Titleist TSi2 fairway vs TSi3 fairway

hypergolf

1 hour ago, cbrwn425 said:

Ordered mine on the 15th and got my tracking information today. Looks like it was picked up yesterday and I’ll have it in hand by Sunday. Hoping it will come a day early so I can take it to my Sunday morning round. 

That is encouraging - my order hasn't updated since the day I ordered on the 16th. and the socks I ordered at the same time have been stuck in Sacramento for nearly a week.

Well, bummer. The TSi3 I'd ordered through TGW with the no-upcharge AD DI came. But it's the black version, not the orange version. Aesthetics don't matter to some people but they do to me, so I'm sending this back. I called Titleist and they do have the orange version in stock, it's not an inventory problem.

Edited by eric61

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1 hour ago, eric61 said:

Well, bummer. The TSi3 I'd ordered through TGW with the no-upcharge AD DI came. But it's the black version, not the orange version. Aesthetics don't matter to some people but they do to me, so I'm sending this back. I called Titleist and they do have the orange version in stock, it's not an inventory problem.

Mine came with the black version too.  Is there a difference in the orange and the black in regards to performance?

2 hours ago, eric61 said:

Seems to be the norm. I ordered orange. Came black. Things is a rocket launcher tho. Great combo 

• Like 1

I have always been a deep face, "FD" guy.  Starting with the TS3 they were too low spin for me - although the TS3 is the best looking club I have every seen.  I moved to the TS2 and was very happy, then to the TSi2 which is absolutely perfect.  I won't try the TSi3 based on my experience with the TS3, but I wish I had the game for it.

• Like 2

Tsi3 10* Tensel 1k White 70x
Tsi2 16.5* Tour AD TP 8X;

Apex UW 19* Aldila Green 8x

818h2 21* Atmos Blue 8x

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron

2019 T100 Tour issue 5-9 s400

SM9 46F, SM6 54s and 60s s400

Kenny Gianinni G2 Chubby

TSi2 is just an awesome fairway. Not too big, shallow-ish face, easy to launch and sounds great. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

5 hours ago, GJR10 said:

Mine came with the black version too.  Is there a difference in the orange and the black in regards to performance?

None - its just color.

• Thanks 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

11 hours ago, eric61 said:

How did you get the AD DI with no upcharge?

14 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Seems to be the norm. I ordered orange. Came black. Things is a rocket launcher tho. Great combo 

Same for me. Got mine a few days ago. I actually think the black looks better. 

Callaway Epic SZ 9* GD Tour AD TP 6X
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Black 80 S
Titleist 909h 19* Aldila Voodoo S
Mizuno MP 18 4-6 SC 7-P MB KBS Tour 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM7 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5, Toulon Las Vegas H7

5 hours ago, Chads9815 said:

How did you get the AD DI with no upcharge?

https://www.tgw.com/golf-clubs/fairway-woods/titleist-mens-tsi3-fairway

Go to custom specs and you can order the orange with no upcharge. There's a lot of us that just did it. Mine took about 2 weeks from order to delivery. Like the others mine came with the black shaft but I'm ok with that as I preferred the look of the black.

The club itself is an absolute beast, I highly recommend trying it out. I wasn't sure if I'd like it since I had never hit the head or shaft before but after 1 range session and round I'm hooked. That combo is just great and it performs beautifully.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I received mine a few weeks ago.  It came with the orange AD DI.  FYI, TGW had the Tour AD Di at no up charge for the TSI3 fairway only.  The price has been like that for at least 6 weeks.  Not sure if they changed the price yet.

Ping G30 Tour AD DI
Ping G25 3 wood VTS Silver
Ping i25 KBS Tour
Vokey 54, 58
Cameron fastback

17 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

I have always been a deep face, "FD" guy.  Starting with the TS3 they were too low spin for me - although the TS3 is the best looking club I have every seen.  I moved to the TS2 and was very happy, then to the TSi2 which is absolutely perfect.  I won't try the TSi3 based on my experience with the TS3, but I wish I had the game for it.

