Pending TaylorMade Announcement

Comments

• DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,144 ✭✭
    Maybe they’ve partnered with General Electric to introduce a lightzier light bulb....hence, lighting up the industry????
    Ping G400 Max 9, Aldila Black 7X
    TaylorMade M3 3HL, Tensai Blue 7X
    Callaway Apex 20, KK 8X
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
    Ping Tyne, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/
  • 00steven00steven Members Posts: 191 ✭✭
    getitdaily wrote:

Brooks or Spieth or Champ...

These are the only ones to justify the wording.
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    3 Wood: Taylormade M2
    3 Hybrid: Taylormade M2
    4-PW: Titleist AP1
    Wedges: 52/56 Titlest SM5 60 Titleist SM6
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    00steven wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

Someone who gets it...finally
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,013 ✭✭
    DNice26 wrote:

Maybe they’ve partnered with General Electric to introduce a lightzier light bulb....hence, lighting up the industry????

Ha! I was thinking lightbulbs too, lol.

But if I was to take a left-field punt I'd say the NCAA or an NCAA conference... maybe the 'light' of the PAC-12?
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    When did I miss that Rickie playing a TM ball is the worst kept secret?
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,291 ✭✭
    00steven wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

Thomas, Finau? They would also fit the wording. Not saying either would switch, but if we are just tossing around huge names..
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    I’m guessing it’s Woody Austin.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,784 ✭✭
    Maybe Langer ?
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,356 ✭✭
    If it was Tom Gillis he would've already tweeted it
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭
    Probably going after a long bomver then release a bunch of markings to say their still the longest driver in golf.
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,555 ✭✭
    Tiger and Rory couldn't keep Nike equipment afloat. So, why should any of us care about this topic?
    PING Rapture V1 Driver 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 23* hybrids
    Titleist 755 irons
    Vokey Wedges 46/54/58
    Odyssey #1WS
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip Members Posts: 460 ✭✭
    In an all world make up call: They sign El Tucán as their LATAM rep for, hmmmm, something north of $3k?
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,748 ✭✭
    If Rickie is the spokesman, does this mean Taylormade is getting into financial services, mortgages and insurance? He does a lot more ads for that than golf equipment.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    jll62 wrote:

toc wrote:

Rickie would fit the description but not for just playing the ball. Brooks is awesome but I don't see him being a guy that really moves clubs, Spieth is more marketable despite his recent struggles. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's a lady like Lexi. My extreme dark house prediction is jack nicklaus.

When I was at TaylorMade for their 2019 product launch, they made a big deal about how they see themselves as a ball company now. Signing a big name player to a ball/glove deal absolutely fits within that sort of statement. It doesn't have to be any more than ball for someone like Rickie to be a big deal.

GoGoErky wrote:

I'm betting it's Rickie and then we will see some others signed to ball deals or other non traditional TM contracts but Rickie will be the first domino

Edit: btw Rickie isn't on titleist your page as a ball guy anymore and hasn't been for about a month

That's my speculation, as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Sneds get some sort of deal for a ball too

Rickie is the Face of Cobra , I think they would hold on to him for dear life . Plus he doesn’t fit the description .

Cobra doesn’t make a ball and he never wore puma gloves. TM is changing how they do business and getting Rickie on a ball/glove deal will be huge
  • dbleagdbleag Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    Maybe they signed The Club Pro Guy.

Cool beans for him if so.
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭
    Light up the industry just doesn’t sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isn’t anything new that’s for sure!
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • clemsontigerclemsontiger Members Posts: 112 ✭✭
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Members Posts: 2,102 ✭✭
    Before anybody starts any crazy rumors I am not signing with TaylorMade.

I wonder if TaylorMade is buying Sears?
  • wkndhackwkndhack Members Posts: 908 ✭✭
    It's Fleetwood.
    Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
    Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
    Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
    Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
    Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
    Bettinardi QB8
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Could be Club Pro Guy?
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 4,107 ✭✭

I received a letter/email from David Abeles at TaylorMade the other day. This is what he said:

"In addition to our continued product leadership, we are preparing to make one of the most significant announcements in company history - a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before. Please stay tuned. You will hear from us in a couple of weeks!

We believe 2019 will be our best year yet. We are inspired by the momentum in our industry and all of the work being done across channels to drive participation in golf. We are proud of the progress we are making in our business together, bullish about our growth plans for 2019, and looking forward to an early spring with strong demand for our new products.

On behalf of the entire TaylorMade Golf team, we thank you for your continued dedication to our partnership and for all that you do to make this possible.

Sincerely,

David Abeles

CEO TaylorMade Golf"

So, my question is, will this be the Rickie Fowler ball/glove deal announcement or is this something else? Obviously the Rickie deal is the second worst kept secret behind Rose/Honma, but I don't think he is going to be playing their new TruVis copycat ball until later in the spring, so why announce it now? And that announcement certainly doesn't fit or live up to the type of hype insinuated in this letter. I love Rick and wish him the best but he wouldn't even be the third most successful player on their tour staff. Talk about disappointing if that's the real announcement.

Which leads me to my second question... are they seriously going to make a big announcement during the PGA Show, which they are not attending? What a joke. Hopefully they postpone it until well after the show.

