Rocco and Alcohol

playar32

Lots of lonely, empty hotel rooms and airport lounges. It would be easy for me to go full lush.

Not sure I get that one. As a forever traveling businessman I'm forever eating alone, in and out of hotels and airport lounges. Never once come close to becoming an alcoholic and I earn a bit less than these guys to boot��

Consider yourself lucky. Some people just have the predisposition to overindulge whether it be genetic or environmental or a combination of the two. I never bought into the 'it's a disease' thing as I control my arms and legs etc... and have gotten into polite arguments with folks in the profession of rehabilitation about it but I do strongly believe in the existence of 'predisposition'.

To those who don't understand why alcoholics are essentially powerless... Well I"m an alcoholic of 40 years (sober 5 years so far this time) and I don't understand it either. The way I look at it is,,,, I can always get sloshed tomorrow.

You see, I have taken my awful fault/trait of procrastination and have used it to my advantage to stay sober.

Great job Brother and may you enjoy many many many more “five years,” one day at a time

God Bless,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Most of the guys in my golf circle do not drink or use other substances while they golf but a few do. One in particular cannot play close to his handicap unless he vapes THC oil or smokes pot. I don't know why since he's emphatic that pot isn't addictive but we know as soon as well smell skunk he's going to start playing better.

If Rocco turned to alcohol for pain relief then he probably did himself a favor rather than get hooked on Oxy, I know alcohol can do damage but I've seen too many of my friends kids turn to heroin after battling a Oxy / opiate addiction, nasty stuff.

I just don't understand why Rocco would turn to booze and not his friends or family.

I guess I will never know - I am not wired that way.

I don't know either Ferg. I don't know His family situation. But I can say from experience that not everyone has that soft place to land. When you're the only sane one of the bunch it gets tough. When you have an issue there's not anyplace to turn. You tend to internalize it and try to make the pain stop however you can. Not saying Rocco is in that predicament, but it's a viable " cause and effect " if he was.

I think maintaining a good network of a few good people helps. I have a couple of close friends that would literally kick the daylights out of me (and I them) if we spotted abuse in one another. Zero tolerance. These are people I met after college, so we are not lifelong friends.

We are not "squares" by any means. We drink, sure - but, the booze never takes center stage. I guess we all have experienced it in one way shape or form (friend or family member) and just care enough about each other to not let one go down that path. I love these guys for it. It's like insurance.

My guess is that Rocco doesn't have the same close network of friends, and was either being enabled by the people he hung with or was hiding it from others that would say something.

Exactly!!

Rocco initially cut out those that called him on it personally, professionally and socially and surrounded himself with enablers and those that were as bad if not worse than he was.

He turned the corner or whatever you want to call it as he reached out to those that he had cut out of his life and turned away from the enablers.

As has been said, Rocco is a great guy and he really is as “regular” as any sports superstar that I’ve ever met, and regardless of what ya think of his swing, him as a Player or his playing career, Rocco has 6 Tour Victories, 3 Champions Tour Victories with one being a Major, and more so than his Play on the course, from his swing to his physique to his own personal insecurities, which, like his heart, he wears on his sleeve, Rocco epitomizes the “Everyman” that walks courses all over this earth every single day..

He’s a good man and deserves the happiness, security & serenity that has at times eluded him through the years.

He’s in a good place and I hope that he stays there!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I'm not sophisticated in alcoholism but I have this question: Was Rocco actually an alcoholic if he was able to quit drinking cold turkey and the worst physical response was a headache for 4 hours? Wouldn't an alcoholic experience a more dramatic physical response to the absence of alcohol?

There is physical addiction, and then there is psychological addiction. Rocco wasn't physically addicted, but probably psychologically addicted.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

The non-alcoholic will never understand, therefore, no speculation or debate here. My own 12 years of sobriety affords nothing, it is just a number and no guarantee- I am in no way cured. What is important now, is for someone following this topic to understand that there is hope and a way out of the prison of addiction. The key to unlock it is on the inside, you just have to ask how to find it.

