2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Hoping for a New Job...Conclusion!!!!

jholz

Just now, Robert72 said:

And this is related to golf how?

real nice. 

@jholz good luck buddy.  job hunts are rough. hope you get it and it’s everything you want. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

Best of luck those 3 points you listed sound like a much better job than wherever you're at now. I'm kinda in the same boat a bit with my "career". 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Good luck man. 

2 hours ago, jholz said:

but they got me to soldier on through guilt and false promises of change.

This is tough. Anyone with an inherent work ethic feels a responsibility, and in some cases a twisted sense of debt, towards the employer.  You owe it to your employer to do your best and work hard. In exchange you are compensated. The reality is that you owe nothing other than trying to your job to the best of your ability. The organization will go on without you. The bottom line of all business is profit.  Corporate "good citizenship" is a falsehood. 

There's probably also a feeling of comfort and security at your job. 

If you have a boss or coworkers that you like, it's tough to leave. 

I hope it works out for you. 

• Like 3

"Get dressed Spaulding, you're playing golf today."
" No I'm not Grandpa, I'm playing tennis."
 "No, you're playing golf and you're going to like it."

Good luck dude, hopefully you get that call soon!

I worked for a place some time ago that made a lot of promises in order to keep people they never intended to fulfill. You're making the right decisions and things will work out!

• Thanks 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Best of luck and well wishes coming your way. Keep at it and proud of you for taking the step. As men, we often don’t take enough time to encourage each other- remember, negativity always comes from beneath you.  Keep doing the work you know fulfills your purpose and gets you where need to be- keep us posted as convenient. 

Edited by Mitchell
  • Thanks 3

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Positive prayers your way @jholz    ….. they’ll be getting a real gem.  The very idea of you starting elsewhere with better environment and 45% pay bump means you’ve been undervalued for a while.  And I’m not close to the guy who believes all employees are undervalued.   Some are grossly overvalued.  But that’s another topic. 

you’re putting yourself out there , so I’m confident that something good is coming.  If not this job , a better one.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

19 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Positive prayers your way @jholz    ….. they’ll be getting a real gem.  The very idea of you starting elsewhere with better environment and 45% pay bump means you’ve been undervalued for a while.  And I’m not close to the guy who believes all employees are undervalued.   Some are grossly overvalued.  But that’s another topic. 

you’re putting yourself out there , so I’m confident that something good is coming.  If not this job , a better one.  

Thank you senor! Extremely kind words.

I hope to hear something about this job soon!

If this opportunity doesn't pan out, I know there's another killer position out there. I have the skills to get it.

Appreciate your support!

Edited by jholz
  • Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

On 4/26/2023 at 7:54 AM, MtlJeff said:

Good luck dude, hopefully you get that call soon!

I worked for a place some time ago that made a lot of promises in order to keep people they never intended to fulfill. You're making the right decisions and things will work out!

Really appreciate it! I figure it's worth the risk at the present time. The job market has never been better, and I got kids to feed - as well as golf equipment to purchase!

or
or

@jholz

checking in.  any updates on the new job?

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

1 minute ago, ChipStrokes said:

@jholz

checking in.  any updates on the new job?

Good lord man, I wish. Things seem to be moving very slowly these days with hiring processes. Haven't received news either way, and still have a number of applications out.

If not this job, something else will appear.

No one will be happier to post an outcome here when and if it finally happens. Just gotta be patient, I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

or
or

• 2 weeks later...

Agh. Sorry for not following up on this. Shame has prevented me.

I didn't get the job I was interviewing for when I posted this. They sounded real positive - but then ghosted me. It took several emails and a direct call to get an answer out of them.

The answer was: "We don't know what we are going to do with this position right now." Ugh. f*** you. If you are that f***** up, I don't want to work for you anyway. All cool.

But, had a great interview today with another organization. And should have another with an alternate org in the next week or so.

All of these opportunities are offering more money and better working conditions. The job itself remains largely the same.

I'm just trying to remember that its a seller's market out there. People are desperate for competent help. One way or the other, I'm going to land on my feet.

Appreciate all the well wishes and concern folks. You all are awesome!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

or
or

On 4/25/2023 at 6:10 PM, L3fty said:

Looking for a job is a full-time job in itself.

More true than ever. The high rates of layoffs in the last year make the situation even worse.
Many businesses try to get rid of employees, not to hire new ones.

But there is probably an opportunity for "crucial" jobs.

It's just that sometimes we don't search for jobs in the right place either.
For someone who is still looking for a job, you can use this link to find out all the nuances related to employment in the USA, and tricks to find a job faster.

A fatal mistake I used to make at the beginning is passively searching for a job. That is, I placed an announcement somewhere, or sent my CV, and waited.

When you are looking for a job, do it actively. Give proof of your skills before arriving at the interview, to stand out from the crowd who also applied for the same job.

Edited by IamMarkMac
  • Like 2

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

On 5/18/2023 at 6:00 AM, IamMarkMac said:

More true than ever. The high rates of layoffs in the last year make the situation even worse.
Many businesses try to get rid of employees, not to hire new ones.

But there is probably an opportunity for "crucial" jobs

Soon after the layoffs, the same companies applied for thousands of H1 visas. That kind of flew under the radar.

It’s not that they don’t need someone, they just don’t want to pay you. CEO needs a new yacht.

