2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Srixon 2020 Irons ZX7, ZX5, ZX Utility

GolfSwang

Let’s keep this guy going…

Played my first round with the zx7’s yesterday.  Absolutely love them!  What a wonderful feeling iron with really good forgiveness.  This is my first run with Srixon’s and so far very impressed.

For this zx utility players, what shaft have you gone with?  I’m looking at adding a 2i and need a 95gr graphite shaft.  Thinking of going either addi, accra or something with that smooth mid.  TIA!

• Like 1

Cobra   Darkspeed LS 10.5   Accra Tz5 65 M5

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

3 hours ago, wam78 said:

Played my first round with the zx7’s yesterday.  Absolutely love them!  What a wonderful feeling iron with really good forgiveness.  This is my first run with Srixon’s and so far very impressed.

For this zx utility players, what shaft have you gone with?  I’m looking at adding a 2i and need a 95gr graphite shaft.  Thinking of going either addi, accra or something with that smooth mid.  TIA!

The ad di was nice, as was the steelfiber 95(used both). Currently shafted up with a 90s mmt as I'm getting along w the 105 mmts in the rest of the set 

• Thanks 1

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

On 3/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, AWD430 said:

Has anyone hit or own the zx7’s with MMT 105s in them? I went to the local golf store today and all they had it with was modus 120s flex. Current irons have kbs tour 120 s flex but feel a little harsh for me sometimes. Like I have to work too much some rounds. Have had success in the past with CTL’s in a set of  765s. Think I would like to go something a little lighter weight but need something in lower launch category. 

If youre looking for lower launch, other better options than mmts 105. 

• Like 1

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

5 hours ago, wam78 said:

The stock UST is right in that range. I switched out to a 105 MMT utility and ended up putting the UST back in. 

22 hours ago, wam78 said:

give the recoil Dart a shot, they are smooth and the launch and feel are the best i have ever had in a hybrid

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Granted it helps getting these at a large discount but I just fit a fresh set of Zx7’s with PX LZ 6.0. IMO these are the best irons Srixon has ever released. Straight up outperform every other iron 

• Like 3
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

I hate to admit this, but I abandoned my zx7s after my vacation last summer in favor of my trusty Legacy Blacks (same shafts, btw - Recoil 95 f4).  Very recently had MMT 105s soft stepped once put into a spare set of Legacy Black heads that I have.  Only had limited time with them late in the season, but they are "it" right now.  I loved the feel on the zx7s but something was lacking in performance and I think that shaft wasn't a good match for me with those heads.  We'll see if I drop some different shafts in them next season, but will give the Stensons and the MMTs a couple of solid months of play before making any decisions.  

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

@Hawkeye77 Interesting that you say that. I have a 3-PW set of Legacy Blacks I'm thinking of putting the MMT 125TX in. 

I have the shaft in my ZX7's and coming from PX 6.5 for years I absolutely love them.

This may push me to get them done sooner.

• Like 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

I have the MMT 105 shaft in my ZX7 irons and it's a perfect fit for me.  In fact, I don't know what iron I'll switch to years down the road but I know the MMT shaft will be the first one I use in the fitting.  Additionally, the ZX7 iron feels incredible.  I was playing the i210s which I wanted to love but I just didn't. The ZX7 reminds me of my Mizuno JPX900 Forged that I mistakenly sold.  

• Like 4

Cobra LTD X

Titleist TSi2 3W

PXG Hybrid 17/22

Srixon ZX5 5 iron

Srixon ZX7  6-PW

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Mizuno M Craft I or IV

On 11/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, Meerkat213 said:

I have the MMT 105 shaft in my ZX7 irons and it's a perfect fit for me.  In fact, I don't know what iron I'll switch to years down the road but I know the MMT shaft will be the first one I use in the fitting.  Additionally, the ZX7 iron feels incredible.  I was playing the i210s which I wanted to love but I just didn't. The ZX7 reminds me of my Mizuno JPX900 Forged that I mistakenly sold.  

how do u like those shafts

A year and a half later and I’m still ogling over these zx7s but can’t pull the trigger..

I just can’t give up my beloved mizunos! Why am I so loyal? I know the vsole will give me what I need! 

