2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

58 minutes ago, Morry said:

at 45 now...don't think I want to go shorter..

but honestly, how much to shaft 1 point plus...like get it to d3.5 vs d5 

1/2" is usually 3 swingpoints, however if your shaft is counterbalanced, then it would be different.

Obviously, a heavier grip or butt weight would also decrease your swingweight but increase your overall weight. 5g of buttweight is about 1 swingpoint.

Anyone know what the tolerances are on the 10K MOI number?  If I add just a little weight to bring SW up, am I going to make the driver non-conforming?  I would only going from the 28 gram fixed weight to the 31 gram

Ping G430 Max 10K digitally lofted 8.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 6X
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 15 degree Diamana BF 70tx
Callaway Apex UW 19 GD AD TP-8x
Ping iCrossover 4 GD AD IZ-95x, Mizuno Pro 225 5 iron, Mizuno Pro 223 6-G Project X LZ Blackout 6.5
TM MG3 56 TW grind DG TI X100, TM MG4 60 SB C grind DG TI S400
LAB GOLF MEZZ1 LAB golf TPT shaft

On 2/24/2024 at 12:50 PM, ssf301 said:

I have a 22g in there now down from the stock 28g. It takes my swing weight down to D-1.  I like it. 

I like to buy smaller gram weights because you can usually add lead tape on the inside of them. I did this on my TSR 3 and I could bring it up 2 to 4 grams.   You can't see the lead tape. I'm fairly sure you can do this to the ping weight also. 

36 minutes ago, KingKong said:

My honeymoon period ended abruptly and I started hooking it off the planet. It was fun while it lasted. 

If you're hooking it off the planet with THAT shaft you really did pick the right username !!! :classic_laugh:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

1 hour ago, gibby777 said:

Anyone know what the tolerances are on the 10K MOI number?  If I add just a little weight to bring SW up, am I going to make the driver non-conforming?  I would only going from the 28 gram fixed weight to the 31 gram

It's actually hilarious listening to some higher handicappers worried about a few swingweight points but whatev; it IS a discussion forum.

But at least a 1 'cap has a slight(?) reason to worry about SW/MOI/whatever. That said, I find it hard to believe that a 3 gram difference would change the driver from conforming to non and put you "over the limit" for a high-level tournament you might want to play in.

There is, after all, a tolerance to a driver's published specs that, when added to the actual specs, would be incredibly unlikely to put you over by 3 grams head weight. You'd likely already have to have a head that was right up against the max limit including the tolerance level. What are the odds ?

But if you ARE entering those types of events, then by all means you should have the specs checked. 👍

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

It's actually hilarious listening to some higher handicappers worried about a few swingweight points but whatev; it IS a discussion forum.

But at least a 1 'cap has a slight(?) reason to worry about SW/MOI/whatever. That said, I find it hard to believe that a 3 gram difference would change the driver from conforming to non and put you "over the limit" for a high-level tournament you might want to play in.

There is, after all, a tolerance to a driver's published specs that, when added to the actual specs, would be incredibly unlikely to put you over by 3 grams head weight. You'd likely already have to have a head that was right up against the max limit including the tolerance level. What are the odds ?

But if you ARE entering those types of events, then by all means you should have the specs checked. 👍

Hence why I asked about the tolerances.  I assume there would be adequate margin for error as well.  If anyone knows the actual tolerances on this, I'd be curious to know.

Ping G430 Max 10K digitally lofted 8.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 6X
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 15 degree Diamana BF 70tx
Callaway Apex UW 19 GD AD TP-8x
Ping iCrossover 4 GD AD IZ-95x, Mizuno Pro 225 5 iron, Mizuno Pro 223 6-G Project X LZ Blackout 6.5
TM MG3 56 TW grind DG TI X100, TM MG4 60 SB C grind DG TI S400
LAB GOLF MEZZ1 LAB golf TPT shaft

The Max and the LST are the straightest drivers I have ever hit. With that said I get a low spinner a few times a round with the LST that costs me distance (plus I hate the way it feels) and I get a high spinner a few times a round with the Max that costs me as well.  All last season I could never decide what head to use. 

Bought a 10k driver for just the head but also did an experiment with the Kali white in X flex for fun. I only swing in the 107-110 range and the S is way too soft.  The X helped a lot but I was still getting the occasional shut face that would go left... at least it wasn't hooking on me like the S. I really wanted to like this shaft but for me its just not stable. Maybe the TX would work? 

