2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TIGER WITHDRAWN DESERT CLASSIC

Dude is trying to come back....we are too hard on someone with the recent medical history he has sustained and rehabbed from. It is at least a 4 month sharpening process; dude is a victim of his own success and frankly we are piler oners since were saying the best ever is done at 41. We dont know his workload capability but neither does he - yet. Perhaps he can handle every other week done properly and perhaps hell get more in tune and better body stamina as he plays himself into full tour wokaholic top tier player shape, but to think the beginning is the end is not good math by my calculations without more evidence.

Problem is ....he lies alot and chicken little has the past history working against him (pride can do that to a person).

I wish him the best and LOVE what he brings to the game, haters and fanboys alike...its somehow electric.

- NOTE TO TIGER(if you are not Tiger please do not read beyond this point): Look man you were short with EVERY iron and missing fairways BOTH way with the big dog; smoke the three wood choke down and take more club to get a comfortable rhythm then go max yardage on irons; protect par for now cuz your playing as if you have your full game and you know you dont. Protect par to -2/3 and ease into trying to birdie everything - treat it like your schedule; you didnt sign up for 8 weeks in a row schedule right? What the hell on gods green earth would make you think you would walk back out and go back on your old birdie schedule? Less is more pimpin - for now

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think about it, it is best for golf if he doesn't play anymore. Now we can get a fair view of all the players on tour not just Tiger Woods. There are some great up-and-coming young players who I would rather see than Tiger Woods.

I totally respect your opinion but it TW retires do you think that the 297th ranked guy will get more TV time? Nothing much will change except fewer tickets sold and lower TV ratings at certain tour stops. The idea that TW is holding golf back somehow is crazy talk.....in my humble opinion.

They won't show the nobody about to not make the cut but they will show more live coverage of guys a lot further up the leaderboard once they stop cutting to every moment of Tiger's 77. For any sport to thrive it needs to promote a host of top players and constantly be replenishing that stock of recognizable faces.

I get that 100% and I wont argue with anything you said. TW is the needle and it behooves any business to give the people what they want. Judging by gallery size, ticket sales, and ratings the people still want to see TW. His fans wanna see him, and those that want to see him fail tune in so they can come here with fresh not so funny material. REAL golf fans like you sir, sorry to say but you get the shaft.

Either way Tiger deserves to play or retire on his own terms.

If you think about it, it is best for golf if he doesn't play anymore. Now we can get a fair view of all the players on tour not just Tiger Woods. There are some great up-and-coming young players who I would rather see than Tiger Woods.

I totally respect your opinion but it TW retires do you think that the 297th ranked guy will get more TV time? Nothing much will change except fewer tickets sold and lower TV ratings at certain tour stops. The idea that TW is holding golf back somehow is crazy talk.....in my humble opinion.

They won't show the nobody about to not make the cut but they will show more live coverage of guys a lot further up the leaderboard once they stop cutting to every moment of Tiger's 77. For any sport to thrive it needs to promote a host of top players and constantly be replenishing that stock of recognizable faces.

I get that 100% and I wont argue with anything you said. TW is the needle and it behooves any business to give the people what they want. Judging by gallery size, ticket sales, and ratings the people still want to see TW. His fans wanna see him, and those that want to see him fail tune in so they can come here with fresh not so funny material. REAL golf fans like you sir, sorry to say but you get the shaft.

Either way Tiger deserves to play or retire on his own terms.

Yes, I agree the interest is yuge ; )

But, and I say this as the president of the TW fan club, it's becoming disruptive. It's not benefiting the fans, the game, or even himself.

What's the point of playing if you're playing in fear that any second your back will blow up? You can't play golf like that and it's no way to live.

Take all the time you need until you can show up and get the job done right without having to go home early.

Source is telling me that a Major press conference is in the works for TW retirement. ....breaking news!

Pat du drugs too apparently.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I am curious as to why Tiger would tee it up with his back in the condition that it is (or rather was in round 1). It seems more rehab would be in order versus the rigors of the tour life. UNLESS what we are seeing now with the back is as good as it's going to get. And if that's the case, it's hard to ever see him playing at a high level again.

