2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

PXG Gen6? When?

StillCantPutt

On 8/6/2023 at 9:36 AM, LoopySwing13 said:

That’s disappointing on the irons… I am completely sold on G6 fairways after hitting several 3 and 5 woods in on par 5s including a 3 wood from 270 and 240 forced carry to 30 feet. These things are the best fairways they have made to date IMO. 

Now off to see if the G6 driver can replace my G5!

What fairways did you hit? Standard or XF? Thanks.

2 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Those may be Hero, mobile site has this...

Screenshot_20230811_113627_Chrome.jpg

nope they fixed it, hero was same as sale price on website last I checked

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Time for a new topic GEN 7's? When

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

14 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

Gen 6 has been out for what, 4 months?? Lol 

Right but the topic is GEN 6 when? They have been out for 5 months, time for a different topic as to WHEN? 

Edited by Tiptx1122

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

4 hours ago, Tiptx1122 said:

Time for a new topic GEN 7's? When

NO

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

On 6/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, St Jimmy said:

How much better are the 6P vs the 5?

The 5's have been the best set of irons I've ever had and it has me wondering if 6 could be even better.

my inner ho is never satisfied. 

stick with the 5’s, I find the 6 wear more if that makes sense and to my eye the 6 has more offset than the 5, maybe it’s just me but I prefer the 5P’s over the 6P’s, adding back the 0317 CB short irons to combo with my 5P’s….. everyone has their own preferences so different for everyone, if you love your 5’s why change, but we all know that answer! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56/60 Raw w/ LA Golf WV 115

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

Finally did a G5 vs G6 driver fit and although I didn’t see big gain in distance, I found better dispersion and better flight.

current driver:

G5 9* with Ventus blue 6

New driver

G6 9* with Ventus black 6

Brought dispersion in and spin up a touch (from just under 2000 ish avg to about 2200) keeping my launch in a good place maybe slightly higher. Also helped to take left out of play as the blue had a bit of a two way miss. Very excited to get it built and into play. 

• Like 3

Any medium term reviews of the Gen6 hybrid?

I’m moving away from fairway woods for a while as, without any doubt, the most success I’ve had in that ‘area’ was with my old G425 #2 hybrid… which I foolishly sold on my quest for more distance. 

I gather that the standard 0311 Gen6 hybrid is still reasonably forgiving despite its relatively small profile, and I understand it has quite a pop to it ballspeed-wise. Hopefully I have at least the same success as I had with the G425 previously…

(0311 Gen6 #2 hybrid incoming having not previously tested it)

Ping G430 Max (8*) --- Ventus Blue
Ping G430 Max (15*)  --- Hzrdus Red

Ping G430 Hybrid (21*) --- Hzrdus Red
PXG 0311 XP Gen4 (6i-G) --- Project X IO
PXG 0311 SD2 (50*|54*|60*) --- Project X IO
SIK “Sho” C-Series Milled (34”)

On 8/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, LafFord said:

stick with the 5’s, I find the 6 wear more if that makes sense and to my eye the 6 has more offset than the 5, maybe it’s just me but I prefer the 5P’s over the 6P’s, adding back the 0317 CB short irons to combo with my 5P’s….. everyone has their own preferences so different for everyone, if you love your 5’s why change, but we all know that answer! 

I agree, I have hit the 5T and the 6P and I don't like the 6P at all. Offset is terrible imo will definitely be upgrading to 5T when they go on sale

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Any threads out there specifically comparing Gen5 irons to Gen6?

Any threads out there pertaining to gen6 blended set of XF (5 & 6) and P (7, 8, 9, P)?

Any threads out there pertaining to gen5 blended sets (same as above)?

How are the gen5 and gen6 irons for “hotspots”? Has that issue been resolved/reduced?

I am currently playing PING G410 in DG 105s (300) 5-U. Any comparisons out there against the Gen5 and Gen6 irons. 

Given the DG105s are an upgrade in PXG irons, what other shafts should I consider? Are there any graphite shafts that I should test?