Most of the guys in my golf circle do not drink or use other substances while they golf but a few do. One in particular cannot play close to his handicap unless he vapes THC oil or smokes pot. I don't know why since he's emphatic that pot isn't addictive but we know as soon as well smell skunk he's going to start playing better.

If Rocco turned to alcohol for pain relief then he probably did himself a favor rather than get hooked on Oxy, I know alcohol can do damage but I've seen too many of my friends kids turn to heroin after battling a Oxy / opiate addiction, nasty stuff.

I just don't understand why Rocco would turn to booze and not his friends or family.

He blamed himself for some offcourse ocurrances that while he was involved and got a lot of those close to him involved, sometimes the putt drops and sometimes it doesn’t.

Not to oversimplify things however some business deals didn’t work out.

While I was not an investor, I am very close to a few who were and they never ever blamed Rocco, and he was much harder on himself than they were.

That led to a lot of his stepping away from those closest to him, both loved ones and friends.

It was not out of arrogance~

It was out of insecurities, which we all carry with us, it’s just some can deal with them while others compartmentalize them(Moi) and bury them deeper with each passing day while some need chemicals to numb the pain, hurt and insecurities.

Unfortunately Rocco fell into the third group.

Oh yea, just as an aside, there is more to it than a back pain?

Much more

Have a great weekend Fergs?

RP

I'm not sophisticated in alcoholism but I have this question: Was Rocco actually an alcoholic if he was able to quit drinking cold turkey and the worst physical response was a headache for 4 hours? Wouldn't an alcoholic experience a more dramatic physical response to the absence of alcohol?

physical withdrawal is usually person specific, meaning different people can have different levels of severity. Some can have a seizure during withdrawal while other may not have much "symptoms" that u can see, etc. some need meds to titrate off of the alcohol (benzodiazepines) while other can just stop drinking.

I remember a story from my buddies grandparents down in palm desert that they saw Arnold Palmer at the bar after a round and he was sloppy drunk and being flirty with the ladies. This must have been around 1998.

Excuse me, and nothing against your Bud or his Grandparents, but I’m calling bullsh**!! First, and I had my first drink with Mr. Palmer in the early 90’s, 1991-92, I don’t remember exactly, and through the decades up to his passing, and we spoke 5 days prior as we were in the same hospital(Shadyside Hospital, Pgh, PA), from my club’s men’s grille, to Bay Hill to his home in Ligonier, PA, and I never ever, and there were many situations where he was surrounded by Buds and in the environment where if getting drunk was gonna happen, the table was set, and never, not once did I see him drunk, much less “sloppy,” LMFAO ???

NFW!!!

As an aside, Mr. Palmer was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1997(My father was one of his docs/surgeon), and while I’m not getting into his medical history, suffice to say that he wasn’t back in the saddle till 2000-2001.

All that aside, I have never ever in my life met someone who was more cognizant and aware of their public persona, image and reputation than Mr. Palmer. He knew that for many people, especially men, He WAS golf, and I can’t count the times that he’d approach someone who was “sloppy,” loud or just getting obnoxious and privately had a word with them and they either STFU or pipedTF down. I was in the shower at my club after a charity event and he had approached a club MEMBER, at another table, who was “sloppy” and dropping “f” bombs.

Mr. Palmer didn’t care where it was, when it was or who was around, and we had two Fortune 20 CEOs sittin at the next table when he approached the member at my club.

Plus, they’re talkin about Mr. Palmer in his late 60’s getting “sloppy drunk,” and doing it post-round at some club in Arizona???

Bro, you can tell em straight up that some arsehole on your golf forum said that they’re full of s***?

My email is rpjii84 at gmail dot com if they wanna discuss it with me and I promise you that I’ll be a gentleman and speak to them as I would my own Grandparents?

