2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Brooks or Rory?

J13

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > It’s brooks alll day everyday. Rory plays like the 5 handicap who once every 4-5 years shoots 69 He made more putts today than he has in the last 6 weeks. He’s great. But if tiger was on the final group today what does he shoot ? We know what brooks will do on that scenario. And I’m not a brooks fan.

>

> a5gg3m83mz3c.gif

>

> Irrational

> Rory

> Slagging

> @idrive said:

> Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> Who just got beat by **20 shots**

are we talking by age ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> It’s brooks alll day everyday. Rory plays like the 5 handicap who once every 4-5 years shoots 69 He made more putts today than he has in the last 6 weeks. He’s great. But if tiger was on the final group today what does he shoot ? We know what brooks will do on that scenario. And I’m not a brooks fan.

So....I know BK didnt win the Masters when tiger was making a push. I know he also almost threw away the PGA. Let's not act like he's completely unflappable. This argument comes down to 1 thing: do you believe that a) rory is more likely to play the way he did early in his career in the majors, or b) Brooks is likely to continue playing the way he has for the past 2 years in majors. If we look at their careers thus far it isnt close. Each have 4 majors, but I absolutely consider rory winning 3 of the 4 instead of just 2 more impressive. Regular tour wins is a blow out in rory's favor. And let's not act like Rory wins junk events, the players, bay hill, wells Fargo, rbc are all huge events. Could Brooks win 4 more majors and rory win zip - could happen. I have often said rory doesn't seem motivated to win more. However, if you ask me what's more likely, I'd say when they both hang up their spikes, rory has 7 majors and 25 wins, Brooks has 6 and 10.

• Like 1

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

Rory walloped the field again, good for him! That makes it 4 times in his career in which he won by 7 or more strokes. The guy is a force when everything is firing on all cylinders to state the obvious.

Here's a couple big names and their number of victories by 7+ strokes (PGA Tour only):

Tiger Woods: 12 times

Jack Nicklaus: 4

Rory McIlroy: 4

Arnold Palmer: 3

Johnny Miller: 3

Ernie Els: 2

Davis Love: 2

Dustin Johnson: 1

Phil Mickelson: 1 (by 13!)

Lee Trevino: 1

Tom Watson: 0

Vijay Singh: 0

Even though Tiger has 12 of these landslide victories the record may not belong to him. Byron Nelson has at least 11 and likely a few more.

• Like 1

> @melo said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > It’s brooks alll day everyday. Rory plays like the 5 handicap who once every 4-5 years shoots 69 He made more putts today than he has in the last 6 weeks. He’s great. But if tiger was on the final group today what does he shoot ? We know what brooks will do on that scenario. And I’m not a brooks fan.

>

> So....I know BK didnt win the Masters when tiger was making a push. I know he also almost threw away the PGA. Let's not act like he's completely unflappable. This argument comes down to 1 thing: do you believe that a) rory is more likely to play the way he did early in his career in the majors, or b) Brooks is likely to continue playing the way he has for the past 2 years in majors. If we look at their careers thus far it isnt close. Each have 4 majors, but I absolutely consider rory winning 3 of the 4 instead of just 2 more impressive. Regular tour wins is a blow out in rory's favor. And let's not act like Rory wins junk events, the players, bay hill, wells Fargo, rbc are all huge events. Could Brooks win 4 more majors and rory win zip - could happen. I have often said rory doesn't seem motivated to win more. However, if you ask me what's more likely, I'd say when they both hang up their spikes, rory has 7 majors and 25 wins, Brooks has 6 and 10.

History suggests the answer to that is Brooks. Rory has a 4 plus year gap since he scored or even putted like today. I’ve never said he can’t do it. He just doesn’t. Often. Sure it’s hard. Sure there’s loads of competition. But. Anybody predicting Brooks to miss the cut this week ? Plenty of people wouldn’t bet that Rory will make the cut.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @melo said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > It’s brooks alll day everyday. Rory plays like the 5 handicap who once every 4-5 years shoots 69 He made more putts today than he has in the last 6 weeks. He’s great. But if tiger was on the final group today what does he shoot ? We know what brooks will do on that scenario. And I’m not a brooks fan.

