2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Stealth 2……it’s happening?????? Black and Red

TRC723

Jumped on the Stealth2 bandwagon after a fitting, received the driver and hybrid Friday, they are fantastic.  Had an all Titleist bag, went to TM irons and wedges this off season, needed a change, little more forgiveness.  

• Like 1

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

11 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Flatter correct ?

Yes

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

11 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Way too flat…

This driver performs in the UR setting amazingly. 
No one should be playing a 54* lie angle driver. Go look at any build on tour….

Going to be perfect for my short hunched over self

• Haha 1

2023 bag

Bridgestone Tour B RX

9 hours ago, Lobber said:

I have the 5 wood which can be cranked down to 16 degrees.  It’s a monster

Usually those lofts won’t be offered in the plus heads.  The 4/7 woods

Edited by mattsam

2023 bag

Bridgestone Tour B RX

To note for any MyStealth orders the TM rep said that all are being sent with 15g (he thought otherwise so apologised). As a 45" driver guy it's definitely slightly annoying not having slight weight bump but given I play slightly lighter SW usually it feels fine.

If anyone else's comes with different let me know.

2 minutes ago, Hack Nicklaus said:

To note for any MyStealth orders the TM rep said that all are being sent with 15g (he thought otherwise so apologised). As a 45" driver guy it's definitely slightly annoying not having slight weight bump but given I play slightly lighter SW usually it feels fine.

Mine was 15 what should it be?  At 45 I’m at D1 with an ultralight 

2023 bag

Bridgestone Tour B RX

4 hours ago, Hack Nicklaus said:

I ordered my Stealth 2 plus (not mystealth) at 45.25 inches, D4 SW.   I wanted a heavier head to put in my own shaft at 45.25.

It came with a 20g slider on the front, 15g on the back, 203 grams total headweight.

Just curious if anyone has an opinion on how much technology has improved.  I don't like to change clubs often as I prefer being comfortable with the clubs over new tech.  That being said, my driver was manufactured by a company that doesn't even make clubs anymore.  I currently have a Nike Vapor Speed with a Diamana 70 x5ct stiff shaft...I am guessing this is about 9 years old.  I was just at the Kohler Swing studio last week and their Toptracer reading was 105ish Club head and 155ish Ballspeed.

Would I see a noticeable improvement going to the Stealth 2?  If so, suggestion for the shaft?

I may head over to PGA SS to try it out in the next few days and compare.

6 hours ago, NoCalHack said:

I ordered my Stealth 2 plus (not mystealth) at 45.25 inches, D4 SW.   I wanted a heavier head to put in my own shaft at 45.25.

It came with a 20g slider on the front, 15g on the back, 203 grams total headweight.

mine came the same way with the weights and my 45.25" 70g shafts with a 60g grip came out to D8 sw.  What shaft are you using? Could it be a CB shaft?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tbone18 said:

mine came the same way with the weights and my 45.25" 70g shafts with a 60g grip came out to D8 sw.  What shaft are you using? Could it be a CB shaft?

I ordered it with the stock kaili blue 60S but replaced it with my Ventus blue TR 6S. I don’t have a swingweight scale and never swingweighted it with the stock shaft. I’d be taking their word for it. 

My Ventus blue 6S plays 45 inches and I added 3 grams of weight to the back with lead tape. I think it’s about D5. I may buy an after market weight when they sell them but I don’t mind the tape at all. Club feels good and trajectory is good. 

• Like 1

Ended up stopping at the PGA Tour SS yesterday and hit the Stealth 2, Ping G430 Max, my current Nike Vapor Speed and a surprise 4th.   My main goal was to see if I liked how any of them felt better than the Nike AND see if they produced any better numbers.  The Stealth felt good/comfortable and the G430 Max looks very nice at address.  However, same exact ballspeed (151) and carry distances as the Nike.  I just can't justify the cost of these new drivers if I don't see a noticeable improvement.  I did get a kick out of the rep saying a SIM2 is like having an empty beer can at the end of a stick.