I am in no way am saying anything against you or your Bud, and yea, on another point, I’m very familiar with his history with the Ladies, and no, he wasn’t remotely anything near a “predator,” and Sam and Pete told me first hand post tourney stories, and Sam was in awe of Mr. Palmer cuz back in the day, he didn’t have to open his mouth, much less try to “game” or “prey” on some Lady, as just his appearance was enough to turn heads and the more brazen(and beautiful) would approach him. His biggest come on was to send a Lady a drink.

For all that has been said about Arnold Palmer, I think that his greatest rival said it best, when in 2012 at Mr. Palmer’s Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony, Jack stated, “Arnold may have won four green jackets but he never lost his blue collar.”

Nope, if Rocco is “Everyman,” Arnold Palmer was THE Man?!!

So let’s reel it in a tad Gents??

When we start using words like “sloppy drunk” and “predator” to describe Arnold Friggin Palmer, well, it’s time for some of that self reflection bulls*** that my shrink is always chirpin about?

Cheers?

RP

I remember a story from my buddies grandparents down in palm desert that they saw Arnold Palmer at the bar after a round and he was sloppy drunk and being flirty with the ladies. This must have been around 1998.

Excuse me, and nothing against your Bud or his Grandparents, but I’m calling bullsh**!! First, and I had my first drink with Mr. Palmer in the early 90’s, 1991-92, I don’t remember exactly, and through the decades up to his passing, and we spoke 5 days prior as we were in the same hospital(Shadyside Hospital, Pgh, PA), from my club’s men’s grille, to Bay Hill to his home in Ligonier, PA, and I never ever, and there were many situations where he was surrounded by Buds and in the environment where if getting drunk was gonna happen, the table was set, and never, not once did I see him drunk, much less “sloppy,” LMFAO ???

NFW!!!

As an aside, Mr. Palmer was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1997(My father was his surgeon), and while I’m not getting into his medical history, suffice to say that he wasn’t back in the saddle till 2000-2001.

All that aside, I have never ever in my life met someone who was more cognizant and aware of their public persona, image and reputation than Mr. Palmer. He knew that for many people, especially men, He WAS golf, and I can’t count the times that he’d approach someone who was “sloppy,” loud or getting obnoxious and privately had a word with them and they either STFU or pipedTF down. I was in the shower at my club after a charity event and he had approached a club MEMBER, at another table, who was “sloppy” and dropping “f” bombs.

Mr. Palmer didn’t care where it was, when it was or who was around, and we had two Fortune 20 CEOs sittin at the next table when he approached the member at my club.

Plus, they’re talkin about Mr. Palmer in his late 60’s getting “sloppy,” and doing it after a round???

Bro, you can tell em some arsehole on your golf forum said that they’re full of s***?

I am in no way am saying anything against you or your Bud, and yea, on another point, I’m very familiar with his history with the Ladies, and no, he wasn’t remotely anything near a “predator,” and Sam and Pete told me first hand post tourney stories, and Sam was in awe of Mr. Palmer cuz back in the day, he didn’t have to open his mouth, much less try to “game” or “prey” on some Lady, and just his appearance was enough to turn heads and the more brazen(and beautiful) would approach him. His biggest come on was to send a Lady a drink.

When we start using words like “sloppy drunk” and “predator” to describe Arnold Friggin Palmer, well, it’s time for some of that self reflection bulls*** that my shrink is always chirpin about?

Cheers?

RP

And Boom Goes the Dynamite ?!

Richard my friend , As always, you’re bringing the heat with cold facts ! Hope you are doing well ! Glad to read your words !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

NFW!!!

As an aside, Mr. Palmer was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1997(My father was his surgeon), and while I’m not getting into his medical history, suffice to say that he wasn’t back in the saddle till 2000-2001.

All that aside, I have never ever in my life met someone who was more cognizant and aware of their public persona, image and reputation than Mr. Palmer. He knew that for many people, especially men, He WAS golf, and I can’t count the times that he’d approach someone who was “sloppy,” loud or getting obnoxious and privately had a word with them and they either STFU or pipedTF down. I was in the shower at my club after a charity event and he had approached a club MEMBER, at another table, who was “sloppy” and dropping “f” bombs.

