KYLE BERKSHIRE LEAVING CALLAWAY??

Thomas Brack

3 minutes ago, grm24 said:

Kyle should ask Jamie Sadlowski how difficult it is for a long drive champion to try and be successful on any level tour in professional golf let alone the PGA Tour.

Agreed.  One thing I do like about Berkshire is his quest to create golf shots.  He is constantly trying to improve his ball flight.  He is certainly not a "grip it and rip it" player.  There is a thought process for consistent results.  We'll see if this pays off.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

2 minutes ago, GSDriver said:

Who?  Never heard of the guy...wherever you get cash since not very famous makes fiscal sense

No kidding.  It seems like once every 6.3-9.7 weeks someone starts a thread about a guy such as this.   It leaves me asking myself (or one of my boys), "Ever heard of this guy, is he somebody, famous, I've never heard of him."

Mark my words - this guy will go the way of wind, like every other long drive guy.   These flashes in the pan are not golfers at heart, they are power hitters.   My advice to him - stop trying to be a big hitter, get a haircut and let your game do the talking.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ferguson said:

No kidding.  It seems like once every 6.3-9.7 weeks someone starts a thread about a guy such as this.   It leaves me asking myself (or one of my boys), "Ever heard of this guy, is he somebody, famous, I've never heard of him."

Mark my words - this guy will go the way of wind, like every other long drive guy.   These flashes in the pan are not golfers at heart, they are power hitters.   My advice to him - stop trying to be a big hitter, get a haircut and let your game do the talking.  

Yeah, I'm no golf snob but go to the range the other day at a pretty nice facility located in West Nashville and you would see most folks trying to get better at their game hitting balls. Then you would see a few peppered throughout with these long-a** shafted drivers with a total tee-ball approach...swinging the club way inside the plane and just trying to annihilate the hell out of it. Usually fire-plug guys 5-8, 240.  No way these dudes have ever swung another club. Would be interesting if the long-drive contest became a long-drive/approach contest meaning there would be an element of finesse to weed out charlatans. Would provide humor as well. 

1 hour ago, wobbles said:

Then you would see a few peppered throughout with these long-a** shafted drivers with a total tee-ball approach...swinging the club way inside the plane and just trying to annihilate the hell out of it. Usually fire-plug guys 5-8, 240. 

Interesting. Is LD more of a regional thing maybe??? I’ve been to quite a few different DRs here in CA (nice ones to crappy ones) and have never even once seen that. 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, Hawkeye77 said:

Haha, don’t know who he is. 

hahah, if only there were away to find things out we don't know on these internet boxes!1!!

• Haha 1

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

1 hour ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

hahah, if only there were away to find things out we don't know on these internet boxes!1!!

You mean like my post? Someone provided the Info and I thanked him. Like it when it works the way it should. 

Doesn’t meant I don’t appreciate the humor of your response. 😉

Edited by Hawkeye77

On 3/9/2021 at 3:37 AM, Ferguson said:

I'm not an old guy.  

Wait... so you're not Fernando Rey?  Seriously I always thought that was your own photo.  Didn't know who he was, and also died in 1994 so clearly not.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

On 3/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, Circaflex said:

Kyle Berkshire has been around for a while, I am pretty surprised many of you hadnt heard of him before.

"After reaching the semifinals at the Volvik World Long Drive Championship in 2017, Berkshire in 2018 earned his first World Long Drive victory, winning at the WinStar Midwest Slam (Oklahoma). He also was the runner-up to Justin James at the Tennessee Big Shots benefiting Niswonger Children's Hospital in August 2018, which aired live on Golf Channel. He also claimed the world record on mph when he hit 228 mph in 2019 to advance to final. On August 12, 2019, Berkshire won the Tennessee Big Shots long Drive Competition with a drive of 409 yards."

He's no slouch and if you watch some of the videos with him, hes a freak and smashes the ball. His game isn't all bad, I'm not sure hes PGA tour quality, but he isn't some long drive hack.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, PixlPutterman said:

His game is better than pretty much everyone on WRX.

He shot +2 on an 8200 yard course with a lip out on 18.

Dudes a stud

17 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Will Kyle Berkshire make it to the PGA Tour and if so survive?  Hard to tell.  The state of his current game I say no.  However, I have seen him improve quite a bit in the past year while he has been attempting to improve.  His putting is definitely better since working with Bryson.  Berkshire is still a little wild with his driver at times but he has great game.  I am pulling for him to make it and succeed on the PGA Tour.  He seems like a terrific person. 

17 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Agreed.  One thing I do like about Berkshire is his quest to create golf shots.  He is constantly trying to improve his ball flight.  He is certainly not a "grip it and rip it" player.  There is a thought process for consistent results.  We'll see if this pays off.