What loft adjustments would be recommended to make a blended iron set correct (gen5 and gen6)?

How are you making the wedge end of the bag work with these sets (gen5 & gen6)? I currently play 54* & 58* wedges. I’m considering a non-set gap wedge.

Edited by Cwing

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

14 hours ago, Cwing said:

Any threads out there specifically comparing Gen5 irons to Gen6?

Any threads out there pertaining to gen6 blended set of XF (5 & 6) and P (7, 8, 9, P)?

Any threads out there pertaining to gen5 blended sets (same as above)?

How are the gen5 and gen6 irons for “hotspots”? Has that issue been resolved/reduced?

I am currently playing PING G410 in DG 105s (300) 5-U. Any comparisons out there against the Gen5 and Gen6 irons. 

Given the DG105s are an upgrade in PXG irons, what other shafts should I consider? Are there any graphite shafts that I should test?

What loft adjustments would be recommended to make a blended iron set correct (gen5 and gen6)?

How are you making the wedge end of the bag work with these sets (gen5 & gen6)? I currently play 54* & 58* wedges. I’m considering a non-set gap wedge.

All PXG Gens vs.......Robo data from PXG:

image.jpeg.41be3b33d36b9377731867a329c4a664.jpeg

Gen6 vs Gen5 P:....ROBO testing

image.jpeg.e9ba050ce101e580d90739380b94cb8f.jpeg

Gen6 vs Gen5 XP:....ROBO testing

image.jpeg.c5e21fbb2e07542dc19cd6eb8799c127.jpeg

PXG GEN5 XP vs Ping G425:....non-ROBO testing data

image.jpeg.bf0bcfa0b31b1b39aed400bcfd2ca8d0.jpeg

---How are the gen5 and gen6 irons for “hotspots”? Has that issue been resolved/reduced?

I have not seen any hotspots in the PXG irons and I have personally had most every GEN iron in the T and P.

--Any threads out there pertaining to gen5 blended sets (same as above)?

--What loft adjustments would be recommended to make a blended iron set correct (gen5 and gen6)?

With some bending of the irons lofts these irons can be blended.  As to what changes try PXG fitting and ask them.

---Given the DG105s are an upgrade in PXG irons, what other shafts should I consider? Are there any graphite shafts that I should test?

Call PXG and try the fitting line to determine if they can suggest a shaft option best for you.

--How are you making the wedge end of the bag work with these sets (gen5 & gen6)? I currently play 54* & 58* wedges. I’m considering a non-set gap wedge.

I have used non-set wedges just fine provided the lofts are selected to fit.

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

13 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

All PXG Gens vs.......Robo data from PXG:

image.jpeg.41be3b33d36b9377731867a329c4a664.jpeg

Gen6 vs Gen5 P:....ROBO testing

image.jpeg.e9ba050ce101e580d90739380b94cb8f.jpeg

Gen6 vs Gen5 XP:....ROBO testing

image.jpeg.c5e21fbb2e07542dc19cd6eb8799c127.jpeg

PXG GEN5 XP vs Ping G425:....non-ROBO testing data

image.jpeg.bf0bcfa0b31b1b39aed400bcfd2ca8d0.jpeg

---How are the gen5 and gen6 irons for “hotspots”? Has that issue been resolved/reduced?

I have not seen any hotspots in the PXG irons and I have personally had most every GEN iron in the T and P.

--Any threads out there pertaining to gen5 blended sets (same as above)?

--What loft adjustments would be recommended to make a blended iron set correct (gen5 and gen6)?

With some bending of the irons lofts these irons can be blended.  As to what changes try PXG fitting and ask them.

---Given the DG105s are an upgrade in PXG irons, what other shafts should I consider? Are there any graphite shafts that I should test?

Call PXG and try the fitting line to determine if they can suggest a shaft option best for you.

--How are you making the wedge end of the bag work with these sets (gen5 & gen6)? I currently play 54* & 58* wedges. I’m considering a non-set gap wedge.

