New Odyssey Stroke Lab putters

Comments

• budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    I’m actually a big fan of the bigger grip. Bought one today and rolled it nicely. Insert is so much better than the o-works which was the worst insert I have ever played in terms of speed control.
  • hardcaliberhardcaliber Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Sean289 wrote:

Had a chance to hit these today and sadly I wasn’t a fan. Whatever they are doing with the balance made the putter feel super head heavy in my hands, not a smooth stable feel to me.

I will keep an open mind but I believe that I will feel the same way about this line after I have rolled them.

I spent a little more time with the full lineup today and my opinion improved. Specifically, the 2 ball variant was nice. Nothing earth shattering but it felt better than the other recent 2 balls.
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Not sure why, but the Tuttle head is larger than I expected. It's more mallet-like than mid-mallet, I think.

Putted with almost every model at GG tonight. The Double Wide has my attention, but I'm going to hang onto my money until the arm locks are released. I'm not sure I see a noticeable difference between the Stroke Labs and my regular putter.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • collindm1collindm1 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Putted with these today - not sure what the big deal is. Small noticeable difference, if any at all - didn't improve my stroke. I don't blame Odyssey for pushing this to sell putters, but it honestly makes little to no difference - it doesn't HURT the stroke, but to be clear, it's not game-changing at all. More impressed with the Evnroll ER1TS Blade - it felt great and actually felt like it made me put a better stroke on the ball.
  • regiwstrukregiwstruk Members Posts: 583 ✭✭
    Same experience as the dude above. I noticed a legitimate difference in the double wide from the 1WS Oworks version and think the Stroke Lab is better in that model. But absolutely nothing “game changing” or whatever they are claming in any of the others, and certainly not enough in that model to warrant $250.

Odyssey should try to be more of the putter for the people and keep to that $130ish pp. Let Toulon be for the spenders. I can justify $130 b/c I like the new colorway or insert, etc. But $250? Hard pass.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,246 ✭✭
    got double wide. It felt shorter than reg 34" and feels TOO light. What's the heaviest option I can custom order?
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited Feb 9, 2019 1:59pm #368
    It's kinda weird in that the shaft feels light but stiff. I guess that's the point? Heavier grip and head, lighter shaft made of some super strong material = stability?

It doesn't seem like Golf Galaxy is selling the flow neck versions of the Double Wide or the Tuttle. As I've already said, I'm going to wait to see how I like the arm locks, but I'd love to compare the standard Double Wide with the flow neck.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    Rolled all the models today. I liked the Tuttle best even though I'm a blade guy. However, there was nothing special about them. Looking forward to the Toulon models.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,692 ✭✭
    Radeon962 wrote:

Tried the double wide and V-line at Carl's today on my way home. Felt very nice but I would prefer a White Hot Pro face.

Pretty much my feeling about every Odyssey putter the last few years.
  • BenzoBenzo Members Posts: 1,546 ✭✭
    Bought a the tuttle double bend today.

Been rolling it inside and it feels so balanced and stable.

Insert is amazing
    Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
    Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
    Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
    Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
    Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
    Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
    2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

• MorryMorry Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    CDLgolf wrote:

Whats the difference between the stroke lab oversize and the stroke lab pistol grip ?

Is the oversize non tapered ? Is the pistol standard or midsize ?

anyone answer this one?

very interested as well

thanks
    Ping G400 10.5 - EvenFlow Blue 6.0 /
    Callaway Fusion 3W - Fuji Evo III S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 790 4-P - Modus 105-S
    Cleveland RTX-4 52, 54, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Shaft 
    CS-X  / ProV1-X
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,652 ✭✭
    Morry wrote:

CDLgolf wrote:

Whats the difference between the stroke lab oversize and the stroke lab pistol grip ?