The dude can play for sure and seems extremely likeable, I just hope he can develop the consistency and short game needed to get to the next level, because he is still pretty all over the place with distance control. One of the big advantages these massive power guys have is the ability to hit PGA Tour driver distances with irons, but Kyle rarely seems to keep those in the fairway, which basically negates most of the benefit his power gives him. His putting is far below tour standards as well, although I like the Bryson approach he is taking as his old putting approach was pretty bad. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Berkshire is now essentially one of the Good Good youtubers. As a not old but not young guy (I'm 41) I've finally come around to the idea that being a youtuber can be a legitimate and sustainable career for many people, and although I don't know a whole lot about how many followers and clicks it takes to make real money, I'm guessing the Good Good guys stand to make more on YouTube than they do playing professionally. 

The "main" guy is Garrett, who started as a trick shot guy and really got quite the following which had him make a career out of it. He and a few others seem to have real game...scratch or better. They have said they dream of being on tour one day, and have befriended Berkshire and Bryson, and seem to be taking their games a little more seriously...but they're not at pro level. Let's say (and I'm totally guessing here) they're able to pull in between $50k and $150k per year off of social media. They have a pretty big following. How likely would it be that Berkshire makes that much playing professional golf? 

I think a lot of people are missing the point here...though it isn't "big," there is absolutely a space for YouTube golfers in the world who aren't trying to play on the PGA but are every bit as a professional in their craft. And if you have hundreds of thousands of followers, it absolutely makes sense for the major OEMs to sponsor some of those guys. It's all about getting eyes on your products. Berkshire switching from Callaway to Cobra may mean nothing in the context of PGA tour golf, but I bet he's as valuable to Cobra as some random Korn Ferry player. If I were in an OEMs marketing department, I'd be pushing the company to sponsor some of the Youtubers as well.

• Like 3

Cobra King Speedzone 9* | Fujikura Atmos black shaft
Cobra King Speedzone Big Tour 3W 
Cobra King Tec 2Hy 
JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
Mizuno Pro 223 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 950GH S-flex
JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
MP-T5 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 Custom

On 3/10/2021 at 3:36 AM, Valtiel said:

The dude can play for sure and seems extremely likeable, I just hope he can develop the consistency and short game needed to get to the next level, because he is still pretty all over the place with distance control. One of the big advantages these massive power guys have is the ability to hit PGA Tour driver distances with irons, but Kyle rarely seems to keep those in the fairway, which basically negates most of the benefit his power gives him. His putting is far below tour standards as well, although I like the Bryson approach he is taking as his old putting approach was pretty bad. 

I agree with his assessment regarding his old putting method.  It was a closed stance and rather bad.  He still putted fair with it.  He's much better with the Dechambeau putting method.   He got serious about his attempt to be a PGA Tour player about a year ago.  He's come a long way since then and has played some tough courses well.  Let's see how much he improves in the next year.  

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

3 hours ago, One Putter said:

It literally took 2 seconds. I have never watched or cared about a long drive comp. The only person i know is Sadlowski because he broke Breed's shot launch monitor. That ish was funny.

We were all waiting for your valuable opinion. Do you watch movies you hate and tell everyone watching how much you hate it?

Edited by freeze16172002
  • Like 1

Honestly Cobra getting into the LD game seems to kinda fit their model and their style.

They're probably already working on a reinforced RAD for Bryson as he's apparently had trouble breaking the heads, might as well give one to Kyle for real testing.  

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

6 hours ago, vbb said:

Berkshire is now essentially one of the Good Good youtubers. As a not old but not young guy (I'm 41) I've finally come around to the idea that being a youtuber can be a legitimate and sustainable career for many people, and although I don't know a whole lot about how many followers and clicks it takes to make real money, I'm guessing the Good Good guys stand to make more on YouTube than they do playing professionally. 

The "main" guy is Garrett, who started as a trick shot guy and really got quite the following which had him make a career out of it. He and a few others seem to have real game...scratch or better. They have said they dream of being on tour one day, and have befriended Berkshire and Bryson, and seem to be taking their games a little more seriously...but they're not at pro level. Let's say (and I'm totally guessing here) they're able to pull in between $50k and $150k per year off of social media. They have a pretty big following. How likely would it be that Berkshire makes that much playing professional golf? 

I think a lot of people are missing the point here...though it isn't "big," there is absolutely a space for YouTube golfers in the world who aren't trying to play on the PGA but are every bit as a professional in their craft. And if you have hundreds of thousands of followers, it absolutely makes sense for the major OEMs to sponsor some of those guys. It's all about getting eyes on your products. Berkshire switching from Callaway to Cobra may mean nothing in the context of PGA tour golf, but I bet he's as valuable to Cobra as some random Korn Ferry player. If I were in an OEMs marketing department, I'd be pushing the company to sponsor some of the Youtubers as well.

I 100000% agree with this.  You see it all the time with YT or IG golfers.  Shiels was sponsored by Nike, so is Buttsy, then of course Riggs and the Barstool guys getting literally EVERYTHING thrown at them from GFore, Titleist, Millar, and of course Taylormade.  

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

On 3/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, TiScape said:

Interesting. Is LD more of a regional thing maybe??? I’ve been to quite a few different DRs here in CA (nice ones to crappy ones) and have never even once seen that. 

