Obee

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > > > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > > > > > > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > > > > > > To me multiple factors

> > > > > > > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

> > > > >

> > > > > per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

> > > >

> > > > You shoot in the mid 80s IIRC. And you're fairly young ?

> > > >

> > > > And you've holed out "too many times to remember" ? Please excuse me but that sounds a bit unusual.

> > >

> > > Sorry the sentence was incomplete. my apologies. "To many times to remember a specific count" With that I know I have had more than 10 holes outs over the 7 years I have played solid golf and again dont remember but surely had a few more during my random total career. To me that is a lot? Pure dumb luck. NO skill invovled Whats your point?

> > > Yes I am fairly young but I am in an industry that allows me a great deal of golf and flexibility. Up to this year (2019) I had the ability to log an average of about 75 rounds per year the last 7 years so per my Tax records prior to 2018's inability to write off green fees I have about 525 rounds of golf, in the last 7 years? So lots of holes and chance to get lucky?

> > >

> > > What does my average score of 80's have anything to do with it as well as my age? Sorry if my post was misleading as 10+ but less then 20 to me is a lot? Sorry dont have a tally as I dont take much thought of a hole out from 100+ as anything more than dumb luck?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Seems like I ruffled your feathers. Sorry. That wasn't my intent.

> >

> > My point is simply that more than 10 hole outs over 7 years sounds like a lot. But now it sounds like a "best guess".

> >

> > It sounds like a lot to me because I've been between a 2 and a 4 for over 20 years at my home course and can only remember 4 hole outs on full shots. 3 of them were lob wedges on the same short par 4 and the other one a full SW on another short par 4.

> >

> > The only 3 other hole outs I can remember are those I never saw go in the hole; 2 double eagles and 1 hole in one. The only other 2 hole outs, on "away" courses, were both 8 irons from about 140 that went in for eagles. Other than those I can't remember any others.

> >

> > To ME, hole outs are very memorable given their rarity (although I do confess I don't have the greatness memory but,,,,)

>

> Thanks for the clarification and sorry for being so sensitive my apologies. I took a hiatus from GolfWRX (got heavy on a political forum and decided to quit that madness, so Im still being a little sensitive LOL!) please excuse my bruised feelings especially when It seems my integrity is being called out.

> 10+ hole outs ARE a lot that was my point. With that again it is a "best" guess as you stated as well has I have not kept an honest tally.

>

> Actually now that we got my hurt feelings out of the way LOL! We can discuss the FULL portion of my post that I typed in relation to why I felt hole outs 100+ yards out are more than Hole in ones.

>

> 1) I think I posted in another thread my common course yardages were I play is about 6200 , I hit the ball fairly long about 240-250 carry on average drives and whatever god willing total yardage, it can be 241 yards or 300 yards... This for a 6200 yardage course puts MOST par 4 with a 8 or 9 iron at longest and many more with a PW & GW. MY 8iron is about 155, 9iron is 145, PW is 135 and AW is about 120. I do play short course.

>

> 2) I have ZERO double eagles but I have "a lot of" Eagles on par 5 as with these short courses ( par 5 are 480-550) leaving very reachable in 2 for Par 5s. again edifying that all my hole outs are in scoring iron range, no 4,5,6 irons and no woods. just 8-GW.

>

> 3) With the decent long golf I have and short courses. it gives me a pretty decent advantage to get a lucky hole out from 150 and in, I will say if my memory serves me right MOST hole outs were between 150-100 that 50 yard span.

>

> 4) Next is the hole lay outs , MOST approaching Par 4s that I do remember my hole outs? wide front green middle pin huge bail out to the back and maybe a trap on one side or another. I can get luck close my eyes and skull a ball up to the green and pray for a hole out..... funny part is.... I remember 2 of my hole outs were dumb skulls..... kinda missed the ball but the ball rolled , green was cut with "bowl" ball rolled towards center of the green and what do you know

> 4a) Par 3 are No where NEAR as inviting, cut to benefit a roll and most are either well guarded or tucked/sucker pins.

>

> 5) Finally is PURE luck...... Honestly and again why I dont hold hole outs too much over the only Hole in one where I have my ball in a case with the newspaper clipping with my name on it..... Some people are just lucky some people are not, MY golfing group is so odd.. 1 partner's father has 14 hole in ones. he was a single digit easy....same playing partner has 4 HIOs, my other playing partner that likely has 5,000+ rounds of golf (he is older 58 plays 2-3 times a week) Has ZERO Hole in ones...I probably have at best 1000 rounds total yet, he has not a singe hole in one? he is a high single or very low double digit. This partner though has a LOT more hole outs than me in the same span of playing 7 years together on a consistent basis due to his ability and style of play.

