2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

El Tucan Speaks..... (NO POLITICS)

I'm glad Kuchar is not caving to a bunch of social media warriors. There used to be a time when a agreement between two people was private and those involved honored that agreement. The way deals should be.

I get no pleasure from seeing a worker get stiffed regardless of where the story got traction.

Deals should be done with contracts when it involves that scale of money but seems like (some) PGA Tour players want their cake and to eat it too.

There's a big difference between a resort caddy and a Tour caddy. The dude could have said No Thanks to Kuchar.

So it's OK to stiff a resort caddy because he's not part of the PGA Tour clique, thats fair.

Take a look at the phone you're typing on.

So it's OK for Apple or (insert Android here) to outsource the components of your cellphone to China for pennies on the dollar in comparison to US labor...because those folks are located in China as opposed to the USA.

When are you going to give up your phone in the name of faux-morality and fairness?

The irony is uncanny.

Absolutely it’s ok!!!

Apple got an exemption for any electronic devices!!

And yes, the irony is astounding?

Cheers?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think if you ask locker room attendants, they’ll tell you that they’re happy to see me. I’m no Phil Mickelson, but these guys are like, 'Matt’s coming our way.’"

https://www.golf.com...ay-controversy/

More like they're saying that as a warning.

LOL. Or maybe they're alerting each other that he's going to want change from a dollar.

$50K seems excessive but I would've done $30k. 10x the original amount and enough to make this a non story. Kutch was dumb for not thinking ahead.

Yeah,, but it seems the caddy turned down the sum of 20K...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I'm glad Kuchar is not caving to a bunch of social media warriors. There used to be a time when a agreement between two people was private and those involved honored that agreement. The way deals should be.

I get no pleasure from seeing a worker get stiffed regardless of where the story got traction.

Deals should be done with contracts when it involves that scale of money but seems like (some) PGA Tour players want their cake and to eat it too.

He made 10X what he would have made carrying the bag for four days for resort guests. HE DIDN’T GET STIFFED!!

The amount of bonus after the fact is certainly a valid point of contention, but essentially is nothing more than everyone’s personal opinion. But he most certainly did not get stiffed.

Lost in all this...is....caddies obviously just aren't that important! If Kuch can win with Tucan on his bag...after 4 years. Reed can win with his wife on his bag..Michelson can win with his brother..I mean..lets do away with caddies and give them push carts. Solve a lot of problems

This is the story they don't want anyone to hear.

Why?

Because there's some truth to it.

It really sounds to me there was a bonus structure agreed to that probably ended with "and if I finish top 10, I will throw you another $1,000. It probably didn't go any further than that...nothing about top 5 and obviously nothing about a specific percentage of the winners check. Tucan probably thought at the time....sure, extra G for top 10 sounds good to me.

Then when Tucan saw the winners check, he probably figured -- Man, Kuch has to give e a little bonus based off cashing in on $1.3 mil. Tucan opens envelope and its an extra G on top of the agreed amount. Tucan prob thinks...well, he will probably send me more later with a big thank you basket. Kuch thinks...5,000 is a good payday for the little guy (kuch even says this now in the Golfchannel story). Tucan stews and stews, nothing ever comes. Stories in Nov. about a payday. More stewing and it finally hits social media and boom -- parties dig in and we have a media firestorm.

No, Kuchar took advantage of the guy.

No he really didn't.

Kuch??? Is that you ???

81x-AgpG2ML._SY445_.jpg

Based on what has been available for public consumption to date, with about the only agreed upon “fact” being the $5,000 in the envelope(that’s how I paid my caddie after money games, and the Field Club said that they prefer that I not use an envelope with a “PFC” logo on it, hahaha. I guess they felt it unseemly, lolol), even though I think that Kuchar’s actions were a disgrace and the minimum that he should’ve given in a precedent setting action should have been $50,000, I do believe his rendition of events versus El WhateverTF his name is. I just think that too many peeps have gotten to him, as Kuchar notes,

and he’s already got a few different stories out there.

This is some nice work by Ben~

http://www.golfwrx.com/

Have a Great Valentines Day Gals & Gents❤️

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Just picked up some Skechers shoes, damn they are comfy.