Put in my fitted for the G430 Max Ventus TR Blue S and man the 10k came alive for me.  Getting ball speeds and spin like I was getting from the LST when struck well with the forgiveness of the Max.... pretty much these LST fast ball speeds from all over the face.  To keep the swing weight down I took out the 28g weight and put in a 22g. Didn't even try to swing it with the 28g so no clue how that would have worked for me. 

7 minutes ago, wfrogge1 said:

The Max and the LST are the straightest drivers I have ever hit. With that said I get a low spinner a few times a round with the LST that costs me distance (plus I hate the way it feels) and I get a high spinner a few times a round with the Max that costs me as well.  All last season I could never decide what head to use. 

Bought a 10k driver for just the head but also did an experiment with the Kali white in X flex for fun. I only swing in the 107-110 range and the S is way too soft.  The X helped a lot but I was still getting the occasional shut face that would go left... at least it wasn't hooking on me like the S. I really wanted to like this shaft but for me its just not stable. Maybe the TX would work? 

Put in my fitted for the G430 Max Ventus TR Blue S and man the 10k came alive for me.  Getting ball speeds and spin like I was getting from the LST when struck well with the forgiveness of the Max.... pretty much these LST fast ball speeds from all over the face.  To keep the swing weight down I took out the 28g weight and put in a 22g. Didn't even try to swing it with the 28g so no clue how that would have worked for me. 

Have you tried the flat setting?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I’ve got a dilemma with my 10k. When I went to the Ping fitting I was fit into a 12° head turned down to 11°. I was hitting beautiful push draws with it and getting a 14° launch with 2400 spin at 90 mph club head speed. 
Since then I had a lesson as my draw turned into a hook. My instructor said I was coming out of my posture and standing up on my downswing leading to me shutting the club face and getting a lot of toe strikes. That swing was really hurting my iron play more then my driver so it was really hurting my game. 
Now, to the dilemma. The resulting swing change has me now hitting a fade with the driver which is hurting my distance while my iron game has really benefited. 
So here’s my quandary. From what I understand, lofting down an adjustable hosel leads to an open club face angle and a fade bias, so would I then be better gettin a 10° head and lofting up for a draw bias? And, if I don’t sole the club and square the face to the target to get the proper loft, does the bias even come into play, or is it only there if the club is soled prior to taking it back. 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, Morry said:

d5 with 10k and same shaft as my Max at D3 

how do I get it down a bit...change weight I guess?  how much MOI do I lose? 

thx

Change the weight and don't even worry about the MOI - you'll be fine IMO. 

• Thanks 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

8 hours ago, Phebus said:

I’ve got a dilemma with my 10k. When I went to the Ping fitting I was fit into a 12° head turned down to 11°. I was hitting beautiful push draws with it and getting a 14° launch with 2400 spin at 90 mph club head speed. 
Since then I had a lesson as my draw turned into a hook. My instructor said I was coming out of my posture and standing up on my downswing leading to me shutting the club face and getting a lot of toe strikes. That swing was really hurting my iron play more then my driver so it was really hurting my game. 
Now, to the dilemma. The resulting swing change has me now hitting a fade with the driver which is hurting my distance while my iron game has really benefited. 
So here’s my quandary. From what I understand, lofting down an adjustable hosel leads to an open club face angle and a fade bias, so would I then be better gettin a 10° head and lofting up for a draw bias? And, if I don’t sole the club and square the face to the target to get the proper loft, does the bias even come into play, or is it only there if the club is soled prior to taking it back. 

In and of itself, you are generally correct. Golfers often go with a higher loft on the head, and lower the loft via the adapter, to open the face a bit (and theoretically, lower launch and lower spin). If you wanted to go the other direction and close the face a bit, yes, go with the 10.5* head and loft up.

That said, maybe just try standard loft on your 12* head, and that might straighten out your ball-flight without majorly increasing your launch and spin. In my G430 Max and LST, I can also move the weight to the draw position, but I guess you don’t have that option in the 10K (plus, that draw weight setting never seems to work for me, as it introduces too much draw bias and hooks).

In the end, there may be no other way around switching heads. The whole point of your fitting was to get a solid, reliable driver, and it sounds like you don’t have that right now. Good luck. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

54 minutes ago, wfrogge1 said:

Didn’t make a difference with that shaft 

13 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

I’ll say it again that taking out that 28g weight and going down to a 22g when your playing this driver at around 45” is a game changer. For me wether it’s with the Chrome Tour or a Ventus Black didn’t matter, it was all about that weight change. Like a completely different driver! 

