve been waiting months to go for a fitting because I was waiting on these) so why couldn’t a company like Mizuno just not make any model in LH as a custom order?



    I’m sure they have strong enough relationships with their mfg partners so this wouldn’t need to be more expensive for them. Even if we had to wait longer to receive them or pay a bit more at least we’d be able to get the clubs we want.
    Posted:
  • Mystery252Mystery252  41WRX Points: 24Members Posts: 41
    Joined:  #210
    Mizuno's European site has specs and info up now.



    https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time  789WRX Points: 201Members Posts: 789
    Joined:  #211
    Mystery252 wrote:


    Mizuno's European site has specs and info up now.



    https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/




    So now there is no HM Pro wedges according to this. The information around this release has been all over the place...
    Posted:
    Have fun - ready golf - repair/replace divots & ball marks - FORE! as needed
19

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.