> >

> > So....I know BK didnt win the Masters when tiger was making a push. I know he also almost threw away the PGA. Let's not act like he's completely unflappable. This argument comes down to 1 thing: do you believe that a) rory is more likely to play the way he did early in his career in the majors, or b) Brooks is likely to continue playing the way he has for the past 2 years in majors. If we look at their careers thus far it isnt close. Each have 4 majors, but I absolutely consider rory winning 3 of the 4 instead of just 2 more impressive. Regular tour wins is a blow out in rory's favor. And let's not act like Rory wins junk events, the players, bay hill, wells Fargo, rbc are all huge events. Could Brooks win 4 more majors and rory win zip - could happen. I have often said rory doesn't seem motivated to win more. However, if you ask me what's more likely, I'd say when they both hang up their spikes, rory has 7 majors and 25 wins, Brooks has 6 and 10.

>

> History suggests the answer to that is Brooks. Rory has a 4 plus year gap since he scored or even putted like today. I’ve never said he can’t do it. He just doesn’t. Often. Sure it’s hard. Sure there’s loads of competition. But. Anybody predicting Brooks to miss the cut this week ? Plenty of people wouldn’t bet that Rory will make the cut.

Are you being sarcastic in your last two posts? I'm asking honestly.

> @BNGL said:

> > @idrive said:

> > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

>

> 16 for Rory

You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

> @freeze16172002 said:

> Brooks makes that putt on the 72nd hole at the Masters, this wouldnt even be a argument.

Tiger makes his putt on the 72 hole at the Masters and we're definitely still here....

• Like 1

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

> @bladehunter said:

> > @melo said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > It’s brooks alll day everyday. Rory plays like the 5 handicap who once every 4-5 years shoots 69 He made more putts today than he has in the last 6 weeks. He’s great. But if tiger was on the final group today what does he shoot ? We know what brooks will do on that scenario. And I’m not a brooks fan.

> >

> > So....I know BK didnt win the Masters when tiger was making a push. I know he also almost threw away the PGA. Let's not act like he's completely unflappable. This argument comes down to 1 thing: do you believe that a) rory is more likely to play the way he did early in his career in the majors, or b) Brooks is likely to continue playing the way he has for the past 2 years in majors. If we look at their careers thus far it isnt close. Each have 4 majors, but I absolutely consider rory winning 3 of the 4 instead of just 2 more impressive. Regular tour wins is a blow out in rory's favor. And let's not act like Rory wins junk events, the players, bay hill, wells Fargo, rbc are all huge events. Could Brooks win 4 more majors and rory win zip - could happen. I have often said rory doesn't seem motivated to win more. However, if you ask me what's more likely, I'd say when they both hang up their spikes, rory has 7 majors and 25 wins, Brooks has 6 and 10.

>

> History suggests the answer to that is Brooks. Rory has a 4 plus year gap since he scored or even putted like today. I’ve never said he can’t do it. He just doesn’t. Often. Sure it’s hard. Sure there’s loads of competition. But. Anybody predicting Brooks to miss the cut this week ? Plenty of people wouldn’t bet that Rory will make the cut.

You cant say history suggests that, when you're comparing Brooks to a guy who won 4 in 3 years then stopped winning. A lot of guys have had a run of 8-10 good majors and fallen to pieces. O'meara, weir, Harrington, Goosen, Jason day, Spieth. I'd say it is a coin flip, but if you forced me to wager, I'd say rory has a better chance at winning more over the next 10 years than BK. Again, only my opinion.

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

> > @idrive said:

> > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

>

> 16 for Rory

Also since they both played European Tour golf, that's relevant. He has 23 PGA or European wins to 7 for Koepka.

I'm picking Rory from the two. Rory has more layers to his game that BK does.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @idrive said:

> > @BNGL said:

> > > @idrive said:

> > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> >

> > 16 for Rory

>

> You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> @Llortamaisey said:

> > @idrive said:

> > > @BNGL said:

> > > > @idrive said:

> > > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> > >

> > > 16 for Rory

> >

> > You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

>

> It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

>

Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

• Like 1

> @idrive said:

> > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > @idrive said:

> > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> > > >

> > > > 16 for Rory

> > >

> > > You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

> >

> > It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> >

>

> Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? During desert storm ?

Point being is he’s woefully behind for his age when you enter in his potential talent level. Think underachiever vs overachiever .

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @idrive said:

> > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > > > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> > > > >

> > > > > 16 for Rory

> > > >

> > > > You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

> > >

> > > It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> > >

> >

> > Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

>

> lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? **During desert storm ? **

*beep beep beep* (jeopardy noise) ...the answer we were looking for was...the Tet Offensive...the Tet...Offensive; ok john the board is yours...

