2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

Comments

• JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭

Glad saw the words recoil shaft since got my 919’s coming tomorrow, no offense, but I’m not a fan. I had one put in my 4 iron 785 to see he felt, lost 15 yards and was a guess where ended up. So I’m happier with PX LZ or a Nippon, they seem to be fairly elbow/wrist friendly. Got PX LZ coming in 919’s.

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • beluga99beluga99 If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too... Members Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:

@beluga99 said:

@cardoustie said:
    My 919t set arrived today, like the bp's better ... one loooong range session fwiw

Do tell. Did the 919 Tours win any categories? Feel, launch, dispersion, etc...

I think it is not a fair comparison because the 919T's are in lighter recoil graphite, which I wanted to try
    Great smooth swings produced perfect high fades or draws but when I went after it the clubhead became lost to me and I had some clunkers
    I'm going to toss in one of my stronger pull sets of graphite iron shafts and try, maybe Fuji MCI 120x's
    Feel was outstanding
    I will say that now that I am used to the blueprints, dare I say the 919t's seem shovel sized if you can believe it

Thanks Cardie. I have the 919 Tours and have hit the BPs and can believe the size comparison. My Ping IEs next to the 919s aren't that much bigger. Love the Tours though. The BPs are very, very alluring.

G400
    917 F2
    Anser 18 + 23
    Fli-Hi
    919T 6-P
    SM7 52F 56F 60D
    Odyssey
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,625 ClubWRX

Mine finally arrived today. Took them out for a quick nine and I have to say they are as good as everyone was saying they were. I was surprised at the forgiveness on the few mis hits I had. Love the heavier swingweight. Distances were very good.

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryTBall said:
    Glad saw the words recoil shaft since got my 919’s coming tomorrow, no offense, but I’m not a fan. I had one put in my 4 iron 785 to see he felt, lost 15 yards and was a guess where ended up. So I’m happier with PX LZ or a Nippon, they seem to be fairly elbow/wrist friendly. Got PX LZ coming in 919’s.

I will put in Fuji MCI or px Lz or dgs400 or Nippon 1150 ... pull options

Ping G400 LST 11.5* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Aldila NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:
    Another really great night in league again
    6 birdies and an eagle ... 4 bogies ... 68 again. Back to back weeks amazingly
    5 under thru first 8. Then got going crazy low nerves.
    Blueprints were trying to send the 919t's a msg I think. These things have me under par in 3 of the last 4 rounds and I'm convinced are key to my plummeting hdcp
    Partner and I were net 60 for 2nd for 200 and shared 400 in skins ... we had 3 same hole bogies or we'd have been really low
    My goal of scratch is almost here !!!!
    The worst was eagling my 2nd last hole to get to five under and blowing 67 - a lifetime PB on the cusp - with a blocked drive into a lateral hazard. My par chip actually horshoed out !!!

These kind of posts are not helping me fight the urge on these bad boys!

Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    3 wood = Ping G410 Tour S
    Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:
    Blueprints were trying to send the 919t's a msg I think. These things have me under par in 3 of the last 4 rounds and I'm convinced are key to my plummeting hdcp
    Partner and I were net 60 for 2nd for 200 and shared 400 in skins ... we had 3 same hole bogies or we'd have been really low
    The worst was eagling my 2nd last hole to get to five under and blowing 67 - a lifetime PB on the cusp - with a blocked drive into a lateral hazard. My par chip actually horshoed out !!!

Why even consider the 919t? No reason.

Ping g410 plus 8* 1 flat Fuji pro 2.0 Ts 6x
    Titleist TS3 16.5* evenflow white t1100 6.5 75g
    Ping g410 19* hybrid 
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 34” navy with true path alignment
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kale_m said:

@cardoustie said:

Get immediately out of this forum!! Your logic spirit could be catchy!

Never putted so well as these days, so I got a new putter on the bay. It is a normal WRX routine for g sake!!

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:

Thats solid golf right there...

