2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

It's funny that everyone is excited to be maxed at the limit of COR. I remember having conversations about buying retail heads was better than buying tour heads since one of every few heads would be hotter than max. I guess those days of getting an illegally hot head are gone for TM.

I'd rather know I'm at the limit of manufacturing tolerances than gamble with getting one that is well below. Don't know how much a difference it'll make. But, it's an interesting concept and will possibly a good marketing point. I'll give it a fair shake even though I'm pretty much on the Epic Flash hype train.

It's a good ploy.

"Tour Issue for everyone!"

"Why take your chances with another company's driver when ours is guaranteed to be at the legal limit?"

"All other drivers are under-speeded!"

"Face so hot we had to slow it down!"

Are we at the end of the line in the distance wars?

Others have mentioned it, but we are at the point of maximizing launch conditions and forgiveness. Imagine if you could maintain ball speeds across the entire face, that would be a huge gain for everyone and that is what all the new drivers are doing. TM twistface helped with maintaining proper launch conditions across the face but you still lose speed on strikes not on the theoretical sweet spot. Every OEM is going about it different ways, but the ultimate goal is the same, ensure that the maximum limit is reached across the entirety of the club face.

It's funny that everyone is excited to be maxed at the limit of COR. I remember having conversations about buying retail heads was better than buying tour heads since one of every few heads would be hotter than max. I guess those days of getting an illegally hot head are gone for TM.

I'd rather know I'm at the limit of manufacturing tolerances than gamble with getting one that is well below. Don't know how much a difference it'll make. But, it's an interesting concept and will possibly a good marketing point. I'll give it a fair shake even though I'm pretty much on the Epic Flash hype train.

It's a good ploy.

"Why take your chances with another company's driver when ours is guaranteed to be at the legal limit?"

If it works, I'd hardly call it a ploy. If they are actually measuring heads ensuring better quality assurance, I don't see how it's a bad thing. Even a lot of tour heads aren't at the limit. Even if it's miniscule gains, it's still gains in a day and age where there isn't a lot of room for improvement in driver tech.

I'm interested in how it feels with the resin behind the face. If they have a way to improve the manufacturing process, are they not supposed to? I don't understand all of the negativity.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Its Dec 13th already, where are the fitting leaks?! :to_become_senile:

Bump that!

I need to know if I should wait for an M6 3W or pull the trigger on a M3 3W now

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Others have mentioned it, but we are at the point of maximizing launch conditions and forgiveness. Imagine if you could maintain ball speeds across the entire face, that would be a huge gain for everyone and that is what all the new drivers are doing. TM twistface helped with maintaining proper launch conditions across the face but you still lose speed on strikes not on the theoretical sweet spot. Every OEM is going about it different ways, but the ultimate goal is the same, ensure that the maximum limit is reached across the entirety of the club face.

TM's website says, "Revolutionary new face curvature designed to deliver a corrective face angle on off-center impacts, producing straight distance off the tee." Ask Tiger how it works for him. Return of the gear effect from days of persimmon.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

TM's website says, "Revolutionary new face curvature designed to deliver a corrective face angle on off-center impacts, producing straight distance off the tee." Ask Tiger how it works for him. Return of the gear effect from days of persimmon.

What an astute observation. I have never heard anyone use Tiger's accuracy issues off the tee as proof that twist face doesn't work. Just like I have never heard of someone claiming TM's next driver will be released in 6 months and these will go down in price. Or reference something like gaining 17 yards every year means they should be hitting it 400 yards by now. Tired old jokes. If you're going to crap on a company about a club you've never hit, be original.

There is no technology out there that will completely mitigate a bad golf swing. They can try to make it more playable. But it will always be on the golfer to make square contact.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

It's a good ploy.

If it works, I'd hardly call it a ploy. If they are actually measuring heads ensuring better quality assurance, I don't see how it's a bad thing. Even a lot of tour heads aren't at the limit. Even if it's miniscule gains, it's still gains in a day and age where there isn't a lot of room for improvement in driver tech.

I'm interested in how it feels with the resin behind the face. If they have a way to improve the manufacturing process, are they not supposed to? I don't understand all of the negativity.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound negative. You are right that distance gains nowadays are tough, and any little improvement should be noted. I didn’t mean a devious ploy, just a tactic/strategy to sell clubs.

It's a good ploy.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound negative. You are right that distance gains nowadays are tough, and any little improvement should be noted. I didn’t mean a devious ploy, just a tactic/strategy to sell clubs.

Noted, and no need to apologise. I'm just getting a severe bout of cabin fever. A little touchy in these cold winter months. Only 4 months until golf season.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I wonder what the M5/M6 hybrids will look like? The TM rep in my area has stated that the GAPR line has been a big flop for them.

I wondered about that. I haven't seen a single one of any of the models being played outside of the tour WITB photos.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I wonder what the M5/M6 hybrids will look like? The TM rep in my area has stated that the GAPR line has been a big flop for them.

The 790 UDI was a great looking club. The GAPR, looked kind of cheesy. It's hard for me to even described what put me off about it. I just never really cared for the look.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

The 790 UDI was a great looking club. The GAPR, looked kind of cheesy. It's hard for me to even described what put me off about it. I just never really cared for the look.

LOOOOOOVE MY P790 UDI!

Hitting that thing out the middle feels like God’s vag*na

GAPR was terribly marketed and styled. I could tell you it was gonna be a flop before it even hit shelves.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Funky looks (the notch is worse than the iphone x), cheap finish that shows wear before you even hit it, super expensive, too many choices (am I High, Mid or Low? Or can I just change the loft to get my flight?), overlap with already great offerings in the M3/M4 hybrids and P790 UDI....just a very puzzling offering. I would have loved to be in the room when this one was given the green light.

I was fit for an M4 Hybrid, just hit it really really great. I think it has a much less premium look to it, though, compared to the rest of the line so I passed on upgrading from my current hybrid.

For M5/M6 fairways the Taylormade 3HL is always on my list of things to try.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

We're gonna see an M-Track weight system.

and the follow-up version will have the W-Track weight system.

"hey, what if we just turn the M-Track upside down and release it as a new model?!?"

How about a reverse Y track where the arms of the Y go to the front heel and toe and the stem goes to the rear of the club. Loft up, weights forward...low spin with high launch and a bit of heel/toe forgiveness...

Their will be no M5 hybrid, only M6. GAPR is the M5 hybrid( adjustable sleeve).

Also the 3HL version is gone this year from M5/M6

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Well that sucks. I've always played a 3HL/4wood loft for my fairway. I would assume it will be a tour only loft.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Any have info on the titanium fairway wood, lofts and specs??

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

There will be no M5 hybrid, only M6. GAPR is the M5 hybrid( adjustable sleeve).

Talk about a swing and miss by TM with that decision ...

Well that sucks. I've always played a 3HL/4wood loft for my fairway. I would assume it will be a tour only loft.

If no 3HL/4w option in the M5, I'm hoping the "5w" will be like the r7TP and be lower loft and play more like a 4w than 5w. I don't need a new driver but I am all in with a new Ti fw.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I was told that the 15* in either M5/M6 will be extremely easy to elevate off the deck so they might have figured the 3HL wouldn't be necessary.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I was told that the 15* in either M5/M6 will be extremely easy to elevate off the deck so they might have figured the 3HL wouldn't be necessary.

But what if the 15° versions fly too far?

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Excuse my ignorance but if someone wanted a 3HL, couldn't they put a 3 wood shaft in a 5W head and get basically the same thing?

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808