I continue to walk around and notice the previous model Titleist is $150.00 off (TSI2) so I try one out and am now at 153 ballspeed and the carry distance is about 5-10 yards further.  Club feels great and a plain-jane club head which is what I like.  I say I like it and he warns me that it will be expensive as it has a special shaft on it...he says probably $750-800.  Bummed out, he decides to scan it anyway and it is actually $499...SOLD!  So I ended up with  a TSI2 with a Tour Ad IZ6-S shaft.  Moral of the story...all these newer drivers are really nice and producing similar numbers.  Difficult to differentiate between the top models...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shriner said:

Ended up stopping at the PGA Tour SS yesterday and hit the Stealth 2, Ping G430 Max, my current Nike Vapor Speed and a surprise 4th.   My main goal was to see if I liked how any of them felt better than the Nike AND see if they produced any better numbers.  The Stealth felt good/comfortable and the G430 Max looks very nice at address.  However, same exact ballspeed (151) and carry distances as the Nike.  I just can't justify the cost of these new drivers if I don't see a noticeable improvement.  I did get a kick out of the rep saying a SIM2 is like having an empty beer can at the end of a stick.

I continue to walk around and notice the previous model Titleist is $150.00 off (TSI2) so I try one out and am now at 153 ballspeed and the carry distance is about 5-10 yards further.  Club feels great and a plain-jane club head which is what I like.  I say I like it and he warns me that it will be expensive as it has a special shaft on it...he says probably $750-800.  Bummed out, he decides to scan it anyway and it is actually $499...SOLD!  So I ended up with  a TSI2 with a Tour Ad IZ6-S shaft.  Moral of the story...all these newer drivers are really nice and producing similar numbers.  Difficult to differentiate between the top models...First time

Fascinates me how a driver that sounds like almost every  other high end driver on the market can sound like an "empty beer can" .....  

Glad you found your driver.

• Like 3

All these stealth drivers look sooo good. I’m drooling every time I see them, especially the custom colors. I couldn’t get along with 1 on the monitors. Was excited for 2, same thing. I just can’t get them going. But hot damn they look good. Jealous.

Driver Ping G430 (9*)

5w Ping G430 max 

4h  Ping G425max (22*)

5-G Titleist t300 (2022)

54* Vokey SM9 S grind

58* Vokey SM9 M grind

Cameron Newport 2 plus

Just went out this weekend to a local spot with a GC Quad.  I'm a weirdo and always order the "standard" and Plus/Max versions of the new TM drivers each year. 

For me Stealth Plus w/Ventus TR Red is it. My goodness what a phenomenal combo. I test Ventus Black, Blue, and Red, along with a AD TP-6 I had but distance and dispersion were best with the combo mentioned. 

I may be in the minority, but I definitely prefer the matte finish of last year's compared to the glare (especially living in SoCal) of the 2. But the matte top line does frame up nicely at address.

I think they crushed it with this release.  I like Stealth, but didn't love it.  I LOVE Stealth 2 and stoked to play the season with it! 

Now to decide between ZX7 and P770! Decisions, decisions... 

• Like 1

Anyone know how long custom orders sit in “carrier awaiting shipment” status? Have a full set of woods that have been sitting in this status since Monday. 

guessing this is Carlsbad waiting to get the completed clubs from Mexico before shipping. Very annoying for Taylormade to tease people like this. 

Edited by PureStrikes54

3 hours ago, HackerDad78 said:

Just went out this weekend to a local spot with a GC Quad.  I'm a weirdo and always order the "standard" and Plus/Max versions of the new TM drivers each year. 

For me Stealth Plus w/Ventus TR Red is it. My goodness what a phenomenal combo. I test Ventus Black, Blue, and Red, along with a AD TP-6 I had but distance and dispersion were best with the combo mentioned. 

I may be in the minority, but I definitely prefer the matte finish of last year's compared to the glare (especially living in SoCal) of the 2. But the matte top line does frame up nicely at address.

I think they crushed it with this release.  I like Stealth, but didn't love it.  I LOVE Stealth 2 and stoked to play the season with it! 

Now to decide between ZX7 and P770! Decisions, decisions... 

ZX7’s and don’t look back. One of the best irons of the past 5 years and the MKII’s seem to have all the right minor adjustments. Almost all the Srixon staffers put them right in the bag and got sabbatini out of the mizunos. Only reason to go another direction is if the P770s fit your swing profile much better. 

Edited by PureStrikes54

1 minute ago, PureStrikes54 said:

ZX7’s and don’t look back. One of the best irons of the past 5 years and the MKII’s seem to have all the right minor adjustments. Almost all the Srixon staffers put them right in the bag and got sabbatini out of the mizunos. 

I have the previous release ZX7s and absolutely love them. Not sure if the MKII are worth the upgrade, but they definitely have my attention!! 

Are people going lower in loft with the Plus driver? Sorry if it’s already been mentioned, didn’t fancy trialling through the whole thread.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:17 AM, Shriner said:

I continue to walk around and notice the previous model Titleist is $150.00 off (TSI2) so I try one out and am now at 153 ballspeed and the carry distance is about 5-10 yards further.  Club feels great and a plain-jane club head which is what I like.  I say I like it and he warns me that it will be expensive as it has a special shaft on it...he says probably $750-800.  Bummed out, he decides to scan it anyway and it is actually $499...SOLD!  So I ended up with  a TSI2 with a Tour Ad IZ6-S shaft.  Moral of the story...all these newer drivers are really nice and producing similar numbers.  Difficult to differentiate between the top models...

As others have said, it's not necessarily peak ball speed on great strikes where the new ones outshine the old ones.  It's miss-hit ball speed.  If you never miss the middle I suppose there's no need to worry about it.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, Brooks_Cupcake said:

The actual ones on the adapter aren’t collared I believe. Or maybe they are?

They’re collared and you’ll snap a shaft if you don’t use one. Ask me how I know. 

Regarding the tipping, I’m 99% sure ventus are coming I tipped as there’s no option to soften it but could someone with a velocore shaft grab a measurement from the adapter to the E and tell me what you did for tipping so I can know for sure before I order?

I've had my Stealth 2 for about a week now and have done head to heads with my OG Stealth several times now in the simulator (same Ventus Blue Velocore shaft). I am a low spin player so I tend to fit better into the standard Stealth versions vs the Stealth Plus ones. My swing speed tends to stay in 105-110mph range.

Across 75 balls with each I'm seeing around 1-2mph swing speed increase and about the same ball speed increase with the Stealth 2 over the OG Stealth. Probably within the range of statistical variance, but it seems pretty consistent. I just feel like I can swing the 2 a touch faster. The Stealth 2 feels better and sounds better to me as well. As far as forgiveness, as opposed to most I honestly thought the OG Stealth was pretty forgiving. It felt like crap, but the ball still gets out there, especially on high toe miss-hits which is my miss. The Stealth 2 feels better on those miss-hits, but I'm not certain it performs any better. I prefer the matte look of the OG Stealth but everywhere else I like the Stealth 2 slightly better.

Is it worth the $$ to move to the Stealth 2? Probably not, but since I can't leave well enough alone, the Stealth 2 is going in the bag for this year.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 8:17 AM, Shriner said:

That's kind of how I've felt now for a while now.   The SLDR was the last driver that game me any significant gains, everything else since then has been minimal, mostly just better on mishits.   If you've been properly fit for a driver in the last 10 years, you're going to be hard pressed to find anything from any manufacture beating out anything else.  I moved to the Stealth last year because I was impressed how it held ball speeds and dispersion on mishits, the Stealth 2 for me was identical so there's no point in changing. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

On 2/21/2023 at 8:00 PM, tbone18 said:

100% correct if his head is 203 grams to be D4 the shaft has to be extremely counter balanced or has a Midsized grip.

Mine head came 196.5 I added 1.5 grams of hotmelt.   With my Ventus Blue Velo 6S playing at 45.2 (50 gram grip +3 wraps) it came in at D4.5 on my scale a couple minutes ago.

With all due respect I have NEVER see TM actually hit a stated SW through their retail custom department.

Edited by ignitewvu
  • Like 2

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)