Tensei Pro White Hybrid Reviews? Or other suggestions?

hardcaliber

Does anyone have any experience with this shaft, in particular the 90 S model?

I'm looking for a change from the VTS silver i've been using for the past few years, trying to get some tighter dispersion with a more solid feel.

The VTS is only a regular flex in 85 gram weight, so I'm a little concerned about the tensei white being too stiff, especially since i'm not a big swinger at all. The funny thing is, my only other experience in the Tensei line is the Pro Blue driver shaft in 6S, and that thing felt like a noodle. I'm wondering if the tensei line plays a little soft to flex?

For further reference, I play the project x lz 5.5 in irons, and the Diamana x'17 70S for my fairway wood.

Any other hybrid shaft recommendations that would blend well with the project x lz irons? How about Diamana Thump? Or maybe Even Flow Black?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

I tried the Tensei Pro White 95x and I found it very stout and low launching. For me it was almost pointless for my hybrid cause it wasn't giving me a ball flight that would be useful for coming into a green. I went back to using my Tour AD DI 95x, but then got a Even flow black 85g 6.5 and I have to say I think its a great hybrid shaft. I get a good mid trajectory out of it, little lower than the Tour AD but I don't get that somewhat lose feeling at the bottom that I got with the Tour AD but at the same time it is a very smooth feeling shaft.

For reference I play Project X 6.5's in my irons and I did use a Pro White 70 TX in my driver a few years ago with good success.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

The Pro White 90S is what kept hybrid in my bag. I was having launch and control issues with the stock recoil in my Epic, tried a driving iron in place, was also inconsistent. I found a great deal on the Pro White, slapped it in, may never, ever leave my bag. It just wants to go straight with a nice medium trajectory, and is so easy from the rough.

I highly recommend this shaft.

I play LZ 6.0 in my irons.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I tried the Tensei Pro White 95x and I found it very stout and low launching. For me it was almost pointless for my hybrid cause it wasn't giving me a ball flight that would be useful for coming into a green. I went back to using my Tour AD DI 95x, but then got a Even flow black 85g 6.5 and I have to say I think its a great hybrid shaft. I get a good mid trajectory out of it, little lower than the Tour AD but I don't get that somewhat lose feeling at the bottom that I got with the Tour AD but at the same time it is a very smooth feeling shaft.

For reference I play Project X 6.5's in my irons and I did use a Pro White 70 TX in my driver a few years ago with good success.

Thanks for sharing. I look for the same things in a hybrid. I don’t see the point in hitting low bullets they don’t hold the green. My home course requires me to hit high and land soft.

I’m probably leaning towards the evenflow black or the tensei pro blue.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

The hzrdous is probably the lowest launching hybrid shaft out of everything he mentioned. Unless he has a ss 120 I doubt the 105x is something he is looking to hit high into greens

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

The hzrdous is probably the lowest launching hybrid shaft out of everything he mentioned. Unless he has a ss 120 I doubt the 105x is something he is looking to hit high into greens

Well I didn't say he had to get the 105's. Just providing an example of what a couple of the tour guys are using.

No one that I know of is using the Tensei White hybrid on tour. All the same I'm sure it's an excellent shaft.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Well I didn't say he had to get the 105's. Just providing an example of what a couple of the tour guys are using.

No one that I know of is using the Tensei White hybrid on tour. All the same I'm sure it's an excellent shaft.

Tiger just out one in his UDI, which means we all have to!

OP - I have the HZRDUS Black in a UDI and it is stout but not in a bad way. I do prefer the feel of the Tensei White Hybrid though and will get it for my next UDI

Appreciate the input. I hadn't really been considering the HZRDUS due its reputation as a big hitters shaft, but I'll be tinkering with hybrids over the next few months while its too hot to actually play any golf in texas. I might as well get my hands on one and give it a go as well. I like stable shafts but don't swing that fast, so it's all about finding the right head to help with spin and launch so I can choose the shaft based mostly on feel.

Gonna get an assortment of left over cult classic Adams heads in a bunch of different lofts and try out all kinds of pairings. If I can find a really trustworthy hybrid for long par 3's or long approach shots, I think it will really take my game to the next level.