• Like 2

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

I realize you are talking about more Professional type jobs, but I have been trying to hire 2 or 3 Equipment techs for the last 3 years. We live in the poorest County in Florida and the former big Employer was the Phosphate Mines which have been in steady delcine for years. 

You would think it would be easy to find a fairly proficient person that can use hand tools and work on quite simple Equipment. Now it is mostly outside in the heat and humidity so not for the faint of heart, but my starting pay is now $25+ per hour with a great benefit package.

I can't even get people to apply, the ones that do come in (few and far between) are pitiful and expect much higher pay and tell us what they will and won't do. I had a guy come in with his hat on sideways and a hoodie on in the 90* heat and slumped in the chair in front of me, could not care less about getting a job, just needed something to put down on his paperwork to collect more checks.

• Sad 3

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

20 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

I realize you are talking about more Professional type jobs, but I have been trying to hire 2 or 3 Equipment techs for the last 3 years. We live in the poorest County in Florida and the former big Employer was the Phosphate Mines which have been in steady delcine for years. 

You would think it would be easy to find a fairly proficient person that can use hand tools and work on quite simple Equipment. Now it is mostly outside in the heat and humidity so not for the faint of heart, but my starting pay is now $25+ per hour with a great benefit package.

I can't even get people to apply, the ones that do come in (few and far between) are pitiful and expect much higher pay and tell us what they will and won't do. I had a guy come in with his hat on sideways and a hoodie on in the 90* heat and slumped in the chair in front of me, could not care less about getting a job, just needed something to put down on his paperwork to collect more checks.

This seems to be the case across a lot of industries these days. Showing up on time and working a full day is a lot to ask, apparently.

I also see a ton of people just wandering about on Thursdays, apparently doing nothing, and I wonder how they support themselves.

In any event, I've got another interview coming up late next week. Good job. Good salary. I'm well into the process. We will see how it goes.

Just in case, there's two more applications in process behind this opportunity, so again, with continued applications, I know something will show up eventually. Folks are desperate for dependable workers.

• Like 3

or
or

• jholz changed the title to Hoping for a New Job...Updates...

Just wanted to provide an update. I'm sure many are waiting with baited breath to see where I land...

I must say that this has been one of the longest job searches I've ever experienced. I've got a good resume and have been working since the age of 8, so I know how to get a job. It's uncommon that I don't get an offer after the first couple of interviews.

Not the case this time around. I'm older now and applying for reasonably serious jobs, so I can understand that folks want to be  careful. You add post-COVID uncertainty into the mix and it makes sense.

I've applied for probably 12 jobs and got four initial interviews so far. Made it to the second round on all of them - except for one that remains outstanding. Looked real good for a couple of jobs, but no dice in the end.

Finally made it to the third round interview on a pretty solid job today. Roughly 40% raise, two days at home, and a solid, well respected company. The commute will mildly suck, but I think I can hack that for three days a week.

I've also got a pretty sure interview coming up with an organization where I have personal contacts. Plus waiting to hear back from another after the initial interview. I've got a contact there too, so I'm reasonably sure I will make the cut. I've kept those two in my back pocket.

Both of the pending interviews don't offer much of a pay bump however. One would offer a comparable salary, but would only require 4 days of work. The other would be a very small bump, but fully remote. I certainly wouldn't mind eliminating the wasted time, danger, and expense of driving to the office.

So, I'm kind of at the point where I'll take the first offer I get, but it usually works out that you get nothing for a long time, then all of a sudden, you've got three job offers.

If I have the luxury to choose, I think I'm going with the money this time. That would be a first. I'll take commuting three days a week for nearly double what I am making now.

What do y'all think?

• Like 4

or
or

1 hour ago, jholz said:

Just wanted to provide an update. I'm sure many are waiting with baited breath to see where I land...

I must say that this has been one of the longest job searches I've ever experienced. I've got a good resume and have been working since the age of 8, so I know how to get a job. It's uncommon that I don't get an offer after the first couple of interviews.

Not the case this time around. I'm older now and applying for reasonably serious jobs, so I can understand that folks want to be  careful. You add post-COVID uncertainty into the mix and it makes sense.

I've applied for probably 12 jobs and got four initial interviews so far. Made it to the second round on all of them - except for one that remains outstanding. Looked real good for a couple of jobs, but no dice in the end.

Finally made it to the third round interview on a pretty solid job today. Roughly 40% raise, two days at home, and a solid, well respected company. The commute will mildly suck, but I think I can hack that for three days a week.

I've also got a pretty sure interview coming up with an organization where I have personal contacts. Plus waiting to hear back from another after the initial interview. I've got a contact there too, so I'm reasonably sure I will make the cut. I've kept those two in my back pocket.

Both of the pending interviews don't offer much of a pay bump however. One would offer a comparable salary, but would only require 4 days of work. The other would be a very small bump, but fully remote. I certainly wouldn't mind eliminating the wasted time, danger, and expense of driving to the office.

So, I'm kind of at the point where I'll take the first offer I get, but it usually works out that you get nothing for a long time, then all of a sudden, you've got three job offers.

If I have the luxury to choose, I think I'm going with the money this time. That would be a first. I'll take commuting three days a week for nearly double what I am making now.

What do y'all think?

Good luck my man. You’ll know the right gig when you see it and the organization that is trying to grab you up. Hang tough. 

• Thanks 1

• jholz changed the title to Hoping for a New Job...Conclusion!!!!