2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

LIV with some big money announcements (*** TOPIC MODERATED ***)

CCTxGolf

14 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

That's not how you use "drop the mic" Greg, nor are you supposed to actual say it out loud unironically. That's about the level of pop culture literacy I would expect from a rich 67 y/o though. 😆

“one hundred percent. not even a cap!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of Snead said:

Just amazing to me that some folks here and on social media would actually be ecstatic if the PGA Tour folded in favor of the SGL or if the talent was diluted to a point where neither league was competitive. Makes you wonder if they were somehow wronged by the PGA Tour or are actually getting paid by the SGL ... since we all know that social media bots are getting paid these days to disrupt, I'm going with the latter.

I wonder if these guys are burnt out wanna be tour players who did not make it and have grudge against the tour…

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KizIsTheMan said:

I think LIV has a good chance to do something innovative if they dump Norman and made a few tweaks. Personally I have nothing against LIV and support new concepts but Norman's yapping will destroy LIV from within

You have to wonder if the Saudi's are as entertained by Norman as Norman entertains himself.   If the goal is sportswashing, isn't it to pour their money into sponsoring a league which doesn't garner a bunch of controversy, especially controversy caused by the guy running it?   Meanwhile, he's spending tens of millions to get an old guy who is ranked over #150 in the world, just so he can disrupt the Ryder Cup.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gregakin said:

GN doesn't know what the PGAT is doing behind the scene. They also have ties with SA PIF and deep relationships with oligarchs, which GN knows nothing about.  Hey GN, don't expect JM to show his cards 😑

Interesting - so at some point, JM might go to the PIF fund board directly, or perhaps send a couple like Tiger and Jack to go say - we really want to see if we can work this out ... but we can't do that if GN is leading your group.   Makes you wonder how long GN would keep his position in that case.

1 hour ago, KizIsTheMan said:

I think LIV has a good chance to do something innovative if they dump Norman and made a few tweaks. Personally I have nothing against LIV and support new concepts but Norman's yapping will destroy LIV from within

57 minutes ago, mitchl said:

You have to wonder if the Saudi's are as entertained by Norman as Norman entertains himself.   If the goal is sportswashing, isn't it to pour their money into sponsoring a league which doesn't garner a bunch of controversy, especially controversy caused by the guy running it?   Meanwhile, he's spending tens of millions to get an old guy who is ranked over #150 in the world, just so he can disrupt the Ryder Cup.   

That's the other interesting angle; at what point does Greg's agenda/ego start conflicting with that leadership wants, and is that impasse. Because if Greg's ultimate goal is just to sit atop a throne of foreign capital and wag his unevenly tanned willy at the PGA Tour then I reckon that will get old for all parties involved. 😆

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10  ST //  Callaway Apex UW 19* Aldila Rogue M*AX 85TX
Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour // Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

58 minutes ago, mitchl said:

I guess in GN mind.....if he destroys the Ryder Cup.... player will have one less reason to stay on the PGATOUR.

1 hour ago, Titleist99 said:

I guess in GN mind.....if he destroys the Ryder Cup.... player will have one less reason to stay on the PGATOUR.

How exactly is GN going to "destroy" the Ryder Cup.  There's what,  five USA Ryder Cup past players, six euro Ryder Cup past players (some of them known for their legendary RC play) and the recently booted Euro Captain who have already joined the LIV Tour.  For some odd reason, all of these players are considered "washed up".  Only a guess, but it seems the money is more important than an every two year silly season event. Gasp!

Norman most likely gives no concern to the Ryder Cup in regards to recruiting players.  LIV Tour would probably encourage their players, if selected, to play in the Ryder Cup.

Edited by oikos1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:02 AM, Ghost of Snead said:

If it's news, you must have a link for it. 

The only way to rate the top 48 players is the OWGR. By the end of the year and certainly into next year, none of the defectors will be in the top 48.

Exactly why the owgr will be a joke. You can’t give points to one group and not the other and say the group with more points is better. You either need to give points to all and see where the Liv guys shake out.

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, Titleist99 said:

LOL!......On the grounds that all the Major Tournaments will site or should site "Team54 Exhibition Series is not good for the game of golf"  ........IMO

Totally not in good standing with any tour......which will become a criteria.

They will be in good standing with the Liv tour, oh yeah, you don’t like that one so we won’t count it.

On 7/23/2022 at 6:56 PM, jdl said:

Someone tell CBS, NBC and ESPN because they just forked over a bunch of money.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-announces-nine-year-media-deals-with-cbs-nbc-and-espn

Before liv got going. I know a few folks in the biz and those networks are looking for ways to pair down some of those commitments with a “strength of field clause”

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mitchl said:

You must know more than what i know...."just so he can disrupt the Ryder Cup".....tell me that wasn't your imagination that came up with that story....only because every journalist north of Antarctica who can't think for himself keeps believing that very same thing. The world is such a small place.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

LPGA said they are willing to talk to LIV...it would be game changer if they bring the females on and have integrated tournaments and work with the LPGA instead of taking the PGA tour's mode of action which is obviously not working like they thought it would. With what they are paying DJ alone they would change the lives of so many females pros and their caddies overnight.    

