We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• QManyQMany #TheWRX  9150WRX Points: 277ClubWRX Posts: 9,150
    Warrick wrote:

A question on the putters.

You can see there are what looks to be removable plugs/weights on the sole. Can you adjust head weight? If no weight kit, can you order it with heavier weights?

If I can't get it to at least 380-385, no sense in getting all excited about it.

The weights are removable and adjustable. My fitter was telling me that I could get different weights to increase overall headweight or put more/less weight in the toe to change face rotation. He brought this up unsolicited and didn't make it sound like it was a Tour-only option.

It looks like we'll have more information next Monday!

C1HEyhJUAAAn_83.jpg
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • WarrickWarrick  10830WRX Points: 780ClubWRX Posts: 10,830
    QMany wrote:

Warrick wrote:

A question on the putters.

You can see there are what looks to be removable plugs/weights on the sole. Can you adjust head weight? If no weight kit, can you order it with heavier weights?

If I can't get it to at least 380-385, no sense in getting all excited about it.

The weights are removable and adjustable. My fitter was telling me that I could get different weights to increase overall headweight or put more/less weight in the toe to change face rotation. He brought this up unsolicited and didn't make it sound like it was a Tour-only option.

It looks like we'll have more information next Monday!

C1HEyhJUAAAn_83.jpg

Thank you!

I am now all giddy again for another week, will see what happens next Monday.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016  3085WRX Points: 583Members Posts: 3,085
    The putter weights are changeable. I am not sure if the old weights from past models will fit. Mine has the standard weights with a counterbalanced Super Stroke paddle grip. The total weight of the putter is heavy and tended to smooth out my wrist flip in my stoke - for the one round I used it.
    Posted:
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83  15594WRX Points: 514Members Posts: 15,594
    gregh729 wrote:
    The putter weights are changeable. I am not sure if the old weights from past models will fit. Mine has the standard weights with a counterbalanced Super Stroke paddle grip. The total weight of the putter is heavy and tended to smooth out my wrist flip in my stoke - for the one round I used it.

Saving all of these posts for during the season image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ  *9.0 w/ UST Helium 6F4 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *15 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ *18 w/ UST VTS 70 S
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200
    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • WarrickWarrick  10830WRX Points: 780ClubWRX Posts: 10,830
    gregh729 wrote:

Awesome!

I don't care what weights work, or even if I have to buy them, just want the ability to get the weight up to where I am comfortable. It's probably a good thing more are not adjustable, or I would own a boat load of Odyssey flat sticks.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7662WRX Points: 252ClubWRX Posts: 7,662
    I want to hear more about the new ball! I haven't gamed a Callaway ball since the i and i's!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Advertisement
  • rileypratherrileyprather  253WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 253
    Sean2 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

That is kind of him HotRod. :-)

Here in the Boston area it's not Ft Worth like. A few winters ago we received 9 feet of snow...I felt like I was living in northern Canada with a very short golf season. The next year, not as much snow, but COLD. Same thing last year.

I can't complain though, I'm the idiot that chose to live here...well sorta...

I'm in northeastern Connecticut (on 395 south of Worcester). I feel your pain, bro!!

I enjoy playing Connecticut National on occasion. :-)

That's my home course! Hit me up sometime and we'll go hit 'em!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Callaway EPIC SZ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Callaway EPIC 3+ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Titleist 913h 19 - Diamana blue
    Wishon 575 cb/mb combo - Project X rifle 5.5
    Callaway MD3 - 52 - 56 - 60
    Scotty Select Newport 2 (2018)
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28941WRX Points: 1,714Members Posts: 28,941
    GC70 wrote:

I want to hear more about the new ball! I haven't gamed a Callaway ball since the i and i's!

There is some info on the site already in some other threads, so i hope i'm not crossing any bounds by repeating it. I believe it is supposed to be firmer and lower spin than the Chrome Soft. It felt firmer to me though i only used for 1 round. I have putted with it a lot though

I like the normal Chrome Soft. When i did my fitting that was the ball we used and with the "2017 driver" i was putting up 2000-2200rpm. So the new ball wasn't a great fit because i don't think i was spinning it enough. I had a terrible driving day with though most of that was my swing. But the last couple of holes i switched to the Chrome Soft and felt it was better for me

So anyway, i can't post pics or name names....but the feedback is out there that it's firmer and lower spin. And that seemed to be my result
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    GC70 wrote:

For ME, this ball you are referring to, call it 'The 2017 Ball', maaaay be a bigger breakthrough for me than the '2017 Driver'!

I've been playing it for about 2.5 months, fortunately I had a dozen and the weather held out here in New England.

I finally got it on a launch monitor this past weekend. I knew I picked up some distance with it, but ****. AND, AND, AND from having it on the course, this ball is one hop and stop! All the time!! It's game changing for me.

I'm still a bit speechless, TBH with you. I never thought the V1 would be succeeded. 12 years with the V1. It's finally been retired.
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • Marks23Marks23  1262WRX Points: 115Members Posts: 1,262
    I noticed the new putter has the word "microhinge" on the sole. Guess we will learn more about this technology on the 9th.
    Posted:
  • shmitty18shmitty18  67WRX Points: 25Members Posts: 67
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is the press release for the drivers tmr? 1/3/17
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX  3681WRX Points: 241Members Posts: 3,681

GC70 wrote:

For ME, this ball you are referring to, call it 'The 2017 Ball', maaaay be a bigger breakthrough for me than the '2017 Driver'!

I've been playing it for about 2.5 months, fortunately I had a dozen and the weather held out here in New England.

I finally got it on a launch monitor this past weekend. I knew I picked up some distance with it, but ****. AND, AND, AND from having it on the course, this ball is one hop and stop! All the time!! It's game changing for me.