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

7 hours ago, DaRiz said:

A year and a half later and I’m still ogling over these zx7s but can’t pull the trigger..

I just can’t give up my beloved mizunos! Why am I so loyal? I know the vsole will give me what I need! 

Do yourself a favour and pull the trigger!

At least test them out in a fitting…all the hype about the ZX7’s is real!!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

WITB on WRX

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on a Zx5 8 iron with Recoil F3 to compare to my current 565 8 iron Modus 105S.

My combo set is 565/765 so i got an 8 iron to directly compare to my current set.

I have Recoil Darts in my hybrids and absolutely love them but have not tried Recoils in an iron until today.

I will also get a ZX7 to compare but wanted to start with ZX5 and do one comparison at a time.

I am rarely impressed with new irons but that all changed today. I am a big Srixon fan and they make underrated and excellent equipment. Srixon irons are the best irons I have ever had and I have tried everything, especially considering I am an Iron and Shaft Ho. 

The ZX5 iron felt smooth, launched in a perfect high trajectory and was very forgiving. For me they are a major improvement over my 565. I love how they look, and have no offset and sit perfectly behind the ball. I will be buying a new set for sure, just a question of if its a full set or a mixed set. 

Has anyone else tried the Recoil f3 shaft ? Looking for some feedback on that. I read all the reviews and the ZX5 certainly lives us to the high expectations

• Like 1

If one has the ZX5 and ZX7 6 irons at the same loft meaning bend the ZX5 to add 1 degree of loft does anyone know of the distance will be the same. I would assume so. I’ve heard the ZX5 will launch higher with maybe less spin so would that mean it will go farther?  I haven’t tested myself yet but plan to when my ZX5 has the same shaft as my ZX7 6 iron. I’m thinking about going combo set after playing this year with only ZX7s.  Irons were great so wondering if I’ll get more forgiveness with 4-6 as ZX5. 

Just now, gsrjc said:

If one has the ZX5 and ZX7 6 irons at the same loft meaning bend the ZX5 to add 1 degree of loft does anyone know of the distance will be the same. I would assume so. I’ve heard the ZX5 will launch higher with maybe less spin so would that mean it will go farther?  I haven’t tested myself yet but plan to when my ZX5 has the same shaft as my ZX7 6 iron. I’m thinking about going combo set after playing this year with only ZX7s.  Irons were great so wondering if I’ll get more forgiveness with 4-6 as ZX5. 

Based on my fitting it depends on your swing. I was thinking I'd go combo set but the ZX5 actually went shorter for me because I hit it way too high. This was a fitting so both 6 irons were stock loft. ZX5 still went shorter. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Just now, bhj83 said:

Based on my fitting it depends on your swing. I was thinking I'd go combo set but the ZX5 actually went shorter for me because I hit it way too high. This was a fitting so both 6 irons were stock loft. ZX5 still went shorter. 

I see. Good info to have. I plan on getting on trackman and will see what happens. 

Just now, gsrjc said:

I see. Good info to have. I plan on getting on trackman and will see what happens. 

I've had the ZX7 since March and I will say it's more forgiving than you might think. Love these irons!

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Super late to the party, but I recently just built up a set of ZX7s (4-Pw) w/ X100 TIs. I tend to prefer weaker/more traditionally lofted irons and so I bent the set 2° weak which took away a touch of offset as well which was a big plus.

Have about 10 rounds on em (year round golf here in Arizona) and I gotta say I’m beyond impressed with the playability. Forgiveness is some of the best I have experienced in a players cavity and the feel out of the middle is arguably the best I’ve experienced in a long time and I’m coming from a well worn set of MP20 MMC’s. Overall, I’m beyond impressed with the ZX7s and highly recommend em to anyone that’s been holding off

• Like 1

Dr: Ping G410 LST 9* (@8*) - ???

3w: Taylormade 300 Mini Driver 13.5* - ???

