PXG sues Taylor Made

mizuno player

This thread is a huge disappointment

Nothing but bitterness, envy and arrogance

Too bad

Interesting topic and implications

We must be reading two different threads. There are a handful of PXG loyalists/fanbois and then there is everyone else.

he must've been reading only birdiebob's comments.

i think it's been a pretty decent discussion honestly. i slept while reading parts between the lawyers but, overall it's not bad lol

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, but TM must have used PXG as inspiration for this new line. This happens a lot though. As soon as one manufacturer has a hot product others start scrambling to get their piece of the pie. PXG may have no chance with this suit, but I don't blame them for trying to protect what they have done.

Almost every design is regurgitated, there is only so much you can do.

"hot product"? I've seen ONE set. ONE. I'd be surprised if they've sold over 1,000 sets nationwide.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

At my club, I've seen one guy (young guy who plays with some of the better players) wearing a PXG cap. I ambled over and peeked on the back of his cart and did not spot a single PXG club in his bag. Wonder what was up with that?

Not sure, but I think that he might have bought it to match the PXG box that he got on fleabay

At my club, I've seen one guy (young guy who plays with some of the better players) wearing a PXG cap. I ambled over and peeked on the back of his cart and did not spot a single PXG club in his bag. Wonder what was up with that?

Not sure, but I think that he might have bought it to match the PXG box that he got on fleabay

Maybe he's saving up for clubs but so far only has enough for the ball cap. Heck, it might have cost $75 for all I know!

Probably just had an extra $500 laying around

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Too bad

What a completely wrong opinion of what is going on in this thread. Thanks for your knee jerk reaction though.

He did post his thoughts in the form of a Haiku though, so at least there is that

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Too bad

What a completely wrong opinion of what is going on in this thread. Thanks for your knee jerk reaction though.

He did post his thoughts in the form of a Haiku though, so at least there is that

There once was a poster named Morry

When it comes to PXG, quite whore-y

He says with such sass

"TaylorMade sucks a**"

This whole court case could be quite gory

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Too bad

There once was a poster named Morry

When it comes to PXG, quite whore-y

He says with such sass

"TaylorMade sucks a**"

This whole court case could be quite gory

A limerick! Well played. I'll be very impressed if somebody chimes in with a 14-line sonnet...birdiebob, where are you at?

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Birdiebob is probably enjoying a round of golf with his PXG's while we get the enjoyment of wishing we were playing and instead reading about what will amount to nothing.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Who knows, but TM must have used PXG as inspiration for this new line. This happens a lot though. As soon as one manufacturer has a hot product others start scrambling to get their piece of the pie. PXG may have no chance with this suit, but I don't blame them for trying to protect what they have done.

"hot product"? I've seen ONE set. ONE. I'd be surprised if they've sold over 1,000 sets nationwide.

I've seen 2 sets at one club alone. Besides they aren't really a set for the masses.. Too expensive to be on every corner.

Rest assured, TM did their homework before and they obviously believed there would be enough sales to warrant the design. Probably looking at those who won't spend PXG money. I would bet that at half the price, PXG would be selling like hotcakes. However, they don't stir my chili, neither do the TM's..

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I've seen 2 sets at one club alone. Besides they aren't really a set for the masses.. Too expensive to be on every corner.

Rest assured, TM did their homework before and they obviously believed there would be enough sales to warrant the design. Probably looking at those who won't spend PXG money. I would bet that at half the price, PXG would be selling like hotcakes. However, they don't stir my chili, neither do the TM's..

TM didn't do their homework when they stole the speed slot from Adams.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

TM didn't do their homework when they stole the speed slot from Adams.

You might be right,,, but it's likely calculated right down to the "we will just acquire them" decision.

Manufacturers have a team of number crunchers, designers, lawyers etc to determine and predict every move. PXG knew who designed the hollow pocket filled irons first and who has used it since. Predicted the positives and negatives of appropriating it, and I am sureTM did the same thing with this new set..

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Can I just ask a quick quesion?

Does PXG actually have these patents OR are they 'patents pending'?

A pending patent only means they've applied/files for a patent... not that it's been approved... which would account for these PXG claims being so laughable. Should speed up the invalidation of all their patents applied for, i suppose...