I am curious as to why Tiger would tee it up with his back in the condition that it is (or rather was in round 1). It seems more rehab would be in order versus the rigors of the tour life. UNLESS what we are seeing now with the back is as good as it's going to get. And if that's the case, it's hard to ever see him playing at a high level again.

He got a lot of money to go over there. Somehow before Tiger teed it up for round 1, he hurt his back. Felt like he owed the tournament to gut it out.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Smart WD, 36 mph winds and pretty bad conditions and imagine him trying to play as many as 31 holes tomorrow? No way and not reasonable to think he would or should.

I pray I never have debilitating back pain and feel for any golfer or anyone else who does.

How people second guess and just plain enjoy his situation is strange - sad actually, but water will continue to be wet.

He got a lot of money to go over there. Somehow before Tiger teed it up for round 1, he hurt his back. Felt like he owed the tournament to gut it out.

I understand the appearance fee issue. But to me the guy didn't look right at La Jolla or quite frankly even at the Hero. Yes it appeared to be markedly worse at the DDC and it even sounded like to me after his MC at La Jolla that he was dreading this trip. So he may have known the risk he was taking and I guess I'm disappointed that chasing an appearance fee would cloud his judgment after all the talk of patience regarding his rehab. I think he committed to the 4 tourneys in 5 weeks and wanted to follow through on that to prove he was healthy. That schedule and the Dubai trip in particular didn't seem to jive with the "patience" he wanted to show in his comeback.

Source is telling me that a Major press conference is in the works for TW retirement. ....breaking news!

cat_zpsdmonw5vv.jpg

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Have to wonder what his end game is here. I am guessing he had these back spasms while rehabbing and then eventually practicing. Did he just take those days off and put down the clubs for a few days? Is he just hoping to string together four feel good days and rounds so he can put together a good showing before calling it a career?

Full disclosure: I don't have any back problems so I don't know how it normally works.

Have to wonder what his end game is here. I am guessing he had these back spasms while rehabbing and then eventually practicing. Did he just take those days off and put down the clubs for a few days? Is he just hoping to string together four feel good days and rounds so he can put together a good showing before calling it a career?

Full disclosure: I don't have any back problems so I don't know how it normally works.

Consider yourself lucky my friend

Pro golfers don't really announce retirements. It's not like other sports where you're either in a contract with a team or you're out. There's nothing in it for Tiger (or any other aging golfer) to announce such a thing and slam the door on a possible future, even if he is feeling hopeless at the moment. A lot of wishful thinking and projecting in this thread. Just because you would pack it in at the first signs of struggle doesn't mean Tiger Woods will.

If Phil wins the US Open this year and Jordan Spieth wins the other three majors...........will people just forget about a Tiger comeback finally?

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Tiger is all about himself. Tiger does whatever it takes to make himself a news story. The media and Tiger lovers just keep eating it up. The dolts can't get enough of Tiger. When will these imbecilic people ever learn?

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

Tiger is all about himself. Tiger does whatever it takes to make himself a news story. The media and Tiger lovers just keep eating it up. The dolts can't get enough of Tiger. When will these imbecilic people ever learn?

LOL, the "post" Tiger generation is coming of age. Some never understood

Beatlemania either.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

He's not hurt. Spasm excuse was a cop out for not wanting to play in terrible conditions, with no chance to make the cut and only embarrass himself.

Why the media is acting like he's really hurt is a head scratcher. Hopefully Brandel rakes his Word not allowed over the coals for this pathetic display of sportsmanship to his fellow competitors. This clown show needs to quit flying from event to event if he's not going to take the event seriously.

He's not hurt. Spasm excuse was a cop out for not wanting to play in terrible conditions, with no chance to make the cut and only embarrass himself.

Why the media is acting like he's really hurt is a head scratcher. Hopefully Brandel rakes his Word not allowed over the coals for this pathetic display of sportsmanship to his fellow competitors. This clown show needs to quit flying from event to event if he's not going to take the event seriously.

Tiger looked hurt from the first tee shot. You think he was faking injury from the first tee?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna