Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

34 minutes ago, Kscarguy said:

First round and headed back on the course for the second round as we speak. I love the love of them. For me the feel is amazing. Just need to figure out how far each of these go. Very pleased with the money I spent on them. They should last me at least 6 years

A64B827A-280F-4D58-B5D5-6719301D5771.jpeg

How's playability ? Pretty easy to use ?

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, Kscarguy said:

First round and headed back on the course for the second round as we speak. I love the love of them. For me the feel is amazing. Just need to figure out how far each of these go. Very pleased with the money I spent on them. They should last me at least 6 years

A64B827A-280F-4D58-B5D5-6719301D5771.jpeg

6 years?  Is this not golfwrx?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JourdanM said:

How's playability ? Pretty easy to use ?

I have 18 holes and two range sessions in. They are easier to hit than blades - or rather, they offer leniency on slight misses. However, if you compare them to a G425 or i210, they are harder to hit and have less room for error. I would very much compare them to a T100 with slightly more forgiveness on thin strikes.

I’m going i210 in 5, 6, and i59 7-pw

Edited by m_w
  • Thanks 1

Played 18 on Foresight yesterday and 18 on course today. Really an excellent set of irons. Forgiveness is often surprising, looks and feel are really great. I've never had a 5 iron that's so simple to hit consistently, so much so that I'm toying with ordering the 4i. My season is just about over so I can use the winter to figure out distances and possible lie adjustments. 

Could not be happier with these irons.

• Like 1

Signature!

2 hours ago, m_w said:

I’m going i210 in 5, 6, and i59 7-pw

After doing this.. . I'm awaiting the i525 release eagerly.  Don't get me wrong i210 are fantastic - bet the i525 are way closer in feel & characteristics. I would i500 right now, if I could find 5/6 irons orange dot/ retro spec loft

Edit: played i500 pre cancer diagnosis 

Edited by animalgolfs

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

11 hours ago, Kscarguy said:

Well, they feel great .  Only issue I had I shanked 2 shots though 😬. Just getting all the bugs out. I really like to look at address . And yes. I hope to keep these for 6 years. 

I've shot my 2 worst rounds of the year.....i59 only cost me one dbl though - chunky 8i into the creek short

Otherwise - I've hit really solid shots as this concerns me - using 6.0 ls shafts & my wrist are already tender. Hopefully - solid ball striking continues with the Recoil switch

• Haha 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

I now have two rounds on my I59 irons (4-P) and moved from I210. I’m a mid handicap and I’m find them just as forgiving as the I210 irons. Distances are very similar to my I210 which I like. I’m enjoying the ball fight of these more and probably has more to do with the shaft than club. I am also finding my dispersion is more consistent so far (only 1 round lot to go)

My playing partner was surprised how quickly I adjusted to them only having hit them at the range once. 

lastly I will note to my eyes they are a lot more pleasing at address. For me these check all the boxes I was looking for. 

30EDB311-A629-43DF-BB06-C9879D9C5EC1.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

I've shot my 2 worst rounds of the year.....i59 only cost me one dbl though - chunky 8i into the creek short

Otherwise - I've hit really solid shots as this concerns me - using 6.0 ls shafts & my wrist are already tender. Hopefully - solid ball striking continues with the Recoil switch

I'm alos using the 6.0 LS I wonder if I should of done the 6.5 soft stepped to help with the height my ball is going

10 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

I've shot my 2 worst rounds of the year....

How much do you want for them ? :classic_biggrin:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

14 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Every club in your bag is Ping! Don’t see too many with all one OEM in the bag! Are you a Ping staffer? The Sun Mountain bag tells me no. Haha 

Fortunately the scorecard doesn't know what club I scored with......probably snickered when I put down 7 

• Haha 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

On 10/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, Eidelweiss said:

I really like it. It's definitely harder off the face than most putters and makes a metallic pinging sound, but that's what gives it its charm.

