G425 delivery times

moadhia

On 3/22/2021 at 7:24 AM, OnTheRocks said:

Still waiting on a G425 LST that was preordered back in January... had multiple correspondence with PING at this point.  Back on Feb 5th, ship date was Feb 10...on Feb 17th, was told the shaft was coming in the following day and club would ship the next week.  March 4th, the shaft was now coming in 1-2 weeks so I changed the shaft on March 4th to one "in-stock".  Was told it would go to production immediately and ship that day or the next.  Finally, March 15th, told club is "in production" and will ship out in 1-2 days.  I really don't care about the delays, just wish I would be getting good information from the source on this.  Still love PING, just getting frustrated on this one! 

Canceled my order with Ping...I guess this gives me more opportunity to test...ordered sight unseen.

• Like 1

Ping Woods, Irons and Wedges
Cameron Phantom X9.5

I have a Ping fitting at my club (Outdoor Trackman) on April 7th.  Would seem like the perfect opportunity on grass at my home range with Trackman.  But kind of thinking, what is the point if I can’t get a custom order for however long?  I have a total knee replacement scheduled for November and will be out most of the winter.  Who knows what effect that will have on my swing and SS when I get back next spring?

Maybe a great opportunity normally will be a waste now?

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

2 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

I have a Ping fitting at my club (Outdoor Trackman) on April 7th.  Would seem like the perfect opportunity on grass at my home range with Trackman.  But kind of thinking, what is the point if I can’t get a custom order for however long?  I have a total knee replacement scheduled for November and will be out most of the winter.  Who knows what effect that will have on my swing and SS when I get back next spring?

Maybe a great opportunity normally will be a waste now?

If you turn out like a friend of mine your new knee will knock 3 strokes off your handicap. 😆

• Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

8 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

If you turn out like a friend of mine your new knee will knock 3 strokes off your handicap. 😆

The surgeon plays at my club and is a great guy and a great surgeon.  I asked him if there was any chance the knee could turn out worse after the replacement?  He put the x-ray back up and said again...this knee is terrible.  You have zero cartilage left so it is all bone on bone.  He said no, it can’t get any worse than it is.  
So, the risk reward sounds pretty favorable 😁

• Like 2

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

3 hours ago, rxk9fan said:

The surgeon plays at my club and is a great guy and a great surgeon.  I asked him if there was any chance the knee could turn out worse after the replacement?  He put the x-ray back up and said again...this knee is terrible.  You have zero cartilage left so it is all bone on bone.  He said no, it can’t get any worse than it is.  
So, the risk reward sounds pretty favorable 😁

Best of luck with your knee replacement and hope the recovery won’t be too rough.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 3/25/2021 at 10:22 PM, Bymericke said:

I ordered a G425 LST 9 degree driver with a stiff Tensei orange 55 shaft on February 8th and I haven’t received it yet.

I ordered a G425 LST 3 wood with a stiff Tensei Orange 75 shaft on February 17th and I received it March 25th.

I got my driver March 31st...so about 7 weeks.

4 hours ago, dbone919 said:

I ordered a G425 3H and it took 7 weeks exactly. I ordered it with the Ping Tour 85X and a CP2 wrap mid. Guessing the grip was the hold up from what I’ve read on here but it was worth the wait. Fantastic all around hybrid! 

Have you played it yet? Please tell me it’s as good as advertised from testing. 

Ping G425 LST  10.5* -  Ping Tour 65x
TaylorMade R15 3W - Speeder Evolution S
Ping G425 2 Hybrid 17* - Ping Tour 85x
Mizuno 921F 4-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 60
TaylorMade Spider - Counterweight 

1 hour ago, Hollywoodtlb said:

Have you played it yet? Please tell me it’s as good as advertised from testing. 

I have been able to get a few rounds in with it here in MI. It is as good as advertised albeit from a small sample size.  Im coming from the G400 and like everything about it better and the 400 was no slouch. Ive hit a couple ropes with it on a 235yrd par 4 and am impressed with its stopping power...both within 10-12ft of the ball mark. Of course i dont hit them all that good and find its forgiveness excellent as well. It can do whatever you need it to best I can tell so far exactly like a hybrid should. 

Edited by dbone919

On 3/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, Mario52 said:

Was told the irons I ordered on 1-28 are now expected to ship on 4-8.  We'll see.  I hope they do as I am missing opportunities to play now with the weather breaking and not having irons.  I could borrow a set from a friend but hate to be that guy.

