Teryllium T22 Coming August 16

collindm1

> @jaw2k9 said:

> Yes, I do. I was saying that one store received 40 total putters. That seemed like a very high number for one local store.

That doesn’t sound right if they only received 4 Newport’s and 36 mixed amongst Newport and Fastbacks.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Just received my NP2; I love it! I have to amend an earlier comment about the sightline: It goes all the way in the cavity for the NP2. It didn’t do that in the Fastback.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9deg  Ventus TR Blue 6 S

Callaway  Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 7 S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18 & 24 deg Ventus HB 8 S

Miura KM700 4-P Fujikura Axiom 105S

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52 deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

32.5" LAB Golf DF3 w/BGT Stability One Black | Pistol 2.0 Grip

Custom Vessel Lux Cart Bag

> @BYK said:

> > @T-MAC said:

> > I gamed mine on Sunday and loved the feel. No QC issues with any of mine (I have 3).

> > Pistolini's are my favorite grips but I build them up with 5-6 wraps and usually put an extra wrap under the lower hand. Scotty changed these grips to be a little thicker on the lower half and I think they feel much better.

> > I think it's the best OTR putter Scotty has made in a long time. I haven't liked any of his OTR's since 2011. I never got along with the deep milled putters and I can't stand the feel of his current inserts.

> > This TeI3 was a home run IMHO.

>

> Hey T

> how's it compare in feeling to the BB? I've heard it is softer. Still waiting to get mine, supposed to be on the way.

>

I've hit them back to back, over and over again with the same golf balls (ProV1) and I would say that the T22 definitely feels a tad softer than the BB. To me, the BB feels a bit more "solid" if that makes sense, and the T22 is a little softer feeling coming off the face. Could be the result of the membrane behind the insert. I do have a leather grip on my BB so that may make a bit of difference, but probably not much.

> @KensingtonPark said:

> Just received my NP2; I love it! I have to amend an earlier comment about the sightline: It goes all the way in the cavity for the NP2. It didn’t do that in the Fastback.

Yeah it’s annoying and ugly. Guarantee it isn’t supposed be milled all of the way into the cavity.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

> @ckay said:

> > @jaw2k9 said:

> > Yes, I do. I was saying that one store received 40 total putters. That seemed like a very high number for one local store.

>

> That doesn’t sound right if they only received 4 Newport’s and 36 mixed amongst Newport and Fastbacks.

Not only that, but this was their second shipment of putters, the first shipment was just a few of each (no idea of actual number). I had emailed the manager asking where my place in line was and he said then (this was on 17 Aug) that I had not made the first cut (I was #14), he then added that I would be covered when their second shipment arrived. He had no idea how many he would get, when I was offered the NP2, I declined as for that amount of money, I wanted my first choice, not my second. and flipping would not generate enough cash to offset all the BS associated with doing so. It also feels good to enable another buyer to get what they really wanted. So, when I declined that's when the manager said they received 4 NPs and 40 total clubs - this batch/order/whatever. He said they have over 200 people on the wait list, so it was not likely that I would get a NP, but stranger things happen.

And that sort of, was my point. If this one store - that has had economic issues off and on, received 40 putters then how many have the PGA superstore and some of the online stores gotten? This all makes me wonder just how limited this will be - we have heard a variety of numbers and the manager has no logical reason to make up a number. To take this a bit further - 251 have sold on ebay, and another 166 are available for sale (assuming they are in hand or have been shipping to sellers). To me, that does not sound as though it's that rare? Compare that to buttonback (which in my search included detour conversions), 11 for sale and 64 sold - that's rare/limited.

Anyway, I am scratching my head with these numbers - some seems to be amiss - I don't know what, and for the record I am not a conspiracy believer type. Just something seems off.

> @dillardiv said:

> I've got my 33" Newport in the trunk of the car. Really torn as to keep it or let it go. Bought it knowing I could probably minimally get my money back in 12 months selling it. $600+ for a putter is a huge number.

