2017 World Golf Championships - Match Play

NaBUru38

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Dj hitting soul cycle x2 during the week , all that golf and hitting the work out, beast mode

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I know the trend has been for the hot guy to cool off, but I get the feeling DJ might not at least not for awhile.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Rahm up to #14 in the OWGR ... and he's only played 19 events !

If you divide actual points by actual events played, rather than the minimum 40 event divisor, he's actually in 2nd ... ahead of McIlroy ... 9.54 per event played.

DJ pulling ahead of the pack now ... 12.80 vs McIlroy 9.01 ... McIlroy, Spieth and Day need to pick it up LOL.

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

Golf is dying without tiger! Isn't it?��

Dying, no. But to be fair, there was no more than 50-100 people in this thread all day. The effect isn't the same.

Right now we have a bunch of guys playing great golf. There's not A guy. It remains to be seen if DJ or anyone else for that matter can be THE guy.

He already is and has been for 18 months

I think by THE guy he meant like Jack, Tiger, Hogan, Jones..

The next THE guy hasn't come yet, and you'll know it when he does. Like the last two THE guys, you'll probably know it when he's somewhere around 15 yrs old, not 32 years old, not even at 22 yrs old.

Dying, no. But to be fair, there was no more than 50-100 people in this thread all day. The effect isn't the same.

Right now we have a bunch of guys playing great golf. There's not A guy. It remains to be seen if DJ or anyone else for that matter can be THE guy.

I think by THE guy he meant like Jack, Tiger, Hogan, Jones..

The next THE guy hasn't come yet, and you'll know it when he does. Like the last two THE guys, you'll probably know it when he's somewhere around 15 yrs old, not 32 years old, not even at 22 yrs old.

THE guy will be doing well if he wins more than six tournaments in 9 months, including 3 WGCs and a major. Should have also won the Fed-Ex Cup jackpot but for Rory's heroics.

Final match didn't provide much entertainment for me. But at least i got to laugh at "Jake the Fake" when he tried to make excuses for Rahm ramming a long putt well off the green. After Jacobsen finished his smarmy little spiel, Johnny told us the reality, saying "that's the worst putt Rahm would in a hundred tries". Peter Jacobsen needs to find another job. I think he brings a pretty good NBC team down a full notch. At least they got rid of "Jakes Takes", which was pure putridity.

I disagree. Jason Day would too.

Jason would have to play and play as well to to have a say

18 months ago it was Spieth. 6 months ago it was Day.

DJ is definitely the man to beat right now, just like Jason Day was the man to beat last year and Jordan Spieth was the man to beat in 2015 and McIlroy was the man to beat in 2014.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

It would be interesting to see how the sales of the M1 and M2 do this week.

Or the golf balls...

Nobody buys TM balls.. ask anybody who works in proshops. They arrogantly ask retailers to sell them at the same price as prov1s...

The TP ball is superior to the ProV IMO.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

....and in 6-9 months it'll be someone else. That is how golf is made up now. There is no one consistent dominant golfer. Most of the big names have a run before they slide off. Hideki Matsuyama. Anyone remember him? He was a world beater at the beginning of the season. Now he's back to being just a guy.

The point is, this thing is cyclical now. There's not a "next one" yet, and IMO, there won't be one for quite some time. I used to think there might not be another guy, but after a debate on it on this very board, I've come off that stance. But I don't believe that kid is playing golf yet. Heck, he may not be born yet.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Or the golf balls...

Nobody buys TM balls.. ask anybody who works in proshops. They arrogantly ask retailers to sell them at the same price as prov1s...

Well the TP5 is pretty beast! Shot -1 with it the first round out. :taunt:

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

....and in 6-9 months it'll be someone else. That is how golf is made up now. There is no one consistent dominant golfer. Most of the big names have a run before they slide off. Hideki Matsuyama. Anyone remember him? He was a world beater at the beginning of the season. Now he's back to being just a guy.

The point is, this thing is cyclical now. There's not a "next one" yet, and IMO, there won't be one for quite some time. I used to think there might not be another guy, but after a debate on it on this very board, I've come off that stance. But I don't believe that kid is playing golf yet. Heck, he may not be born yet.