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

I don't know but I hope he doesn't sue me for playing 790s. I'll have to countersue because the 790s are fantastic in every regard - distance, looks, forgiveness, feel, workability andmdistance control. The brushed finish is awesome too. And while I have not hit the PXGs in question I can tell you,without hesitation they are not worth 3 times the TM 790s. My ego is big but it ain't that big

Can I just ask a quick quesion?

Does PXG actually have these patents OR are they 'patents pending'?

A pending patent only means they've applied/files for a patent... not that it's been approved... which would account for these PXG claims being so laughable. Should speed up the invalidation of all their patents applied for, i suppose...

They have issued patents. You can't sue for patent infringement if you've simply filed a patent application.

Ping G425 - Oban Revenge 5
2h & 4h Ping G410 - Ping Tour 90
5-9 Srixon Z585 - Steelfiber FC90cw
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* & 50* 

TM Bigfoot Raw 56* 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten
Vice Pro

... That KaBoom Baby PXG hat blocks more sun, hides more lack of hair and is blacker than any other hat PERIOD.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Nobody makes hats like we do. Period.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

... That KaBoom Baby PXG hat blocks more sun, hides more lack of hair and is blacker than any other hat PERIOD.

And it's softer feeling on the head! (due to a special one of a kind elastomer in the head band)

They were going to say it was an "Epic" hat but some fly by night company had already taken that term and trademarked it.

And it's softer feeling on the head! (due to a special one of a kind elastomer in the head band)

They were going to say it was an "Epic" hat but some fly by night company had already taken that term and trademarked it.

I prefer to have my hats TaylorMade to my head, surprisingly enough it only costs 1/3 the price of the PXG Hats too ;)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I prefer to have my hats TaylorMade to my head, surprisingly enough it only costs 1/3 the price of the PXG Hats too ;)

Better stock up. That's PXGs next lawsuit.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I don't know but I hope he doesn't sue me for playing 790s. I'll have to countersue because the 790s are fantastic in every regard - distance, looks, forgiveness, feel, workability andmdistance control. The brushed finish is awesome too. And while I have not hit the PXGs in question I can tell you,without hesitation they are not worth 3 times the TM 790s. My ego is big but it ain't that big

You might be right, but how can you say it without hesitation when you admit yourself you’ve never tried them?

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

You might be right, but how can you say it without hesitation when you admit yourself you've never tried them?

It's quite easy. I know my game., And I know that nothing is worth 3 times the cost for MY GAME. And you are correct in that until I do a head to head I can't make the claim I made. However, it's just a matter of time before Shiels, Crossfield, etc do the side by side comparison. And I bet you don't see over $2,000 difference in the PXG.

You might be right, but how can you say it without hesitation when you admit yourself you've never tried them?

It's quite easy. I know my game., And I know that nothing is worth 3 times the cost for MY GAME. And you are correct in that until I do a head to head I can't make the claim I made. However, it's just a matter of time before Shiels, Crossfield, etc do the side by side comparison. And I bet you don't see over $2,000 difference in the PXG.

has already done this and I could not justify a $100 difference based on his review.

The problem is that the p790 wasnt a Pxg competitor until Pxg made it one by suing taylormade. He could have just kept saying his stuff was the best and people who wanted pxg would keep buying it. That probably wont change, but the suggestion that taylormade makes something close is only relevant because he made it so.

There are a lot of pxg club tests out there and the numbers are not physics defying. The current question has little to do with performance and more to do with branding. Does this hurt Pxgs brand? I dont know the answer, but suing retailers, the people to shill this stuff, isnt a good look. I would not spend the kind of money on golf club that pxg is asking so what it comes down to is do those people care? are those people looking at the P790 as a reasonable alternative?

has already done this and I could not justify a $100 difference based on his review.

EXACTLY! Now if one has the funds and desire to play PXG go for it and god bless. However for me they are not worth 3 times as much as the 790s.

EXACTLY! Now if one has the funds and desire to play PXG go for it and god bless. However for me they are not worth 3 times as much as the 790s.

Absolutely. If anyone just likes the looks or gets a sense of unique ownership by playing PXG's and can afford them, then more power to them. I'm just not that guy. Truthfully, I really liked the PXG 311's and if they were similarly priced they would be a strong contender for any future purchase considerations for me. At their current price however, they simply are not unfortunately. Of course given my current golf pocket book, neither is anything else at the moment...lol.