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • outgolfingoutgolfing Members Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a used set I could not pass up and although I have tested a demo blueprint against my P7TW and the P7TW’s won I still bought the blueprints. I unboxed them last night and immediately pulled the dynamic golds and installed Nippon 120 S.
    I plan on giving them a second go against the P7TW’s now that they are built to exactly the same specs.

Ping G410 LST 9* w/ Tensei orange 60s
    CallawayEpic Flash 3 wood, Tensei blue 70s

Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI 2 iron w/ Tensei blue 80hy
    PingBlueprint 4-PW w/ Modus 120S  
    TaylormadeMilled grind 50*, Milled grind HI-TOE 56*
    Ping Anser 5 milled
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@craz-e said:

@cardoustie said:

These kind of posts are not helping me fight the urge on these bad boys!

Do it...although I'm not the player Cardie is my last two rounds have been about 8 strokes better per round. My misses are better and consistency has improved considerably. And of all the new blade options, I think the BPs blade length, topline and squarer toe look best.

• kcsfkcsf Santa Fe, NMMembers Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Woo hoo! Mine came yesterday while I was checking in to play skins. Put them into play immediately and birdied the first 2/3 holes. They are every bit as good as advertised, if you can hit anywhere near the center of the face. Pretty stoked.

TM M3 Copper Mamba 70TX
    G410 Hybrid 3
    Ping i500 5-7
    Ping Blueprints 8-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 50* & 56* wedges
    O-Works #7s red
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kale_m said:

@cardoustie said:

Who needs a reason? Going to sell some excess clubs .... and also get a set of the 620mb's. Loved them when I hit them yesterday
    Unlikely any of these will displace my beloved bp's .. but I need a 2nd set at the cottage and a 3rd set at the twin's place in Myrtle Beach
    Plus a set for out of town guests

Scotty X7m
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:

Who needs a reason? Going to sell some excess clubs .... and also get a set of the 620mb's. Loved them when I hit them yesterday
    Unlikely any of these will displace my beloved bp's .. but I need a 2nd set at the cottage and a 3rd set at the twin's place in Myrtle Beach

Don't do it! Save yourself from the Dark Side!

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Ping Eye2, ZZ-lite shaft
    3w: Ping Eye2, ZZ-lite shaft
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind TW282, Precision 6.5
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS -or- Ram TG-898 56*, DGS
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

I've proven once again that anything over 44.5" or even 44.25" is a horrible fit for my tee game
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:

Keep on!!! That means when you finally get back down to Surfside you are giving me 3 shots----- a side!!! That is some good shooting Uncle Cardy

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

• BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cardoustie said:

@Kale_m said:

@cardoustie said:

Hey how about a set for an in town guest ( hint hint) seriously I had not checked out this thread. those irons favor my 2000 Dunlop Aussie blades--- I also think I can hit the deuce with that set because I can hit any of my Mac blade 2irons and can hit that Aussie 2 iron--- and seriously I do not consider myself a ball striker

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

@BIG STU said:

@cardoustie said:

Keep on!!! That means when you finally get back down to Surfside you are giving me 3 shots----- a side!!! That is some good shooting Uncle Cardy

Former pro's get exactly ZERO strokes

Scotty X7m
  • Bama_RichBama_Rich Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

Pretty looking club. It didn't perform as well for me comparing to other forgings.

TM 2017 M2 9.5 (set at 7.5 & 4* Open) - Project X HZRDS Black 75g
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* - Project X HZRDS Black 75g
    Callaway Apex UT - 18* KBS C-Taper 130g
    Srixon Z785 - 4-PW - KBS $-Taper 130g PVD Finish
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 50/54/60 - KBS Tour V 120x
    Odyssey O-Works #2

Cardi, when I had my BP’s, I did not even think about swing weight, as I naïvely thought they come with what ping makes them, that’s the science they had behind them and made them a great club! So mine came SW 0, guess that is stock. So say my 919’s come in with a certain SW, say 2, and the shafts work well for them. Should I order a set of BP’s if I want to go down that road again with that same setup? Just looking for humble opinions!

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryTBall said:
    Cardi, when I had my BP’s, I did not even think about swing weight, as I naïvely thought they come with what ping makes them, that’s the science they had behind them and made them a great club! So mine came SW 0, guess that is stock. So say my 919’s come in with a certain SW, say 2, and the shafts work well for them. Should I order a set of BP’s if I want to go down that road again with that same setup? Just looking for humble opinions!

Jerry, stock is D2. Make sure whoever enters them gets that put in the computer correctly. Otherwise, there's a lot more variance. Mine luckily were less than a point off -- all of them came in about d1.3, so I was ok with it. But I also noticed DD didn't enter the weights explicitly except for one wedge. Sure enough, that wedge was d4.0. It's all a matter of getting exactly what you want onto the build ticket.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

@matchavez said:

@JerryTBall said:

Jerry, stock is D2. Make sure whoever enters them gets that put in the computer correctly. Otherwise, there's a lot more variance. Mine luckily were less than a point off -- all of them came in about d1.3, so I was ok with it. But I also noticed DD didn't enter the weights explicitly except for one wedge. Sure enough, that wedge was d4.0. It's all a matter of getting exactly what you want onto the build ticket.

Thanks, yeah when weighed mine were D0 so seemed light compared to Z forged. Not sure, but I know I was one of first few to get my set. I have to be honest I’m not 100% what my preferred weight is supposed to be, I need a second look next fit session, possibly a second party opinion.

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Mine are d5 to d9
    Request what you prefer

Scotty X7m
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,625 ClubWRX

I am loving mine at D3 with the wedge at D4. Compared to my previous irons (D0) they feel like I am hitting the ball with a soft feeling sledghammer. I have literally never hit an iron that felt like this in my life.

• Kball10Kball10 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

**** - the more I keep reading this thread the more tempted I am. Currently hitting Apex Pro 16. I hit the BP once and liked, but they did not have the right shaft for me to try. I need to go and hit them again.

@matchavez said:

@JerryTBall said:

Mat,
    I found and interesting article, never heard this before........
    MOI Matching as an Alternative to Swing Weight Matched Clubs
    Matching all clubs in a set to their MOI has become a viable alternative to swing weight matching for many golfers. MOI matching may also be thought of roughly as building the clubs in a set to progressively increase swing weights from long to short irons in the set.

Candidates for MOI matching over swing weight matching can be golfers who:

Go in and out of consistency issues with the irons
    Suffer from occasional-to-frequent bouts of pulling short iron shots offline
    Sense less comfort and consistency with the short irons vs other irons in the set

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

@JerryTBall said:

@matchavez said:

@JerryTBall said:

Mat,
    Matching all clubs in a set to their MOI has become a viable alternative to swing weight matching for many golfers. MOI matching may also be thought of roughly as building the clubs in a set to progressively increase swing weights from long to short irons in the set.

That's what I did
    @Howard Jones and @TomWishon are the experts
    Lots of posts on here that will help

Scotty X7m

@Kball10 said:
    **** - the more I keep reading this thread the more tempted I am. Currently hitting Apex Pro 16. I hit the BP once and liked, but they did not have the right shaft for me to try. I need to go and hit them again.

@Kball10 ... the blueprints are way softer than those

Scotty X7m
  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryTBall said:

@matchavez said:

@JerryTBall said:

Mat,

Candidates for MOI matching over swing weight matching can be golfers who:

Go in and out of consistency issues with the irons
    Suffer from occasional-to-frequent bouts of pulling short iron shots offline
    Sense less comfort and consistency with the short irons vs other irons in the set

There is at least one monster thread on this. It's a reasonable approach. If you want to make it easy on yourself, just order everything in 0.5sw increases. Thus your 5 is a d2, 6 is d2.5, etc until you get to your PW. It's not perfect, but I'm not sure it's worth it. I've tried it myself, and I found it to be ok -- but don't go to any great lengths to do it. After you MOI, then you start to wonder why you're not SLI, then your grips... then suddenly you have a case of the Chambeaus.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan Members Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What this thread has definitely sold me on is trying heavier swingweights in my irons. Sending my S55’s back to PING this winter to beef up those CTP’s.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file