G400 driver replacement in January

herbygolf21

I think this will be similar to the 16 m2 the G400 was so great that it will be held as a benchmark going forward and what happened with tm is the 17 m2 it just wasn’t as great of a performer as the 16 with some of the adjustments they made so it will be interesting to see what way the 410 goes if it’s any better it will be one of the best drivers ever.

G400 being $100 to $200 cheaper and still in fitting carts is a major hurdle for the G410. Seem to be betting that a lot of people like to tinker with weight and hosel settings.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be similar to the 16 m2 the G400 was so great that it will be held as a benchmark going forward and what happened with tm is the 17 m2 it just wasn’t as great of a performer as the 16 with some of the adjustments they made so it will be interesting to see what way the 410 goes if it’s any better it will be one of the best drivers ever.

G400 being $100 to $200 cheaper and still in fitting carts is a major hurdle for the G410. Seem to be betting that a lot of people like to tinker with weight and hosel settings.

Ping is good about getting older clubs out of fitting carts imo. They won’t have the g400 competing against the g410

My current gamer doesn't give me quite what I want. You guys think it's worth the savings to grab a G400 now or wait and see what the 410 does? Considering that new Mizuno 190 as well.

Just wait a few weeks and then try both. You'll still be able to find a G400 to try.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

My current gamer doesn't give me quite what I want. You guys think it's worth the savings to grab a G400 now or wait and see what the 410 does? Considering that new Mizuno 190 as well.

I'll be interested to try the new models vs the G400 LST that I got for $299 new. This thing is killer and will be hard to beat for me, but we'll see. my guess is we'll be splitting hairs with the newer stuff vs G400.

Yeah, wish LST was going to be out sooner. June or July is an odd release time imo.

They had QC issues with the first batch of G400 LST's. Wondering if they want to make sure they get the 410 LST right.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Yeah, wish LST was going to be out sooner. June or July is an odd release time imo.

They had QC issues with the first batch of G400 LST's. Wondering if they want to make sure they get the 410 LST right.

It also took the engineers longer to make sure the G410 LST was an improvement over the G400. At least according to our rep.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Dude, is that Josh Brolin? :D

Funny that the color is the same as TM M5/M6, crown "fins" from the back is the same as Cobra F9.

I'm not sure I like the roundness of the shape, but can't wait to see them in person!

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

interesting following the new driver threads and reading them all.

Looks wise the ST 190 to me is the best.

The only one I am tempted to try is the G410.

I love my M3 but this one is tempting but can't spend money on golf clubs!!!!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

One more of the weight area

29e6436e1ee64516e8ff21db3921e5c9.jpg

Interesting track. Tracks like that add weight, Ping is all about low and back so I'm looking forward to see how they explain how it doesn't effect MOI. Maybe the 410 Max will have no track and just about forgiveness.

It's actually not a track, the weight doesn't slide according to info here at the forums. It has 3 positions it can be fixed, neutral, draw and fade.

But yeah, still seems like it has all the negative effects a track would have.. Maybe it's Vortech 2.0 all the way?

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Interesting track. Tracks like that add weight, Ping is all about low and back so I'm looking forward to see how they explain how it doesn't effect MOI. Maybe the 410 Max will have no track and just about forgiveness.

My understanding is there is no plan currently for a 410 Max as they couldn't beat what the 400 Max does.

Is there a pic of the 410 PLUS crown anywhere??

I like what I see so far.

I posted this yesterday from the Cool Clubs video

5cfe166691af922faeec31bfee568b99.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Are the tubes larger ?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Nice pics & nice find. The adapters looks similar to me but its blurry pictures & I think everyone said Ping changed the adapter.

Pffffh, what the hell do I do with my ATMOS shaft with the G adapter now?!?

Re-shaft it? It's different just because it has more settings.

I don't have a choice if I want the G410. But I am mulling a G LS or a G400 8.5 as a backup since I already have the ATMOS. Crap, I also have a TS KK Tini DC prototype as well. Crap.

But here is my thought - I think Ping is WRONG to swap the adapter now.

The G410 is a continuation of the G400. As a consumer, I wished they kept the same adapter and then change it when they release a complete, new line, like say the G500 next year. That would have been more palatable.

There's going to be a LOT of p*ssed off G400 owners now who cannot use their Ping shaft and if they are like me, see this G410 as an evolution, not a revolution. Cobra changed their MyFly from the AMP Cell (think) and I just bought their driver then, quite liked it and that p*ssed me off completely such that I never even bothered to look at their lines anymore.

Also, it's not like it's a "short use" adapter like the G25. The current adapter was used in the G30, G and G400 lines. Jus sayin'

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Not sure what the fuss is over a new adapter. It’s usually around $15 for one and a quick pull and epoxy job. Even if you have to take it to a shop they usually charge $10 at the most for an adapter pull.

I’m a complete club building noob and can even epoxy an adapter with no issues.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Not sure what the fuss is over a new adapter. It’s usually around $15 for one and a quick pull and epoxy job. Even if you have to take it to a shop they usually charge $10 at the most for an adapter pull.

For me it's the ability to easily demo/compare if a shaft already works for you. The stock G400 Alta CB shaft didn't work for me at all. Fortunately I was able to demo the KK (and others) at a Ping rep day and that's what I ordered

Alternate shaft options are limited often here, especially on new releases. So if I was anxious to try the new G410 (I'm not) I'd want to compare head to head and shaft to shaft with what I already have and like. With a different adapter I'm unlikely to even "kick the tires on the new model.

I get that guys are upset there are new adapters because they can't just pop them on and off easily. However, this isn't a cosmetic change just to take money from golfers. They're adding more adjustability. I have shafts too that won't be able to switch out either, but for me, I'm just not that excited or putt off by it. I'm more excited they're adding more adjustability, which is long overdue.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

My understanding is there is no plan currently for a 410 Max as they couldn't beat what the 400 Max does.

Not True. there will Be a 410 Max later. On same release cycle as original Max.

For me it's the ability to easily demo/compare if a shaft already works for you. The stock G400 Alta CB shaft didn't work for me at all. Fortunately I was able to demo the KK (and others) at a Ping rep day and that's what I ordered

Alternate shaft options are limited often here, especially on new releases. So if I was anxious to try the new G410 (I'm not) I'd want to compare head to head and shaft to shaft with what I already have and like. With a different adapter I'm unlikely to even "kick the tires on the new model.

It is annoying not being able to demo a shaft you already have with a new head from the same company - from company to company it's understandable but from the same company it's tough.

It's a conundrum. But what is Ping supposed to do ? NOT improve their adapter ? They've lagged(?) behind TM, Cally and Titleist by offering only a 1 cog adapter while the others have had 2 cogs for years now. Should they not "catch up" ?

I like that I can demo a shaft from Cally that WILL fit my Fusion since the adapters are the same. And if I really like one I can usually find one on the 'bay with the adapter already on it.

And the continued lack of demo shafts in Ping's fitting "carts" has prevented me from seriously considering one of their recent driver models, most notably, the GMAX. Oh well. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X