My order was for graphite (Ping Alta CB regular flex), +.5 inch, green dot,  with mid size grips.  If it is the grips holding things up, I would have settled for any midsize option but was not told that grips were the problem. 

If there is another delay, I'll likely get a different brand.

Just a follow-up- my irons were delivered today.  Basically, it took 9&1/2 weeks from order to delivery for my set of custom irons.

They look and feel great and Ping did do a nice job of packing them  The irons were packed with a padded iron head cover for shipping. 

The hybrid I ordered did not take as long. 

The crossover was cancelled, the reason I was given was out of stock.

Hope you all stay in the short grass.

8 hours ago, Mario52 said:

Just a follow-up- my irons were delivered today.  Basically, it took 9&1/2 weeks from order to delivery for my set of custom irons.

They look and feel great and Ping did do a nice job of packing them  The irons were packed with a padded iron head cover for shipping. 

The hybrid I ordered did not take as long. 

The crossover was cancelled, the reason I was given was out of stock.

Hope you all stay in the short grass.

Very similar to the same specs I have on order (blue dot versus green) and was quoted 4 weeks 2 weeks ago. Hopefully things are running smoothly on their end with their own products.

On 1/31/2021 at 12:11 PM, theorangeman said:

I bought Ping G710s from Golf Galaxy (same as Dick's) last year.  Because I already had the 7 iron, I customized the set to include 6-pw without the 7.  Since this was a "customized" set, even though I didn't do any customizing of the irons, it was still viewed as a customized order and it took a couple of months to get them.  They come directly from Ping. 

I have a G425 iron set on order to compare them with my 710s.  This time I selected a stock set to avoid a longer shipping delay.  I was told shipping Feb 4, which I hope is correct.

This is upsetting to hear. I’m in the middle of trying to figure out when I’ll have my, custom, Ping 710 iron set that I ordered Feb 9. Have had a delivery date of March 31st, since about a week after the order. Ever since the second week of Feb, no status change on Dicks website. Just “preparing for delivery” and still has Mar 31st as well estimated delivery date. 5 days after that specific date. Anyone know if the order # I have from Dicks (To check status) would be of any use if I were to call

Ping? Any info is appreciated. 

7 hours ago, GeorgiePorgie said:

This is upsetting to hear. I’m in the middle of trying to figure out when I’ll have my, custom, Ping 710 iron set that I ordered Feb 9. Have had a delivery date of March 31st, since about a week after the order. Ever since the second week of Feb, no status change on Dicks website. Just “preparing for delivery” and still has Mar 31st as well estimated delivery date. 5 days after that specific date. Anyone know if the order # I have from Dicks (To check status) would be of any use if I were to call

Ping? Any info is appreciated. 

you will need to call Dick's customer service not Ping.  The order number is for Dick's.  All G710 orders have been quoted 10 weeks for delivery per Ping.  My GG store just received in some stock G710 irons which we haven't had in stock for months.

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, dbone919 said:

I ordered a G425 3H and it took 7 weeks exactly. I ordered it with the Ping Tour 85X and a CP2 wrap mid. Guessing the grip was the hold up from what I’ve read on here but it was worth the wait. Fantastic all around hybrid! 

My 6H came in today which is 6 weeks and 4 days from order.  Luckily they had a 5 wood in stock at the shop I ordered from so picking them both up tomorrow. 

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

10 hours ago, tbone18 said:

you will need to call Dick's customer service not Ping.  The order number is for Dick's.  All G710 orders have been quoted 10 weeks for delivery per Ping.  My GG store just received in some stock G710 irons which we haven't had in stock for months.

Thanks, for the info. Yeah, Dicks doesn’t have anything to say, besides “wait”. It’s out of their hands. Just weird to me that the delivery date, still today, says March 31st. It’s April 6th. Lol. Might be a good thing though. I’ve been reading about folks being extremely happy with the 710s, with the only complaint (and it’s everywhere) being the black sole getting scratched. I wonder if there is some product/service that I could use on the clubs, prior to putting them in the bag, that would help the black hold up a little better/longer. 

I just ordered a pretty much stock G425 (12*, Alta CB) driver from our local shop today and the owner would not quote me a wait time.  He did, correctly as I see from this thread, discourage me from asking for a midsize MCC grip as he thought I might not see the driver until the fall at this rate.  It is the first driver I have demoed that clearly blew my G25 out of the water.  Much more stable and a little longer.

