Can WRX start a new section for "Better Players" PLEEEEEASE (changed from Scratch)

> @Barfolomew said:

> You guys are lookin at it too riged.... There are no rules who can use it. Doesnt matter if you used to be a baller 20 years ago you still understand it and can give good advice or a single cap or whatever. Jack can contribute I think lol. Its just a sub forum where most of the sticks can talk stuff out and hacks can check in too no biggie like any forum on WRX.

>

> Doesnt have to be called scratch cause obviously some of you got stuck on that... call it the **Stick forum** for sticks lol...

>

> There is a huge difference what a really good player is doing on a course and a guy trying to keep it under 100. Bogey+ golfers are not even daring to play shots scratch golfers are. Like a back dangerous pin.....a good player has many options controlling spin, height, low draw or club up for wind etc... where others just happy to finally hit a green..... So Different and so are the topics!!

>

> b.helts gets it talkin crap out the gate and he cant even flight a driver haha.... the banter is even way different when its a 4 some of scratch goflers vs when chops are playin. That could be a topic in the new Stick forum lol!

We'll call it the "JonesScott Memorial Forum" ... You can personally vet every member to make sure they're not a chop and have enough stick qualities. And can flight a driver to an elevated fairway, of course.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @Barfolomew said:

> There are many questions and discussions myself and other scratch golfers would like to get into without the myriad of responses from players that shoot bogey+ golf..... If your a scratch then you know that opinions of bogey golfers dont hold much water and muddy up the conversation on the course or on WRX lol.... its strange but true how little 90+ scoring golfers opinions are not even listened to by better players.... its very rare they can tell you something you dont already know about

>

> example: I started a thread bout whether its advantageous to hit higher/lower to up/down sloping fairways and I realized the guys got stuck on the idea of hitting a flighted shot with driver lol and best to just hit stock shot.... haha its easy to flight a drive down and realized the audience wasnt good enough to discuss the idea... but if it was in a scratch section the right guys would of responded with insight..... I asked a similar question about playing from uneven lies about going with the slope or forcing your will on it for the flight you want and the discussion was useless cause of the ability of the players. Plus it would be a place where bogey+ golfers could ask a good player a question.

>

> I know Obee started that good thread for scratch golfers tourney results and thats great but can we get one section PLEASE..... or at least try it before you say no lol.... Thanks!!!!

lol - i thought this was a troll thread at first

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

> @tatertot said:

> > @Barfolomew said:

> > You guys are lookin at it too riged.... There are no rules who can use it. Doesnt matter if you used to be a baller 20 years ago you still understand it and can give good advice or a single cap or whatever. Jack can contribute I think lol. Its just a sub forum where most of the sticks can talk stuff out and hacks can check in too no biggie like any forum on WRX.

> >

> > Doesnt have to be called scratch cause obviously some of you got stuck on that... call it the **Stick forum** for sticks lol...

> >

> > There is a huge difference what a really good player is doing on a course and a guy trying to keep it under 100. Bogey+ golfers are not even daring to play shots scratch golfers are. Like a back dangerous pin.....a good player has many options controlling spin, height, low draw or club up for wind etc... where others just happy to finally hit a green..... So Different and so are the topics!!

> >

> > b.helts gets it talkin crap out the gate and he cant even flight a driver haha.... the banter is even way different when its a 4 some of scratch goflers vs when chops are playin. That could be a topic in the new Stick forum lol!

>

> We'll call it the "JonesScott Memorial Forum" ... You can personally vet every member to make sure they're not a chop and have enough stick qualities. **And can flight a driver to an elevated fairway**, of course.

Call the sub forum JonesScottyBeamMeUp who cares.......but obviously you aint read JonesSquat cause you're still stuck (like your swing) on who's allowed to converse..... this aint 1973 east Berlin all may contribute and speak their mind.......there's no vetting, there's no guard at the gate like Augusta, everyone is welcome pull up a chair and get comfy but its where better players can post ideas knowing other good players are gonna be checking in but chops can too and ask better players questions too.

I bet you a set of those crazy new Epic Forged irons that the better players forum would be one of first spots a good player would go as soon as they jumped on WRX... you know its true! When I jump in General or other forums I'm starving for an interesting thread that is more advanced in nature and thats got some meat on the bone for good discussion and a forum specialized in that would spawn other great threads that were actually interesting and not another thread on what's the longest driver, or which clubs should fit me yada yada yada.... all drivers are limited by the COR .83 dummies and no manu is giving up yards to the next manu so its just which one fits you OMG!