Posted for you. It's like a little spoon, I love it

20211023_114936.jpg

Would you mind posting some more pics? Maybe a better address pic framing the ball? Thanks.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

26 minutes ago, PVSaluki said:

Got the call from my pro that mine came in yesterday! Luckily have Wednesday’s off. Booked early tee time today to try on range and 9 holes on the course. Play at a +2…former college golfer who played Mizuno Mp 32,67,57 and ping s56,55, iBlade, currently gaming mp 20 with $ taper 130. I59 are same set make up and loft. Although I made a mistake getting standard lies in ping because Mizuno standard lofts are flatter. They ran out of six iron shafts so I don’t have a six iron with this set yet. Ping says will ship mid December. Yikes. We are coming into our prime season in southwest Florida. Driver SS 112-115 for reference.

LOOKS

First impression is the finish of the pings compared to the chrome Mizunos. Man these look pure! And modern for what it’s worth to my 20s that are basically the same ol’ blade Mizuno had 15 years ago (love them). Pings are also “boxier” and visually less intimidating. I am not a fan of the toe screw. The extra grooves are not that noticeable. Love the familiar white bottom groove. The design on the back is slick like a sports car. Very sharp.

FEEL

Of note, the fitting club felt like crap compared to today with the actually epoxied set. Maybe this explains why the feedback has been meh. I’m really not sure why there is so much hate on the i59…(price??). The goods are in the feel. It’s that familiar S55 “click” when flushed. I was skeptical about an aluminum insert. These feel great. Mizuno no doubt buttery…these however have a nice solid click without any clunkiness. Mizuno feels softer, these are more solid. You can judge by my club history that I flip back and forth. Sometimes I feel numb to the soft Mizuno and a ping gives me that thwack I’m looking for.

FORGIVENESS 

Obviously, most clubs are going to be more forgiving than a Mizuno blade. The strongest part of my game is my irons. My miss tends to be smidge toward the heel and thin…which leads to a short right shot. I’m judging forgiveness on back to back shots I hit today. The first was from 208 with a 4 iron. The thin heel miss came out. I’ve had this second shot so many times at my club I was certain it would be in the green side bunker, but it covered. On the next hole I had 190 into the win, water short right and hit basically the same shot with a 5 iron…the ball covered again. The verdict is still out, but no surprise these have more forgiveness.

DISTANCE

I’ll get on trackman the next couple weeks. In the fitting, we didn’t see a change in distance. Lofts we’re all virtually the same. The fitting club did not feel well as mentioned before. On the course, I was hitting 2-4 balls from same distance alternating Mizuno and ping…no major difference noted at this point. Of course there is distance to consider on mishits as judged above. I love knock down PW, 9, and 8 irons…these deliver on maintaining the same trajectory as the mizunos. Was surprise out of the wet rough how these flighted as well. Probably some hydropearl placebo 😂.

OVERALL/FIRST IMPRESSION

I’ve played the MP 20s for almost 2 years. Just had a run with some of my best golf in a while the last 2 months for Florida Mid Am, club championships, and other small events. I have 2 months off to get these figured out. Im 35 and get ragged quite a bit by my old college teammates about still playing Mizuno blades. Pride I guess…I think the forgiveness these have to offer compared to them will place them firmly in the bag come tournament session in Jan and Feb here in Florida.

EE8065C1-B2D4-434A-BE91-EA780EF44A74.jpeg

ED56091F-6849-4438-8201-73589180D6F1.jpeg

ECA830C0-613F-4926-9BDF-D6BB8A817824.jpeg

87FD00FA-FC4F-49CB-B1BC-606840CF3A10.jpeg

C118A080-6D71-45F3-B20C-419035B9CABF.jpeg

great review. thanks for posting - makes me wish my 3 iron would show up. just so I can freeze to death in the Scottish winter on the golf course!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

42 minutes ago, PVSaluki said:

Got the call from my pro that mine came in yesterday! Luckily have Wednesday’s off. Booked early tee time today to try on range and 9 holes on the course. Play at a +2…former college golfer who played Mizuno Mp 32,67,57 and ping s56,55, iBlade, currently gaming mp 20 with $ taper 130. I59 are same set make up and loft. Although I made a mistake getting standard lies in ping because Mizuno standard lofts are flatter. They ran out of six iron shafts so I don’t have a six iron with this set yet. Ping says will ship mid December. Yikes. We are coming into our prime season in southwest Florida. Driver SS 112-115 for reference.