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @bladehunter said:

> > @idrive said:

> > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > >

> > > > > 16 for Rory

> > > >

> > >

> > > It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> > >

> >

> > Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

>

> lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? During desert storm ?

>

> Point being is he’s woefully behind for his age when you enter in his potential talent level. Think underachiever vs overachiever .

Yah... I agree. Brooks IS woefully behind for his age and talent level.

> @idrive said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @idrive said:

> > > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > > > > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > > > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > > > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 16 for Rory

> > > > >

> > > > > You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

> > > >

> > > > It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

> >

> > lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? During desert storm ?

> >

> > Point being is he’s woefully behind for his age when you enter in his potential talent level. Think underachiever vs overachiever .

>

> Yah... I agree. Brooks IS woefully behind for his age and talent level.

wasnt comparing him to brooks then..to other greats... if he isnt careful hes going to wake up 39 with 4 majors and wonder where it went .

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So Rory is out for the US Open as he peaked for a tourney in Canada. Pebble isn't a course for Brooks either so that leaves me to think Tiger or DJ for the win.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @bladehunter said:

> > @idrive said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > > > > > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > > > > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > > > > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 16 for Rory

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

> > >

> > > lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? During desert storm ?

> > >

> > > Point being is he’s woefully behind for his age when you enter in his potential talent level. Think underachiever vs overachiever .

> >

> > Yah... I agree. Brooks IS woefully behind for his age and talent level.

>

> wasnt comparing him to brooks then..to other greats... if he isnt careful hes going to wake up 39 with 4 majors and wonder where it went .

So you’re saying that if he isn’t careful, he’ll only end up being one the top 20 golfers of all time.

Rory is arguably the best player since Tiger Woods and is well on pace to pass Phil Mickelson as well although in this game nothing is a given. What I would like to see from his is a few more wins to make it a truly dominant season. Since 1994 only Nick Price (6) and Vijay Singh (9) have had 6 or more wins while Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, and Jason Day have had 1 5 win season each. I'm leaving out Tiger for obvious reasons.

Rory's talent level is off the charts. Brooks now seems to prepare his game for the Majors and just uses Tour stops as a stepping stone in his preparation. He shows up ready and focused at the Major Championships. Koepka has his priorities and goals firmly in place and his confidence is palpable in the Majors. Rory seems to be searching and hoping that his enormous talent is firing on all cylinders at just the right time. Koepka seems to know at the moment how to bring it all together at the time it is needed. It will be interesting to see what McIlroy shoots on Thursday coming off of a couple of rounds where he had it all going. His confidence has to be high and his game is in perfect order at the moment.

• Like 1

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> Rory is arguably the best player since Tiger Woods and is well on pace to pass Phil Mickelson as well although in this game nothing is a given. What I would like to see from his is a few more wins to make it a truly dominant season. Since 1994 only Nick Price (6) and Vijay Singh (9) have had 6 or more wins while Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, and Jason Day have had 1 5 win season each. I'm leaving out Tiger for obvious reasons.

If you consider the PGA Tour only. Rory won 5 times in 2012 - 4 PGA Tour events plus the Dubai Championship. Ernie won 6 times worldwide in 2003 and 5 times in 2004. Yeah, a few of Ernie's wins came in pretty weak events, but most of the guys above had at least one weak field win. Jordan's 2015 included the John Deere, for example.

At this level, it's all mental. Who wants it the most, who is the most confident, who works the hardest, who manages their emotions the best. This is why Tiger was so good, he did all of that better than anyone in his era. Right now I give the edg to BK, especially in majors, he just seems more confident in what he is doing. Rory is more mercurial, when he is on, he is on....especially with the putter.

I like Brooks to end his career with more majors, mostly because I think he is a better putter, and I think Rory doesn't have that deep self belief in himself when it matters. He is either going to win by a bunch or not win at all. I just don't ever see him grinding out a tough major and out lasting someone. Which is how most majors are won.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @dlygrisse said:

> At this level, it's all mental. Who wants it the most, who is the most confident, who works the hardest, who manages their emotions the best. This is why Tiger was so good, he did all of that better than anyone in his era. Right now I give the edg to BK, especially in majors, he just seems more confident in what he is doing. Rory is more mercurial, when he is on, he is on....especially with the putter.

>

> I like Brooks to end his career with more majors, mostly because I think he is a better putter, and I think Rory doesn't have that deep self belief in himself when it matters. He is either going to win by a bunch or not win at all. I just don't ever see him grinding out a tough major and out lasting someone. Which is how most majors are won.