I started with the tsi3 but switched to the 2. Much better launch and spin combo. Most think they need to lowest launching and spinning combo. Even though I have good speed, I need launch and spin. The tsi2 was way better.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

3 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I started with the tsi3 but switched to the 2. Much better launch and spin combo. Most think they need to lowest launching and spinning combo. Even though I have good speed, I need launch and spin. The tsi2 was way better.

Completely agree.  The nice thing with the Tsi2 is you aren't really giving up anything either.  It's still reasonably compact and has a reasonably deep face despite being the "easy" to hit model.

• Like 1

Tsi3 10* Tensel 1k White 70x
Tsi2 16.5* Tour AD TP 8X;

Apex UW 19* Aldila Green 8x

818h2 21* Atmos Blue 8x

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron

2019 T100 Tour issue 5-9 s400

SM9 46F, SM6 54s and 60s s400

Kenny Gianinni G2 Chubby

I went with the TSi3 for my woods. My home course requires less than driver on a lot of holes and since I mostly use my fairways off the tee I wanted the lower launching options. I have not found them difficult to hit off the deck but admit the TSi2 would probably be easier to hit and would probably spin more. I also preferred the looks of the TSi3 as the leading edge is straighter to my eye. I think both are great but there are more forgiving options. 

Titleist TSr4, 9, Fujikura Ventus Black 6x

Titleist TSr3, 16.5,, Mitsubishi Chemical AV Raw Blue 75-TX

Callaway 2021 Apex UW, 21*, Kuro Kage XT 80TX

Titleist T100 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM9 52F, 56F, 60M, Dynamic Gold S400
LAB Mezz.1 Max
Titleist ProV1x 

1 hour ago, Judge Smails said:

Completely agree.  The nice thing with the Tsi2 is you aren't really giving up anything either.  It's still reasonably compact and has a reasonably deep face despite being the "easy" to hit model.

For sure. I think it actually has a better shape and feel. Plus performance is better. Despite being the “forgiving” model.. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

58 minutes ago, OSUBuckeyeFan8 said:

I went with the TSi3 for my woods. My home course requires less than driver on a lot of holes and since I mostly use my fairways off the tee I wanted the lower launching options. I have not found them difficult to hit off the deck but admit the TSi2 would probably be easier to hit and would probably spin more. I also preferred the looks of the TSi3 as the leading edge is straighter to my eye. I think both are great but there are more forgiving options. 

That's why I have the Tsi2 for my 5-wood.  Can get the loft dialed into the course you play the most and use it as a par 5 weapon, nice compact head as well.  Tsi3 is amazing off the tee

Edited by tofur99

15 hours ago, cbrwn425 said:

https://www.tgw.com/golf-clubs/fairway-woods/titleist-mens-tsi3-fairway

Go to custom specs and you can order the orange with no upcharge. There's a lot of us that just did it. Mine took about 2 weeks from order to delivery. Like the others mine came with the black shaft but I'm ok with that as I preferred the look of the black.

The club itself is an absolute beast, I highly recommend trying it out. I wasn't sure if I'd like it since I had never hit the head or shaft before but after 1 range session and round I'm hooked. That combo is just great and it performs beautifully.

Thanks for the info…I tried on TGW and it was full price…I tried to use it on the driver..I see now it’s just the fairways

• 2 months later...

This thread inspired me. Got my TSi3 3 wood with GD AD DI for the $299 from TGW (orange shaft). I can get a TSi2 head fairly cheaply (trade with a friend). I am using this mainly as a tee club and the heads are both 175 cc and look similar. I do not need more spin so looking for thoughts on the potential swap. (I know I should try it, etc. etc. but I am asking). Looking for additional comments. 

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

Currently playing the ts3 15* and it’s been incredible!  I paired it with a smoother shaft (blueboard) but tipped it an extra .5” and it has given me a fantastic ball flight.  Allows me to launch it high and is long!

Also have the Tsi2 7 wood and I prefer the shape of the Tsi2 to the ts3.  I’m just too scared to change it because I’m hitting it so well.  I’ll probably get one more season out of the ts3 and then change to the Tsi2 this time next year.

Driver Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

3 hours ago, sofla said:

This thread inspired me. Got my TSi3 3 wood with GD AD DI for the $299 from TGW (orange shaft). I can get a TSi2 head fairly cheaply (trade with a friend). I am using this mainly as a tee club and the heads are both 175 cc and look similar. I do not need more spin so looking for thoughts on the potential swap. (I know I should try it, etc. etc. but I am asking). Looking for additional comments. 

Obviously if you can hit the 2 side by side, do it, that will give you the best info you can have at the time.  I wouldn't say that the TSi2 spins a crazy amount more than the 3, but your strike will determine that more.

I only upgraded from my TS2 4wd because I picked up a TSi2 head for less than what I ended up selling my TS2 for...  It is a fantastic head.

A Revolving Door

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 2:19 PM, eric61 said:

Weird, I did this same thing and got the orange. I ordered in mid-Feb and it arrived mid-March. I actually prefer the black, so hopefully that's what they'll put into the TSi3 5-wood I ordered, although I might end up sticking with my Ventus Blue anyway.

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

I find the differences between TSi3 and TSi2 to be so slight that it's really hard to differentiate. The shaping is very slightly different, the face height is slightly different, but they are probably closer than any of the previous 2/3 models. 

What sold me on the upgrade from the TS2 to the TSi3/TSi2 was the face angle. The TS2 -- especially in the 4w and 7w had a noticeably shut face. Not compared to some models, like SIM Max. But still noticeable. The TSi3 and TSi2 both sit perfectly neutral to my eye.

Titleist TSR3 08.00 – Ventus Red 065x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – Tour AD DI 075x

Titleist TSR2 18.00 – Tour AD DI 085x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – Tour AD DI 095x

Titleist TSR2 24.00 – Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 6i 7i 8i 9i – Tour X100

Titleist SM09 46 50 54 60 – Tour S400

Titleist Pro V1 56 – White Hot OG5 CS

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 3:07 AM, eric61 said:

I just called Callaway customer service and they said they definitely don’t have any non-Velocore made-for Ventus shafts; unlike TaylorMade they only sell the real-deal versions from Fujikura.

I also called PGA SS and they confirmed this would come directly from Callaway, not out of any proprietary made-for Ventus stash that PGA SS happens to have. In other words, if Callaway says they only do real-deal Ventus shafts, PGA SS doesn’t have the ability to place orders for anything else. And for what it’s worth, these exact same shafts are shown WITH an upcharge on the Big Bertha hybrids.

The Callaway customer service rep said it sounds like a screw-up on PGA SS’s website and sort of laughed and said I should jump on it.

So, who knows? And I’m definitely not trying to sound critical of @Mobert19 here — I was skeptical as well, and still sort of am. Just sharing what I was told. It’s not an enormous deal to me anyway because I was planning on swapping out the shaft myself. But if I can get a real-deal Ventus Blue in it for free… 

Anyway, this is off topic; just wanted to put it out there!

Is this confirmed a real velocore shaft? I just spec'd a Rogue ST Max fw on Callaway's site and they have the Ventus Blue with no upcharge. $356USD seems like a steal if it's a real Ventus Velocore.

Screenshot_6.png

Titleist TSR4 9*

Titleist 917 f2 3w 16.5*

Callaway UW 21*

Mizuno MP4 4-P

Vokey SM9 50/56/60

L.A.B Direct Force 2.1

2 hours ago, infinii said:

Is this confirmed a real velocore shaft? I just spec'd a Rogue ST Max fw on Callaway's site and they have the Ventus Blue with no upcharge. $356USD seems like a steal if it's a real Ventus Velocore.

Screenshot_6.png

No, that’s a made-for, definitely not a real deal VeloCore shaft.

That old post you’re quoting was about a temporarily glitch on PGA SS’s website; you could only get that deal through them, and only for a few days before they fixed the glitch. Since then, Callaway has started offering a made-for Ventus without VeloCore.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide