Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

You guys are reading too much into this. Check it out. Do what I do. Bring your gamer to your store and at the same time, get fit with the new M5 / 6 / any driver of your choice. If you yield better results with the gamer, shut up and move on. If you have better results with something new, figure it out if it's the shaft or the new driver head and continue testing.

I thought the paintball industry was bad with kids crying and eventually forming out 1500$ plus on a marker that shoots paintballs. These drivers are a third of the cost and will be used far far more than some teen with his little paintball tournaments.

If it's better, buy it. If it isn't, day no thank you.

Buy lessons. Everyone needs those all the time.

I'd add that the golfer should get re-fit into their gamer head along with the new stuff they are trying. There are so many variables in driver fittings with so many shaft/head/spec combos that I'd bet there are nearly always yards left on the table, even with old heads.

My problem is that I just like to buy the newest thing out. I did really benefit from TwistFace bc I hit the ball really straight and felt I could swing harder.

This and hammerhead feels like it's more explosive....also the head is lighter which helps me too.....

M3 really has solidified a spot at the driver slot as I really can't see adding 4-7 mph ballspeed....and along with M3 just looking balanced from address

Believe me I'm on board with driver innovation 100% - I want a driver I can pound 300 yards without having to think about a thing.

That being said, I'm curious what's "innovative" about these new drivers?

Hookers can repackage the same product and sell it over and over again, not so sure major golf companies can.

I don't know that I buy anything being far superior to the drivers we saw 2-3 years ago. I never noticed TwistFace to have much of an effect, definitely never saw HammerHead having an effect, Jailbreak may have been innovative in Epic, but it was just repackaged in Rogue.

They tell us "Forged face, Milled face, Speed Slot, Compression Channel, Y-Track, etc. etc. etc." but does the data support an M6 being superior to a 2016 M2 by more than maybe 200 RPM and 2mph ball speed? In the hands of 95% of golfers that is negligible. Especially as the price point is now reaching $600 w/ a stock shaft.

I've owned drivers from every major OEM besides Titleist in the last 3 years and can genuinely say shaft makes sooooo much more of a difference than driver. If you want to spend big dollars, spend it there.

Late night rant over - should probably go succumb to the NyQuil I took 2 hours ago. Damn colds that my kids bring home :D

LOL - best quote in the entire thread

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

I just cringed when I saw the m5

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

You guys are reading too much into this. Check it out. Do what I do. Bring your gamer to your store and at the same time, get fit with the new M5 / 6 / any driver of your choice. If you yield better results with the gamer, shut up and move on. If you have better results with something new, figure it out if it's the shaft or the new driver head and continue testing.

I thought the paintball industry was bad with kids crying and eventually forming out 1500$ plus on a marker that shoots paintballs. These drivers are a third of the cost and will be used far far more than some teen with his little paintball tournaments.

I'd add that the golfer should get re-fit into their gamer head along with the new stuff they are trying. There are so many variables in driver fittings with so many shaft/head/spec combos that I'd bet there are nearly always yards left on the table, even with old heads.

This is absolutely what I'm planning on doing. I'm planning to do a fitting in a couple months and, at least for the driver, I think it's going to be a 2-step process:

1. Take my current gamer and do a head-to-head (literally) comparison - keeping my current shaft and seeing how the numbers change based on a head switch. If one of the new heads beats my current, we proceed to step 2 with that. If not, we proceed to step 2 with my gamer.

2. Re-evaluate the shaft I'm using. I'm currently in a shaft I've owned for almost 5 years. I need low/low, maybe ultra low/ultra low, so perhaps something has come along in those 5 years that can knock my current out of the lineup.

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

Don't get me started on the new M7 RocketPaintballs machine. The paint coefficient has been maxed out since at least the time of M1/M2.

I think you're missing the point little buddy

I got your point. I'm surprised no-one had ever raised it before.

screenshot of the club on Not allowed because of spam looks like there's a pinhole in the center of the face too?

That's nothing new. TM driver faces have had a small dot in the center of the face for a long time.

Isnt that for COR testing on tour drivers?

The pin hole is in the geometric center of the score line pattern, but it's not necessarily a projection of the CG location. I believe it's just decorative, but I could certainly be mistaken.

When they do CT testing on tour heads, one of the spots they test is in the center of the face. To do so, they find the point that represents the actual projection of the CG and mark that by making a dot with a paint marker. It's usually close to the pin hole, but not always right on it.

All of mine have had the CT marks in the center except the M3 440 which has two marks. One just a hair beneath the center pin hole and the second just above it about a 8th of an inch above. I never asked them why or if there was a reason, the club works very well.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Don't get me started on the new M7 RocketPaintballs machine. The paint coefficient has been maxed out since at least the time of M1/M2.

Scary isn’t it? I actually think I took a step backwards in performance when I went from m1 to epic sub zero. Then went the right way when I moved to ping.

Why do you keep saying it like that with emphasis on the "H"?!?

Internet high-five for this guy.

That is one funnier lines I have read on here in a long time. I had a good laugh. Now please explain what it means? I don't want to seem like a dork that doesn't get the joke but I am a dork that doesn't get the joke.

That is one funnier lines I have read on here in a long time. I had a good laugh. Now please explain what it means? I don't want to seem like a dork that doesn't get the joke but I am a dork that doesn't get the joke.

Reference to a Family Guy episode

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Thank you.

Everybody knows pie tastes better with cool whip

So if one of the shafts is the Smoke? Anyone know if it is anywhere close to an OBAN Devotion? I did a fitting at club champion and I'm not paying an extra couple hundred dollars to get a driver from them. I'm just getting back into golf and I need a low/low shaft.

it is low/low indeed

https://www.pxshaft.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-black/

So if one of the shafts is the Smoke? Anyone know if it is anywhere close to an OBAN Devotion? I did a fitting at club champion and I'm not paying an extra couple hundred dollars to get a driver from them. I'm just getting back into golf and I need a low/low shaft.

it is low/low indeed

https://www.pxshaft.com/products/hzrdus-smoke-black/

Yeah I figure a Smoke will be a good starting point. When you have 15 year old clubs that never really fit.....anything is going to be a huge upgrade.

Who needs pie when you have a tub of cool whip?

[media=]

[/media]

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

I think the smoke is cool. I liked my Black and would be entertained to see try the smoke.

The Evenflow white, however, is my favorite Project X shaft. I just got along with that quite well. Still looking to grab one when I see on for cheap.

TM offers the EFW 65 right now for only $65 up-charge. I’m sure they’ll bring it back when the M5/6 comes out since Titleist has it with TS2/3

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

I think the smoke is cool. I liked my Black and would be entertained to see try the smoke.

The Evenflow white, however, is my favorite Project X shaft. I just got along with that quite well. Still looking to grab one when I see on for cheap.

TM offers the EFW 65 right now for only $65 up-charge. I’m sure they’ll bring it back when the M5/6 comes out since Titleist has it with TS2/3

I must have overlooked that. I will keep that in mind for sure. Thanks!

Scary isn’t it? I actually think I took a step backwards in performance when I went from m1 to epic sub zero. Then went the right way when I moved to ping.

I wasn’t serious. It’s been raised 1000s of times.

***this will be unpopular answer *****

Less time on wrx , more gym and practice = longer drives

Signed Mwhatever

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

***this will be unpopular answer *****

Less time on wrx , more gym and practice = longer drives

Signed Mwhatever

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I’m sure someone already mentioned this, but do we know how much the M5/6 FW will be?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Wea are running out of things to post!

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”