He won the 2014 Open by 2 and the 2014 PGA by 1. Also won the Players by 1.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @idrive said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > @Llortamaisey said:

> > > > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > > > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > > > > > Wow, some serous delusional posts here.

> > > > > > > > > Brooks isn't even close to Rory. 15 tour wins for Rory, Brooks 5

> > > > > > > > > They're about a year apart in age. So who has had the better career?

> > > > > > > > > Who just got beat by **20 shots**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 16 for Rory

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are correct, forgot to include his blow out win today.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s easy to forget. Rory is becoming the king of the irrelevant tournaments. Might as well give him the trophy for the Barbasol Open.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Gee, you're probably right. Brooks winning the CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES is almost like winning a Major.

> > > >

> > > > lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? During desert storm ?

> > > >

> > > > Point being is he’s woefully behind for his age when you enter in his potential talent level. Think underachiever vs overachiever .

> > >

> > > Yah... I agree. Brooks IS woefully behind for his age and talent level.

> >

> > wasnt comparing him to brooks then..to other greats... if he isnt careful hes going to wake up 39 with 4 majors and wonder where it went .

>

> So you’re saying that if he isn’t careful, he’ll only end up being one the top 20 golfers of all time.

Yes. He could easily be top 10 all time if his potential is realized. To put it into perspective. Top 20 all time is falling well short of Phil mickelson.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cdnglf said:

> > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > Rory is arguably the best player since Tiger Woods and is well on pace to pass Phil Mickelson as well although in this game nothing is a given. What I would like to see from his is a few more wins to make it a truly dominant season. Since 1994 only Nick Price (6) and Vijay Singh (9) have had 6 or more wins while Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, and Jason Day have had 1 5 win season each. I'm leaving out Tiger for obvious reasons.

>

> If you consider the PGA Tour only. Rory won 5 times in 2012 - 4 PGA Tour events plus the Dubai Championship. Ernie won 6 times worldwide in 2003 and 5 times in 2004. Yeah, a few of Ernie's wins came in pretty weak events, but most of the guys above had at least one weak field win. Jordan's 2015 included the John Deere, for example.

That's a good point about worldwide golf. Still, only Ernie's 2003 would qualify as a 6+ win season which still makes the feat quite rare.

> @bladehunter said:

> It’s brooks alll day everyday. Rory plays like the 5 handicap who once every 4-5 years shoots 69 He made more putts today than he has in the last 6 weeks. He’s great. But if tiger was on the final group today what does he shoot ? **We know what brooks will do on that scenario**. And I’m not a brooks fan.

Dump it in the water on #12?

The 5 handicap that shoots 69 sounds like one of your stories of woe. :)

Bottom line is that they both have 4 majors and Rory is way ahead on other events. So maybe it really is Rory that brings it more often? Koepka has been great-in majors-lately. Not for his whole career and not in the other big events. IF he keeps this run going it will be a different conversation but for that we will need to wait and see.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > > Rory is arguably the best player since Tiger Woods and is well on pace to pass Phil Mickelson as well although in this game nothing is a given. What I would like to see from his is a few more wins to make it a truly dominant season. Since 1994 only Nick Price (6) and Vijay Singh (9) have had 6 or more wins while Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, and Jason Day have had 1 5 win season each. I'm leaving out Tiger for obvious reasons.

> >

> > If you consider the PGA Tour only. Rory won 5 times in 2012 - 4 PGA Tour events plus the Dubai Championship. Ernie won 6 times worldwide in 2003 and 5 times in 2004. Yeah, a few of Ernie's wins came in pretty weak events, but most of the guys above had at least one weak field win. Jordan's 2015 included the John Deere, for example.

>

> That's a good point about worldwide golf. Still, only Ernie's 2003 would qualify as a 6+ win season which still makes the feat quite rare.

>

It is indeed rare, and a great accomplishment. I only mentioned the guys that came to mind immediately and had seasons that I thought were equivalent to winning 5 PGA Tour events.

If you broaden the criteria simply to "OWGR wins", Westwood had an 7 win season in 1998 and a 6 win season in 2000. Monty won 6 in 1999. Price won 6 times in 1996, and in 1994 he had 7 wins in total. There are probably others.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @idrive said:

> > > > @idrive said:

> > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > >

> > > > > 16 for Rory

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> lol. But when was Rory’s last major ? During desert storm ?

>

> Point being is he’s woefully behind for his age when you enter in his potential talent level. Think underachiever vs overachiever .

What is the methodology of measuring potential and/or talent?