2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

PXG Gen6? When?

StillCantPutt

1 hour ago, Tiptx1122 said:

You might be right as I’m sure there will be a price drop coming up as it will be a tough decision as I’m sure if the BlackHawks do get released the price will be jacked up big time

Is there really hope that the blackhawks will release in the US? I thought a PXG ambassador said it’s not happening? That would be amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

Is there really hope that the blackhawks will release in the US? I thought a PXG ambassador said it’s not happening? That would be amazing. 

Well we can only hope the Gen 7s have an all black look to them instead of 2 tone as the BlackHawks will be limited if they ever do release as they probably won’t make it here

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

2 hours ago, Wayside said:

I really love my Gen 5 driver, which took me months (and much mental torment) to get dialled in. 

But… even though I know it’ll be marginal gains, and even though I know it won’t be worth the money, I want a Gen 6. 

We’re all sick puppies. 

It has taken me some time to get used to after the Gen 5 with which I had found a particularly strong groove, but I really do enjoy the Gen 6. 

• Like 1

PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5* (Motore X F3 6S)

PXG ‘21 0211 3 & 5 wd (Tensei Blue 75S)

Callaway Mav Pro 4 Hybrid (KBS HYB 80S)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-G (DG105 S300)

Vokey SM8 54.12 and 60.08 (KBS 120 FLT)

TaylorMade Spider GT #3

12 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

Well for me there is just hope. And the PXG Ambassadors/sales /fitters say what they are told to say. And I would bet that they wouldn't even be in the know if they were planning to release them.

Probably the only way I would move on from my Black XCOR II's. I just can't see them not releasing them here at some point in time.

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

On 7/3/2023 at 9:29 AM, SEP1006 said:

Well for me there is just hope. And the PXG Ambassadors/sales /fitters say what they are told to say. And I would bet that they wouldn't even be in the know if they were planning to release them.

Probably the only way I would move on from my Black XCOR II's. I just can't see them not releasing them here at some point in time.

I've been looking for an excuse to buy either your clubs or Gen 6s. I think my gen 3 P/T combo knows because they were on fire for four rounds this week. Can't kick them out just yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have about a half dozen rounds in now with the Gen6 XPs and I am really happy with the iron changes as well as the shafts. I did take the gap wedge out of the bag though and put a 46* Vokey back in, it just fit my gapping better and I realized I just didnt want a set wedge in there below the PW.

• Like 1

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go full PXG this year, for a bit of a change. 

My golf bag is like a revolving door, but I simply can’t see any reason to swap out the Gen4 irons - whilst I’ve admittedly not hit the Gen6 irons, the Gen4s are forgiving, consistent, feel great, etc. so there’s nothing which needs ‘fixing’ which means there’s nothing drawing me to the Gen6s (and I prefer the look of Gen3/4 to the look of Gen5/6). 

The Gen6 woods have been great thus far.

I moved from G430 LST into the Gen6 driver, and I could honestly use either quite happily. 

Interestingly, I feel the G430 Max 3 wood had a little more ballspeed to it, but I prefer the shape of the Gen6 and I have more consistently centred contact with it. 

I was weighing up 7w or 3h for the remaining gap, and have gone 7w. Not received yet, but hopefully soon… and looking forward to it having previously played a hybrid. I suspect + and - will be that 7w into greens has better stopping power, but 7w will be more challenging to keep down when teeing of with it on ‘positioning is important’ par 4s. 

And most importantly, the setup looks amazing in my black fairway camo PXG carry bag!

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max (8*) --- Ventus Blue
Ping G430 Max (15*)  --- Hzrdus Red

Ping G430 Hybrid (21*) --- Hzrdus Red
PXG 0311 XP Gen4 (6i-G) --- Project X IO
PXG 0311 SD2 (50*|54*|60*) --- Project X IO
SIK “Sho” C-Series Milled (34”)

1 hour ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Okay. I read through about 15 pages.

Anyone have longer term reviews of Gen 6 irons? 

I can only speak to the Gen6 P's, but they have been absolutely fantastic! Pretty much everything I want in an iron. Forgiving, fairly long, and stop in a short distance on the greens throughout the whole set.

Edited by PT1911
  • Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

20 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

I can only speak to the Gen6 P's, but they have been absolutely fantastic! Pretty much everything I want in an iron. Forgiving, fairly long, and stop in a short distance on the greens throughout the whole set.

Thanks for the update. Are you shooting lower scores with them? 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

Love mine. My iron play is slightly better than prior; came from pxg gen 2p. 

Feel and look great. Very consistent and forgiving. Long. All the good things. I think they are the best in their category (player distance) I’ve tried. 

• Like 3

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

I think I've posted this same question twice in this thread so bear with me 😃 Any new news on Sugar Daddy IIIs or more grind options? Doing another fitting on Monday to buy my *third* set of SDs. I keep convincing myself that something will kick them out but end up going back to them. This has been a very expensive venture lol.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JB lefty said:

They look great. Makes my Gen 5 driver look a bit well out of date. Must resist buying Gen 6 clubs.....