Wonder how long a wait it would be for a G425 5 hybrid with a Tensei Orange regular flex shaft?

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: Ping G410 26 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i230 5-U w/Nippon Modulus3 105S
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge SW w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 Tour Issue 64 deg w/DG S400
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #10
Ball: Titleist ProV1x (2021) 

7 hours ago, njlam said:

Wonder how long a wait it would be for a G425 5 hybrid with a Tensei Orange regular flex shaft?

I ordered a 3h with Tensei Orange (stiff) on 3/3 and just got it yesterday, so just over a month. I talked to Ping and they said if I ordered the same thing right now, it would be a minimum of 8 weeks.

Played after work yesterday and that thing is so forgiving and long. Loving it so far.

I ordered a 9* G425 LST 2 weeks ago.   Shaft doesn’t matter as it is getting an ACCRA but still nervous 😬 about delivery time. 

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I ordered the G425 irons on 2/22. Green dot, stock Nippon 105’s and stock grip. Supposed to ship 4/15 but shop said they have been missing ship dates. Starting to get antsy. 

PING G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

PING Tisi Tec 14° Fairway Aldila 350 S

Cobra Aerojet Hybrid 19° KBS PGI S

PING iCrossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Pro 5-G DG 105 S

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52° DG Spinner 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58° DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5

Well after a relatively short wait (4 weeks, so not too bad) my g425 max with tour ad di shaft arrived on Thursday. Hit it on the range and a quick 9 holes to test it against my current gamer. I took it out for 18 today and the first three tee shots went dead straight. After a few more I started to say to myself that I didn’t like the sound of it. The it started cutting/ fading more than I am used too.  Went to the range after the round because my back nine I hit it like crap, So I go to put some lead tape on the heal and find that the entire bottom blew out on it. Totally crazy, and I will call my ping rep on Monday, (I figure there will likely be a few week wait for a replacement, so thankfully I have another driver I hit pretty well). 6758A8CC-2C70-4E54-95C4-AD5FBBC7FF06.jpeg.39dd055faf70840302ce9dc8f5e89d8f.jpegD64B43CC-0934-486D-96C5-CE1E8DF78DBB.jpeg.1f0ba6142bde595ceaca12129433e3e2.jpegD64B43CC-0934-486D-96C5-CE1E8DF78DBB.jpeg.1f0ba6142bde595ceaca12129433e3e2.jpeg

• Sad 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

Just came from a driver fitting and was going to order a G425 Max but the shaft I wanted (Tensei Raw Orange 65s) is approximately 16 weeks delayed. Yikes. Went with the Epic Speed as the numbers were basically the same with a touch less spin and it was in stock in store. All I need to do is change the grip. 

1 hour ago, Skhacker said:

Just came from a driver fitting and was going to order a G425 Max but the shaft I wanted (Tensei Raw Orange 65s) is approximately 16 weeks delayed. Yikes. Went with the Epic Speed as the numbers were basically the same with a touch less spin and it was in stock in store. All I need to do is change the grip. 

16 weeks!!! Wow

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

On 3/20/2021 at 11:10 PM, kerila07 said:

Local fitter posted this after receiving this week 

120AF6A5-E4DF-4110-959C-20221C2A93D9.jpeg

I hope this is, fairly, accurate. I know, for a fact, it’s not “exactly” accurate, as I ordered a custom (shaft & grips) set of G710 irons on Feb 9th and was given a eta of March 31st as delivery date. This was done through Dicks. Today is April 13th, and when I check my order status, it still says the same thing it said the day after the order was placed. “Estimated delivery date of 3-31-21”. Lol. Frustrated but not mad. Frustration is coming from the fact that Dicks doesn’t even update the info on your order, on its website. How can it still say “delivery date 3-31-21, when we are 2 weeks past that date. I have no idea when to expect them. It sucks. But, it is what it is. I wish I would have ordered directly through Ping, that way to could call Ping with a Ling order # and get an update or any info as to when to expect the clubs. I was told that my order # from Dicks wouldn’t help if I called Ping, as it’s Dicks “order #” not Pings. I don’t know if that’s true or not. I, honestly, have no clue. Just have to sit and wait. It’s been 10 weeks since the order of as placed.