LOOKS

First impression is the finish of the pings compared to the chrome Mizunos. Man these look pure! And modern for what it’s worth to my 20s that are basically the same ol’ blade Mizuno had 15 years ago (love them). Pings are also “boxier” and visually less intimidating. I am not a fan of the toe screw. The extra grooves are not that noticeable. Love the familiar white bottom groove. The design on the back is slick like a sports car. Very sharp.

FEEL

Of note, the fitting club felt like crap compared to today with the actually epoxied set. Maybe this explains why the feedback has been meh. I’m really not sure why there is so much hate on the i59…(price??). The goods are in the feel. It’s that familiar S55 “click” when flushed. I was skeptical about an aluminum insert. These feel great. Mizuno no doubt buttery…these however have a nice solid click without any clunkiness. Mizuno feels softer, these are more solid. You can judge by my club history that I flip back and forth. Sometimes I feel numb to the soft Mizuno and a ping gives me that thwack I’m looking for.

FORGIVENESS 

Obviously, most clubs are going to be more forgiving than a Mizuno blade. The strongest part of my game is my irons. My miss tends to be smidge toward the heel and thin…which leads to a short right shot. I’m judging forgiveness on back to back shots I hit today. The first was from 208 with a 4 iron. The thin heel miss came out. I’ve had this second shot so many times at my club I was certain it would be in the green side bunker, but it covered. On the next hole I had 190 into the win, water short right and hit basically the same shot with a 5 iron…the ball covered again. The verdict is still out, but no surprise these have more forgiveness.

DISTANCE

I’ll get on trackman the next couple weeks. In the fitting, we didn’t see a change in distance. Lofts we’re all virtually the same. The fitting club did not feel well as mentioned before. On the course, I was hitting 2-4 balls from same distance alternating Mizuno and ping…no major difference noted at this point. Of course there is distance to consider on mishits as judged above. I love knock down PW, 9, and 8 irons…these deliver on maintaining the same trajectory as the mizunos. Was surprise out of the wet rough how these flighted as well. Probably some hydropearl placebo 😂.

OVERALL/FIRST IMPRESSION

I’ve played the MP 20s for almost 2 years. Just had a run with some of my best golf in a while the last 2 months for Florida Mid Am, club championships, and other small events. I have 2 months off to get these figured out. Im 35 and get ragged quite a bit by my old college teammates about still playing Mizuno blades. Pride I guess…I think the forgiveness these have to offer compared to them will place them firmly in the bag come tournament session in Jan and Feb here in Florida.

That is a great review.  Thanks so much.

1 question.....how do they compare going thru the ground.  I think the I59 has more bounce.  Does one get stuck more than the other

4 minutes ago, south side slugger said:

That is a great review.  Thanks so much.

1 question.....how do they compare going thru the ground.  I think the I59 has more bounce.  Does one get stuck more than the other

Great question. No noticeable difference yet on full shots. Do chip with a 9 iron as well. Seems fine.

1 hour ago, PVSaluki said:

LOOKS

FEEL

FORGIVENESS 

DISTANCE

OVERALL/FIRST IMPRESSION

Only thing I'll add- those low face, down a scoring line- toe shots are punishment 

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

I’m sure this is somewhere in this thread, but has anyone measured the ball speed of these vs. i210 or i200? I know i59 are not a replacement for those, but just curious. Thanks. 

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS