Music on the course - I'm turning against it after supporting it

Complain to your League committee. If they are not willing to do anything about the excessive noise, either don't play with the idiots, say something to those idiots or quit that league. I was against music for a long time but changed my view after playing a few times with folks that had music playing. I now play music but it's kept low so no one on the tee can hear it, and I don't get close to anyone addressing the ball.

• Like 1
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

> @Pepperturbo said:

> Complain to your League committee. If they are not willing to do anything about the excessive noise, either don't play with the idiots, say something to those idiots or quit that league. I was against music for a long time but changed my view after playing a few times with folks that had music playing. I now play music but it's kept low so no one on the tee can hear it, and I don't get close to anyone addressing the ball.

Pepper, you should note that you listen to Harry Connick, Jr. on the course. Harry on low volume is quite a different story than what’s being told here.

> @matthewb said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @matthewb said:

> > > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > > @Dudee said:

> > > > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > > > >

> > > > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > > > >

> > > > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> > > >

> > > > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

> > >

> > > Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Calm down there chief.

> >

> > (please dont go on the twitter machine and tell everyone how offended you are)

>

> Not offended in the least.

>

> I’m always amused to hear explanations (almost always in the form of a diatribe) as to why “there’s no moral center any longer.” It makes for good entertainment.

No worries. Guessing you feel all is a ok then. Good deal. Have a good one!

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

> @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > @matthewb said:

> > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > @matthewb said:

> > > > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > > > @Dudee said:

> > > > > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > > > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

> > > >

> > > > Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Calm down there chief.

> > >

> > > (please dont go on the twitter machine and tell everyone how offended you are)

> >

> > Not offended in the least.

> >

> > I’m always amused to hear explanations (almost always in the form of a diatribe) as to why “there’s no moral center any longer.” It makes for good entertainment.

>

> No worries. Guessing you feel all is a ok then. Good deal. Have a good one!

All good. No need to feel insecure.

We’re still on for our tee time Sunday morning. Your turn to bring the weed.

Just one minor request. This week could you please not chant, “Philistines! Moral reprobates! Philistines! Moral reprobates!” at the kids who are playing music on the course? You know I dislike music on the course just as much as you do but it looks a bit silly when you let loose with your chant. As you well know, righteous indignation tends not to play well.

See you Sunday.

> @Lodestone said:

> What I really like about this set up is that when I play my Best of Jerry Vale, the ~~noise~~er...music...will be directed away from me, so others can appreciate it more. Even more than I.

I was thinking of the favorite hits of Ethel Merman in a loop would be enjoyed by all. Or maybe some Mitch Miller Sing A Long and try to get everyone actively involved. Not sure how to do the bouncing ball thing so not everyone may know all the words. Hand out sheet music I guess.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @matthewb said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @matthewb said:

> > > > > @matthewb said:

> > > > > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > > > > @Dudee said:

> > > > > > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > > > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > > > > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Calm down there chief.

> > > >

> > > > (please dont go on the twitter machine and tell everyone how offended you are)

> > >

> > > Not offended in the least.

> > >

> > > I’m always amused to hear explanations (almost always in the form of a diatribe) as to why “there’s no moral center any longer.” It makes for good entertainment.

> >

> > No worries. Guessing you feel all is a ok then. Good deal. Have a good one!

>

> All good. No need to feel insecure.

>

> We’re still on for our tee time Sunday morning. Your turn to bring the weed.

>

> Just one minor request. This week could you please not chant, “Philistines! Moral reprobates! Philistines! Moral reprobates!” at the kids who are playing music on the course? You know I dislike music on the course just as much as you do but it looks a bit silly when you let loose with your chant. As you well know, righteous indignation tends not to play well.

>

> See you Sunday.

Ha. Got it. Yawn.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

> @matthewb said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @matthewb said:

> > > > > @matthewb said:

> > > > > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > > > > @Dudee said:

> > > > > > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > > > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > > > > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Calm down there chief.

> > > >

> > > > (please dont go on the twitter machine and tell everyone how offended you are)

> > >

> > > Not offended in the least.