DJ's wedges let him down in the final match and he lipped out like four putts and that was still enough to win, I think that says a lot. The thing that really separated Tiger or Jack from your typical top-10-in-the-world golfers was that they didn't need their A game to win most of the time. I'm not saying DJ is in that category but I think he could get closer than anyone else playing right now.

LOL DJ has an incredible run of dominance over the last 2 months and a "well nobody's as good as Tiger" narrative has broken out in a thread about a tournament which his participation in amounts to possibly watching it on TV in a horizontal position.

Guys, Tiger was AMAZING, depending on your perspective, he's one of the 2 best of all time. His legacy isn't threatened by someone else being good now.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

LOL DJ has an incredible run of dominance over the last 2 months and a "well nobody's as good as Tiger" narrative has broken out in a thread about a tournament which his participation in amounts to possibly watching it on TV in a horizontal position.

Guys, Tiger was AMAZING, depending on your perspective, he's one of the 2 best of all time. His legacy isn't threatened by someone else being good now.

I don't think anyone is saying that [Fill in the blank] isn't as good as Tiger. I feel that I'm not; you might disagree. But recent history has demonstrated that there's no "guy." There are a bunch of guys. That's not a bad thing, but every few weeks there is a statement whether it's here or on TV that, "This guy is the next best thing! He's a world beater!" Then they fizzle out. Until someone can show the world where they can win 4, 5, 6 times a year, every year, the standard, real or perceived, isn't met. Even using Phil as an example. Still competing at a high level, for 3 1/2 rounds. None of that translated into a win since 2013. We say all the time, there are too many good players playing right at this very moment. There's not one dominant golfer. DJ appears to be trending that way. But again, recent history says, these guys eventually level off and someone else takes a turn.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Or the golf balls...

Unless there is a Woot deal on practice balls.

Lies!!!

Same company Makes the infamous KSig.....TM balls are the hottest subject in golf!!! :taunt:

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

DJ is definitely the man to beat right now, just like Jason Day was the man to beat last year and Jordan Spieth was the man to beat in 2015 and McIlroy was the man to beat in 2014.

Next year may be Rahmbo's year...those drives on 12 and 13! Especially 13...into the wind!

he needs to feel major pressure in a major, on the back 9. rarely can you do it early in your career. we have 4 coming up, i think he threatens, but does not win.

DJ wins Green Jacket.

btw, what happened to Willet's game............one and done.

Next year may be Rahmbo's year...those drives on 12 and 13! Especially 13...into the wind!

he needs to feel major pressure in a major, on the back 9. rarely can you do it early in your career. we have 4 coming up, i think he threatens, but does not win.

DJ wins Green Jacket.

Willett shouldn't have won the Masters. Just got lucky from Jordan dipping his balls in the water(LOL)

DJ wins Green Jacket.

Willett shouldn't have won the Masters. Just got lucky from Jordan dipping his balls in the water(LOL)

Lol. But c'mon now. Danny was playing well leading into the Masters and was just coming off a career year where he narrowly lost the Race to Dubai to Rory. It's just the inevitable pressure that comes from winning big time cutlery, plus having a newborn. I expect him to bounce back sooner than later

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

JM quote of the week "I never remove my cap before the ball is in the hole.", or something like that.

I preferred after Bill Haas bounced his tee shot off the side of the hill on #11, down to the hole, and they were saying imagine if it went in:

"That's the hole in one a 20 cap makes"

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

DJ wins Green Jacket.

Lol. But c'mon now. Danny was playing well leading into the Masters and was just coming off a career year where he narrowly lost the Race to Dubai to Rory. It's just the inevitable pressure that comes from winning big time cutlery, plus having a newborn. I expect him to bounce back sooner than later

Thats fair. He's a dang good golfer. Im just still bitter over the collapse.

I have really became a huge DJ fan over the past couple of years. On any topics about him you will see praises over how calm and level he can be on the course no matter what is going on followed by insults over his perceived level of intelligence based on his interviews after the round.

It is simply his personality and I guarantee someone playing at that level doesn't lack intelligence. His calmness in the face of adversity comes from his laid back personality.