Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

i went to the range today to hit some balls. 38 degrees with light rain and a crazy wind in my face. i decided after hitting about 30 shots i was going home but i pulled 2 sleeves of the ksig3 out and hit them into the range. 3 with driver and 3 with 7 iron.

Pretty soft feel. I didn't see any excessive spin into the wind-about the same as the range balls i was hitting.

I did pull out a couple zstars i had in the bag and hit them down range with the driver too. The feel between the 2 is very close. The zstars appeared to carry a little farther but not by much. both went pretty straight.

Anxious to try it in normal conditions. My initial impressions of those 6 shots was nothing stood out but soft feel. It wasn't exactly prime testing conditions.

I have hit some really long drives with the original ksig over the last year so I'm interested if this will stack up

Any more reports about distance loss off the tee? If anyone has any more on-course review info, that'd be great as well! I've still got about 3 dozen 2015 Z-Stars but if the rumors that these play like the '17 Z-Stars are true... it'd be a huge win for many on here!!

from what I heard from various source, it is more like qst, not z star.

Yep - just posted my feedback from playing today. No loss of distance however since you asked yesterday.

I also enjoyed the QST when testing it... at this price point, a $12/dz QST would be welcome to me!! And thanks for the review!

Any more reports about distance loss off the tee? If anyone has any more on-course review info, that'd be great as well! I've still got about 3 dozen 2015 Z-Stars but if the rumors that these play like the '17 Z-Stars are true... it'd be a huge win for many on here!!

Yep - just posted my feedback from playing today. No loss of distance however since you asked yesterday.

I also enjoyed the QST when testing it... at this price point, a $12/dz QST would be welcome to me!! And thanks for the review!

for me the only draw back was the lower ball flight, but being such a small sample size I will give them another go next outing. Maybe it was just the way I was swinging today .

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

for me the only draw back was the lower ball flight, but being such a small sample size I will give them another go next outing. Maybe it was just the way I was swinging today .

Gotcha. Thanks for all the help!

i went to the range today to hit some balls. 38 degrees with light rain and a crazy wind in my face. i decided after hitting about 30 shots i was going home but i pulled 2 sleeves of the ksig3 out and hit them into the range.

The kid that picks the range is going to think he hit the motherlode when he finds your 6 KSig3s. He'll probably sell 'em on eBay...

I hope you are not referencing my post about the spin numbers on my GC2. It feels similarly soft to 17 Z-star and pitch spin is similar (tad higher actually), but 7-iron spin was quite a bit higher. It would be like TP5 (z-star) vs TP3 (Ksig3) in my opinion where the TP3 has more spin on iron shots than the TP5, but for pitching, they were similar. So it depends on what you want.

Srixon ZX5 9* driver: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Ping G410 2h, 3h, 4h: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Srixon ZX7 5-PW: Recoil 95 (HS + lead tape)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58: Recoil 110
Rife Cayman (+tungsten powder)
Srixon Z-Star Diamond

Ok so I got to take the K3 out today for 10 holes before picking up the kiddos. Here is my short review.

Me - 12 index right now - SS 100-105 / 7 iron carry 165 normal

Course - Soft and lush - minimum roll out with a medium breeze about 7-10 mph

Driver - notice a lower launch off the driver (to me like the AVX) but cut through the wind when well struck. I did have 2 that ballooned a little but they were high and a push off the face but still stayed in play.. They did not go crazy offline - nothing any other ball wouldn't have done in these conditions. I did not notice any loss of distance vs my normal line up.

Irons, the K3 was a pleasure to hit, feel was great and again, ball flight was lower than my XV that I normally play. Spin from full wedges was hop and stop, maybe a slight roll back of a few feet. Greens are about 80% healed from small punch last month so they are very soft and maybe that dictated the lack of spin back. Distance was normal vs other tour level balls I play.

Chipping, only has a few chips and the ball seemed to have good control, but not the stopping power of some of the expensive balls. I didn't have any shots that were short sided so I really cannot say how much more roll out but it felt and played like a distance urethane ball.