Appreciate the input. I hadn't really been considering the HZRDUS due its reputation as a big hitters shaft, but I'll be tinkering with hybrids over the next few months while its too hot to actually play any golf in texas. I might as well get my hands on one and give it a go as well. I like stable shafts but don't swing that fast, so it's all about finding the right head to help with spin and launch so I can choose the shaft based mostly on feel.

Gonna get an assortment of left over cult classic Adams heads in a bunch of different lofts and try out all kinds of pairings. If I can find a really trustworthy hybrid for long par 3's or long approach shots, I think it will really take my game to the next level.

The favorites that I've tried are the GD AD DI hybrid shaft, Tensei white and HZRDUS. Different feels but I'm not sure I've ever been that picky overall regarding shaft feel. The smoothest was the AD DI. Most stable feeling to me was the black.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I hated the pro white hybrid in 90tx and 100tx. Both wanted to go left and felt terrible. I play the pro white 70tx in driver adn 80tx in 3w and its my most favorite shaft of all time. Personally i love the Hzrdus black 85x and 105x hybrid shafts. They launch higher than the pro white and feel 10x better

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

my P790 3i is one of the most dependable clubs in my bag off the tee (pro white hybrid 90TX) -- i have it bent 1* flat and 2* weak b/c it was coming out a touch low for my liking. it now flies as high, or as low as i want it with less left.

as albatross noted - it likes right to left shape BUT i think it's b/c the shaft is stout enough that there isn't a whole heck of a lot of toe droop through impact. the flatter lie angle fixed it for me and now i can hit both left/right and right/left shots.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I think the Pro White is more tuned toward that person who (1) has an ample amount of swing speed and (2) does not need any help elevating the ball from the tee/fairway.

I loved it, but that being said it is quite stout (I had 90TX in a P790 3i). I found myself getting lazy from time to time and not producing the results I wanted. But when I caught it I could easily fly it 250+.

Now I play the Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Graphite Design AD 95X and it's higher launching, slightly shorter, and easier to swing.

The Tensei line definitely doesn't play soft to flex. The blue is without a doubt the "softest" and smoothest shaft they have out. The Pro White is a cannon, but requires you to understand the feel of the shaft. It has a softer butt section which means if you do load the shaft, you'll feel that load right below your hands. Some people (like longtime Whiteboard players) love it - some people who are used to a mid or low kick point can't time it as well because the release takes some getting used to.

I think the Pro White is more tuned toward that person who (1) has an ample amount of swing speed and (2) does not need any help elevating the ball from the tee/fairway.

I loved it, but that being said it is quite stout (I had 90TX in a P790 3i). I found myself getting lazy from time to time and not producing the results I wanted. But when I caught it I could easily fly it 250+.

Now I play the Vapor Fly Pro 3i w/ Graphite Design AD 95X and it's higher launching, slightly shorter, and easier to swing.

The Tensei line definitely doesn't play soft to flex. The blue is without a doubt the "softest" and smoothest shaft they have out. The Pro White is a cannon, but requires you to understand the feel of the shaft. It has a softer butt section which means if you do load the shaft, you'll feel that load right below your hands. Some people (like longtime Whiteboard players) love it - some people who are used to a mid or low kick point can't time it as well because the release takes some getting used to.

The load in the hands took me by surprise the first time I swung the White. It was a "what the hell?" moment. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, not at all. Just didn't expect to feel the shaft load that much that high.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Try the VA Composites Raijin if you can find one. Really nice. I have the Tensei Pro White in my 4 wood and it's great but I don't swing as aggressively with irons and hybrids as I do with woods so like more of a mid-launch shaft in those.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

If you like mid launching shafts try also the Tensei pro blue. I find that I am so used to and prefer mid kick shafts, that switching profiles causes my swing to get wacky. I loved the Evenflow Black smoothness and the numbers I got, but I was so inconsistent with it because my timing felt terrible due to how the shaft loads compared to something with a lower kick point.

Lastly, I think the Aldila 2KXV Blue comes in a 90g hybrid variant. Love this shaft in my 3w, also putting one in the driver next week.

I did buy a tour issue aldila green 100tx shaft brand new on eBay for like $39 that i built with a callaway apex hybrid. Very good shaft. More of a linear load. Mid flight and mid spin. Very easy to work both ways.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

It seems like overall there isn't a ton of love for the tensei white hybrid, for various reasons.