> > >

> > > I’m always amused to hear explanations (almost always in the form of a diatribe) as to why “there’s no moral center any longer.” It makes for good entertainment.

> >

> > No worries. Guessing you feel all is a ok then. Good deal. Have a good one!

>

> All good. No need to feel insecure.

>

> We’re still on for our tee time Sunday morning. Your turn to bring the weed.

>

> Just one minor request. This week could you please not chant, “Philistines! Moral reprobates! Philistines! Moral reprobates!” at the kids who are playing music on the course? You know I dislike music on the course just as much as you do but it looks a bit silly when you let loose with your chant. As you well know, righteous indignation tends not to play well.

>

> See you Sunday.

Hey, when I see kids playing music it's with headphones. It's different when you're trying to entertain everyone you can see.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/disrupter-wireless-signal-jammer-triple-blocker/77513916.html

I am tempted to get one of these and take it with me on course.

Should silence the music anywhere reasonably close.

Take that entitled f***ers.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @Quasimoto said:

> https://www.dhgate.com/product/disrupter-wireless-signal-jammer-triple-blocker/77513916.html

> I am tempted to get one of these and take it with me on course.

> Should silence the music anywhere reasonably close.

> Take that entitled f***ers.

Ahh, yes. The nuclear option. Well played.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > I am tempted to get one of these and take it with me on course.

> > Should silence the music anywhere reasonably close.

> > Take that entitled f***ers.

>

> Or just play Amazing Grace (bagpipes version) at a high volume.....would make them all run for the hills.

Could always go with the nat'l anthem - they'd protest and leave for sure.

• Like 1

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > I am tempted to get one of these and take it with me on course.

> > Should silence the music anywhere reasonably close.

> > Take that entitled f***ers.

>

> Or just play Amazing Grace (bagpipes version) at a high volume.....would make them all run for the hills.

You know, I don't think that would bother me, especially to begin a round, as long as it wasn't suddenly turned on in the middle of my swing. Out of curiousity I'm listening to it right now and longing to be on the course.

I prefer something like Run **TO** the Hills at a decent volume but of course my music is coming through headphones (bone conduction). Every once in awhile one of our older members asks what I am bobbing my head along to and I would love to pop the phones around their head to see their reaction to Maiden or some of the other harder stuff i have in my playlist. Last time it happened La Grange was playing and even the old coots at least know that one.

A few weeks ago the pool next to my home course was having their opening day and blasting Sweet Caroline. I'm walking down the fairway singing "Please Kill Me Now" instead of Sweet Caroline but really... it wasn't that bad even though it is not a song I would have in my playlist.

There used to be a church of some sort in the neighborhood adjacent to where I played golf. I say "of some sort" because I don't know what denomination and they certainly didn't sing out of a hymnbook. Instead, for about an hour every Sunday morning the entire neighborhood were treated to something that sounded like really generic 90's power ballads except with Christian lyrics. Fortunately only three holes of the golf course were adjacent to that housing development but most Sundays we had an earful. Yikes.

I agree with the post that this is the single worst thing to happen to golf in decades. Being said, the inconsiderate trash will be just that and the horse is out of the barn. I have now resigned myself to carry earbuds and when i hear crappy music( which is almost every round). I listen to my own crappy music to drown it out. This problem is here for good

Callaway Paradyn 9°
Ping G 3 W
Ping G 5W
Ping g400 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 923 hot metal HL 5-GW
Vokey 50-08 sm8
Vokey 56-08 sm9
Spider Tour 34”

> @larrybud said:

> Music on the course is the worst thing to happen to the game in the last 20 years, bar none.

Amen.

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55S

G430 Max 3W Alta CB Slate 65S

G410 2H, 3H Alta CB Red 70S

Glide 2.0 ES 54,60 AWT wedge S (blackout)

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

> @King_Slender said:

> It never bothered me when people would play music on the course, but lately I'm starting to turn against it due to the blatant disregard for other groups on the course. There are guys in my league who bring a [JBL Extreme 2](https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+Xtreme+2.html "JBL Extreme 2"), which is a pretty kicking speaker and great for backyard barbecues, but entirely inappropriate if you just want to tunes playing in your cart.