Putting - I really like putting with the K3 - Comes off the face very soft and slightly muted. No click that I could tell.

Durability - after 10 holes the ball still looked mint. I didn't hit any trees or cart paths today but this ball can take some abuse. Very good value here.

Summary - Some will disagree and result will vary by each golfer, but to me this is very close to the AVX, B330-RX and QST. Good feel and distance urethane ball, slightly less greenside spin when compared to TP5x . V1x, XV , KSIG etc.

Again 10 holes so a smallish sample but I think it's price less than the KSIG and it probably should be, but that doesn't make it a bad ball. I quite like it, especially for the price point. It's almost funny how much I think it plays like the AVX, considering the spat between Titleist and Costco. Maybe not an accident?

I will try out the Ksig 3 again today. Tried them Friday in not so great weather and no conclusions. Weird but it seems to spin a lot more than the Tour Preferred or the Ksig on drives - hit some bad pull hooks. It may also have been the result of a grip change I was goofing around with but it did seem to go offline with the drivers pretty easy. Because of the wind, distance could not be verified but great feel off the irons and putter. The green were soft but I hit a pro zip back wedge from about 20-30 yards that was pretty cool. For whatever reason this ball reminds me of the Project A - great around the greens but spinny off the driver.

For reference I have been playing the lethal for about four years and switched to the Tour Preferred last year and swing speed around 100.

Looks like this is members only still. Tempted to get a membership but with the nearest costco 100 miles away it's probably not the best idea.

Sure it is! Great deals and Member Only deals online and shipped to your house no problem. Not sure why anyone wouldn't do this even if they just wanted the balls. It pays for itself with savings on all the products.

Heading to the course today, been playing the 4 piece K Sig since they first came out, going to try the 3 piece today, will try and hit both balls on the same shot if it's not too crowded.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Wow...400 pages...amazing.

Played the 3 piece ball today. It's about 35 degrees here in Chicago and the winds were around 10MPH and it was on and off sunny.

Distance with the driver is very comparable to the KSig. The 3 piece seemed to have spun a bit more and flew a higher so downwind shots went 5-10 yards further and into the wind you lost the same or even a bit more. The ball is definitely firmer.

Didn't really notice anything different off of irons or hybrids in terms of distance. Full shots with wedges stopped within 3 feet and I'm not good enough to back the ball up. LIke the ball with chips and putts a lot. I was a fan of the Lethal ball and really enjoyed this ball off the putter face. Had a positive day putting so maybe that helped.

The ball is definitely more durable than the KSig and the ball that was played the entire round showed very minimal signs of wear. I did bounce 1 off a tree but you really couldn't see any marking from that.

In the end after a ton of rounds with the KSig and this round with the K-Trey, I've come to the conclusion that my game isn't good enough to where a ball is going to make a huge difference. Will play both balls just because the golf ball closet is full of Kirkland Signature balls...with another 3 double dozen on the way...yikes.

In the end after a ton of rounds with the KSig and this round with the K-Trey, I've come to the conclusion that my game isn't good enough to where a ball is going to make a huge difference. Will play both balls just because the golf ball closet is full of Kirkland Signature balls...with another 3 double dozen on the way...yikes.

Well said!

I had my first K-Trey round today and liked it. Played well (for me) and excepting for two holes (doubles) I would have shot mid 70's. Anyway...ball...K3 played just as long as any ball I've played off the driver. No issue there. Had three shots, more than normal, where my approach shots wound up over the green. I didn't strike these shots as solidly as I would have liked but my first thoughts is that K3 doesn't spin as much as my normal Z Star. K3 does feel softer than Ksig, but not quite as soft as a Z Star. My personal preference is that Ksig is a little firm, but K3 is fine. At this point I think it's a little lower spinning than some other people's opinions is all. Overall I rate the ball ++.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Just wondering if there is performance differences between the previous k sigs