WRX needs improvements here and there no biggie but here's a good idea. I've got lots of experience in other forums like my old slow pitch softball forum..... it was very interesting and members were tight nit meeting outside of the forum forming teams and making lots of friends.... I have many "real" friends from there and one of my best friends and scratch playing partner is from there.... WRX can be a little flat sometimes guys it need more threads that are interesting for better players cause that would be the first stop I'd make upon entering the site.... and it's imperative to keep WRX interesting to retain better players and keep them from getting bored and attracting new ones.

Flight a driver to an elevated fairway...... is that the smart play hmmm? .....stay tuned for the new sub forum when all secrets will be revealed

Can't figure how to like my own posts

> @Barfolomew said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > You guys are lookin at it too riged.... There are no rules who can use it. Doesnt matter if you used to be a baller 20 years ago you still understand it and can give good advice or a single cap or whatever. Jack can contribute I think lol. Its just a sub forum where most of the sticks can talk stuff out and hacks can check in too no biggie like any forum on WRX.

> > >

> > > Doesnt have to be called scratch cause obviously some of you got stuck on that... call it the **Stick forum** for sticks lol...

> > >

> > > There is a huge difference what a really good player is doing on a course and a guy trying to keep it under 100. Bogey+ golfers are not even daring to play shots scratch golfers are. Like a back dangerous pin.....a good player has many options controlling spin, height, low draw or club up for wind etc... where others just happy to finally hit a green..... So Different and so are the topics!!

> > >

> > > b.helts gets it talkin crap out the gate and he cant even flight a driver haha.... the banter is even way different when its a 4 some of scratch goflers vs when chops are playin. That could be a topic in the new Stick forum lol!

> >

> > We'll call it the "JonesScott Memorial Forum" ... You can personally vet every member to make sure they're not a chop and have enough stick qualities. **And can flight a driver to an elevated fairway**, of course.

>

> Call the sub forum JonesScottyBeamMeUp who cares.......but obviously you aint read JonesSquat cause you're still stuck (like your swing) on who's allowed to converse..... this aint 1973 east Berlin all may contribute and speak their mind.......there's no vetting, there's no guard at the gate like Augusta, everyone is welcome pull up a chair and get comfy but its where better players can post ideas knowing other good players are gonna be checking in but chops can too and ask better players questions too.

>

> I bet you a set of those crazy new Epic Forged irons that the better players forum would be one of first spots a good player would go as soon as they jumped on WRX... you know its true! When I jump in General or other forums I'm starving for an interesting thread that is more advanced in nature and thats got some meat on the bone for good discussion and a forum specialized in that would spawn other great threads that were actually interesting and not another thread on what's the longest driver, or which clubs should fit me yada yada yada.... all drivers are limited by the COR .83 dummies and no manu is giving up yards to the next manu so its just which one fits you OMG!

>

> WRX needs improvements here and there no biggie but here's a good idea. I've got lots of experience in other forums like my old slow pitch softball forum..... it was very interesting and members were tight nit meeting outside of the forum forming teams and making lots of friends.... I have many "real" friends from there and one of my best friends and scratch playing partner is from there.... WRX can be a little flat sometimes guys it need more threads that are interesting for better players cause that would be the first stop I'd make upon entering the site.... and it's imperative to keep WRX interesting to retain better players and keep them from getting bored and attracting new ones.

>

> Flight a driver to an elevated fairway...... is that the smart play hmmm? .....stay tuned for the new sub forum when all secrets will be revealed

# HOLY STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS, BATMAN!!!

qpzi3lieulqz.jpeg

Wow. A lot of angst over a simple request. From what I can get from the request, it is a forum for better players. Better players would go there for discussions, non-scratch golfers could also go into the forum with the understanding that the topics are probably above the skill set they have, but all can learn from the answers. I'm a 3 handicap. I would definitely lurk there, as there are obviously better players at GOLFWRX that I could learn from. Would I post? Maybe a question about clarification of an issue or answer, but probably not to offer advice. I see no need to police against GHIN or anything. I'm sure that peer pressure and self policing will occur. :)

With that, I will put on my flame retardant suit.

> @Barfolomew said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > You guys are lookin at it too riged.... There are no rules who can use it. Doesnt matter if you used to be a baller 20 years ago you still understand it and can give good advice or a single cap or whatever. Jack can contribute I think lol. Its just a sub forum where most of the sticks can talk stuff out and hacks can check in too no biggie like any forum on WRX.

> > >

> > > Doesnt have to be called scratch cause obviously some of you got stuck on that... call it the **Stick forum** for sticks lol...