I'm interested to hear what the truth is behind this "most significant announcement".

Just curious, but what do you do that you would get a letter/email from the CEO of TaylorMade Golf?

I received a letter/email from David Abeles at TaylorMade the other day. This is what he said:

"In addition to our continued product leadership, we are preparing to make one of the most significant announcements in company history - a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before. Please stay tuned. You will hear from us in a couple of weeks!

We believe 2019 will be our best year yet. We are inspired by the momentum in our industry and all of the work being done across channels to drive participation in golf. We are proud of the progress we are making in our business together, bullish about our growth plans for 2019, and looking forward to an early spring with strong demand for our new products.

On behalf of the entire TaylorMade Golf team, we thank you for your continued dedication to our partnership and for all that you do to make this possible.

Sincerely,

David Abeles

CEO TaylorMade Golf"

So, my question is, will this be the Rickie Fowler ball/glove deal announcement or is this something else? Obviously the Rickie deal is the second worst kept secret behind Rose/Honma, but I don't think he is going to be playing their new TruVis copycat ball until later in the spring, so why announce it now? And that announcement certainly doesn't fit or live up to the type of hype insinuated in this letter. I love Rick and wish him the best but he wouldn't even be the third most successful player on their tour staff. Talk about disappointing if that's the real announcement.

Which leads me to my second question... are they seriously going to make a big announcement during the PGA Show, which they are not attending? What a joke. Hopefully they postpone it until well after the show.

I'm interested to hear what the truth is behind this "most significant announcement".

Just curious, but what do you do that you would get a letter/email from the CEO of TaylorMade Golf?

Aha ! Goood question.
    toc wrote:

Light up the industry just doesn’t sound like the impact a ball deal would have, but hyperbole in advertising isn’t anything new that’s for sure!

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldn’t light up the industry? Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company
  • Asiangolfer1995Asiangolfer1995 Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    I have three guesses:

Tommy Fleetwood: (11 Club Deal with golf ball)

Rickie Fowler (Ball/Glove Only Deal)

Patrick Reed (8 Club Deal, w/o golf ball)
  • CaptainRookCaptainRook Members Posts: 480 ✭✭

I have three guesses:

Tommy Fleetwood: (11 Club Deal with golf ball)

Rickie Fowler (Ball/Glove Only Deal)

Patrick Reed (8 Club Deal, w/o golf ball)

I think it will be all three in the same announcement.
  • herdmanherdman Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Tommy Fleetwood is a great golfer, but not a huge splash. Fowler? FOr a ball or glove deal? Nobody would really pay attention.

The CEO wrote: [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before[/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]They already have Rory. And, Tiger [/background] (the biggest name in golf in a generation).

It has to be someone outside of golf.

It has to be someone who would light up the industry. Who would light up the industry. Well, an athlete who lights it up. That means a basketball player. That means a basketball player who golfs and is recognizable. A current golfer is not going to be bigger than Tiger.

That either means one or two people. Steph Curry or Michael Jordan.

I am not sure they can afford Michael Jordan. But, you never know. That leaves Curry. Curry is the probably the second most popular Current basketball player in the world right now just behind Lebron James. I don't think Lebron James is known for golfing.

Curry is trying to get a PGA tournament going or sponsor it.

My guess is Curry.
    herdman wrote:

Tommy Fleetwood is a great golfer, but not a huge splash. Fowler? FOr a ball or glove deal? Nobody would really pay attention.

The CEO wrote: [background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]a new addition to our athlete team that will light up the industry and enhance the impact of our brand like never before[/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]They already have Rory. And, Tiger [/background] (the biggest name in golf in a generation).

It has to be someone outside of golf.

It has to be someone who would light up the industry. Who would light up the industry. Well, an athlete who lights it up. That means a basketball player. That means a basketball player who golfs and is recognizable. A current golfer is not going to be bigger than Tiger.

That either means one or two people. Steph Curry or Michael Jordan.

I am not sure they can afford Michael Jordan. But, you never know. That leaves Curry. Curry is the probably the second most popular Current basketball player in the world right now just behind Lebron James. I don't think Lebron James is known for golfing.

Curry is trying to get a PGA tournament going or sponsor it.

My guess is Curry.

Fleetwood would be a big snag for the euro market. Rickie playing a tp5 ball would be easy to market the switch from titleist and dig at the #1 ball.

Isn’t Steph curry already under some ambassador deal with Callaway?
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    Having Fowler endorse the TP5 would be a big get. Tiger shills on tv for TM and B'Stone, so why not Fowler for Puma and TM?
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
    edited Jan 13, 2019 10:30pm #61
    GoGoErky wrote:

toc wrote:

So signing away a lifelong titleist ball user with the star power of a Rickie Fowler to their first ball/glove only deal wouldn’t light up the industry? Imo it would be closest thing to a game changing signing there is outside of Tiger or Phil by a company

Nope. Not even close. Rickie playing a Tm ball is equal to Hudson swafford sighning with Rays short haul trucking for a hat deal. Most people couldn’t tell you which ball he played anyway. Why would they notice if he swapped ? It’s what’s on the hat that matters.