SRIXON IRONS SOLD OUT!?

kjmtthws

6 hours ago, btyh said:

How is that embarrassing? I would take it as complimentary. 

The inability to make money because of supply chain issues is not so much embarrassing but it's definitely not complimentary. The point of being is business is to make money, last I checked. Srixon needs to fix this but, I'm not worried about it.

On another note, Z-Forged are still my favorite modern MB's used other than the Cobra MBs. 

Edited by Stanks
  • Like 1

I certainly understand the supply chain issues and the effects COVID is having on the world.  I don't fault Srixon for the lack of ability to meet demand.  My only complaint would be if they took orders (including mine) when they did not have inventory to meet the orders they were taking.  

You can't blame COVID for not knowing what your inventory levels are. 

If management does not have a handle on inventory, then they should be replaced.  If I were to schedule 1200 people for COVID vaccinations and I only had 950 doses, I would need to find a new job.  If we gave 950 people Pfizers vaccine, then I would be expected to have 950 second doses for those same people in 21 days.

If you take my money and fail to mention it will take 7 to 10 weeks to get the product, then you should find something you are better at to do.  

I don't need the clubs.  I have a great set of Srixon Z945's.  But, it is hard for me to support a business that can't subtract what they have sold from the number they produced.  Pretty simple math that isn't reliant on any resource or raw material.

• Thanks 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Just now, Stanks said:

The inability to make money because of supply chain issues is not so much embarrassing but it's definitely not complimentary. The point of being is business is to make money, last I checked. Srixon needs to fix this but, I'm not worried about it.

On another note, Z-Forged are still my favorite modern MB's used other than the Cobra MBs. 

We will never know exactly why but I take it as they made what will sell and also sit. And they exceeded it. So they made the money they expected and now they made demand so they will have more money made once the clubs are built And sent out. No honest clue just my assumptions 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

I certainly understand the supply chain issues and the effects COVID is having on the world.  I don't fault Srixon for the lack of ability to meet demand.  My only complaint would be if they took orders (including mine) when they did not have inventory to meet the orders they were taking.  

If management does not have a handle on inventory, then they should be replaced.  If I were to schedule 1200 people for COVID vaccinations and I only had 950 doses, I would need to find a new job.  If we gave 950 people Pfizers vaccine, then I would be expected to have 950 second doses for those same people in 21 days.

If you take my money and fail to mention it will take 7 to 10 weeks to get the product, then you should find something you are better at to do.  

I don't need the clubs.  I have a great set of Srixon Z945's.  But, it is hard for me to support a business that can't subtract what they have sold from the number they produced.  Pretty simple math that isn't reliant on any resource or raw material.

You are assuming there is a relationship between orders and inventory. They might start with 1000 pieces in stock with the ability to produce 250/month so they take orders. If they get more orders then they have currently on hand, they will sell out, but there is more on the way as they are likely still producing them.

Ping had executives working to build clubs because they ran out of manpower. You forecast and hope for the best.

But I doubt they stopped making clubs so if you have an order pending, it will likely get filled in the order received.

You make it sound like they are trying to run a ponzi scheme by selling clubs that aren't on the shelf.

• Like 2

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

38 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

Need to fire Taylormade, Ping, Mizuno, and Srixon management. 

So if Srixon gets their heads from Japan and Japan goes into a 1 month lock down next month because of Covid that is Srixons fault?

This is really too soon to assess if this is an actual debacle for Srixon, or just some "growing pains" in the midst of an unprecedented golf boom during a global pandemic.  Ping has had major delays for months.  These OEM's are slammed--and any that are not, no good for them, because the rest of them are... 

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

I assume that a team should be able to count.  You turn on the out of stock sign when you don't have inventory available.  I will go back to the vaccine because I am neck deep into it and the inventory relationship is relative.  I have thousands of doses on order from multiple manufacturers all saying we will make x number of doses.  We have had carriers ship doses to the wrong entity, we have had the state fail to release as expected, we have manufacturers that have issues and can't ship anywhere near what they promised...but we still have a responsibility to not schedule vaccinations until we can supply the vaccine.  If we can't get it we are telling patients we do not have it.

I don't care what they are being promised for future inventory nor what is happening to their supply chain.  It isn't my business.  But if it were, I would know how many sets I had available to sell.  

As I have said, I do not blame them for lack of inventory.  I do think knowing your on hand inventory should be pretty easy.

• Like 1

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

16 minutes ago, TrueWRX said:

Need to fire Taylormade, Ping, Mizuno, and Srixon management. 

So if Srixon gets their heads from Japan and Japan goes into a 1 month lock down next month because of Covid that is Srixons fault?

I don't care if their heads come from the moon.  I do think they should be able to count what they receive from any location and count what they have sold at all locations.  Do we think they don't have the ability to scan in what they receive and scan out what they ship?  The idea would be when you scan the last one out you alert your customers to the fact that you don't have any more to ship.  Then when more come in, you put them up for sale.