> > >

> > > There is a huge difference what a really good player is doing on a course and a guy trying to keep it under 100. Bogey+ golfers are not even daring to play shots scratch golfers are. Like a back dangerous pin.....a good player has many options controlling spin, height, low draw or club up for wind etc... where others just happy to finally hit a green..... So Different and so are the topics!!

> > >

> > > b.helts gets it talkin crap out the gate and he cant even flight a driver haha.... the banter is even way different when its a 4 some of scratch goflers vs when chops are playin. That could be a topic in the new Stick forum lol!

> >

> > We'll call it the "JonesScott Memorial Forum" ... You can personally vet every member to make sure they're not a chop and have enough stick qualities. **And can flight a driver to an elevated fairway**, of course.

>

> Call the sub forum JonesScottyBeamMeUp who cares.......but obviously you aint read JonesSquat cause you're still stuck (like your swing) on who's allowed to converse..... this aint 1973 east Berlin all may contribute and speak their mind.......there's no vetting, there's no guard at the gate like Augusta, everyone is welcome pull up a chair and get comfy but its where better players can post ideas knowing other good players are gonna be checking in but chops can too and ask better players questions too.

>

> I bet you a set of those crazy new Epic Forged irons that the better players forum would be one of first spots a good player would go as soon as they jumped on WRX... you know its true! When I jump in General or other forums I'm starving for an interesting thread that is more advanced in nature and thats got some meat on the bone for good discussion and a forum specialized in that would spawn other great threads that were actually interesting and not another thread on what's the longest driver, or which clubs should fit me yada yada yada.... all drivers are limited by the COR .83 dummies and no manu is giving up yards to the next manu so its just which one fits you OMG!

>

> WRX needs improvements here and there no biggie but here's a good idea. I've got lots of experience in other forums like my old slow pitch softball forum..... it was very interesting and members were tight nit meeting outside of the forum forming teams and making lots of friends.... I have many "real" friends from there and one of my best friends and scratch playing partner is from there.... WRX can be a little flat sometimes guys it need more threads that are interesting for better players cause that would be the first stop I'd make upon entering the site.... and it's imperative to keep WRX interesting to retain better players and keep them from getting bored and attracting new ones.

>

> Flight a driver to an elevated fairway...... is that the smart play hmmm? .....stay tuned for the new sub forum when all secrets will be revealed

Now that you've explained your idea a little more I will admit it's not a bad idea. At first it sounded very arrogant which kind of surprised me coming from you Barf.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I love the assumption that scratch golfers know more than anyone who isn't scratch.... With this logic, all PGA Tour coaches are better than the actual player they coach. Any truth to that?!

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Sounds like a great idea. The participants can talk about the merits of X7 shafts and "tour issue" shafts/clubs! And Titleist balls!

In all honesty now, I'm in favor. It's true that a + capper is playing a different game than a guy that shoots 90. You guys may as well have your own sub forum.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

> @lawsonman said:

> > @LUMA said:

> > It’s pretty easy to tell a better player answering a question with experiences.

>

>

> Or a mid handicapper with 35 years of experience playing the game.

>

>

Kinda my question about the whole “GHIN references”

I have recently met an AMAZING guy at the local course. Hard to guess his age but id say mid 70s might even be in his 80s i really dont know or even care to bc either way he is an awesome guy and im very fortunate to have met him. He is hands down the best putter ive ever seen (and ive seen a “few” over the last 30 years in this game). Im talking he makes a good 60% of his putts from 20’, of the remaining 40%, 20% actually hit the hole but just dont drop and his “bad” putts usually miss by about an inch. I could watch this guy putt all day bc i still cannot wrap my head around how good he is. And im pretty sure everyone here on WRX might do the same. One of these days i might ask him if he will let me take a quick video just to put it up though i dont want to be too intrusive since ive only talked w/him a couple times.

Its obvious he got some serious game though due to his age he probably cant score nearly as low any more. So would his knowledge hold no weight since his GHIN prob isnt scratch?

I think the best solution is just like everything else on the internet. Take everything here with a grain if salt.

If you really really need an answer to a “complex” golf question id suggest get out of the house and make some new friends that are scratch or better to ask. Or ask your local pros. Most of those guys have some knowledge of the game.

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> How would WRX determine who is a scratch golfer and thus allowed to post in this proposed section? I hear you asking that only scratch or better would have the ability to post.

>

> Nice idea but sounds like an administrative headache at best. Let alone a lot of work with low rewards for the WRX administrators.

All they'd have to do is make the "Handicap" field in the profile mandatory and display it under one's avatar (as on the old board).

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > How would WRX determine who is a scratch golfer and thus allowed to post in this proposed section? I hear you asking that only scratch or better would have the ability to post.