• Like 3

Got a 9° head off someone, looking forward to seeing how it goes. Coming from a Rogue ST Max LS.
"But ShAMbotay, you've been hitting that driver great!"

Sounds like a great time to buy a new toy!

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

Alright, back from the range, but TopTracer was down which made it pretty challenging to do any sort of data based comparison. I had my launch monitor though, so at least had a decent sense of swing speed and then ball flight (albeit with range balls). I had a couple of scuffed Titleist ProV1s in my bag so used those sparingly to try a premium ball.

Notes:

23g weight - Felt "fine" and honestly relatively close to my old G425 Max in terms of shot shape and forgiveness. Dispersion did seem a bit wider, with both left/right misses in play

25g weight - The most consistent dispersion (tight draws in 10-20yds from my aim point), but looked like it was giving up a little bit of distance - I think possibly due to a lower launch window

28g weight - This produced the best launch window (high, explosive ball flight, similar to my original test drive of the 10K) but definitely brought a couple of high push right misses into play. It was this weight that produced the most consistent "frozen rope straight ball" shots that we've all seen in various test videos.

I'm going to game it at 28g tomorrow, then will likely do the same thing at 25g and then stick with whatever feels best. My main takeaway is I think I was just having a stinking day when I went back and switched to the RDX, as overall everything felt a lot more solid today. Overall I didn't see much swing speed difference between the weights, maybe 1-2 mph slower with the 28g vs the 23g. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

1 hour ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Alright, back from the range, but TopTracer was down which made it pretty challenging to do any sort of data based comparison. I had my launch monitor though, so at least had a decent sense of swing speed and then ball flight (albeit with range balls). I had a couple of scuffed Titleist ProV1s in my bag so used those sparingly to try a premium ball.

Notes:

23g weight - Felt "fine" and honestly relatively close to my old G425 Max in terms of shot shape and forgiveness. Dispersion did seem a bit wider, with both left/right misses in play

25g weight - The most consistent dispersion (tight draws in 10-20yds from my aim point), but looked like it was giving up a little bit of distance - I think possibly due to a lower launch window

28g weight - This produced the best launch window (high, explosive ball flight, similar to my original test drive of the 10K) but definitely brought a couple of high push right misses into play. It was this weight that produced the most consistent "frozen rope straight ball" shots that we've all seen in various test videos.

I'm going to game it at 28g tomorrow, then will likely do the same thing at 25g and then stick with whatever feels best. My main takeaway is I think I was just having a stinking day when I went back and switched to the RDX, as overall everything felt a lot more solid today. Overall I didn't see much swing speed difference between the weights, maybe 1-2 mph slower with the 28g vs the 23g. 

Frozen rope is a good way to describe the good shots. I need to figure out how to get rid of the occasional snap hook, but otherwise this thing is fantastic.  

• Like 1

I just watched the club champion “ battle of the drivers “. The 10K lost to the PXG. On the gcquad, the PXG was set at a driver. For the ping, it was set at a 3 wood. I am unfamiliar with the GCQuad.  Would that skew the outcome?  For some reason, I can’t post any comments on Facebook. 

15 minutes ago, Negncic said:

I just watched the club champion “ battle of the drivers “. The 10K lost to the PXG. On the gcquad, the PXG was set at a driver. For the ping, it was set at a 3 wood. I am unfamiliar with the GCQuad.  Would that skew the outcome?  For some reason, I can’t post any comments on Facebook. 

I am hoping the different club settings have no effect on the GCQuad. It seems Ian has an anti Ping bias already, that that would be a little too obvious. 

46 minutes ago, Negncic said:

I am hoping the different club settings have no effect on the GCQuad. It seems Ian has an anti Ping bias already, that that would be a little too obvious. 

This bracket stuff is for fun IMO.  If you tested the same drivers day after day and weeks after weeks the numbers would be a wash between all of them. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Negncic said:

1 hour ago, Negncic said:

It’s just a stock generic club label and has no bearing on how Quad reads the club or ball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

9 hours ago, Negncic said:

I asked this a few pages back - as Noodle says, it's just a label. They've done the same thing with some of the other brackets (including the Cobra Darkspeed).

• Thanks 1

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1