I'm still a bit speechless, TBH with you. I never thought the V1 would be succeeded. 12 years with the V1. It's finally been retired.

The new 2017 ball is good but I didn't feel that it was anything mind blowing to be honest. After a couple rounds with it I've determined that it's really good driver through PW but it just doesn't spin quite enough with my 54 and 60 wedge shots. Again, that's January golf on fuzzy greens and fuzzy fairways so maybe I'll change my mind again when we hit warmer weather.

I wasn't fit into a 2017 putter but I did roll a few models including a two ball that I really liked. The ball hugged the ground really well.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex Hyb TC serial 20* Kuro Kage 80s
    X Forged Utility 24(bent 22*) KBS $-Taper
    RAZR MB 5-PW KBS Prototype
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X Triple Track
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, Illinois 5832WRX Points: 1,099Members Posts: 5,832
    I've heard from sources that Callaway and Titleist are going to stop making balls since everyone in the world is joining Costco and playing their ball. image/sorry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sorry:' /> image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping,54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    mackepa wrote:

GC70 wrote:

The new 2017 ball is good but I didn't feel that it was anything mind blowing to be honest. After a couple rounds with it I've determined that it's really good driver through PW but it just doesn't spin quite enough with my 54 and 60 wedge shots. Again, that's January golf on fuzzy greens and fuzzy fairways so maybe I'll change my mind again when we hit warmer weather.

I wasn't fit into a 2017 putter but I did roll a few models including a two ball that I really liked. The ball hugged the ground really well.

I wasn't expecting the spin from 110 and in. But it's there. Where I am really digging the one hop and stop is from 60 and in. Could be a holy grail of balls for me, individually. Never thought it could get better than the V1. I was mistaken. A bit surprised too.
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 2,846
    what is the name of the new ball
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone  2507WRX Points: 243Members Posts: 2,507

what is the name of the new ball

Chrome Soft X
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • TitleistM1TitleistM1  103WRX Points: 0Banned Posts: 103
    Anyone ready to sell their epic driver yet
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2  31003WRX Points: 217Members Posts: 31,003

Sean2 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

That is kind of him HotRod. :-)

Here in the Boston area it's not Ft Worth like. A few winters ago we received 9 feet of snow...I felt like I was living in northern Canada with a very short golf season. The next year, not as much snow, but COLD. Same thing last year.

I can't complain though, I'm the idiot that chose to live here...well sorta...

I'm in northeastern Connecticut (on 395 south of Worcester). I feel your pain, bro!!

I enjoy playing Connecticut National on occasion. :-)

That's my home course! Hit me up sometime and we'll go hit 'em!

Sounds good! My best friend's daughter just finished her rookie season on the LPGA Tour, and CT Nat'l is one of her sponsors. We have played a lot of golf there, even if it is a bit of a hike.
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2  31003WRX Points: 217Members Posts: 31,003
    I like the new ball, and prefer it over the Chrome Soft. I found the ball to be very responsive around the greens. It was easier for me to hop/stop/spin this ball back than any other premium ball I have played/tested.

ps: I spent 5 hours over two days this past summer experimenting with just about every premium ball on the market. The ProV1x came out on top. Much to my surprise, I found the new Callaway ball to be a bit better.
    Posted:
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7662WRX Points: 252ClubWRX Posts: 7,662
    Sean2 wrote:

I like the new ball, and prefer it over the Chrome Soft. I found the ball to be very responsive around the greens. It was easier for me to hop/stop/spin this ball back than any other premium ball I have played/tested.

ps: I spent 5 hours over two days this past summer experimenting with just about every premium ball on the market. The ProV1x came out on top. Much to my surprise, I found the new Callaway ball to be a bit better.

Good to hear! I'm sick of the V1X and never liked the Chrome Soft!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • rileypratherrileyprather  253WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 253
    GC70 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

It's more durable than the Pro V to boot. Good ball all around.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Callaway EPIC SZ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Callaway EPIC 3+ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Titleist 913h 19 - Diamana blue
    Wishon 575 cb/mb combo - Project X rifle 5.5
    Callaway MD3 - 52 - 56 - 60
    Scotty Select Newport 2 (2018)

Advertisement
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX  3681WRX Points: 241Members Posts: 3,681
    TitleistM1 wrote:

Anyone ready to sell their epic driver yet

one million dollars and it's yours.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex Hyb TC serial 20* Kuro Kage 80s
    X Forged Utility 24(bent 22*) KBS $-Taper
    RAZR MB 5-PW KBS Prototype
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X Triple Track
    Did the press release happen yet? Do we "know" what the name is going to be yet?
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    GC70 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

I liked the ball. I prefer a firmer ball and this was great for me. Distance was good, control also very good, and it felt great off the face of the new putter.
    Posted:

gregh729 wrote:

Saving all of these posts for during the season image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The main point here is one 1 round I used it. I'll give it some time.
    Posted:
    gregh729 wrote:

gregh729 wrote:

The main point here is one 1 round I used it. I'll give it some time.

Not what I read! Best putter ever and helps me stroke that ball instead of having wispy wrists.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Wispy wrists are no good, no matter what you are doing!

The counter balance isn't as pronounced as the Tank models. I thought it felt good without being an anvil.
    Posted:
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 2,846
    i will buy it for a million dollars
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]

i will buy it for a million dollars

For a million bucks i'll even tell you the name
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300

Advertisement
    gregh729 wrote:
    Wispy wrists are no good, no matter what you are doing!

The counter balance isn't as pronounced as the Tank models. I thought it felt good without being an anvil.

I used a similar model once the other day. I like the feel of the counter balance grip but I do enjoy a heavier head.

20 gram weights would be a nice option.
    Posted:
This discussion has been closed.