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Good thing I found a set at retail then !  I get the buzz now

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

4 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

I don't care if their heads come from the moon.  I do think they should be able to count what they receive from any location and count what they have sold at all locations.  Do we think they don't have the ability to scan in what they receive and scan out what they ship?  The idea would be when you scan the last one out you alert your customers to the fact that you don't have any more to ship.  Then when more come in, you put them up for sale.

Let me guess...if they somehow nailed the real time inventory management, as you’re suggesting is super easy to do, and pulled the sale of clubs off the site after 2 weeks because their original inventory sold out, then you’d be bashing them for not forecasting demand and releasing a club that they couldn’t actually distribute at scale?  Got it.  Go buy clubs from another manufacturer if it’s so upsetting. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cardoustie said:

Good thing I found a set at retail then !  I get the buzz now

I got minus 8 degrees here, and 8 inches of snow covering ice.  That goes perfect with a discussion over expectations of when my clubs will arrive.  

Sorry to offend folks.  When my clubs get here really isn't an issue.  This would not be the first time I was wrong for sure!!  You ought to see some of my club selections from the rough and behind the trees.

Edited by rxk9fan

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

-8 ?  Puppy temps my man 

I have been in northern Saskatchewan in Feb and it was -50C (-60*F) ... before windchill !!!!!!!

it was likely -60 ... or -75F for you USA chaps.  Car batteries are plugged in during the winter

• Like 2

EvnRoll ER9

This is literally in every market there is. Went sofa shopping at Macy’s today. “Stock” orders are taking 90 days anything custom is September at the earliest. 

Try putting together a set of Taylormades, think 03/29 was the earliest last time I checked. I ordered a TSi3 in December and it was back ordered till February because of the Titleist Tour Velvet Full Cord. 

Covid has caused massive supply chain issues in every facet of the manufacturing process. There’s even a shortage of driver to get product from port to factory. It’s crazy. 

just happy I got mine ordered and delivered prior to the shortage. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

2 minutes ago, Lefty1283 said:

Let me guess...if they somehow nailed the real time inventory management, as you’re suggesting is super easy to do, and pulled the sale of clubs off the site after 2 weeks because their original inventory sold out, then you’d be bashing them for not forecasting demand and releasing a club that they couldn’t actually distribute at scale?  Got it.  Go buy clubs from another manufacturer if it’s so upsetting. 

As I said, not the first time to realize I just might be wrong.  

Maybe golf clubs are harder to count than I think.  I know that Amerisource Bergen has over 40,000 customers and sells thousands  of products to each one of them.  They can tell me the exact number of each product they have real time.  

I know that it takes me less than 15 seconds to look up any item in any of our pharmacies and I can tell you the number of doses we have. We have a team that monitors each dose coming in and each dose going out.  This is in spite of shortages of all kinds, weather delays, plant closings in other parts of the world, on and on.  It is not always easy.  However it is a necessity to know what we have and what we can supply real time.

I understand you are going to defend their forecasters if they run out in two weeks after release date.  You are defending their inability to operate real time inventory management in 2021?  

It is happening with all kinds of products.  It can't be helped.  Srixon would love to have clubs in stock for every single potential buyer.  But, I feel they should know when they can't supply and communicate this before they make the sale.

I went into the local mall 2 weeks ago to order my Mother a sleep by number bed (she has been in quarantine since March).  They told me it would be 3 weeks before they could get one in stock to deliver.  I bought the bed and now expect it in a week.  They knew they were out of beds and communicated that to the customer.  Supply is an issue.  Counting and communication should not be.

• Like 1

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

1 hour ago, btyh said:

We will never know exactly why but I take it as they made what will sell and also sit. And they exceeded it. So they made the money they expected and now they made demand so they will have more money made once the clubs are built And sent out. No honest clue just my assumptions 

It’s crazy how Koepka can move the dial to Srixon. When he was hot, the price of Mizuno 900T moved up. Bryson brought value back to the Tour forged one lengths when he got big and won too. It’s amazing to see what these guys can do to the consumer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

Maybe golf clubs are harder to count than I think.  I know that Amerisource Bergen has over 40,000 customers and sells thousands  of products to each one of them.  They can tell me the exact number of each product they have real time.  

I know that it takes me less than 15 seconds to look up any item in any of our pharmacies and I can tell you the number of doses we have. We have a team that monitors each dose coming in and each dose going out.  This is in spite of shortages of all kinds, weather delays, plant closings in other parts of the world, on and on.  It is not always easy.  However it is a necessity to know what we have and what we can supply real time.

I understand you are going to defend their forecasters if they run out in two weeks after release date.  You are defending their inability to operate real time inventory management in 2021?  

It is happening with all kinds of products.  It can't be helped.  Srixon would love to have clubs in stock for every single potential buyer.  But, I feel they should know when they can't supply and communicate this before they make the sale.

I went into the local mall 2 weeks ago to order my Mother a sleep by number bed (she has been in quarantine since March).  They told me it would be 3 weeks before they could get one in stock to deliver.  I bought the bed and now expect it in a week.  They knew they were out of beds and communicated that to the customer.  Supply is an issue.  Counting and communication should not be.