Is the oversize non tapered ? Is the pistol standard or midsize ?

anyone answer this one?

very interested as well

thanks

Playing with the Odyssey customizer the difference appears to be size. The pistol is a less meaty version of the OS.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    The oversize didn't feel like a pistol to me. More of a non-tapered grip. I preferred it over the pistol.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • Grimace45Grimace45 Members Posts: 1,104 ✭✭
    edited Feb 10, 2019 9:17pm #375
    Put the V Line CS Head to Head with the O Works Black 2M CS and my Circle T GoLo CS and the difference was astonishing on SAM putt lab. The Stroke Lab went into the bag immediately. I have always liked and rolled counter balanced models really well just hated the weight and extra length. This one for me fit perfectly.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* GD AD TP 6x
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* GD AD TP 7x
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18* GD AD MT 7x
    Callaway X Forged UT 21* AD DI 95s
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Hi 5 & 6 UST Recoil 110 F5
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 7 - PW UST Recoil 110 F5
    Ben Hogan TK 15 50* UST Recoil 110 F5
    Callaway MD4 54* & 58* KBS $Taper Black 120
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V Line 35"
    Titleist ProV1

• jjljjl Members Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Ordered a Tuttle face balanced 34" after rolling it on two separate trips to my local shop. Noticed the putters felt a little shorter than the stated length, I usually play a 33" putter but the 33" Tuttle felt too short for me. The One model was also solid, great choice for blade users. The pistol grip felt too small, went with the jumbo grip which felt great to me. Final opinion reserved until i get it out on the course, but cautiously optimistic.
    Cobra F8 Tour Length
    Ping G410 Hybrid 19*
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW
    TaylorMade HiToe 50, 56, 60*
    TaylorMade Spider X 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B RX
    Titleist Players 4 
  • CDLgolfCDLgolf Members Posts: 834 ✭✭
    jjl wrote:

Ordered a Tuttle face balanced 34" after rolling it on two separate trips to my local shop. Noticed the putters felt a little shorter than the stated length, I usually play a 33" putter but the 33" Tuttle felt too short for me. The One model was also solid, great choice for blade users. The pistol grip felt too small, went with the jumbo grip which felt great to me. Final opinion reserved until i get it out on the course, but cautiously optimistic.

Two Rush album cover avatars int he same thread. Awsome.
    Cobra F8
    Ping G25 3 wood
    Ping G25 20 & 23 hybrid G30 26 hybrid
    Ping i e1 6- uw
    Ping Tour Gorge 56 & 60
    Odyssey
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,195 ClubWRX
    sbjinx wrote:

dmeeksDC wrote:

Rolled these today. Really like the heads and the face. With the oversized Odyssey grip, the putter felt too light to me. I did not care for that. I think I may like the head but not the stroke lab part of it. A different grip may help the balance. I thought it was too much in the hands with the big Steelers/Hawkeyes massive yellow and black coloring.

Try it with the std pistol. It’s still an ugly grip but when I tried both grips i felt the balance was way better with the std size.

Good tip. I think getting it set for the right feel is key. Thanks
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • jjljjl Members Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    CDLgolf wrote:

jjl wrote:

Moving Pictures...best rock album ever recorded imho...
    Cobra F8 Tour Length
    Ping G410 Hybrid 19*
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW
    TaylorMade HiToe 50, 56, 60*
    TaylorMade Spider X 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B RX
    Titleist Players 4 
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,704 ✭✭
    dmeeksDC wrote:
    Rolled these today. Really like the heads and the face. With the oversized Odyssey grip, the putter felt too light to me. I did not care for that. I think I may like the head but not the stroke lab part of it. A different grip may help the balance. I thought it was too much in the hands with the big Steelers/Hawkeyes massive yellow and black coloring.

Same, glad I wasn’t the only one.

I will note I putted well with both, so it’s really down to your feel preference. For me I putted much better 8 foot and in with the pistol grip. For distances beyond that it’s likely down to your typical miss.

Typical miss with the pistol was slightly left.