The rise in the cost of golf equipment is a real shame. It’s seems the industry standard for sticks now is $1400 dollars. Just imagine if in one year you bought a cell phone, a computer, some sticks and oh I don’t know some headphones, thats nearly $4000 bucks in depreciating assets.

I keep thinking how everyone used to say golf is dying and the USGA says hey just play 9. Time isnt the only problem, it’s the damn cost. They are going to price themselves into oblivion.

Meanwhile I’ll be a Callaway preowned....

> @jaw2k9 said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @jaw2k9 said:

> > > Yes, I do. I was saying that one store received 40 total putters. That seemed like a very high number for one local store.

> >

> > That doesn’t sound right if they only received 4 Newport’s and 36 mixed amongst Newport and Fastbacks.

>

> Not only that, but this was their second shipment of putters, the first shipment was just a few of each (no idea of actual number). I had emailed the manager asking where my place in line was and he said then (this was on 17 Aug) that I had not made the first cut (I was #14), he then added that I would be covered when their second shipment arrived. He had no idea how many he would get, when I was offered the NP2, I declined as for that amount of money, I wanted my first choice, not my second. and flipping would not generate enough cash to offset all the BS associated with doing so. It also feels good to enable another buyer to get what they really wanted. So, when I declined that's when the manager said they received 4 NPs and 40 total clubs - this batch/order/whatever. He said they have over 200 people on the wait list, so it was not likely that I would get a NP, but stranger things happen.

>

> And that sort of, was my point. If this one store - that has had economic issues off and on, received 40 putters then how many have the PGA superstore and some of the online stores gotten? This all makes me wonder just how limited this will be - we have heard a variety of numbers and the manager has no logical reason to make up a number. To take this a bit further - 251 have sold on ebay, and another 166 are available for sale (assuming they are in hand or have been shipping to sellers). To me, that does not sound as though it's that rare? Compare that to buttonback (which in my search included detour conversions), 11 for sale and 64 sold - that's rare/limited.

>

> Anyway, I am scratching my head with these numbers - some seems to be amiss - I don't know what, and for the record I am not a conspiracy believer type. Just something seems off.

>

>

A couple things:

The BB has been out for 10 years already. Comparing the current numbers on ebay for whats for sale and whats sold really doesn't make much sense.

If this store got 40 and has over 200 people wanting them, I personally would consider that a limited supply compared to the majority of clubs on the market. Is it super rare, no, but its far from just a normal off the rack product. I talked to probably half a dozen stores here in MI and none of them were getting anywhere near 40 pieces.

In the end if it's limited or not doesn't matter to me. I wanted to buy a high-end putter to game and have wanted a BB for the last year or so but the prices were just too high. When this got announced at half (or less) the current cost of a BB I jumped all over it. Bought two and sold the one I didn't want to keep for a few hundred more than I paid to help pay off the one I kept. After a few rounds with it I couldn't be happier.

I get it. I was just trying to find something similar - bad comparison. Despite all this, I am sure they are great putters, if I had the chance to get 2 I am sure I would have done exactly the same thing - but that was not an option. All that said, I just don't think/feel that these are as limited as first meets the eye. For the collectors, I hope I'm wrong. I am looking at the original models more now - to see if I can't get one restored (for me or a future family member).

> @jaw2k9 said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @jaw2k9 said:

> > > Yes, I do. I was saying that one store received 40 total putters. That seemed like a very high number for one local store.

> >

> > That doesn’t sound right if they only received 4 Newport’s and 36 mixed amongst Newport and Fastbacks.