UDI: Titleist U505 2i @19* - Mitsubishi Chem MMT UT 125TX

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-Pw, 1* weak) - Mitsubishi Chem MMT 125TX

Gw: Titleist Vokey SM8 50.08F (@52.10) - Mitsubishi Chem MMT Scoring Wedge 125TX

Sw: Titleist Vokey SM8 56.12D (@57.13) - Mitsubishi Chem MMT Scoring Wedge 125TX

Lw: Titleist Vokey SM8 60.08M (@62.10) - Mitsubishi Chem MMT Scoring Wedge 125TX

P: SIK Flo Tour Issue Center Shafted - LA Golf TPZOne80

Ball: Callaway Chromesoft X LS

Benched: Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* and SIM2 Ti 19*

I've had my ZX7s in 5-P with DGTI s400 shafts in them since September, and I can't find anything wrong with them.  They're very forgiving irons and distance is consistent as well.  I was coming from some PTx Pros in the same make-up, and the ZX7s fly higher for me and the spin is still controllable.  I also have no issues flighting the irons lower when need be either.  

I'm currently debating getting a 4 utility iron to mess around with, but I've had a Super 9031 23* hybrid in the bag, and it's such a good club for me.  My experiments with Utility irons this past year have been hit or miss, and the hybrid has been so consistent for me for years that it's hard to try anything else.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 11/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, jah7838 said:

I've had my ZX7s in 5-P with DGTI s400 shafts in them since September, and I can't find anything wrong with them.  They're very forgiving irons and distance is consistent as well.  I was coming from some PTx Pros in the same make-up, and the ZX7s fly higher for me and the spin is still controllable.  I also have no issues flighting the irons lower when need be either.  

I'm currently debating getting a 4 utility iron to mess around with, but I've had a Super 9031 23* hybrid in the bag, and it's such a good club for me.  My experiments with Utility irons this past year have been hit or miss, and the hybrid has been so consistent for me for years that it's hard to try anything else.  

You can go with the 4I in the ZX5. I normally dont play a 4i, but this one is forgiving enough for me to handle. I also have a 2 and 3i in the ZXU. They are easy to hit, and easy to elevate. I used to play hybrids, and now switch the 2/3i in and out of my bag depending on what I need. 

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

3 hours ago, blink3665 said:

You can go with the 4I in the ZX5. I normally dont play a 4i, but this one is forgiving enough for me to handle. I also have a 2 and 3i in the ZXU. They are easy to hit, and easy to elevate. I used to play hybrids, and now switch the 2/3i in and out of my bag depending on what I need. 

I went ahead and ordered the 4 Utility this morning.  I'm going to pull the shaft from my 4 hybrid and put it in the Utility when it arrives.  I have a Proforce Tour Weight shaft in the hybrid now.  I like how it launches, and I think it'll be a good combo with the Srixon.  

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

• 1 month later...

any updates on the MMT iron shafts? 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mp14forlife said:

Wondering if someone can confirm if srixon uses "A" and "B" weight heads? I am thinking of ordering a set of zx7's and they'll be 1 inch extended but want to be sure I get the "A" weight head. Appreciate any info. 

you can just add appropriate tip weights if needed? Ive used, broken down and rebuild probably about 5 or 6 different variations of zx5/7  and never had something jump out 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

On 1/6/2022 at 6:06 PM, Mp14forlife said:

Wondering if someone can confirm if srixon uses "A" and "B" weight heads? I am thinking of ordering a set of zx7's and they'll be 1 inch extended but want to be sure I get the "A" weight head. Appreciate any info. 

I don't know which is which, but I ordered mine 1/2 inch longer and Srixon confirmed that the heads would be the slightly lighter heads.

Here is what I was told:  

The 3 and 4 iron heads are 7.5 grams lighter, 5/6 are 7g, 7 is 6.5g, 8 is 5.5g, 9 is 6g, PW is 6.5g, and AW is 6g lighter. So on average it's about 3 swingweight points to match up with the added length.

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mp14forlife said:

Yes, they do. I've had this confirmed directly by Srixon and in fact I ordered some B heads myself as I play my irons over length. 

Apparently they also make C weight heads as well which are heavier, for shorter iron builds. 

Here's how my ZX5s came out in terms of swing weight. Bear in mind that these are for ungripped irons with Recoil 95s at +1/2". 

20211111_111644.jpg.29baa1bca062e4093c5c4b81b4c8679f.jpg

Edited by MMB1500