Plus, they’re talkin about Mr. Palmer in his late 60’s getting “sloppy,” and doing it after a round???

Bro, you can tell em some arsehole on your golf forum said that they’re full of s***?

I am in no way am saying anything against you or your Bud, and yea, on another point, I’m very familiar with his history with the Ladies, and no, he wasn’t remotely anything near a “predator,” and Sam and Pete told me first hand post tourney stories, and Sam was in awe of Mr. Palmer cuz back in the day, he didn’t have to open his mouth, much less try to “game” or “prey” on some Lady, and just his appearance was enough to turn heads and the more brazen(and beautiful) would approach him. His biggest come on was to send a Lady a drink.

Cheers?

RP

And Boom Goes the Dynamite ?!

Richard my friend , As always, you’re bringing the heat with cold facts ! Hope you are doing well ! Glad to read your words !

Thanks Brother and I gotta say, Madison told me to ignore it and let it go and I swear I tried but I kept coming back to that statement and then I was lookin at my 8802 last night that Maddie got him to sign in the hospital and I started thinkin about it again and I just couldn’t let it go, lol

As I said, I’m not directing anything at Joe or his bud, and while there are some non-flattering things about Mr. Palmer that if someone posted them, I could believe them, excessive drinking is not one of them cuz granted, he was in his early 60’s when I first met him(early 90’s), however he was almost OCD about his reputation when on a golf course or in a club house and as I said, he is one of two men that I never saw turn away or walk away from someone wanting his autograph.

And Sam was no wallflower when it came to the Ladies however he said Mr. Palmer was in another league, lolol. And the two incidents that are often quoted where another husband got p!ssed at his wife showering Mr. Palmer with attention were BOTH were the Lady approached Mr. Palmer, NOT the other way around. He had no idea either was married and stopped speaking to both when it became an issue and in fact left the one restaurant because it was the Lady’s husband who was drunk and making a fool of himself.

So no, Mr. Palmer NEVER came onto Women in front of their husbands, lmao

He is one of the few Super Stars who’s Kindmess exceeded his competitiveness, and he was one competitive son of.a b****, even when we putted in the hospital, lol.

I just couldn’t let it go cuz if ya do then it gets repeated again and again and pretty soon it obtains that “truth by repetition” moniker and not while I gotta say, lol

Anyhoo, thanks again for the kind words and I hope that you and the Fam are well?

Always,

Richard

Functional alcoholism was my plight for almost 8 years. It was certainly less manageable at the end but man did it start to take over my life. I was 30 when I entered into treatment and it was the best decision of my life. I don't wish addiction on anyone, but living a life in recovery now 3+ years, it offers me a new outlook and appreciation I never would have had without it. It's one of the worst diseases to suffer from, but the most wonderful to recover from.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Too many to even list. I decided in college if I wanted to pursue golf professionally I was gonna have to get sober. So I did. Not only does it allow you to get the most out of your mornings but you’re really a much better off person . My bout with depression became drastically better once I got sober but that’s a battle that’s always being fought. The thing I noticed is how many friends you lose the minute you stop drinking. As if they don’t even want you around anymore , while you’re perfectly fine saying hi for a few hours and having water /soda with them. Pooof , don’t even get me started with dating. It’s newrly impossible to find someone my age who wants to be around a guy that’s sober so that’s a cool thing.

Good for you. Take it as a badge of honor. Anytime you try to do something different or better in life, there will be detractors. If you want to run faster ahead of the pack, you'll sometimes find yourself alone. That's the price you pay for trying to be different but it's worth it. Also, they obviously weren't true friends if something like that could end your friendship.

