2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Saw some new Callaway Woods last night (The Epic Thread)

jimpsycho

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it up man, your posts are horrible.

Shockingly.. I actually like the way this looks.. not a fan of green but the rest looks pretty cool. The new M1 looks a lot like a Cobra driver to me.

Mine are horrible? I responded to your buddy about his objection to using colors. Guess that makes it horrible! There actually are people that do like different colors

I'm not a big Callaway fan but like that they went back to using this color combo

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Shockingly.. I actually like the way this looks.. not a fan of green but the rest looks pretty cool. The new M1 looks a lot like a Cobra driver to me.

Mine are horrible? I responded to your buddy about his objection to using colors. Guess that makes it horrible! There actually are people that do like different colors

I'm not a big Callaway fan but like that they went back to using this color combo

Not just this one.. all the other butt hurt Nike posts across multiple threads, just not a good look on you (or anyone, in general). ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

...back to your regular scheduled thread ---

I like the colors honestly -- but I think i'll have to hit it against my SZ to be sure it's as solid as it is cool.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

For the people mentioning the jailbreak dots...are you referring to, what appears to be, the silver flathead screws? Are these removable (weights)?

The screws are not removable. They are there to stabilize the clubface during impact and prevent deflection. Resulting on what Callaway says is an additional 2 mph ball speed increase.

Just got to hit both Epic models. They are SOLID.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Not just this one.. all the other butt hurt Nike posts across multiple threads, just not a good look on you (or anyone, in general). ;)

I agree on two points

1. This GBB Epic looks pretty cool / high end, well done Cally

2. Why are the most negative people on the board Nike fanatics like Kylekoz?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Nike golf is dead.... Don't even reply to or read these posts anymore.... Just scroll over them like they are junk advertisement on the screen.

Nice! How does it look at address? Is the crown CF?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Just got the Fusion and LOVE IT. That's not to say I wouldn't pick up an EPIC too (because I am an equipment whore).

TaylorMade SIM2 Max Driver, VA Composites VYLYN 65 S

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 3 Fairway, Ventus FW 6-S

TaylorMade SIM2 3 Rescue, Tensei AV Raw Blue S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

great points on questioning my line of thinking - and i'm not for one second saying that i ENJOYED the way the red / blue looked. perhaps my eyes have been opened... i feel that these OEM's just don't get it...NIKE out of business why? Consumers - the traditional consumer thought it looked stupid and didn't perform. Titleist (only naming one OEM) stuck with traditional and added technology - traditional consumer purchased. Callaway made some more traditional drivers too - with appropriate color schemes.

CLASSIC look with GREAT technology. Kermit green is not world breaking - its retreading a color used on a so so driver from the past. Callaway has produced GOOD drivers / some GREAT drivers - but none of which had green on the club head.

give the engineers a raise - put the guy who chose green on notice. THIS IS PREMIUM driver.

This year I went GBB to Cobra King LTD to Sub Zero back to GBB. I didn't hit the Epic GBB, just the Epic SZ and found, for me( better clarify this as much as possible around here), that the Epic SZ is on par with my OG GBB in the ease of hitting the ball. I will say the set up is very solid at address and the sound and feel are very solid, more SZ or Fusion than GBB. I saw better ball speeds by a couple mph over my GBB set up when I hit about 10 balls with the Epic SZ w/stock shaft, which was a touch weak for me. Either way, it will be tested more thoroughly once we get the heads in the shop....along with the Epic SZ Fw which will be great competition with my 816 Alpha which I love!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

...did you just say "Epic SZ FW" ????

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Nice! How does it look at address? Is the crown CF?

What is CF?

Carbon Fiber

Crown and two areas on the sole are the Triaxial Carbon used in the Fusion driver and Sub Zero, I believe.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

perhaps my eyes have been opened...

This is refreshing to hear, after four years :fool: I'm not a huge fan of the green at all.. but I don't see the green from address (hopefully) so I don't care that much. Everything else looks really cool, the fit and finish look top quality, love the CF accents and the incorporation of the tech. Knowing that a friend of mine on tour has already validated this driver says more than the accent color on the sole. Hearing guys justify red or blue headed drivers that straight up didn't perform for anyone other than Rory McIlroy or guys with big shoe collections is a much different story than this one from Callaway. I've never been a huge Callaway fan, but this one is definitely on my radar.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Actually I 'Typed it'...but same thing...might have mentioned that....yeah.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

For the people mentioning the jailbreak dots...are you referring to, what appears to be, the silver flathead screws? Are these removable (weights)?

