Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

kjrules

Flash face technology οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

Β 

Β 

I'll stick with the beautiful Cortex

Β 

Weren't you one of the users so upset that anyone would say anything negative about Wilson in the Cortex threads?

Β 

Yep...correct..that's me.

Β 

Interesting that Callaway with flash face, and TaylorMade with flat face and red screws virtually everyone gets a hard on and wants/ needs it.

Β 

Cortex gets slaughtered because it's not a big boy

Β 

Flash face ... FFS....give me a break!

Cortex gets slaughtered because it won’t compete against Ping, TaylorMade, Callaway and Titleist.

Β 

Β 

The cortex looks good. Sounds good. But has the performance of a Titleist 910 at best. Slower. And more spin....

So what is flash face? Can somebody explain.

Β 

Flash face technology is a new process Callaway is using to design the face of the driver. The face is forged in a process where unicorn bones and fragments of Thors hammer are bonded with the material to make the face Callaways fastest and most forgiving driver on this planet.

Β 

Flash face technology is a new process Callaway is using to design the face of the driver. The face is forged in a process where unicorn bones and fragments of Thors hammer are bonded with the material to make the face Callaways fastest and most forgiving driver on this planet.

On any planet!

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x orΒ Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Β 

On any planet!

Β 

Truth!

Β 

Β 

LOL! I wonder which ingredient created the hideous color pattern???!!!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Dragon seemen... (misspelling intentional - didn't realize that was a "bad word")

For the guys who have seen the Epic Flash & hit it, what's with the face? Is this like the TM twistface? Does it look any different at address?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5XΒ 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:Β Β  Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:Β Β Β Β Β Β  Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:Β Β Β Β  LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

For the guys who have seen the Epic Flash & hit it, what's with the face? Is this like the TM twistface? Does it look any different at address?

It lights up when you hit it flush.

Β 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19Β°,22Β° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72Β 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wonderful post. Thank you, I needed that ??

Β 

Β 

Β 

The head of design is a young Australian who has a degree in marketing.... Not one fact behind this statement but could be why lol

Β 

Β 

Β 

Weren't you one of the users so upset that anyone would say anything negative about Wilson in the Cortex threads?

Β 

Β 

Interesting that Callaway with flash face, and TaylorMade with flat face and red screws virtually everyone gets a hard on and wants/ needs it.

Β 

Β 

Cortex gets slaughtered because it won’t compete against Ping, TaylorMade, Callaway and Titleist.

Β 

Β 

The cortex looks good. Sounds good. But has the performance of a Titleist 910 at best. Slower. And more spin....

Β 

I take it you haven't a) hit it or b) bothered to actually see reviews.

Β 

Try McGolf custom golf review.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Word! I heard that Callaway had to use a supercomputer because the guys designing bowling balls were all tied up.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I hit the Cortex. Three times on 3 different days...

It’s not that good man. Way behind in ball speed compared to my Rogue SZ and TS2 and way too spinny, even in its lowest spin setting, tried it in a few different shafts and couldn’t get it past 260 carry to save my life. It sounds alright but no better than my Rogue or TS2.

Cortex avg’s:

155 ball speed

256 carry

3100 spin

Β 

Rogue SZ avg’s:

160 ball speed

274 carry

2200 spin

Β 

TS2 avg’s:

166 ball speed

286 carry

2300 spin

Β 

Β 

So yeah cortex sucks sorry.

But wait here’s the best part!!!

I got better numbers with the C300 bahahahahahha now THAT’s hilarious.

Oh yeah and from to back and left to right dispersion was alright, nothing special about that either.

Β 

It’s not that good man. Way behind in ball speed compared to my Rogue SZ and TS2 and way too spinny, even in its lowest spin setting, tried it in a few different shafts and couldn’t get it past 260 carry to save my life. It sounds alright but no better than my Rogue or TS2.