>

> in closing..... Trying to hit a swish with a basketball 5 ft away, and trying to swish a golf ball 100 yards away is pure dumb luck... rolling the ball up is the higher probability and 100-150 yards the ball is "usually" in the air unless its a dead skull or miss..... so for me....yups its all luck.

LOL

No worries my young friend - politics !!! Now THAT explains a lot. Welcome back to planet Earth. LOL

FWIW, unless I'm sure I'm being "attacked" I try to default to a "No" and err on the side of caution as words are not always "read" the way they're "written".

There is a certain element of luck to most hole outs, even from chip ins out of the deep rough or bunker shots, at least for us amateurs. But yeah, 10+ hole outs on FULL shots is pretty good - guess I'm jealous.

My guess is you don't play much basketball though. LOL Or did you mean to type 50 feet ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > > > > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > > > > > > > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > > > > > > > To me multiple factors

> > > > > > > > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

> > > > >

> > > > > You shoot in the mid 80s IIRC. And you're fairly young ?

> > > > >

> > > > > And you've holed out "too many times to remember" ? Please excuse me but that sounds a bit unusual.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry the sentence was incomplete. my apologies. "To many times to remember a specific count" With that I know I have had more than 10 holes outs over the 7 years I have played solid golf and again dont remember but surely had a few more during my random total career. To me that is a lot? Pure dumb luck. NO skill invovled Whats your point?

> > > > Yes I am fairly young but I am in an industry that allows me a great deal of golf and flexibility. Up to this year (2019) I had the ability to log an average of about 75 rounds per year the last 7 years so per my Tax records prior to 2018's inability to write off green fees I have about 525 rounds of golf, in the last 7 years? So lots of holes and chance to get lucky?

> > > >

> > > > What does my average score of 80's have anything to do with it as well as my age? Sorry if my post was misleading as 10+ but less then 20 to me is a lot? Sorry dont have a tally as I dont take much thought of a hole out from 100+ as anything more than dumb luck?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Seems like I ruffled your feathers. Sorry. That wasn't my intent.

> > >

> > > My point is simply that more than 10 hole outs over 7 years sounds like a lot. But now it sounds like a "best guess".

> > >

> > > It sounds like a lot to me because I've been between a 2 and a 4 for over 20 years at my home course and can only remember 4 hole outs on full shots. 3 of them were lob wedges on the same short par 4 and the other one a full SW on another short par 4.

> > >

> > > The only 3 other hole outs I can remember are those I never saw go in the hole; 2 double eagles and 1 hole in one. The only other 2 hole outs, on "away" courses, were both 8 irons from about 140 that went in for eagles. Other than those I can't remember any others.

> > >

> > > To ME, hole outs are very memorable given their rarity (although I do confess I don't have the greatness memory but,,,,)

> >

> > Thanks for the clarification and sorry for being so sensitive my apologies. I took a hiatus from GolfWRX (got heavy on a political forum and decided to quit that madness, so Im still being a little sensitive LOL!) please excuse my bruised feelings especially when It seems my integrity is being called out.

> > 10+ hole outs ARE a lot that was my point. With that again it is a "best" guess as you stated as well has I have not kept an honest tally.

> >

> > Actually now that we got my hurt feelings out of the way LOL! We can discuss the FULL portion of my post that I typed in relation to why I felt hole outs 100+ yards out are more than Hole in ones.

> >

> > 1) I think I posted in another thread my common course yardages were I play is about 6200 , I hit the ball fairly long about 240-250 carry on average drives and whatever god willing total yardage, it can be 241 yards or 300 yards... This for a 6200 yardage course puts MOST par 4 with a 8 or 9 iron at longest and many more with a PW & GW. MY 8iron is about 155, 9iron is 145, PW is 135 and AW is about 120. I do play short course.

> >

> > 2) I have ZERO double eagles but I have "a lot of" Eagles on par 5 as with these short courses ( par 5 are 480-550) leaving very reachable in 2 for Par 5s. again edifying that all my hole outs are in scoring iron range, no 4,5,6 irons and no woods. just 8-GW.