>

> Not only that, but this was their second shipment of putters, the first shipment was just a few of each (no idea of actual number). I had emailed the manager asking where my place in line was and he said then (this was on 17 Aug) that I had not made the first cut (I was #14), he then added that I would be covered when their second shipment arrived. He had no idea how many he would get, when I was offered the NP2, I declined as for that amount of money, I wanted my first choice, not my second. and flipping would not generate enough cash to offset all the BS associated with doing so. It also feels good to enable another buyer to get what they really wanted. So, when I declined that's when the manager said they received 4 NPs and 40 total clubs - this batch/order/whatever. He said they have over 200 people on the wait list, so it was not likely that I would get a NP, but stranger things happen.

>

> And that sort of, was my point. If this one store - that has had economic issues off and on, received 40 putters then how many have the PGA superstore and some of the online stores gotten? This all makes me wonder just how limited this will be - we have heard a variety of numbers and the manager has no logical reason to make up a number. To take this a bit further - 251 have sold on ebay, and another 166 are available for sale (assuming they are in hand or have been shipping to sellers). To me, that does not sound as though it's that rare? Compare that to buttonback (which in my search included detour conversions), 11 for sale and 64 sold - that's rare/limited.

>

> Anyway, I am scratching my head with these numbers - some seems to be amiss - I don't know what, and for the record I am not a conspiracy believer type. Just something seems off.

>

>

The number of total putters released is between 6-8000. That’s limited. They were released to select Scotty accounts and not everyone.

Every rep knew how many they were allotted and it sounds like the rep for that area knew there would be demand so if the 40 is accurate and there was a waiting list he knew what to try and get. My shop was originally getting 3 but because of some demand the rep got an additional 3 for him. Don’t know if they came from one of his other accounts that wasn’t going to sell or if he looked after a better account.

> @thePINGman said:

> > @dillardiv said:

> > I've got my 33" Newport in the trunk of the car. Really torn as to keep it or let it go. Bought it knowing I could probably minimally get my money back in 12 months selling it. $600+ for a putter is a huge number.

>

> The rise in the cost of golf equipment is a real shame. It’s seems the industry standard for sticks now is $1400 dollars. Just imagine if in one year you bought a cell phone, a computer, some sticks and oh I don’t know some headphones, thats nearly $4000 bucks in depreciating assets.

>

> I keep thinking how everyone used to say golf is dying and the USGA says hey just play 9. Time isnt the only problem, it’s the **** cost. They are going to price themselves into oblivion.

>

> Meanwhile I’ll be a Callaway preowned....

>

In inflation-adjusted terms, golf equipment has gotten quite a bit cheaper over the past 20 years.

The Callaway Big Bertha C4 retailed for $540 in 2001, which is almost $800 in 2019 dollars.

The price point for the equivalent driver (Epic Flash) in 2019 is "only" $529...no movement in almost 20 years.

• Like 1

> @jaw2k9 said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @jaw2k9 said:

> >

>

>

>

>

>

If you don’t mind sharing, what bricks and mortar local shop got 40?

Must be a pretty big one

Yadi for President

I> @jaw2k9 said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @jaw2k9 said:

> >

>

>

>

>

>

I believe others who say it was a 6000-piece (or 2019 x 3) release, 2000 per model. I also believe that a lot of people who could get one just went ahead and got two or three, knowing they could easily sell what they didn't keep. The $599 price point is actually a steal, and a lot of people recognized that -- for example if a stock Phantom is $429, then a limited and iconic (to many) model at $170 more just isn't that much. It was a no-brainer for guys who spend gobs of money on golf, but also a reasonable splurge for guys that pick their spots more carefully.

> @drscott266 said:

> I just got mine finally, and I had no plans to game it (Toulon Las Vegas is dialed for me right now), but after a few putts I seriously like this T22. The grip is on the small side but seems to work for me... your results may very. Be aware that this stock grip seems pretty light, so it will affect swing weight if you go with a likely heavier superstroke.

The stock grip is 81 grams, the same as the Pistolero 81 grams. I weighed both today, after pulling off the grip on the T22.

Thanks for the info on the grip.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

> @tommygun said:

> I picked up two. One NP and one NP2. Keeping both. Supply was very short around here. Only one GG store received any and we only have one PGASS in town and both stores received about a dozen. That’s 24 putters in in a metro area with 4M people.