Thank you . Amazing how fast those people come clawing back after you do something worthwhile. Actually kind of sad. I can definility see how lonely a pursuit it is & how easy it would be for guys to drink to the point of addiction

Alcoholics don't necessarily drink every day. My ex wife would binge for a day or a couple days and then not drink for a week or two.

I term I've never understood is "functioning alcoholic." Seems like an oxymoron to me.

You probably know and work with one. That's the whole point. They go about their day kinda normal but things happen at home or the weekend or maybe there's an extra sick day here and there while they nurse their Irish flu.

It's not like there's a blood test for alcoholism. If it's a problem, it's a problem. Hopefully, people realize it's a problem and take action before hitting rock bottom.

I’d bet more fell in arnies lap than he could shake a stick at. No need to “be a predator”. I’ve heard the stories of him being a player.

Sam used to joke that Mr. Palmer’s rejects from all of the states that they Played in could make up a Miss/Mrs. America pageant with one more beautiful than the last, lolol.

Sam used to have a Hollywood starlet on his arm at Bing’s annual clam bake so it’s not like he was landing dog meat?, lol

Have a nice weekend Frosty?

RP

My definition of alcoholic is this, and at some point one reaches a jumping off point where this become apparent. Despite a desire to quit, they find themselves unable to stop drinking entirely. They cannot live with it anymore, but they also cannot go on with out it. It's utter despair and hopelessness at its very worst. This is why so many don't make it.

Edel Brick

Well for one if the alcohol helped with the physical pain in his back and allowed him to play golf. Unless your friends and family includes a massage therapist who can cure your pain.

Also, turning to friends and family may be a better way of dealing with personal problems and insecurities in the long run, but alcohol works very well in the short term.

Alcohol is a very convenient and fast acting cure for many's people's worries and self doubts. It's easy to go to and it works every time, if you're someone that feels more relaxed and confident when drinking.

I'm not saying that it is a good solution long term, but it certainly works in the short term for temporarily curing a lot of problems. Ultimately it has bad side effects and it turns into short term pleasure with long term pain.

But, there are plenty of reasons to choose booze. Friends and family don't always instantaneously make you feel better about yourself.

I don't know either Ferg. I don't know His family situation. But I can say from experience that not everyone has that soft place to land. When you're the only sane one of the bunch it gets tough. When you have an issue there's not anyplace to turn. You tend to internalize it and try to make the pain stop however you can. Not saying Rocco is in that predicament, but it's a viable " cause and effect " if he was.

I think maintaining a good network of a few good people helps. I have a couple of close friends that would literally kick the daylights out of me (and I them) if we spotted abuse in one another. Zero tolerance. These are people I met after college, so we are not lifelong friends.

We are not "squares" by any means. We drink, sure - but, the booze never takes center stage. I guess we all have experienced it in one way shape or form (friend or family member) and just care enough about each other to not let one go down that path. I love these guys for it. It's like insurance.

I can say I had a good network of family and friends; there is absolutely no person or groups of persons that can stop an alcoholic like me from drinking. Look at the Mothers, friends, family, business associates and innocent bystanders that the practicing alcoholic often hurts and leaves in their wake. I talk about my Alcoholism in life and death terms and you have Platitudes about a “good network.” You Ferguson are Clueless. As a mentor, once told me, “Don’t Speak Beyond your Experience”.....even though this a Forum and a “Golf” forum at that.....

I'm fairly certain that by certain metrics I would count as a functioning alcoholic - whilst I don't get drunk very often I will normally have a beer or 2 after work, often stopping off on the way home from work for what we call in the UK a "Drinkers Pint", so just me, a beer and Twitter/WRX - in fact I'm away with work at the moment and am sitting here in the hotel bar on my own with a pint. If I'm playing I'll usually get down to the club 20 mins early and have a beer.

I do suffer really badly with anxiety however, and find a beer will calm me down, but if pot was legal in the UK I could quit beer tomorrow - sadly the typical UK Club isn't somewhere you can readily spark a j and get toking.

Shame, as it does noticeably improve my game.