Funny, I heard they were a little tight.

Tightest on tour.

But you can't return them because "WE HAD AN AGREEMENT!!!!"

Well, that makes zero sense, because part of the initial purchase agreement is that you can in fact return them.

So why aren't all you guys tipping the bag boy at the club thousands of dollars? You've got more than they they do. Is that fair? It would change that guys life. What holds you back?

We didn’t win $1.3 million would be the difference, I guess

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

He made 10X what he would have made carrying the bag for four days for resort guests. HE DIDN’T GET STIFFED!!

The amount of bonus after the fact is certainly a valid point of contention, but essentially is nothing more than everyone’s personal opinion. But he most certainly did not get stiffed.

Getting stiffed is not a comparison between what he would have received if he had just caddied at the course normally all week and what Kuchar gave him. It’s comparing what fill-in caddies on Tour get when their guy wins and what Kuchar ended up giving him.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

what this guy "normally" make on a daily or weekly basis has nothing to do with how much Matt should've pay him, the tournament didn't adjust players winnings according to Mexico's standard. Matt won a cool million plus which is on par with any other PGA event payouts, so why does he feel like he should adjust his caddie's "cut" according to what his caddie normally make?

fee structure agreed prior to the tournament or not, the fact that Matt thinks he is more than generous by gave the guy "extra" $1000 out of his winnings is just ridiculous !!

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

I've been reading this for two days, so I might as well go ahead and throw my hat in the ring on the side of the minority. Kuchar made a verbal business agreement . . . shook hands . . . played golf for a week . . . Kuchar paid the dude the agreed to amount . . . their partnership for the week is done and Kuchar has honored the agreement. That's what MEN do. MEN make a promise on a handshake and MEN follow through, which is exactly what Kuchar did. MEN don't act like whiny little b%*@* and go back on their promise and handshake because something is "not fair" and drag the fairness issue through the court of public opinion. The fair is a place you go to ride the ferris wheel and throw baseballs at cupie dolls. The fair is not a place in the real world. Kuchar's job was to play golf and honor his MEN'S handshake with the caddie, not to change his life forever (i.e., buy him a house, buy him a car, send his kids to college).

Just so I'm clear on what MEN do, when you fcuk things up, you issue a press statement defending what you did whilst your manager is negotiating to do what you should have done in the first place.

So the cats fully out of the bag. He made an arrangement that, by any standard (not even tour standards but just human decency standards) was cheap. Then he wins, and he thinks $4k or $5k is fair; words out of his own mouth.

Shut the thread down there's no more speculating on facts - kuchar is a POS and that's that.

This has nothing to do with hating the rich or making good on a deal; I am amazed at how anyone could view this any other way.

They agreed in principle to an arrangement. Kuchar was looking to take advantage of any caddie and save some money, and someone took the hook. The expectation must have been from smiley d-bags outward persona, that if he won $1.3mm the caddie would get something in the realm of what is standard (I.e. Half, 1/4 of the going rate etc). What he didn't know is kuchar is actually a phony cheapskate...

So why aren't all you guys tipping the bag boy at the club thousands of dollars? You've got more than they they do. Is that fair? It would change that guys life. What holds you back?

I've always tipped well for good service. 20-30% on stuff where i'm waited on. I've always tipped 15-20% to people at the nicer golf courses who handle your clubs and clean everything and store everything for you.

You know what I don't do? Tip people .2%

I think he deserves nothing more. He was a fill in that doesn't haul the bag multiple weeks per year for less money. It is very much like a substitute teacher. They don't get a teacher salary and benefits for filling in for 1 day. They have a different arrangement in place. This guy showed up for one week and expects the moon because Kuchar played well. Should he got more than 5K? Probably a little, but no where near 10% as he isn't a true part of a season long effort with those ups and downs. If I were a tour player, I would make it a point to never use a local caddie, especially in a foreign country. Seems better to not even show up than risk this type of BS.

fee structure agreed prior to the tournament or not

Right here is where your argument falls apart.

Prior to the Tournament starting...two parties entered into an Agreement which (at the time) was amenable to both Parties.

The fact that Kuchar's won the Tournament has zero bearing on the original Agreement. None.