> >

> > 3) With the decent long golf I have and short courses. it gives me a pretty decent advantage to get a lucky hole out from 150 and in, I will say if my memory serves me right MOST hole outs were between 150-100 that 50 yard span.

> >

> > 4) Next is the hole lay outs , MOST approaching Par 4s that I do remember my hole outs? wide front green middle pin huge bail out to the back and maybe a trap on one side or another. I can get luck close my eyes and skull a ball up to the green and pray for a hole out..... funny part is.... I remember 2 of my hole outs were dumb skulls..... kinda missed the ball but the ball rolled , green was cut with "bowl" ball rolled towards center of the green and what do you know

> > 4a) Par 3 are No where NEAR as inviting, cut to benefit a roll and most are either well guarded or tucked/sucker pins.

> >

> > 5) Finally is PURE luck...... Honestly and again why I dont hold hole outs too much over the only Hole in one where I have my ball in a case with the newspaper clipping with my name on it..... Some people are just lucky some people are not, MY golfing group is so odd.. 1 partner's father has 14 hole in ones. he was a single digit easy....same playing partner has 4 HIOs, my other playing partner that likely has 5,000+ rounds of golf (he is older 58 plays 2-3 times a week) Has ZERO Hole in ones...I probably have at best 1000 rounds total yet, he has not a singe hole in one? he is a high single or very low double digit. This partner though has a LOT more hole outs than me in the same span of playing 7 years together on a consistent basis due to his ability and style of play.

> >

> > in closing..... Trying to hit a swish with a basketball 5 ft away, and trying to swish a golf ball 100 yards away is pure dumb luck... rolling the ball up is the higher probability and 100-150 yards the ball is "usually" in the air unless its a dead skull or miss..... so for me....yups its all luck.

>

> LOL

>

> No worries my young friend - politics !!! Now THAT explains a lot. Welcome back to planet Earth. LOL

>

> FWIW, unless I'm sure I'm being "attacked" I try to default to a "No" and err on the side of caution as words are not always "read" the way they're "written".

>

> There is a certain element of luck to most hole outs, even from chip ins out of the deep rough or bunker shots, at least for us amateurs. But yeah, 10+ hole outs on FULL shots is pretty good - guess I'm jealous.

>

> My guess is you don't play much basketball though. LOL Or did you mean to type 50 feet ?

YEAH I absolutely loved GolfWRX, per my post count, but gut suckered into the political Forum...bad move....that place was a sewer, so unfortunately I got way to sensitive and back to my Loving GolfWRX LOL!

I agree surely that luck plays a whole deal in hole outs in general. I look at my Hole in one..... 108 yards Par 3 into the sun went and disappeared no one knew where it went. most of us were looking in the bunkers and then the water as we thought it was short.... low and behold a large pitch mark about 3 inches behind the hole.... my friend says check the hole... mind you this is after a couple of minutes searching...

As for jealous... let me ask a simple realistic question? Have you had 525 rounds in 7 years, or an average of about 75 rounds per year? To quantify the amount of "luck" I have. the simple math is that I play more than once a week of golf. THAT compared to any normal amateur is a lot of golf I presume? I would hope the real jealousy stems from at my age 37 being able to play 1.4 rounds per week.... being able to get away from work as well as afford it...is a treat.

As for Basketball....NOPE dont play, suck and 50feet? Jeebus I cant even make a swish at 5ft under the basket at the bottom of the key..... (I just googled basketball court dimensions LOL) Wow learned something new the with of a court is 50ft. top of the key is about 23'9" and free throw is 15'. So lets go with 15' swish cant even do that.... how lucky have I been to hit a 120 yard shot to hit a ball 1.6" in diameter into a 4-1/4" cup.

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

No "1", lot's of close and quite a few hole outs from 150 in.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @Obee said:

> I am one of those guys with only 1 ace. My mother (a 36 index) had a hole-in-one before I did! But I have at least 40 to 50 hole-outs from 100 to 210. Anybody else out there have tons of hole-outs and very few (or no) aces?

>

> How about players with quite a few holes-in-one, but very few hole-outs otherwise?

i only have 1 ace, and 1 albatross. tons of hole outs from all kinds of yardages.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

2 x HIO, both at the 11th, 165 yard Par 3. Hole outs? 7 iron at the 1st for an eagle, 3 wood at the 2nd for an albatross (followed 2 weeks later with another 3 wood hole out for an eagle at another course!), 8 iron at the 10th for an eagle, 6 iron at the 13th for an eagle. Other hole outs at the 4th, 7th and 14th using wedges.

I rate the albatross much higher than the 2 aces.

Mizuno ST190 TS Driver Fujikura Atmos 6R

Cobra Radspeed 5W Fujikura Motore X F3 R

Taylormade 3,5 Hybrid (2010)
5 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g R 
7 -W Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g R
52.08 Vokey SM5
56.08 Vokey SM5
Any of 5 Pings and 1 Seemore FPG

Guess I am the other way. 5 aces and maybe maybe as many hole outs. But I don't keep track of those.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @davep043 said:

> Remember, you have typically 4 chances for an ace every round, and 14 chances to hole out. We should expect to have 3 or 4 times as many hole-outs. I know I have 3 aces, but I have no idea how many hole-outs, I know its a bunch more than 3.

Exactly! The law of probability is on your side for much more hole outs than hole in ones, we simply have a lot more chances to hole out per round! And if you suck at hitting greens on par 3s, you have even more!! While on the topic, a hole out, or even a hole in one is a conditional probability. Event A (ball in the hole) is dependent on event B (the shot). The probability of getting the ball in the hole on any given shot at the green is low, but if you hit a perfect shot (the condition) the probability goes up!

I have 1 ace, a few hole outs from around 100 yds. And for the 1st time the other day I holed out at the practice area I use. Small (15 x 15 yds) elevated green. Was practicing PW from 135. Hit about 100 balls, holed 2. I have been using this area a couple of times a week for 5 seasons, no hole outs, then 2 in one session. I know, didn't happen on the course, but still pretty cool.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

Reading through this thread I wonder what’s going on with my game. I have 0 hole in ones and 0 hole outs over 75 yards but still maintain a 6 handicap. It seems like I should have far more.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

• 2 weeks later...

Never had an ace but have plenty of hole outs!

My favorite hole out was both an eagle and a birdie in one hole... let me explain. I was about 230 out and hitting hybrid into the green for my 2nd shot on a par 5. Well I hit a terribly skulled shot and it was heading right for the water, I was so bummed but then a miracle happened... I nailed a goose. Probably broke it’s wing, at least sprained it, but the ball didn’t go in the water and was a perfect lie. Then from about 110 out I hit a perfect approach shot that disappeared right by the hole. I was hopeful but not putting too much into the thought that I just holed that. When I got to the green, low and behold the ball was in the hole. So I made an eagle while nailing a birdie!

• Like 1

No aces. The closest that I ever came was playing by myself in the morning dew. I ended up inches away on a 200 yard hole and I could see from the dew how the ball broke away from the center of the hole at the last moment.

I have one hole out over 100 yards. I hit a baby 8 iron in from 128 yards, has to be 35 years ago.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

• 4 weeks later...

1 HIO on an executive course, hole was like 65 yards. 2 hole outs over 100y. 105y in a scramble for a $200 skin and 155y in a work scramble. The HIO and the 155y were up hill so I could not see it go in. The 105y was probably my best shot I could see it, we won a skin and the tourney by 1 shot. My team went nuts. It was cool.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

My memory is a bit vague on the hole-outs. I know I have one ace. And if we're talking hole-out eagles I have one on a Par 5 and three on Par 4's. I've only ever made one "conventional" (for most people) eagle by making a putt on a Par 5 green after reaching in two. So I think that that total of six eagles, lifetime, including the one ace is correct. I think the four non-ace holeouts have been 9-iron, sand wedge, sand wedge, pitching wedge (so all on holes pretty short for their par).

I have also holed out a handful of times from somewhere in the 100-130 yard range for something other than eagle. Three or four birdies, a couple of pars. I think I holed out an 8-iron for bogey once.

I once played a 410-yard Par 4 with a cold-topped tee shot, a 180-yard 3-wood shot then holed out with an 8-iron from 120 yards for birdie. That one was hard to take for an opponent who hit driver/mid-iron to eight feet and missed the birdie putt.

Still waiting on that second ace though. It's been about 12-13 years since the first and only one so far. Haven't really ended up within even a foot of the hole again since, although I did have one that caught a little lip but was moving far too fast to drop even if it had hit the flag.

I'm assuming by "hole out" we mean with some sort of full swing. I couldn't realistically guess how many times I've chipped in from 10, 20, 30 yards off the green. That happens at least once a year or so.