Such an easy trap to fall into however, especially if like me you have an addictive personality and a mental illness that makes it difficult to relax.

• Like 1

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

I'm fairly certain that by certain metrics I would count as a functioning alcoholic - whilst I don't get drunk very often I will normally have a beer or 2 after work, often stopping off on the way home from work for what we call in the UK a "Drinkers Pint", so just me, a beer and Twitter/WRX - in fact I'm away with work at the moment and am sitting here in the hotel bar on my own with a pint. If I'm playing I'll usually get down to the club 20 mins early and have a beer.

I do suffer really badly with anxiety however, and find a beer will calm me down, but if pot was legal in the UK I could quit beer tomorrow - sadly the typical UK Club isn't somewhere you can readily spark a j and get toking.

Such an easy trap to fall into however, especially if like me you have an addictive personality and a mental illness that makes it difficult to relax.

I've dealt with anxiety to some degree in sobriety, but lately it's mutated into debilitating panic attacks. Just started a common medication, so fingers crossed, I hope it works. I cannot imagine dying feeling any worse than these episodes have felt the past 3 weeks.

Edel Brick

There's always a little of a disconnect on this forum when a guy answers interview questions with something like "my only withdrawal was a 4 hour headache" - I'm guessing that is not the whole story. I appreciate that he opened up as much as he did.

If you want some gory details, PM me. I've gone through alcohol withdrawals and it's no picnic.

I've dealt with anxiety to some degree in sobriety, but lately it's mutated into debilitating panic attacks. Just started a common medication, so fingers crossed, I hope it works. I cannot imagine dying feeling any worse than these episodes have felt the past 3 weeks.

Thoughts and Prayers Brother

My Best,

Richard

My uncle would stop drinking at times, and he would have the dt's. Saw tiny little men around everywhere, nice little guys, judging from the conversations he had with them. I was young, but that sticks with you.

I don't want to be that guy. Have you tried beta blockers? They helped me awhile back with panic. Disclaimer. Mine were not debilitating.

Good luck......

No, not at the moment. My family history is littered with anxiety and depression, on both sides. I'm trying a low dose SSRI that my father and brother have taken with good results. Their issues are somewhat different from mine, but the low dose is hopefully going to curb the initial flighty feeling I randomly get. It snowballs from there into a totally disconnected feeling where my hands go cold, lips & nose go numb, and swallowing and breathing get weird. I seriously don't wish that on my worst enemy. Thankfully, it hasn't critically affected my way of life yet beyond leaving work early a few times, but it's worrisome nonetheless. And of course, fear of the next episode only feeds the cycle at times. It was something that would occur once or twice every 6 months or so, but now has happened about 10x in the past 3 weeks. I sometimes wonder if lack of sunlight and Vit D play a role, as I've likely not seen sun since mid October. Tanning some might be the next option to keep winter levels at a norm.

Edel Brick

On a happier note, I get to do a belated Christmas with the inlaws today, yay!!! No golf related gifts will be exchanged or received, and the awkwardness will be palpable.

Edel Brick

To those of you who shared the longevity of your sobriety here: Thank you. I hope I can follow your leads (my six-month "birthday" is tomorrow).

I wish I could say sobriety has made me a better person. While it's made me physically healthier, it's heightened my awareness and sensitivity, to the point of paranoia and distrust. I need to constantly keep my mind and mouth in check, at work and at home. When I drank, I was less sensitive and I let things slide. I don't feel I can do that now, and it is draining...

I appreciate the hard line some here have taken on alcohol. I don't think it's ignorance. In fact, I agree with Ferguson: Nobody forced me to drink. For me, the first drink triggered some brain chemical / pleasure center that made me want to drink a lot. Every session I ever had started with one drink, and no one was holding a gun to my head or pouring it down my throat. I truly believe addiction is not a stand-alone disease and that it is always accompanied by other issues or defects.

Finally, good luck to Rocco. I hope he continues on his path. Sounds like he caught himself before going off the rails.