I supply drug wholesalers

EvnRoll ER9

Japanese forging ... nice

EvnRoll ER9

3 minutes ago, lordemsworth said:

Would love your thoughts on the ZX7.

Initial thoughts in my witb thread

EvnRoll ER9

1 hour ago, Stanks said:

It’s crazy how Koepka can move the dial to Srixon. When he was hot, the price of Mizuno 900T moved up. Bryson brought value back to the Tour forged one lengths when he got big and won too. It’s amazing to see what these guys can do to the consumer. 

I honestly never gave a thought about Brooks when I ordered my Srixons.

Edited by braincramp52
  • Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

1 hour ago, rxk9fan said:

And again you assume they use a JIT inventory system or something. They make and sell clubs. They don't sell just the clubs they have on hand but likely don't sell more clubs than they foresee making in a given period. So there might be a wait for clubs you ordered that might not be built or even have parts for 

I can assure you if they don't have the parts yet, it might be a few more weeks.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

So its a good time to like Soft to Mushy Mizuno huh...

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

9 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

I honestly never gave a thought about Brooks when I ordered my Srixons.

Doubt his win had a lot to do with it.  These irons have been getting all sorts of buzz for months, tons more buzz than anything heard when Bruce won the tournament or just after even. It will be interesting to see raw numbers at some point because it's still relative - Srixon is moving more than expected but that's not the same as Titleist moving tons of a particular iron.

I'm still fighting off the urge to just order and want to hit them.  All the "can't meet demand" is getting to me, lol, so it's working!  Just need to hold out less than 60 days, haha.

• Like 2

I had ordered a combo set a couple of weeks ago with MMT 105s.  The MMTs were not in yet so the build was delayed.  I subsequently cancelled the order in an effort to conserve cash during these crazy times.   Kind of kicking my self now that they are on backorder.  I am demoing the ZX5 Driver under their demo program and after 5 rounds must say it is a monster.  Much better than other new driver models I have hit

1 hour ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Doubt his win had a lot to do with it.  These irons have been getting all sorts of buzz for months, tons more buzz than anything heard when Bruce won the tournament or just after even. It will be interesting to see raw numbers at some point because it's still relative - Srixon is moving more than expected but that's not the same as Titleist moving tons of a particular iron.

I'm still fighting off the urge to just order and want to hit them.  All the "can't meet demand" is getting to me, lol, so it's working!  Just need to hold out less than 60 days, haha.

If you hit them, you will buy them Hawk!😀 When I went for my fitting I had no idea I'd come away with the ZX5's. Hell, I went to hit the Wilson CB's and D7 Forged and the owner who I've known for 30 years said I needed to hit the Srixons. I have to say the new Callaway Apex's were really nice but not $40 a club nice. I hit the Ping G425's too and I can't believe how nice they felt compared to the G410's.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

2 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

If you hit them, you will buy them Hawk!😀 When I went for my fitting I had no idea I'd come away with the ZX5's. Hell, I went to hit the Wilson CB's and D7 Forged and the owner who I've known for 30 years said I needed to hit the Srixons. I have to say the new Callaway Apex's were really nice but not $40 a club nice. I hit the Ping G425's too and I can't believe how nice they felt compared to the G410's.

I posted a request for lots of details from you in the other thread!

(Didn't want to waste time in what for a few is just a b_____ thread talking about the actual irons and their merits, lol).

WOW sad for everyone .... BUT I GOT MINE..... muhahahaha   JK

After hitting them in a fitting I could not get them out of my head for a week....so ordered them with my spec.  Came with the same shaft sticker of Japan and built in US.   

Might be out on a limb on this, but I think we are looking at a 745 cult aspect with the ZX7's also. They really are that good.   I went from 19' Apex Pro's and there is a real difference.   

As noted Brooks K we all know only plays what he thinks is best and he switched to them and won. Granted I had mine in the bag before he won.  Hit them and you will be really in debate on them for sure.

I would agree with most though, I do think it is a COVID thing causing the issues as others have noted it is all over the board that way.  Don't even think of buying camping gear 🤣

Edit: Besides feel. The aspect that I really liked in the fitting was the consistency.  Dist/Disper was the best I tested so far this year.   I have a tendency to hit thin (bottom 2-3 grooves) and the ZX7 lost almost zero distance, maybe a yard are two. Plus a bit on the toe/heel resulted in the same.   I think that was the biggest selling factors to me.  With Apex Pros I swear now and then I would flush it and come up short and no clue why or vice versa and get a rocket (hot spot).  

Edited by CDM

23 hours ago, kjmtthws said:

Not terribly embarrassing from a "performance of the iron" standpoint -- but embarrassing from a "running a business" standpoint

It really has nothing to do with their business model. High demand and tons of intangibles.  This is still an on going issue at the ports in So Cal

https://www.marketplace.org/2021/01/29/record-port-backups-hit-california-as-u-s-consumers-supercharge-purchases/

• Like 1