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Played 18 today in my normal group outing. I played the front 9 with my normal Vice Pro Plus and the back 9 with a KSig. This was my first time playing the KSig and I was impressed. I noticed a slight drop in distance from the Pro Plus to the KSig, but the lack of distance of the KSig wasn't by much and in the end, I really liked the feel of the KSig on and around the greens. The biggest plus for me versus the Pro Plus was the durability of the KSig. 9 holes and my KSig was still in good shape. The Pro Plus did show a lot more wear from wedge shots.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Played the 3 piece for the first time today. Temp was around 70 and a pretty good breeze. Was a little inconsistent with the driver today, but did absolutely nut one about 340, so distance was no issue. I did notice that the ball mostly stopped and had a little roll out, where the 4 piece tends to really bite and back up for me. Overall distance seemed right on par with the 4 piece, and it does feel a little softer off the face on pitches, chips and putts. The cover looked brand new, played all 18 with the same ball, hit a few tress that would tend to leave a scuff on the 4 piece. Overall the best ball for about a buck that I've ever played. Another big winner for Costco.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Played the 3 and 4 piece yesterday in ~35 degrees with 10-15mph gusts. On the 12th tee box I noticed the 4 piece ball I was using was really tore up. It had a couple cracks and wedge marks all over it. The ball did not hit any trees or cart paths, so durability appears to be a real concern (Price alleviates this concern, of course). My primary ball is a Z-Star XV which seem to be invincible, so I could be spoiled by that right now.

I only hit the 3 piece on a few practice shots while my 25 cap buddy hacked it around the course. With a very limited sample size, my first impression is that it feels like a marshmallow compared to the XV or 4 piece.

Played the 3 piece for the first time today. Temp was around 70 and a pretty good breeze. Was a little inconsistent with the driver today, but did absolutely nut one about 340, so distance was no issue. I did notice that the ball mostly stopped and had a little roll out, where the 4 piece tends to really bite and back up for me. Overall distance seemed right on par with the 4 piece, and it does feel a little softer off the face on pitches, chips and putts. The cover looked brand new, played all 18 with the same ball, hit a few tress that would tend to leave a scuff on the 4 piece. Overall the best ball for about a buck that I've ever played. Another big winner for Costco.

Pretty much how I felt as well, except the 340 part. :swoon:

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Played the 3 and 4 piece yesterday in ~35 degrees with 10-15mph gusts. On the 12th tee box I noticed the 4 piece ball I was using was really tore up. It had a couple cracks and wedge marks all over it. The ball did not hit any trees or cart paths, so durability appears to be a real concern (Price alleviates this concern, of course). My primary ball is a Z-Star XV which seem to be invincible, so I could be spoiled by that right now.

I only hit the 3 piece on a few practice shots while my 25 cap buddy hacked it around the course. With a very limited sample size, my first impression is that it feels like a marshmallow compared to the XV or 4 piece.

Curious as to your driver clubhead speed. I'm in the 95-100 mph range and haven't had any issues with balls cracking and we've been playing in 30 degree temps, too.

pretty much all the reviews for the ksig3 are looking good so far especially the no distance lost, durability and one hop stop since i spin the ksig too much with wedges...i'll get my box tomorrow and cant wait to try it out this weekend.

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

Curious as to your driver clubhead speed. I'm in the 95-100 mph range and haven't had any issues with balls cracking and we've been playing in 30 degree temps, too.

I don't know what my driver club head speed is. I recently got fit for irons and my 6/7 iron club head speed average during the fitting on a trackman was 89.8. Maybe my driver speed can be roughly extrapolated from that, not sure.

Curious how many have received 8 dozen ksig4 and another 8 dozen ksig3?

While I haven't received the second set of 4 dozen of each, I do have tracking info on that shipment, which UPS shows having scanned in at their Laurel MD facility. This is actually my third order as I ordered the K-Sig & K-Trey separately last week.