The fact that folks are lashing out at Kuchar's is unfounded. Kuchar lived up to his part of the Agreement (whether you agree with it or not).

Aaahhhhhhh!!! I just read the update to the story!! So bad. So hideous. So grotesque.

Kuch actually confirms to us that he is, in fact,.....THE CHEAPEST HUMAN BEING ON PLANET EARTH!!!!

Oh Matty, you dirty, dirty, nasty immoral tightwad of a human being. I will so enjoy rooting against you for the rest of your golfing career.

“For a guy that makes $200 a day, $5000 is a really good week.” = “I paid the poor local Mexican guy really well compared to what he’s used to. He should be greatful that I’m such a generous super rich American pro golfer.”

what this guy "normally" make on a daily or weekly basis has nothing to do with how much Matt should've pay him, the tournament didn't adjust players winnings according to Mexico's standard. Matt won a cool million plus which is on par with any other PGA event payouts, so why does he feel like he should adjust his caddie's "cut" according to what his caddie normally make?

fee structure agreed prior to the tournament or not, the fact that Matt thinks he is more than generous by gave the guy "extra" $1000 out of his winnings is just ridiculous !!

I couldn’t agree more with your statement regarding his “normal” compensation versus what jerk-off decides was “fair,” and my only thinkg is do ya think that the amount in the envelope would’ve been the same had this been some caddie at Oakmont CC following a win, and putting aside that he would’ve been required to give 5%, or $60,000 on a $1,200,000 purse, lolol. The caddie would’ve said absolutely nothing, however I and some others would’ve crucified Kucher, lol.

Great post WH??!!

Cheers?

RP

What did each caddy who worked during a win get? What did they get at their other job the week before. Oh, right it doesn't matter.

We didn't win $1.3 million would be the difference, I guess

I offered before that if everyone took up a collection and sent me 1.3 million dollars that I would fly down to Mexico, hire El Tucan to caddie for me and pay him 15% of the 1.3 mil... sadly no one took me up on it. It could have changed both our lives too.... oh well.

fee structure agreed prior to the tournament or not

Right here is where your argument falls apart.

Prior to the Tournament starting...two parties entered into an Agreement which (at the time) was amenable to both Parties.

The fact that Kuchar's won the Tournament has zero bearing on the original Agreement. None.

The fact that folks are lashing out at Kuchar's is unfounded. Kuchar lived up to his part of the Agreement (whether you agree with it or not).

Whether there was the agreement that Kuchar alludes to or the one El Tucan states is still issue in dispute though right, not a fact?

Either way even and if Kuchar is stating what they really agreed to and understood (if in fact both did understand the arrangement clearly, which is another thing we really don't know)... he still comes off looking cheap in my eyes... so sticking any pre-arranged agreement in this case really doesn't exonerate his conduct for me at least. But I do understand that some feel differently... I'm just not built that way.

“5k is a good week” is an idiotic thing to say. My god Matt.

I'd take 5k for 4-6 days of work!

The public sentiment is that Kuchar did Tucan wrong, and Matt saying 5k is a good week for a guy who normally makes $200 is so out of touch. Kuchar seeems to have no idea how the public is viewing this situation.

The second crappy part on Kooches part..... ugh saying that he would not accept his 15k after the I'm a ****** revelation

Note to anyone out there... if you wanted him to get the cash you wouldn't accept no for an answer and he would get it through any means necessary. Talking like a b**** now with his comments.

Just a guess, with how mental golf is, Kooch is screwed for awhile.... just a wag.

Yes, it sounds as though “legally(I friggin love that now we got 100+ attorneys in the herd??),” Kuchar may have covered his arse, however, substitute YOUR name for Matt Kuchar.

Knowing that this was a precedent setting situation, and knowing how Kucher handled it, would you want YOUR name substituted for Kuchar’s at this moment, with the game over and the results in??

Even knowing that you “held up your end,” would you want you name associated with this amateur hour cluster f*** when in the future this occurs and people look back, dredge this up and your name has basically become a verb as in, “whatever ya pay him, just make sure that ya don’t KUCH him???”

However, legally, you’re good????!!!!

KOOOOOCH?

Stay well my Friends?

RP