I can’t speak for the region but it is middle Tennessee after all, which I love. I was out tonight just hitting 8 & 5 irons getting used to these JPX 919 as I’m trying to ease back into amateur golf. So while I’m cleaning my club I look over at the guys behind me-The discourse I picked up on was about how they’re bending shafts as they’re ‘beating the s*** out of the ball so hard’. I realized then that every sound I heard  to that point was a driver and no irons over the prior 40 minutes.

It is a different breed: in terms of grace I will compare it to Sugar Ray Leonard on one end of the spectrum vs. George ‘The Animal’ Steele on the other. Both were technically involved in competitive fighting. 

My theory is they would rather be at the T-ball range but have been made to feel like perverts hanging around a bunch of 9-year olds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, freeze16172002 said:

We were all waiting for your valuable opinion. Do you watch movies you hate and tell everyone watching how much you hate it?

yes, a few from me. I was really let down with “Stop or my mom will shoot“- never dreamed Estelle Getty and Sly would get to work together but there they were-Roman Polanski could’ve totally made this work but they hired some guy named Roger Spottsapoodle who recently did A Street Cat Named Bob  (Canadian director).

I told the guys at the Lions Club pancake extravaganza that I hated it but I did watch it one more time before I had to rewind the video tape, pack it up, and get in my car and drop it off at the dropbox at the local Coyote Video. Got charged $3 penalty anyway as they said it wasn’t rewound all the way prior to the FBI Warning.

Cop and a 1/2: this was supposed to be Burt Reynolds vehicle for the great big comeback. He seemed to be trying to capitalize on turner and hooch and the other dog movie with Jim Belushi. The problem was late in the script they replaced the classically-trained sheepdog with a little wise-cracking black kid. The chemistry Burt Reynolds and Dom Deluise was not repeated as it was thought there was possibly a generational gap. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, brycefaze said:

It’s official - he’s going to puma :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNArgpTBYBn/?igshid=bb7rnstzrpdk

That is not surprising at all considering the Bryson connection. Good for him though. Maybe he will actually use the new RAD Speed? 

• Like 1

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

25 minutes ago, UncleJohn’sBand said:

Maybe he will actually use the new RAD Speed? 

If you watch his videos on YouTube, he has been. Although he mostly uses 2 or 3 iron off the tee.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

4 hours ago, brycefaze said:

It’s official - he’s going to puma :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNArgpTBYBn/?igshid=bb7rnstzrpdk

Guess Cobra/Puma saw something more marketable than a "flash in the pan, that needs a haircut, and game should do the talking".......🤣🤣

Guy has more social media followers than almost anyone in the entire OWGR top 25, youtube channel already one of the largest in golf and growing, Bryson constantly doing collaborations, and tons of PGA tour swing coaches analyzing his move on their socials as well.

Great move by Cobra/Puma. If they can flip even a small percentage of callaway/taylormade loyalists or make inroads with the younger generation that recently started playing the deal pays for itself in spades. 

Edited by PureStrikes54
  • Like 4

On 3/11/2021 at 6:21 AM, Ferguson said:

I find his persona relevant. 

image.png.26c79a18536ea4411c3b34e090dc0fae.png

Hey Fergie, this is totally beside any point relevant to anyone or anything, but...

I've always wondered...your Fernando Rey avatar is from the French Connection...and I get the sense that you admire Fernando generally, given "Fernando Rey Day" and all...

but is your fascination with the man's persona a function of the man, or the role he played in the French Connection. I mean, do you find the persona of Fernando as "Don Quixote," for example, equally as compelling?

These are the questions keeping me up at night...

• Like 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

33 minutes ago, jholz said:

Hey Fergie, this is totally beside any point relevant to anyone or anything, but...

I've always wondered...your Fernando Rey avatar is from the French Connection...and I get the sense that you admire Fernando generally, given "Fernando Rey Day" and all...

but is your fascination with the man's persona a function of the man, or the role he played in the French Connection. I mean, do you find the persona of Fernando as "Don Quixote," for example, equally as compelling?

These are the questions keeping me up at night...

I'm sorry this keeps you up at night.  Don Quixote?   Not really.   

To me, that picture of Fernando Rye is a study in perspective and that's what I try to provide when I post - my perspective. 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:14 AM, vbb said:

The video/channel topic will influence how much you make. Someone with 1M subscribers getting 25k views per video can make over $100k per year on YouTube. I suspect golf can be a fairly lucrative channel because its viewer base may have disposable income and advertisers know this. But if you want to make money with videos, there's more than YouTube. Don't forget about OnlyFans.

38 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

I'm sorry this keeps you up at night.  Don Quixote?   Not really.   

To me, that picture of Fernando Rye is a study in perspective and that's what I try to provide when I post - my perspective. 

I always pictured you as an older guy with a taste for cigars and fine whiskey who could regale a group with a tale from "back in my day..." stories. I'm mildly disappointed that's not who you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1