2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2020 TaylorMade SIM and SIM Max drivers (in hand photos, M5/M6 comparison pics)

GolfWRX

Thanks for this. It is helpful. I am a bit like you as I fight spinning the ball up due to getting extremely steep I the backswing. This is a swing fault I am presently working on with my swing coach and not expecting the SIM to fix this fault. It does however cause a bit of a conundrum in that if I get the swing more on plane would I fit into the 9 or 10.5* head as I hear this is a pretty low spin head. Also, as my swing gets flatter I probably won’t need the 10.5* as reducing the loft would open the face and may end up leaving everything right of target. Some what of a puzzle.

Have a Sim Max 10.5 on order swing 100-105 depending on the day and where my swing is at. Ordered it with the Diamana S limited and got great results with it. 14 launch 2300 spin 240-250 carry low to mid 150’s ball speed. Don’t know my delivery numbers as it was on GC2 without HMT but I had it 1 notch higher so around 11 degrees. Came from an F9 that was 9 degrees that was too low launching so it is a welcome change.

Does anybody know why TM tips everything 1"? I'm think about ordering a SIM with a PX black smoke, but I'm not sure if I want to go with their standard tipping or soft by .5 or 1 inch......

Also, with a 59 gram shaft and ordering at 45" with a NDMC grip, will I get a heavier head to get close to stock SW?

My first range session with regular SIM 10.5. Coming from a hotmelted M5 9*. Using a Aldila Black 130 MSI 50 TS and AD DI 5 today. 97 mph SS and 10 hdcp.

As mentioned above, I get steep (10 capper) and it can be trouble. I worked hard on hitting up on it (as I should) and it came alive. Tinkered quite a bit with setting and found the best in upright lie, 10.5, and weight in the middle. Moving the weight in the track makes a serious difference in the sound and feel. Forgiveness is really good still.

This thing is the best looking TM driver in awhile. Seemed to be longer according to the eyeball and laser at the range I used last weekend. Going up to 10.5 and seemingly lower spin makes this thing go. Really good range session today.

Q6QGQPNH995S.jpeg

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I am really close to dialed it. I ended up lofting g up a click to 9.75 to I can keep the heavy weight in the toe. I was leaving the face open to path a bit too much with the weight in the toe and a 4g weight slightly toward heel. Pumped this thing all afternoon.

VDBXT0QS929K.jpg12 fairways is as many as I've hit in a long, long time.

Thanks. It's a course I play a lot. Biggest thing from the round today was the opportunities I had because of the driver, especially on the back 9 where fairways are tighter. 12 was a perfect example. Driver there left me a wedge approach. I'm usually an 8 or 9 iron in on a day with similar wind. On 15 I had 207 in where I usually am closer to 225-230. I drove 16 where I'm usually at least 20 yards short of the green.

I believe I found the setup that is perfect.

I average 105, top out at 107 when the stars align. I averaged 3* up and spin was right where I like it in the 22-2400 range.

Max did well at my fitting on Saturday to keep the ball in the air while still moving forward. Wasn't swinging my best at the fitting, but that's where SIM shined over my previous gamer Epic Flash. I'd rather it be better on my worst strikes than my best, because most drivers nowdays are going to perform on our best swings/strikes.

What surprised me the most was that the made for Ventus actually felt really good. Not rebar-y or too squirrely feeling. Going to tinker with a Velocore Ventus blue at 45" and hope they release weights if I need the swingweight up.

Dang that is a nice round!!

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Thanks dude. It could have been a lot better. Missed a 12 footer on 2, 4 footer for par on 4, 10 footer on 12, and 3 putted from 20 feet after reaching 15 in 2.

Yesterday was an important round for the driver. I played Saturday and had it set to standard loft (9) with the 4g weight a touch toward the heel and the 10g weight all the way in the toe. I found too many drives with a bit more fade than I want...mostly starting on line and turning more right than i want. I pulled the 10g toward the center and hit it straighter but both weights toward center killed spin big time. I hit a couple that just fell out of the sky.

So today was about how comfortable I'd be with a closed face at address. I have another round coming next weekend but it looks like I'll play it lofted up at 9.75 with the 10g either in the toe or the 10g weight on the fade side of the sweet spot. Basically having the weights equally split about 1/3 toward the heel and toe, respectively. I hit a couple of bombs with that setting. Will try to get them both on a launch monitor too. I bet I'm seeing another 2 mph in ballspeed with the weights toward the center.

is everyone finding the need to loft up with either model? my m5 typically launched closer to 14*... With the SIM 10.5 I was routinely between 10-11. SIM Max 10.5 had more spin than I liked but launched around 12.5*

I went with the SIM Max in 9* and seeing launch around 11*. Ive only had it for 2 days but Im thinking I might need up loft higher

For me the SIM was much lower launching than SIM Max, but even the SIM max is lower for me than m5

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

I think I’m having the opposite problem as JoeFrigo as you said about higher launch when I have been demoing the SIM and SIM Max. Noticing some launch of 14-16 at 105-110 MPH. For me personally it feels like I have a tendency to hit high on the face which is exacerbating it. And they are certainly low spin drivers.

I think the issue is that I’m used to a deep face TS4 and I need to start teeing the ball lower once my SIM Max is here since they are very shallow drivers.

The comment that I keep hearing as people hit it is that it reminds people of the SLDR but is more playable. While it has almost nothing in common with the SLDR, it does seem pretty low spin. Generally people do seem to need more loft. I know I do, but I am a bit of a odd case as I always need loft. I have tried the 9 degree head and even the 8 degree head. With the 9 degree really the best average I could get in launch was around 10-11. That is too low. So I am playing the 10.5 and have it up to about 12-13. The 8 degree head I was launching around 9 degree. That is way too low.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Yea ive had obviously the same issue. Every other driver on the market I launch around 13* and the m5 around 14 with low spin... Both SIM models the launch has been pretty darn close to the actual loft of the driver. I had a SLDR and remember how wild I was with it, so both SIM's definitely seem more playable

I went with SIM Max b/c it gave me the best avg ball speed and I figured I could eventually figure out a setup for optimal numbers. Its early still and I won't even be able to get it on the course for another 2 months but early monitor numbers have me a little concerned

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x