>

> It could also be that I'm just sick of their playlists, but I'm longing for those days of enjoying the peace of the course a bit.

100% that's my issue as well. I always felt like music ought to be low enough not to disturb people in your group, let alone others.

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @King_Slender said:

> > It never bothered me when people would play music on the course, but lately I'm starting to turn against it due to the blatant disregard for other groups on the course. There are guys in my league who bring a [JBL Extreme 2](https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+Xtreme+2.html "JBL Extreme 2"), which is a pretty kicking speaker and great for backyard barbecues, but entirely inappropriate if you just want to tunes playing in your cart.

> >

> > It could also be that I'm just sick of their playlists, but I'm longing for those days of enjoying the peace of the course a bit.

>

> 100% that's my issue as well. I always felt like music ought to be low enough not to disturb people in your group, let alone others.

Imagine that!! There would be no backlash if the music players did that. Problem is that so many feel entitled to jam to their music while putting and the cart is 30 yards away.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I'll play music only when 1) I'm by myself 2) and the course is empty(ish). This means basically I only do it when I'm walking twilight on a random day around 530pm. I'll play music from my phone, which is in my pocket. I'm positive it can't be heard from more than 50ft away.

If other groups can hear it, then it's too loud.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @JAMH03 said:

> > > @King_Slender said:

> > > It never bothered me when people would play music on the course, but lately I'm starting to turn against it due to the blatant disregard for other groups on the course. There are guys in my league who bring a [JBL Extreme 2](https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+Xtreme+2.html "JBL Extreme 2"), which is a pretty kicking speaker and great for backyard barbecues, but entirely inappropriate if you just want to tunes playing in your cart.

> > >

> > > It could also be that I'm just sick of their playlists, but I'm longing for those days of enjoying the peace of the course a bit.

> >

> > 100% that's my issue as well. I always felt like music ought to be low enough not to disturb people in your group, let alone others.

>

> Imagine that!! There would be no backlash if the music players did that. Problem is that so many feel entitled to jam to their music while putting and the cart is 30 yards away.

@Shilgy One day about 10 years ago I was prepping for a tournament away from my home course maybe it had rained previously because it was perfect midweek summer afternoon about 4pm and nobody else was there.

I heard him well before he caught up to me I'm walking pushing my cart. This guy sort of drives up on me.skinny guy, 5'7 ish 160lbs **barefoot**, classic rock music could be heard from about 1/2 a hole away had a cooler of Corona, a little skinny dog and was smoking a doobie. I was offended on so many levels! I looked around but there was nobody on the front 9! LOL But he was a chill guy a good golfer and genuinely wanted to play with me. I asked him why/how the dog etc.? What we ended up talking about was comparing the difficulty of two local golf courses.

Now 10 years later I just wish I had a place where I could golf with my dog (Bucket list) and I'm sure he's had to turn his music down several times and put his beer back into his vehicle. LOL

As long as not being obnoxiously loud, you should have enough concentration to tune out distractions. If played at concert levels, I'd agree those peeps are just being a**holes, but seems that's the world we live in now.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

This thread must be some kind of jinx.

Today for starters we were behind a foursome playing music, separately, in each of their two carts. As in each cart with different tunes going. The only good news was they had it turned down where we could only hear it when we got within 50-100 yards of them.

Then one of the two carts, they left parked outside the clubhouse after the round with the music playing while they went inside and ate lunch.

FWIW, they were also playing the way-back tees although on at least a dozen holes one or the other of them (most times it was the same guy) would duff his tee shot maybe 100-150 yards.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I don't understand how some can't go without music on the course, like it's like lifeblood to them. The natural sounds on the course are music to most golfer's ears.

>

> Believe it or not you can do both!

You're right I can, and I have. Although, I never bring it on the course myself but can tolerate it if others are respectful in what and how they play music. It's just nice to be out on the course listening to the golf sounds without the music, at least most of the time.