To be fair, they were both (G5/6) extremely close but the look and feel of G6 was better. I have G5 driver and likely won’t change since I hit it so well.. at least until the first price drop 😂 . I actually like the lighter carbon top on the G5 driver but the fairways didn’t setup as clean. See how they go today and this weekend! 

Edited by LoopySwing13
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LoopySwing13 said:

To be fair, they were both (G5/6) extremely close but the look and feel of G6 was better. I have G5 driver and likely won’t change since I hit it so well.. at least until the first price drop 😂 . I actually like the lighter carbon top on the G5 driver but the fairways didn’t setup as clean. See how they go today and this weekend! 

What 3wd were you in before? Very interested in the Gen6 fwy woods due to the high level of adjustability. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Well, I think my Gen6 driver might be in trouble. I put an Aerojet LS into play to change things up during the dog days and it's been eye opening ever since. There's been distance gain, better dispersion and it just feels faster swinging it. Gen6 has a Red TR in it, while the AJ LS has a GD AD-TP. Now, I'm finally fully recovered from meniscus surgery and playing back better. While still recovering earlier this spring, I tried the AD-TP from my Gen5 in the Gen6 and it didn't seem like the right fit, so I switched to the Red TR and it's been working. I'm going to put the AD-TP back into the Gen6, but it's got tough competition to stay in the #1 slot. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hammergolf said:

What 3wd were you in before? Very interested in the Gen6 fwy woods due to the high level of adjustability. 

I came from Gen 2… so a bit of an upgrade. I played 14 holes today (9 in league and 5 after) and a bit surprising honestly. Overall they are much more forgiving and great ball flight. Not as in Iove with the sound or shaft I was fit in but man the ball goes. Few 3 woods in the 250ish range carry off the tee (and we teed off after 30 min of downpour) so I’m sold. Also hit a 5 wood to 15 feet on a par 5 from 230 and hit an awful 5 wood from 240 and was about 10-15 yards short. They have flat out performed and look great.

I play 18 Saturday and am throwing in my Ventus blue 7/8s from my Gen 2 and hope that helps the sound (might be wishful). They definitely perform deck and tee and hope to see continued success.

FWIW I got fit for Tensei white in both 3/5 but the 5 wood seemed better than the 3 wood.. not sure why. Again, only 1 round and nitpicking but look forward to hitting them more. 

Edited by LoopySwing13
  • Like 2

I just tried out the gen6 driver against my gen5 driver(ventus velcore blue 6x). ...Used my same shaft taken out of my gen5. 

The gen6 head felt way more explosive off the face!

Numbers were mostly similar between the 2 models on solid strikes,  but the feel and sound were definitely upgraded imo in the gen6. Definitely impressed.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 7:04 AM, MAB said:

Decided to go full PXG this year, for a bit of a change. 

My golf bag is like a revolving door, but I simply can’t see any reason to swap out the Gen4 irons - whilst I’ve admittedly not hit the Gen6 irons, the Gen4s are forgiving, consistent, feel great, etc. so there’s nothing which needs ‘fixing’ which means there’s nothing drawing me to the Gen6s (and I prefer the look of Gen3/4 to the look of Gen5/6). 

The Gen6 woods have been great thus far.

I moved from G430 LST into the Gen6 driver, and I could honestly use either quite happily. 

Interestingly, I feel the G430 Max 3 wood had a little more ballspeed to it, but I prefer the shape of the Gen6 and I have more consistently centred contact with it. 

I was weighing up 7w or 3h for the remaining gap, and have gone 7w. Not received yet, but hopefully soon… and looking forward to it having previously played a hybrid. I suspect + and - will be that 7w into greens has better stopping power, but 7w will be more challenging to keep down when teeing of with it on ‘positioning is important’ par 4s. 

And most importantly, the setup looks amazing in my black fairway camo PXG carry bag!

I just got the 430 3w few months back.  It's one of the best feeling 3ws I've ever hit with a ventus TR 7xblue, but if the gen6 3w feels anything like the driver I hit, it might be something to look at.

Did the Gen6 Challenge this morning. I was asking the fitter and a rep that was there about the Blackhawks coming to US. He said that they for sure won’t and that name was given only for overseas all back Gen6 irons. He said the only thing he can tell me is that an all black head is coming soon as well as an all chrome head. He said they look awesome. 

Edited by OspreyCI
  • Like 1

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

5 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

He said that they for sure won’t and that name was given only for overseas all back Gen6 irons. He said the only thing he can tell me is that an all back head is coming soon as well as an all chrome head.

Well I guess this is a Bad news / Good news statement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

On 8/4/2023 at 3:17 PM, OspreyCI said:

Did the Gen6 Challenge this morning. I was asking the fitter and a rep that was there about the Blackhawks coming to US. He said that they for sure won’t and that name was given only for overseas all back Gen6 irons. He said the only thing he can tell me is that an all black head is coming soon as well as an all chrome head. He said they look awesome. 

That’s disappointing on the irons… I am completely sold on G6 fairways after hitting several 3 and 5 woods in on par 5s including a 3 wood from 270 and 240 forced carry to 30 feet. These things are the best fairways they have made to date IMO. 

Now off to see if the G6 driver can replace my G5!

• Like 1