> >

> > Nice idea but sounds like an administrative headache at best. Let alone a lot of work with low rewards for the WRX administrators.

>

> All they'd have to do is make the "Handicap" field in the profile mandatory and display it under one's avatar (as on the old board).

Ah, I didn’t realize the old board verified handicap via GHIN. When was that instituted?

> @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > How would WRX determine who is a scratch golfer and thus allowed to post in this proposed section? I hear you asking that only scratch or better would have the ability to post.

> > >

> > > Nice idea but sounds like an administrative headache at best. Let alone a lot of work with low rewards for the WRX administrators.

> >

> > All they'd have to do is make the "Handicap" field in the profile mandatory and display it under one's avatar (as on the old board).

>

>

>

> Ah, I didn’t realize the old board verified handicap via GHIN. When was that instituted?

I don't recall saying they did. Now kindly go troll someone else.

TIA

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > How would WRX determine who is a scratch golfer and thus allowed to post in this proposed section? I hear you asking that only scratch or better would have the ability to post.

> >

> > Nice idea but sounds like an administrative headache at best. Let alone a lot of work with low rewards for the WRX administrators.

>

> All they'd have to do is make the "Handicap" field in the profile mandatory and display it under one's avatar (as on the old board).

> @nsxguy said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @JeffreySpicoli said:

> > > > How would WRX determine who is a scratch golfer and thus allowed to post in this proposed section? I hear you asking that only scratch or better would have the ability to post.

> > > >

> > > > Nice idea but sounds like an administrative headache at best. Let alone a lot of work with low rewards for the WRX administrators.

> > >

> > > All they'd have to do is make the "Handicap" field in the profile mandatory and display it under one's avatar (as on the old board).

> >

> >

> >

> > Ah, I didn’t realize the old board verified handicap via GHIN. When was that instituted?

>

> I don't recall saying they did. Now kindly go troll someone else.

>

> TIA

Not trolling.

My original point was that it would be an administrative headache to validate & police handicaps. I assumed that you quoting my post and then mentioning the old handicap field was meant to address what I'd said.

Obviously, I misunderstood. Apologies.

> @SUPERG said:

> I mean maybe yea a section for better players would be nice. I do get tired of looking for a good thread and all I see is “which regular flex shaft will be good for my aging father in law, ps he has a budget of 25 bucks”

There are many more threads that start " I average over 300 off the tee and my PW goes 155 but my short game sucks" threads than the one you mentioned.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I also feel strongly that we should have a "I'm a 16, but would be scratch if I could putt/chip/drive" etc. section. These guys would then not be allowed to comment in these sections on the specific problem that is preventing them from actually being scratch, as they obviously suck at in that one area of play. Mods would be expected to monitor the group and act swiftly if a member commented on part of the game that's holding him back. Scratch players would obviously be welcome.

Maybe with our great new forum software, we can create a badge for the guys in these exclusive new groups that they can show proudly in their profile.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @lawsonman said:

> > @SUPERG said:

> > I mean maybe yea a section for better players would be nice. I do get tired of looking for a good thread and all I see is “which regular flex shaft will be good for my aging father in law, ps he has a budget of 25 bucks”

>

> There are many more threads that start " I average over 300 off the tee and my PW goes 155 but my short game sucks" threads than the one you mentioned.

Those are bad too! Just feel a lot of threads are super redundant and have fairly obvious answers.

I don't understand why a scratch golfer wouldn't just use the present forum that is appropriate for their question, and then sift through the responses to see what is responseful and useful to them (kind of how every single other post goes). It's just like any other topic here - you throw your topic out into the ether, and then sit back and figure out what responses most address what you're hoping to have a conversation about, and which to just ignore. I'd guess a scratch golfer wouldn't have much trouble separating the wheat from the chaff when reading through the responses.

• Like 1

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @GoIrish17 said:

> I don't understand why a scratch golfer wouldn't just use the present forum that is appropriate for their question, and then sift through the responses to see what is responseful and useful to them (kind of how every single other post goes). It's just like any other topic here - you throw your topic out into the ether, and then sit back and figure out what responses most address what you're hoping to have a conversation about, and which to just ignore. I'd guess a scratch golfer wouldn't have much trouble separating the wheat from the chaff when reading through the responses.

That's a lot of chaff..... a lot

It's not like it's hard...... push button push button push button Boooom new sub forum! wow that was easy

Think it should be called "Better Players" instead of "Scratch" even though it is in air quotes cause so many stuck on that label lol... anal retentive golfers be anal retentive golfers haha

Can't figure how to like my own posts