They are not removable weights. It's actually a stabilizing technology for the face. I've seen and hit all the new models and don't want to give too much information away before it's made official and public, but it's amazing and game changing. I'm a bit of a trackman junky when it comes to my driver launch numbers and they're unbelievable.

It is going to be available in lefty.

They are not removable weights. It's actually a stabilizing technology for the face. I've seen and hot all the new models and don't want to give too much information away before it's made official and public, but it's amazing and game changing. I'm a bit of a trackman junky when it comes to my driver launch numbers and they're unbelievable.

... But will I Get 17 more yards over M1.....???

great points on questioning my line of thinking - and i'm not for one second saying that i ENJOYED the way the red / blue looked. perhaps my eyes have been opened... i feel that these OEM's just don't get it...NIKE out of business why? Consumers - the traditional consumer thought it looked stupid and didn't perform. Titleist (only naming one OEM) stuck with traditional and added technology - traditional consumer purchased. Callaway made some more traditional drivers too - with appropriate color schemes.

CLASSIC look with GREAT technology. Kermit green is not world breaking - its retreading a color used on a so so driver from the past. Callaway has produced GOOD drivers / some GREAT drivers - but none of which had green on the club head.

give the engineers a raise - put the guy who chose green on notice. THIS IS PREMIUM driver.

There ya go swany!! I haven't seen the Epic in person but from those that have the crown isn't green so don't worry. Just an accent color.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

This is refreshing to hear, after four years :fool: I'm not a huge fan of the green at all.. but I don't see the green from address (hopefully) so I don't care that much. Everything else looks really cool, the fit and finish look top quality, love the CF accents and the incorporation of the tech. Knowing that a friend of mine on tour has already validated this driver says more than the accent color on the sole. Hearing guys justify red or blue headed drivers that straight up didn't perform for anyone other than Rory McIlroy or guys with big shoe collections is a much different story than this one from Callaway. I've never been a huge Callaway fan, but this one is definitely on my radar.

I played Callaway for years. It was my driver of choice. I would like to see the quality of the engineering, materials and technology highlighted / compliment the color and graphics.

Having heard from multiple people it is a game changer - I want to like it. Off looks I don't from the sole color and graphics.

Tai...remember how expensive and detailed the red paint was for Nike....it was premium in process. Yet......it didn't fly. Green is the same. That's why people will play the underperforming 913/915 over it....

Actually I 'Typed it'...but same thing...might have mentioned that....yeah.

tumblr_mn2x890NjM1qk6zdio1_400.gif

...elaborate man, c'mon!

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

They are not removable weights. It's actually a stabilizing technology for the face. I've seen and hot all the new models and don't want to give too much information away before it's made official and public, but it's amazing and game changing. I'm a bit of a trackman junky when it comes to my driver launch numbers and they're unbelievable.

If you use a 47" shaft and hit dead center? The technology for this driver is going to optimize stability across the face. I've never been impressed by the M1 because the dispersion for me is a bit inconsistent.

If you use a 47" shaft and hit dead center? The technology for this driver is going to optimize stability across the face. I've never been impressed by the M1 because the dispersion for me is a bit inconsistent.

I played Callaway for years. It was my driver of choice. I would like to see the quality of the engineering, materials and technology highlighted / compliment the color and graphics.

Having heard from multiple people it is a game changer - I want to like it. Off looks I don't from the sole color and graphics.

Tai...remember how expensive and detailed the red paint was for Nike....it was premium in process. Yet......it didn't fly. Green is the same. That's why people will play the underperforming 913/915 over it....

I don't think the crown will be green and who cares what it looks like underneath? You don't see it when swinging the club. :)

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

You will be able to "U-design" the coloring, but obviously at a cost. Being a Callaway guy, I'm not big on the green either but I don't care if the whole head is purple and orange if it helps me find the fairway and puts the shortest club possible in my hands to make approach shots.