Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

Nike woods, unmarked either miura or mizuno blades and Bridgestone ball. FACT. Seen it with my own eyes 2 weeks ago

so.... are you near Jupiter, or Bluejack ?

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody's guessing at this point but its not like Nike exited equipment 5 years ago. Yes he will have to switch at some point but my guess is he will stay with what he is comfortable with and play the Nike bag until he's been back long enough and makes a determination about how sturdy his back is going to be before he starts mixing the bag up.

makes no sense, why continue using equipment that is no longer supported and why wait to change, he isnt playing a major next week, its the Safeway what better way than to test new equipment.

Everybody's guessing at this point but its not like Nike exited equipment 5 years ago. Yes he will have to switch at some point but my guess is he will stay with what he is comfortable with and play the Nike bag until he's been back long enough and makes a determination about how sturdy his back is going to be before he starts mixing the bag up.

makes no sense, why continue using equipment that is no longer supported and why wait to change, he isnt playing a major next week, its the Safeway what better way than to test new equipment.

Maybe because he rarely changes clubs, and he likes the irons, driver, and ball made exactly and only for him.

I agree this is the time to test, if he had been healthy. But let's assume he's been practicing in full for only a month or two, no need to add another variable.

I love this speculation thread and there is some good info/thoughts. But if you've been on this forum for awhile you'd know he doesn't like to change equipment, has his own ball, his own irons in the shape he prefers, and a completely custom driver with no fancy colors/alignment aids.

With that said, history would say a lot of this is so far out there. He never played the Pro V. He'd dismiss the M1/2(and every other new driver) just on looks or the adjustable hosel.

So I say no chance he changes driver or ball. Very slight chance he changes irons. Wedges can be from anyone as I imagine he wears those out quickly. Putter will be either the 001 or Scotty.

Nike woods, unmarked either miura or mizuno blades and Bridgestone ball. FACT. Seen it with my own eyes 2 weeks ago

you also said that DJ was going to nike in another thread so i'm sure this info is really is FACT, right? gimmie a break.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper (1° weak)

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F (51°), 56F, 60M (59°)

LAB Link

Jones Rover Stand Jet Black

Nike Golf no longer supply equipment, he'd better switch now. If you look at the alternative, he's not going to switch next year before the first major.

He at least has 6 months to figure out the equipment side.

You're assuming he doesn't go out and shoot 80 - I assume he will and he won't even be playing on tour next year. he's given us no reason to think otherwise.

But in what world do you know what's best for Tiger's equipment needs than he does?

Would you tell Lebron James what shoes to wear?

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Why would he test equipment with the lights on when he can do it every day NOT playing in a Pga Tour event?

Let's go ahead and say he knows more about his needs than you ok?

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Paul Casey has a circle T i think.... nearly ever nike staffer is usuing cameron or odyssey now.... which im sure is for the tee up money ..

Casey still using an Origin. Koepka used his method at Ryder cup.

Sorry! no way will the man be playing a Bridgestone ball, he has been using the same Nike ball for around 15 years!

You do know that Bridgestone made the Nike balls for them so Bridgestone looks like a natural to me

Tiger has been using a rzn ball (not made by Bridgestone), not the one tour d. But him switching to Bridgestone balls is probably the most likely out of all of this thread since he said in the past he likes them.

Nike Golf no longer supply equipment, he'd better switch now. If you look at the alternative, he's not going to switch next year before the first major.

You're assuming he doesn't go out and shoot 80 - I assume he will and he won't even be playing on tour next year. he's given us no reason to think otherwise.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-is-flushing-everything-in-practice-sessions-jesper-parnevik-says

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

"Maybe because he rarely changes clubs, and he likes the irons, driver, and ball made exactly and only for him."

That is the most on point comment in this entire thread! He really likes to be the only one with that club or ball--he's a bespoke guy, hates off the rack. That said, he does require support and Nike won't provide that, so he needs a new equipment support group. Bridgestone, Mizuno look most likely because they are small Tour operations that will give him the personal attention he requires and Mizuno already tweeted they are willing to make him a custom set to his liking. Bridgestone would do the same with the golf ball (they have a ton of tour only protos that spin like crazy which he likes). The other thing about Tiger is that he doesn't like to go back (pride thing?). So, I don't see any Titleist products going back in the bag, except maybe a Scotty putter. Driver is a wildcard, but TM is very willing to make tour only one off heads, so it makes sense that will be where he lands, eventually. Wedges probably Callaway--most similar to Clevelands he grew up with...