I have used non-set wedges just fine provided the lofts are selected to fit.

Thank you so very much. Lots of data to dive into there.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JoeBo21 said:

does PXG have a black friday sale? 😆

just had a fitting for some gen 6 XPs but the seasons almost over so figured I'd just wait and see if there's a sale on them before next season

They use to have sales if the wind changed direction. But Parsons said he wasn't going to do that anymore and to date he has actually stuck with it.

If your season is almost over then I would wait.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, LafFord said:

I too have found the Gen 6 to wear more than any other Gen irons I have used.  I rarely play them and the soles look like I’ve had them in play for years.

I stumbled upon a used set of Gen 4 0311P Xtreme Darks, and man am I in love. I couldn't stop hitting them at Play It Again Sports and before you know it, I was going home with them. Feel was amazing, and for whatever reason I just found the center of the face more often. Not sure if it's the shafts, swingweight, lie, or whatever, but after 3 consecutive days in my sim doing shootouts with the other irons I own, the PXGs smoked 'em. They also had oversize PXG/Lamkin grips on them, which surprisingly, I also really like. It's kind of messing me up when I grab my normal grips now. 

I own the i230s and g430s, and despite being a degree weaker than the g430s, the distance and ball speed were much higher on the PXG (the player's distance design I guess), but with more spin and better landing angles. Smaller standard deviations on carry and ball speed, and similar offline deviations despite being longer. They're a little too upright for me - at some point I'll probably bend them a degree or two flat. 

Now all these other PXG options are staring me in the face. Keeping my eye out for deals on Sugar Daddies or the Gen 6 driver. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 11:23 PM, Mahamilto said:

Love mine. My iron play is slightly better than prior; came from pxg gen 2p. 

Feel and look great. Very consistent and forgiving. Long. All the good things. I think they are the best in their category (player distance) I’ve tried. 

Are more feedback on these? For the first time, I am seriously considering PXG irons. 

Also, how is the durability? 

4 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

Are more feedback on these? For the first time, I am seriously considering PXG irons. 

Also, how is the durability? 

Durability same as any other forged iron. They chatter but look great after a 60 round season. Still best players distance offering on market imo.

My gen 2s looked great after 3 full seasons too. 

premium offering. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

On 9/18/2023 at 10:09 AM, TonyRo said:

I stumbled upon a used set of Gen 4 0311P Xtreme Darks, and man am I in love. I couldn't stop hitting them at Play It Again Sports and before you know it, I was going home with them. Feel was amazing, and for whatever reason I just found the center of the face more often. Not sure if it's the shafts, swingweight, lie, or whatever, but after 3 consecutive days in my sim doing shootouts with the other irons I own, the PXGs smoked 'em. They also had oversize PXG/Lamkin grips on them, which surprisingly, I also really like. It's kind of messing me up when I grab my normal grips now. 

I own the i230s and g430s, and despite being a degree weaker than the g430s, the distance and ball speed were much higher on the PXG (the player's distance design I guess), but with more spin and better landing angles. Smaller standard deviations on carry and ball speed, and similar offline deviations despite being longer. They're a little too upright for me - at some point I'll probably bend them a degree or two flat. 

Now all these other PXG options are staring me in the face. Keeping my eye out for deals on Sugar Daddies or the Gen 6 driver. 

Check PXG Express on eBay. SD2 wedges go for a great price, but they sell quick. 

IMG_3176.png.de190cbe67ad1e8a5c24e7f0d1bdeb2d.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

If I were to bet my money would go on PXG coming out with new Sugar Daddy 3 wedges soon.  Based on what they just launched with 0317 T (yeah, they’re all that), along with their Battle Ready 2 putters, I’d put money on them coming with with goo filled wedges that are butter.  Just a hunch…

Don't know about SD III's but they are definitely fixing to drop a ALL BLACK iron similar to the Black Hawk.

Going to be real hard to kick my XCOR2 Darks out of the bag though. Just an awesomely great iron in every way!!!!!!

• Like 1