Seems like there is a lot of love out there for hzrdus and a lot of love for Tour AD-DI as well. I have some experience with the Tour AD-DI in 85 gram. I though it felt pretty decent, but nothing too extraordinary. Can anyone comment on difference between the 85 and 95 gram versions of Tour AD-DI. Does the profile or stiffness change much?

It seems like overall there isn't a ton of love for the tensei white hybrid, for various reasons.

Seems like there is a lot of love out there for hzrdus and a lot of love for Tour AD-DI as well. I have some experience with the Tour AD-DI in 85 gram. I though it felt pretty decent, but nothing too extraordinary. Can anyone comment on difference between the 85 and 85 gram versions of Tour AD-DI. Does the profile or stiffness change much?

I have had the Di 85 stiff in my bag for roughly the last 18 months. I originally had the 85 x also. I ended up tipping the 85 stiff an inch and it turned the flight a little bit flatter and dropped the spin a little bit also. I chose the stiff tipped an inch over the x just for the feel. I just think it feels much better with the flight of the x... The x in the 85 with no tipping, was stout feeling to me. I had zero issue getting it through, I just didn’t care for the feel of it.Not sure if this will help you. I will say without tipping the stiff felt loose to me. I currently have another 85 Stiff that I kept long to stick in a driving iron or hybrid.

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

I put Tensei white 90s M3 hybrids in my bag. Result of a fitting. I've been hitting them super straight and launching high enough to hold greens.

[color=#0000ff]Titleist TSR3 8*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Callaway Epic SZ 15*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Taylormade M3 Hybrids 17, 21[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Srixon ZX Utility 23[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Bridgestone 221CB 6-PW[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Miura 50, 54, 58C - KBS Tour[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Byron Morgan DH89[/color]

Seems like there is a lot of love out there for hzrdus and a lot of love for Tour AD-DI as well. I have some experience with the Tour AD-DI in 85 gram. I though it felt pretty decent, but nothing too extraordinary. Can anyone comment on difference between the 85 and 95 gram versions of Tour AD-DI. Does the profile or stiffness change much?

The TX version is a tighter and lower spin profile than the other flexes which makes it suited more to high ball hitters and power players. The standard model that you'll find in Titleist hybrids is softer, higher launch and has a softer butt section. It's really a hit and miss product with a lot of customers. However, if you fit in, and try the TX models you'll find a much flatter launch and much less flex in the handle. In other words a significantly more stable shaft that most players like the feel of.

• Like 1

Just glued up a 100tx in my Srixon u45. I was using a modus 120x for the last couple seasons. Playing 36 tomorrow. Will report back!!

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

• 1 month later...

I'm a average speed guy. 100-105 with driver and 84-86 with irons. I bought a Titleist 818 H1 25 and 21 degree hybrid this year. For the 25 I chose the pro white in stiff flex. The 21 I went rogue black in stiff.

The rogue has a definitive kick to it, but does not feel loose. The pro white has a small kick and feels very stable. Both seem to launch at similar trajectories.

It seems the rogue gets the ball up easier and the pro white launches lower despite the loft differences.

For my swing the rogue is easier to draw and I don't think that's because of the lower loft. I am capable of drawing the white, but it is never more than a 5 yard draw.

When I do draw the tensei white I get somewhere around 190 yards out of the 25 degree. However, my go to shot has been a hold off fade that goes 175-180. This has been money for me on the 2nd hole at my home course. I think a rogue black would give me 5 yards or so more distance in the 25, but I don't want it. In fact I am looking to throw a pro white in the 21 to gain the extra stability.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

• 1 year later...

> @Kscarguy said:

> Need some help, I just got the 100HY and the shaft says “Flex-X”. I always thought it only comes in TX flex and not just the X?

Did you just purchase the shaft, or was the shaft in a Titleist 818 hybrid? The Titleist Tensei Pro White 90 and 100 are only S and X flex, and the aftermarket Tensei Pro White that costs between $180 - $200 is the Tour model and comes in TX flex as Toll mentioned a few posts back. His description is spot on.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

Just got the Pro White 90HYS to pair with my TS3 21* hybrid. For those that have had it can anyone compare to the Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 8S?

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND