2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Shortest time you've owned a club and why

Vater

Bought a Sim 9* and swapped the head out for a Sim Max 10.5* in a matter of 2 weeks.

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60g 

3 Wood: Titleist 910F 15* w/ Fujikura Diamana Kai'li 75g

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 2H 21* w/ Fujikura Diamana Kai'li 80g

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 4i-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 Neo +1/2

GW: Titleist Vokey SM6 Tour Chrome 52/12f +1/2

LW:  Titleist Vokey SM6 Tour Chrome 58/8m +1/2

Putter: Odyssey O-Works Red #7s w/ SS Zenergy Pistol 2.0

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Bag: Ping Hoofer

I've sold before I've received ... and the reasons are all between my ears.

• Like 3

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Bought a Cleveland 48 wedge off eBay. Bought it to use, didn't, donated it a month later. 

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

I sold a putter after it rode around in my car for a couple of days. 

I'd recently had a putter fitting. The fitter thought the putter I used last season was the right one for me after adjusting the lie a few degrees flat. I sold all my other putters and committed to that one. 

I like to practice at home but I don't like taking my putter out of my bag because I might forget to put it back. Since my putter wasn't expensive I bought a spare just like it to leave in the basement at home. 

That spare was in my car because I was planning to have the lie adjusted. My playing partner showed up without his gamer that day and was complaining about hating his backup. We swung by my car at the turn and he started using my spare on the back nine. 

He almost holed a long one on #10 and hit a breaking 8 footer on #11. On number 12 tee he said "What'd you pay for that putter?" I told him and he said "You have Venmo. Putter is mine now." 🙂 

Edited by me05501
  • Like 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

42 minutes ago, me05501 said:

I like to practice at home but I don't like taking my putter out of my bag because I might forget to put it back. Since my putter wasn't expensive I bought a spare just like it to leave in the basement at home

I bought a spare putter of my last putter for that same exact reason.

In response to the thread, I had my Cleveland VAS for about 5 months. I don't think there was anything wrong with them, but I would top or hook them a lot. I had some money, saw my old 588 mts on sale, liked the idea of the forged face and being +¼" and not 25 years old. They're still in my garage, I'm planning on selling the 4-P, keeping the 3 for my eventual golf club display board.

D-Taylormade SIM MAX D Diamana PD 50r

3w- Honma TW-XP1 

17° Adams XTD Ti super hybrid

4h-5h- Tour Edge Exotics ex9

6-AW- Cleveland Launcher XL Nippon Zelos 7

56°- Cleveland CBX Zipcore

60°- Lazrus

P- Odyssey eleven tour lined stroke lab shaft

I only used the G400 driver for 2 rounds and I hated it. The sound and results put me off. I'm back to my G10 and back in the fairway. That's the shortest time I've given a club and I couldn't be happier getting rid of it. 

Ping G410 Driver

TM 200 Steel 3W

Lynx Parallax 3-SW

Ping Eye 2 SW

Nike VR Forged 60

Maltby PTM 1

I tried to replace my old, trusty TM Rescue Dual 3h.  It has a stock r-flex shaft and I swing driver over 100, so I thought I should replace it with something shafted more appropriate to my swing speed.  I spent all of 2 range sessions and one round with an R15 3h and gave it to a buddy.

This was 4 years ago and the Rescue Dual is still in the bag.  I think this is the 12th season I've bagged it and I bought that thing used.

Edited by forrester_fire

This was back in like 2007 when I was playing high school golf and my coach had a Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 that I had been eyeing. I was making everything I looked at when I used it that week in practice, so I asked if I could buy it from him and use it in a tournament that we had coming up. He gave me a good deal and I thought I was ready to rock and roll for that tournament. Boy, was I wrong. I ended up shooting 78 with 44 putts. Yes, you read that correctly...a 78 with 44 putts. I was paired with one of my friends that day who told me it was the most difficult thing he had to watch. 

I walked off the 18th green, gave that putter back to my coach and said, "I never want to see this again." It ended up hurting more when I did the math and found out just how easy it would have been for me to come in with around 66 if not for that putter.

My Bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Sub-Zero

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20*

Irons: Mizuno MP-30

Wedges: Titleist SM8

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey

Ping G425 Max driver.  Performance was good but the sound did it for me. Had Ping WRX hot melt it for me and still sounded like crap. 

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 5W

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 4-UW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 4.0 54S & 58E

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON SS NEWPORT 2

Oh man I told my story before but it was the moment I knew I was a true WRXer almost a decade ago haha. Sold a club I purchased before it even hit my doorstep.

Went through a flipping phase and experimented a ton but I had negotiated a trade for 3 putters for a nice driver. I didnt even open one of the putters out of the box.

Slapped a label on overtop of mine and shipped it to another wrxer haha.

So less than one minute of ownership? I guess I was a third party delivery service essentially?

• Like 2

This thread is one of the reasons why I love WRX.

My shortest ownership of a club is way longer than probably any other reported due to the fact it was the first driver I ever paid full price for. I got fitted for a driver and because of the lousy shape my swing was in at the time I ended up getting fitted for a 13° XR 16. Within about 4 weeks my driver swing came back to normal and all my drives would tower in the air to about 210 yards and drop straight down. Went out and got the previous model XR in 10° and everything was great again, although I did prefer the sound and feel of the 16. I kept the replacement until one round after I changed the grip. Ever since then, when my driver needs a new grip I just buy a new driver.

• Like 1

Just built an insane set of P770 irons in MMT 105S shafts with BB&F ferrules to go against my gamers (ZX7 in MMT 95S) small bucket before a single front 9 holes and they are up for sale. I actually had my son bring my Srixon to the course to change at the turn. They are absolutely stunning but not the right fit for me at all. 

Let me know if anyone wants a minty set of P770 heads by the way. 😉

• Like 1

I’ve 100% sold something using the original pictures while it’s been em route to me without ever trying it 🙋🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° & 25* HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird or Toulon Garage Memphis

Wedges..Vokey K grind 60..on here the Cure.. but not for me.At least i tried..love lots of other Vokeys👍 also TM 58 HiToe..looked great, reshafted regripped..skull...skull....back to std spec..sold..great lookin club...but...

Edited by RogerinNewZealand
Hitoe

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

Roughly an hour.  Bought a Scotty Cameron Laguna off Craig's List and headed to my club to try it out.  On putting green another member said that he loved that putter, regretted selling his own, and that he'd give me $200 for it.  I'd just paid $90 and wasn't in love with it so I took the profit.

• Like 1

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

I owed a McHenry Metals Titanium driver for less than 3 holes of golf. I bought it at 10am, went to the course, warmed up, got to the first tee....duck hook and the head sounded so odd (this is in that magical time where you didn't get "fit" or hit on a launch monitor, you had to just buy it and figure it out on your own). Second hole is a par 3 but the third tee box, I hit another duck hook and the brass weight on the back came flying off. I took it back to GolfSmith in Minneapolis, handed it to them and walked out with a Biggest Big Bertha from the used section (the same one I had traded in on the McHenry). 

Ye Ole Bag Setup: Adams 9016D 8.5 Aldila RIP 70XX RBZ Tour 13.5 RIP 90X VSteel 5wd NV Green 90X TM TP UDI 2 PX Handcrafted Hazardous 105X TM 2014 TP MB KBS CT TM MG 50,54,58 TM ItsyBitsy SpiderS TM TP5X

My record is 30 minutes. I had gotten two separate very good deals on a set of Mizuno and Titleist irons. The Mizunos came FedEx and we’re delivered by 10:00. I was at the course on the range when my wife pulled up. She had brought the Titleist out that UPS had delivered. She told me that one had to go. I was hitting the Mizunos great and gave my playing partner a great deal on his new Titleist irons. The saddest thing about this story is how well he hit the Titleist. Those clubs cost me a lot of side bets. 😞

Love this... had a few that didnt last long. Once bought a Nike 3 wood, think it was a VR of some sort only because it was the only 3 wood at the time within budget that had a white shaft. Yes I bought it because of the shaft colour. Think it was a fubuki shaft... anyways hated it, think I hit 2 shots with it and it was on ebay as soon as I got home. Similar story with a F6 baffler - wanted one for ages as it was branded a unicorn club on here, plus Rickie had one... finally found one and spent 80 quid getting a new shaft for it. Paired it up and hated it from minute 1, just felt off and the head felt cheaply made. Ebay when I got home. You can tell it was a prototype for the f8 and beyond as I loved the F8 head.

I have had a few shafts which have lasted 5 minutes, mainly due to how they felt with the waggle test once fitted.

There is something quite fun about buying a club / shaft blind, not knowing if it will be a complete flop or a success. Not good for the wallet though!

**WITB**

Titleist TSR2 10*, D1, 44.5'' - Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TS2 15*, D1, 42'' - Kai'li Blue Prototype 80TX

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 18*, A1, 40.25'' - Atmos TS Blue 8X

Titleist T150 4i - AMT Tour White X100 Black Onyx

Titleist 620CB 5-PW - DGX100 120

Titleist SM9 Raw - 52F, 56F, 60D - AMT Tour White S300

Toulon San Diego (2022), 32'', Golf Pride Pro Only Cord Green Star

TP5x

Funniest thread in all golf.

I have a reverse.  Last yr in February I went for PXG driver fitting when the 0211 prices dropped, and ahead of my scheduled knee replacment surgery.  I bot the fitted driver (vs. my Callwy Epic on Recoil shaft) in April or May after another PXG $ drop to celebrate the end of Wuhan virus, and just before my knee rhab was finished.  Then I hurt my hip.  Now my arm is in a cast with thumb arthritis repair.  Been looking at the PXG driver for 15 months with only a few ghost swings in all that time. Also bot a NOS Callwy Steelhead Xr 3 wood.  They look so nice next to each other. I dust them regularly.  Cast comes off soon and doctor says golf grip can start round Labor Day.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:20 PM, Mcgeeno said:

Oh man I told my story before but it was the moment I knew I was a true WRXer almost a decade ago haha. Sold a club I purchased before it even hit my doorstep.

Went through a flipping phase and experimented a ton but I had negotiated a trade for 3 putters for a nice driver. I didnt even open one of the putters out of the box.

Slapped a label on overtop of mine and shipped it to another wrxer haha.

So less than one minute of ownership? I guess I was a third party delivery service essentially?

This is the exact story that I remembered when I saw the thread title!  I knew there was a WRX'er who had sold a club before they even took delivery of said club!

Hall of Fame stuff, right there. 

• Haha 1

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]