Typical miss with the oversized grip was slightly right.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • rmgatlrmgatl Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Bought tuttle flow neck today. Loved it in pgass, have 90 days to see if I really love it:-)
  • tgg27tgg27 Member Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I have tried all of the models twice now and i have found that i prefer the os grip. The R ball model is my front runner right now but the double wide is close behind. I thought that these do feel more stable. It could just be in my head but the weight balance just seemed to smooth out my stroke.
    My ITB changes too frequently to keep up with it here.
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers Posts: 758 ✭✭
    edited Feb 15, 2019 5:02am #383
    jjl wrote:

CDLgolf wrote:

jjl wrote:

Moving Pictures...best rock album ever recorded imho...

Best drummer period IMO...plus his book "Ghost Rider ...Travels on the Healing Road" showed how crazy talented Neal is. I am not a fan of their music (a country boy), but in awe of his abilities on the drums and his book is a top 10 of all time for me. That man has lived some life!

As for the putters, I really wanted to bring one home but for me, the shapes I liked felt just too light and my poor technique had me manipulating the takeaway and arc at times. It was like swinging a c7 SW iron set...just did not feel I could keep it on line. They felt good and looked great, but with the 7 head felt light. The marksman felt much better to me, but did not fit my eye at address. I was not sold on the shaft and much preferred the o works and Evo in the same heads.

FWIW, I am maybe an average putter at best.
    Mizuno 190ST with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z765 with SteelFiber R shafts
    or
    Cobra Black Forged Tec 4i - AW with Recoil F4 shafts
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    Taylormade Spider X

I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!  
    Oh, changed my mind and still HOing ....but HC finally moving in the right direction.
    Definitions: HOing is changing any spot in your bag 3 or more times in a year
                       Optimizing is changing any/every spot in your bag up to twice a year :-)
  • madaboutgolfmadaboutgolf Members Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
    saw them in the flesh today and fat grip miles too big for me ..
    Taylormade M2 D type 12*
    Taylormade M2 3 wood
    Taylormade M4 5 wood
    Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid/Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
    Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
    Callaway sure out 58* wedge
    Taylormade Burner speed/RBZ soft balls
    Odyssey 7s black
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,102 ✭✭
    Tried a few last night. Not a big fan of these after rolling like 6 of them. I'll pass.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • RitchieRitchie Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Picked up a Tuttle on Wednesday.

They've hardened the insert on this model which I prefer as tried a friend’s Odyssey and found the older models far too soft. Weight feels nice.

Just like the look of it and feels nice, what’s not to like.
  • odshot68odshot68 Members Posts: 7,841 ✭✭
    Wanted to get one so bad. It just wasn’t for me. I walked out with a Scotty.

Mizuno ST190G Driver Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Mizuno ST190 3TS 14 deg Atmos Black 7S Tour Spec
    Vokey SM7 Tour Chrome 56.10S, 60.04L S200
    Bettinardi BB29 Putter

• robstercsirobstercsi Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    odshot68 wrote:

Wanted to get one so bad. It just wasn’t for me. I walked out with a Scotty.
    Like you, I was so keen to try these, but left the local shop here in Edinburgh very underwhelmed. Am going to try the Squareback 1.5 instead. And the Toulon Palm Beach when available here in the UK!
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 903 ✭✭
    I always feel like I make everything on site on the carpet, but the Marksman and the Double Wide have been automatic for me. Going to hold off until I can see a Toulon Vegas in the flesh and get to some outdoor demo days before pulling the trigger on one.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,652 ✭✭
    Ritchie wrote:

Picked up a Tuttle on Wednesday.

They've hardened the insert on th[size="3"][color="#000000"]is model which I prefer as tried a friend’s Odyssey and found the older models far too soft. W[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]eight feels nice.[/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Just like the look of it and feels nice, what’s not to like.[/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

What’s not to like? Let’s start with your font starting at a reasonable size and decreasing in size to the point it’s almost unreadable.
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • lanejsllanejsl Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I picked up the #3 today. I put it up against the new spider x and Cameron putters on the SAM. When struck in the middle, there was no better satisfying sound than the stroke lab.