I'm 26, a 4-cap, with no aces. I've had a few close calls. Although I'd imagine it would be pretty surreal to finally get one, nothing pumps me up more than making a clutch hole-out, whether it be from 2ft off the green or 210 yards out, like on #18 yesterday for birdie to square up the match.

I've holed out quite a few times from 25-50 yards, and have one from ~130 during a match in high school. My best one was probably last year when I holed out for birdie from a deep green side bunker onto a downhill sloping green. I never actually saw the ball go in the hole, but I knew as soon as I "hit" it that it was going in.

Taylormade M1 9.5°  |  Speeder 661

Ping G 14.5°  |  Aldila NV 75

Titleist T-MB 21°  |  S400

PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW  |  Elevate Tour X100

Callaway MD Forged  |  Recoil 125

Taylormade  |  Spider Tour Black

So a bit of background on my totals. I'm 51 years old and have been playing scratch/below golf for 25 of those years. I used to play on a course of 6500 yards with soft greens where I would regularly have wedge into 6 or 7 of the 10 par 4's and when I'm playing wellI hit a LOT of wedges close. I also played 180 to 200 rounds a year for a good 20 of those years, so that's a LOT of wedges to attempt to hole out. I probably averaged AT LEAST two per year (and three or four in some years). And that's JUST counting the wedges. If you count all shots inside 150 yards, > @diablocrusher said:

> Reading through this thread I wonder what’s going on with my game. I have 0 hole in ones and 0 hole outs over 75 yards but still maintain a 6 handicap. It seems like I should have far more.

That's interesting. How long have you played at that level?

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

A buddy who has been playing scratch/below golf since he was 15 (he's 62 now) just had his 26th(!!!!) ace on Friday.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

> @Obee said:

> A buddy who has been playing scratch/below golf since he was 15 (he's 62 now) just had his 26th(!!!!) ace on Friday.

That's ridiculous. A friend of mine who has been playing off the better side of scratch since he was in his teens (now 47) has never had one. He's the most ridiculously consistent player I've ever seen. He basically shoots between 68 and 73 every time. Lower end on easier courses, higher end on harder ones. So good. He's had an albatross (he and three friends played a par five in a combined 12 shots - a 2, 2 3s and a 4), but no aces.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @Obee said:

> A buddy who has been playing scratch/below golf since he was 15 (he's 62 now) just had his 26th(!!!!) ace on Friday.

Obee,

I'd asked this earlier but didn't see any answers. Since you started the thread perhaps you should describe what a "hole out" is ?

Personally I think it's a FULL swing with any club. Anything less is simply a short game touch/feel type thing. I certainly wouldn't consider a chip from 10 feet off the green a "hole out".

TIA

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I more hole outs then I can remember, and 3 HOI. You do statistically get many more chances to Hole Out.

One hole-out I do remember we in match okay, down one on 18 and my opponent hit his approach shot first and put it to about 2 feet. I said "Well I guess I need to make this now!"

I proceeded to hit a 100 yard wedge about 4 feet past the hole, it had enough spin to stop and roll a bit back, then gravity took over and it rolled into the hole.

I went on to win in a 3 hole playoff.

2 aces and a bunch of holeouts; it became a goal (not achieved yet) of eagling every hole at the club I grew up playing (about 1/2 way there).

Best was back to back hole outs on the 14th and 15th holes of a final tournament round of a club event and won I the tournament by 1 stroke!

I have had two shots “land in the cup” - one was a pitch in for birdie when short sided and the other was a tee shot on a par 3 that damaged the cup but didn’t stay in (would have been another ace).

• 1 month later...

No aces here yet, but more hole outs than I can even remember.

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9* Ventus TR Red 6X BRNR Mini 13.5* Diamana ZF 70X

Paradym 💎💎💎T 18* Ventus Red 8X

ZX Utility 4 iron Steelfiber 110X

P7TW 5-PW DG Tour Issue X100

SM10 Jet Black 52F, 56S, 60M DG Tour Issue S400

Odyssey Versa #7

Pro V1X

> @Popeye64 said:

> I have been playing for 30 years at a fairly high level. No hole in ones and very few hole outs outside of 50 yards, maybe only 5.. but a crap load inside of 50. Not sure how you guys have so many hole outs.

Because this is golfwrx.......when someone says "countless hole outs" or "too many to remember" from 100+ yards, that probably translates to 2.