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lowheel said:

Hilarious take, honestly Im impressed. Any competitor who joins an industry will disrupt things. You have strong opinions on what LIV does with their money but not the PGA tour. Whys that?

I don't know in detail what the PGA Tour does with their money. What I know ist that they organize THE Tour, they organize feeder tours, they support local charities with millions of dollars every year. They provide hundreds of professional players with an opportunity to play and earn a living. The best make it to the PGA Tour, if they play well they can make an awful lot of money there. If you keep your card for a few years you participate of the pension fund. But you have to deliver. And the players can choose which events they want to play, as long as they are playing enough of them.

LIV organizes a golf circus without any real new ideas. They even bought some clowns (Feherty and McCord). They disrupt the existing infrastructure without any ambition to build something better. They simply buy players and make them employees with an obscene salary. The employees cannot choose which of the events they play. The organizers don't care what they shoot, they paid them the biggest chunk beforehand. You can't qualify for this jamboree, Greg "invites" you with millions. Nobody cares how you show up, look at Mickelson. They simply try to buy star power away from the established system and pay the rich even more money. Norman finally can show the PGA Tour who has the longest wiener, sadly it's not his own, which makes this "tour" even more pathetic.

Edited by Short Pete
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, bighitlama said:

I'll make a prediction about his disruption of the Ryder Cup.   The US dominated the 2021 Ryder Cup 19-9.   Since then the Euros have lost 4 players from that team to LIV and their captain.   I don't know how bad the US will beat them next year, but it could be even worse.   If it is, how long do you think it will take Norman to post his LIV team.   DJ, Koepka, DeChambeau, Reed, Garcia, Poulter, Mickelson, Wolff and who ever else has arrived at that point.   Along with the post will be... PGAT if you want competition, the LIV team is ready.   The fans deserve real competition, bring it on if your not afraid of us!

Obviously the PGAT would come up with some creative nonsense as why they wouldn't meet the challenge, but the damage would be done with the fans at that point.

Would any of those even qualify with points for the Ryder Cup?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, tiderider said:

NEGATIVE ... 

for your information, wild turkey is NOT cheap swill and would therefore be out of place on the liv plane and at a liv event ... wild turkey 101, wild turkey rarebreed, and the various iterations of the russel's brand (the same mash bill as the wild turkey labels) are all at least above average bourbons, with rarebreed and certain russel's offerings among the best values in the bourbon world ... wt101 has managed to gain some type of cheap notoriety as college swill, when very few actually drank it in college ... regardless of the attachment of the whiskey to the holiday, it would not serve its purpose as evidence of superficiality of the liv tour and its players and events ... regular jack daniels or jim beam would be more proper, and more than sufficient for the pat perez's of the world ... 

I'm thinking more Rebel Yell.  The name is appropriate and the regular bottling is garbage.  Now Rebel Yell 10y.o. BiB, SiB is something altogether different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

6 hours ago, bighitlama said:

I'll make a prediction about his disruption of the Ryder Cup.   The US dominated the 2021 Ryder Cup 19-9.   Since then the Euros have lost 4 players from that team to LIV and their captain.   I don't know how bad the US will beat them next year, but it could be even worse.   If it is, how long do you think it will take Norman to post his LIV team.   DJ, Koepka, DeChambeau, Reed, Garcia, Poulter, Mickelson, Wolff and who ever else has arrived at that point.   Along with the post will be... PGAT if you want competition, the LIV team is ready.   The fans deserve real competition, bring it on if your not afraid of us!

Obviously the PGAT would come up with some creative nonsense as why they wouldn't meet the challenge, but the damage would be done with the fans at that point.

Yes,, but the players don't want to play. They want to stay home with their families.

9 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

Finau i would bet goes. The Summerhays connection players and local Scottsdale guys will convince him. I'd imagine he could get some decent coin from them.

If you knew the Summerhays family, you would know this is just the opposite. The sgl is the LAST entity they want to be associated with.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Ecstatic?  I don't know where you get that idea from, seems like quite a leap, but ok....

I just don't see why so many are emotionally invested in this.  It's entertainment at the end of the day and there will still be golf to watch, never mind the actual getting off the couch to go play part.

On a side note, it's a sad state we are in when we need to convince ourselves that those who disagree with us are "bots".  Fun times.

Since the Saudis are attempting to "sportwash" their reputation by paying exorbitant sums of money to professional golfers, it is not a big leap at all to say they are paying social media bots to extol their virtues and the the virtues of the LIV Tour on social media. I'm not accusing anyone here individually here but if the shoe fits, wear it. 

And before someone says bots are doing the same for the PGA Tour, explain how the PGA Tour who can't even seem to pay their players enough is willing to pay folks to promote and support a Tour that doesn't need to be propped up. 

Edited by Ghost of Snead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

9 hours ago, bighitlama said:

Europe was likely to lose the Ryder Cup again regardless. Those 4 they lost were not likely to make the next team so the real damage was just forcing a new captain. And given those 4 are some of the better LIV players, that team wouldn't fare much better.

• Like 2