I'm assuming Tigers back will be all Nike for the foreseeable future until a company can create clubs that meet his requirements.

By the Farmers next year, I bet he doesn't have one Nike club in the bag. Until then, it will be a mix.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

"Maybe because he rarely changes clubs, and he likes the irons, driver, and ball made exactly and only for him."

That is the most on point comment in this entire thread! He really likes to be the only one with that club or ball--he's a bespoke guy, hates off the rack. That said, he does require support and Nike won't provide that, so he needs a new equipment support group. Bridgestone, Mizuno look most likely because they are small Tour operations that will give him the personal attention he requires and Mizuno already tweeted they are willing to make him a custom set to his liking. Bridgestone would do the same with the golf ball (they have a ton of tour only protos that spin like crazy which he likes). The other thing about Tiger is that he doesn't like to go back (pride thing?). So, I don't see any Titleist products going back in the bag, except maybe a Scotty putter. Driver is a wildcard, but TM is very willing to make tour only one off heads, so it makes sense that will be where he lands, eventually. Wedges probably Callaway--most similar to Clevelands he grew up with...

J15 muscle backs don't look a million miles away from the original Nike forged blades

Nike Vapor Pro - D+ 70g S
Callaway XHot 4 wood, PXv stiff
Callaway X2Hot 20,23 Hybrids Tour green S
Srixon Z755 4-PW Modus 3 120S
Callaway X-Tour 52 &58
Scotty Cameron Select M2

So what wedges was he using? Putter? If irons were unmarked (unstamped?) how do you know who manufactured them?

Considering the condition of competition, would seem that any irons he puts into play would require some distinguishing markings, no matter how small, to show that particular set was one tested to be compliant with groove rule.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

But in what world do you know what's best for Tiger's equipment needs than he does?

Would you tell Lebron James what shoes to wear?

I HAVE talked to LeBron about which shoes to wear. I recommended Sketchers.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I just hope he gets a really high bounce wedge with a wide sole so he doesn't Chili-dip too many of them. :)

These rumors may or may not be true (obviously) but they seem like they make sense. Probably either some old Nike wedges or maybe Bob Vokey hooked him up. The putter will be interesting.

Although there were Miura rumors....................

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Sorry! no way will the man be playing a Bridgestone ball, he has been using the same Nike ball for around 15 years!

You do know that Bridgestone made the Nike balls for them so Bridgestone looks like a natural to me

I received some sort of a survey a few days ago. It was about golf balls. The last question was - if Tiger played a Bridgestone golf ball, would I be more likely, less likely, or no difference in my playing a Bridgestone golf ball. I answered no difference. But it appeared that the survey was designed to measure any influence Tiger might have on Bridgestone ball popularity.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I received some sort of a survey a few days ago. It was about golf balls. The last question was - if Tiger played a Bridgestone golf ball, would I be more likely, less likely, or no difference in my playing a Bridgestone golf ball. I answered no difference. But it appeared that the survey was designed to measure any influence Tiger might have on Bridgestone ball popularity.

That's very interesting. Bridgestone maybe doing some market research to see how much they're going to have to ramp up production?

So "the oven" has forging presses on site and manufacturing plant or is it just design and finishing area.....when every manufacturer has clubs made overseas... it would be shocking that nike does it here in US....you don't have to be an expert it's pretty common knowledge this is what golf club companies do and have been doing for along time

There are quite a few tour pros using a Bridgestone golf ball and we do not really know about, I think the same with Srixon. A lot of Ping staffers use a Srixon ball, and on the LPGA, Stacy Lewis, Lexi Thompson and Karrie Webb all have been using a Bridgestone ball. They just don't have patches all over their bodies showing it, except for Webb. Even Bryson D. I don't think has a Bridgestone logo anywhere and he has a big contract with them. It wouldn't be a shock at all if Tiger ends up playing a Bridgestone ball.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Ping I230 4 - PW| TT DG 105 S300

Cleveland RTX4 50* & 56*| KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

What's the rumor going around? TW and some other investors considering putting a bid in for TMAG?

Saw it on youtube so it must be true :pimp:

That might explain the TM driver?

Titleist TSR3 9* 1K stiff

Titleist TS2 Hy 18* Evenflow stiff

W/S C300 Forged 4-GW Pro Modus 120 S

W/S Staff wedges 52*/56* Pro Modus 120 S

Cameron Futura 38" CB

Wilson Triad/Pro V1