Surprised they were't all pre sold. What a joke this was. They should have limited to one per customer so all the vultures couldn't come in, buy them up and re sell.

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

> @sofla said:

> > @tommygun said:

> > I picked up two. One NP and one NP2. Keeping both. Supply was very short around here. Only one GG store received any and we only have one PGASS in town and both stores received about a dozen. That’s 24 putters in in a metro area with 4M people.

>

> Surprised they were't all pre sold. What a joke this was. They should have limited to one per customer so all the vultures couldn't come in, buy them up and re sell.

One per doesn’t help everyone get one. There’s ways around the limit

> @sofla said:

> > @tommygun said:

> > I picked up two. One NP and one NP2. Keeping both. Supply was very short around here. Only one GG store received any and we only have one PGASS in town and both stores received about a dozen. That’s 24 putters in in a metro area with 4M people.

>

> Surprised they were't all pre sold. What a joke this was. They should have limited to one per customer so all the vultures couldn't come in, buy them up and re sell.

That horse is long, long out of the barn, especially with online sales.

I went to all 3 of our local "golf / retail stores" (Edwin Watts, PGASS, and our small, local Golf Outlet) and ordered 1 putter from each. I also asked our Head Pro to try and get me one since he has been able to get me Limited putters in the past (like My Girls, Rors, Holidays, etc). I did so because I was worried that they would sell out so I wanted to have a good chance at getting one. I'm also a collector, so if I ended up with more than 1 I didn't really care. I ended up getting 3 out of the 4 (so far, my Head Pro contact hasn't come through but he is saying maybe in Sept). I was trying to get all 3 models but I now have 2 NP's and 1 NPII.

Our PGASS was supposed to get 12. From what I was told, they had 8 people pre-order (including me). When I went to the store to pick mine up they has 4 T22's on the sales floor along with the other Scotty's they sell. People were actually using them on the practice green! They had a FB on the floor that I should have purchased but I was holding out hope that my Pro would come through. The Edwin Watts received 6 and they were all sold through pre-orders. Our local golf store in our Tanger Outlet Mall was able to get 1 (mine). If my Pro can't come up with a FB I will be searching to see if anyone with a FB would like to trade for the extra NP that I have. I'm gaming the other NP that I got and was thinking about keeping an extra one GIP for the collection, but I don't really need to. I probably won't game the T22 that much so it will stay pretty clean.

> @T-MAC said:

> I went to all 3 of our local "golf / retail stores" (Edwin Watts, PGASS, and our small, local Golf Outlet) and ordered 1 putter from each. I also asked our Head Pro to try and get me one since he has been able to get me Limited putters in the past (like My Girls, Rors, Holidays, etc). I did so because I was worried that they would sell out so I wanted to have a good chance at getting one. I'm also a collector, so if I ended up with more than 1 I didn't really care. I ended up getting 3 out of the 4 (so far, my Head Pro contact hasn't come through but he is saying maybe in Sept). I was trying to get all 3 models but I now have 2 NP's and 1 NPII.

> Our PGASS was supposed to get 12. From what I was told, they had 8 people pre-order (including me). When I went to the store to pick mine up they has 4 T22's on the sales floor along with the other Scotty's they sell. People were actually using them on the practice green! They had a FB on the floor that I should have purchased but I was holding out hope that my Pro would come through. The Edwin Watts received 6 and they were all sold through pre-orders. Our local golf store in our Tanger Outlet Mall was able to get 1 (mine). If my Pro can't come up with a FB I will be searching to see if anyone with a FB would like to trade for the extra NP that I have. I'm gaming the other NP that I got and was thinking about keeping an extra one GIP for the collection, but I don't really need to. I probably won't game the T22 that much so it will stay pretty clean.

I have an NP and was secretly hoping a FB wasn’t spoken for so I could test em both out ?