Cortex avg’s:

155 ball speed

256 carry

3100 spin

Β 

Rogue SZ avg’s:

160 ball speed

274 carry

2200 spin

Β 

TS2 avg’s:

166 ball speed

286 carry

2300 spin

Β 

Β 

Oh yeah and from to back and left to right dispersion was alright, nothing special about that either.

Β 

There is no way 2 drivers from 2018 have 11 mph of ball speed disparity. Is that a typo? If not, you weren’t remotely near the face.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Β 

Cortex avg’s:

155 ball speed

256 carry

3100 spin

Β 

Rogue SZ avg’s:

160 ball speed

274 carry

2200 spin

Β 

TS2 avg’s:

166 ball speed

286 carry

2300 spin

Β 

Β 

Β 

There is no way 2 drivers from 2018 have 11 mph of ball speed disparity. Is that a typo? If not, you weren’t remotely near the face.

Β 

I honestly couldn’t care less what you want to believe or not. I do this for a living and I see these things all of the time, these are my results from testing so take it however you would like. This is data taken from center to slight miss hits on all 3 drivers. Bad shots were deleted.

Β 

Β 

Β 

It wasn't an ingredient. Thor had input on the face, but others had dibs on the colors. Stevie Wonder got on his ouija board and conferred the color combination with Ray Charles. Then he ran the green/yellow color combo by Phil Knight, who approved it and sent it to Callaway Headquarters...

Callaway Paradym Triple πŸ’Ž 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*- Β DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

How did I wander into the Wilson Cortex thread?

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x orΒ Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Β 

Β 

This is just awesome

Callaway Paradym TD β€œS” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Β 

It's not that good man. Way behind in ball speed compared to my Rogue SZ and TS2 and way too spinny, even in its lowest spin setting, tried it in a few different shafts and couldn't get it past 260 carry to save my life. It sounds alright but no better than my Rogue or TS2.

Cortex avg's:

155 ball speed

256 carry

3100 spin

Β 

Rogue SZ avg's:

160 ball speed

274 carry

2200 spin

Β 

TS2 avg's:

166 ball speed

286 carry

2300 spin

Β 

Β 

But wait here's the best part!!!

I got better numbers with the C300 bahahahahahha now THAT's hilarious.

Β 

There is no way 2 drivers from 2018 have 11 mph of ball speed disparity. Is that a typo? If not, you weren't remotely near the face.

lol

The name... flash. Seriously, wtf?! Marketing dropped the ball on this model.

Β 

I like the colors, but that name. That’s a no for me dog.

PXG Black Ops Tour driverΒ 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Β 

Β 

The same was said about the Epic name too. I don't know why they don't just adopt a series name. F9, M5, M6, TS1, TS2, 917, etc. So much easier to follow and much less lame.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In GraphiteΒ 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Β 

Β 

The same was said about the Epic name too. I don't know why they don't just adopt a series name. F9, M5, M6, TS1, TS2, 917, etc. So much easier to follow and much less lame.

Isn’t β€œEpic” the name of the line? My understanding last year was that the Rogue line was a replacement for the XR line, not the Epic, as evidenced by the fact that the retail price of Epic drivers didn’t drop.

Β 

Β 

Isn’t β€œEpic” the name of the line? My understanding last year was that the Rogue line was a replacement for the XR line, not the Epic, as evidenced by the fact that the retail price of Epic drivers didn’t drop.

Β 

Yeah, you're right. I was more or less thinking they could stick with something sequential. I know it's just a name and it's silly to nit pick. They just seem to be the last big OEM with an actual name for their drivers if that makes sense. It just so happens that the names tend to sound lame. But, as long as the clubs perform, I'm happy :)

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Β 

I like the colors, but that name. Thats a no for me dog.

Β 

Β 

They need to hire DBill. From what I have read that man is a marketing genius.

Β 

Β 

Β 

They need to hire DBill. From what I have read that man is a marketing genius.

Β 

Not sure I copy.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS