2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

Cinder Ridge and Kankakee Elks today. Cinder was in pretty stellar shape and the greens were much better than the last time we were there about a month ago, when they were quite spongy. Some of the tee boxes were really uneven but they did a decent job of putting most of the tee markers on level ground. I started out with bogies on three of the first four holes but chipped in for birdie on 7 and made a 4 footer for bird on 9. I shot even par on the back for a 74.

Kankakee Elks was pretty decent and for $25 on a weekend, I’ll deal with some brown patches. A few fairway spots were barren and there were some dead spots elsewhere but the tee boxes were even and the greens - always a roller coaster at a Langford course - were smooth, though not particularly quick. I had a few slow-fast putts. They looked extremely slick but didn’t have nearly the pace it looked like they should. Still, great, great old school course that has lots of challenging holes after the relatively easy first 5. I only had one birdie on 7 and shot a 76.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Got rained out for my round at Arcadia Bluffs main course... And I couldn't find another slot to fit in a round. But I did get to play the South which just opened end of last summer. Wow is all I can say. Really reminds me of Chicago Golf Club. The greens need to mature a bit and didn't hold anything. Fairways were nice and had some run in them. Bunkers were great. Lots of pot bunkers (8'+ deep) around the greens. Square greens as well. Not a flat spot on the greens either. Not really a flat spot on the course either. Really enjoyed it and hope I can get back up there this fall to play both courses.

c6ud3qdma7qj.jpg

feab8n6xvx78.jpg

yub0mu3c48ho.jpg

gap0oa25meig.jpg

2q1ewk4ckh32.jpg

1m212iyjryrm.jpg

1u35gnilhavh.jpg

r3gqx4dr8cvc.jpg

l6vh61vgrnu8.jpg

38nklclvuhti.jpg

wr5hvk97fg0q.jpg

7a79cz0gr4ff.jpg

v6robzos6kq7.jpg

jdstw7qu9t2i.jpg

7mm9ghdkql1s.jpg

5gln280ufr8g.jpg

hp4y7kjcndy0.jpg

8uohs8mlxq8p.jpg

zbu87v3xbu4l.jpg

9f5lkctf6pwh.jpg

• Like 1

> @mci711 said:

> @Argonne69 are you planning on selling the mini driver? I might be interested. I have to go hit one first to see how it is. I liked the old one back in the day.

Yes, it's going back on the market. PM me if you're interested.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Played Blackstone in the morning. In perfect shape right now and it’s about as firm as the course will get. Then went to Mistwood for the first time. Nice range, but until they have actual bentgrass target greens like St Andrews does, I’ll take St Andrews over any others I have played locally. I got to play a few holes with World Long Drive competitor Nick Kiefer. He caught up with me on hole 7. I had just watched the competition at Rochester on TV this week, but I didn’t recognize Nick. Smooth swing, but he could mash it. 8 iron from 200 plus. Easiest 370 yard drive I have ever seen. Nice dude and I’ll be rooting for him from now on.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

> @Apindara said:

> > @Shriner said:

> > Well, for pure golf, I may have a new favorite course in Illinois. Stonewall has been my #1 for awhile, but my goodness is Pine Meadow perfect. No two holes are the same and not a house on the course. If a course is going to be difficult, I want it to be because of the course, not because they designed a 20 yard wide fairway with water on both sides. Anyone can make a difficult course that way. This is the most fair, difficult course I can remember playing. If you miss by a little, you can recover. If you miss by alot, you are taking a penalty. That is the definition of how a course should be laid out. The clubhouse is a shack and the 19th hole basically does not exist but who cares when you have a golf course that is perfect; can't wait to go back!

> How were the greens running? Last time I heard they were super slow.

>

>

Resgarding pine meadow

Played 18 there 2 weeks ago and the greens were running at good pace.

Place is all golf

I like the large scale if the course

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @Apindara said:

> > @Shriner said:

> > Well, for pure golf, I may have a new favorite course in Illinois. Stonewall has been my #1 for awhile, but my goodness is Pine Meadow perfect. No two holes are the same and not a house on the course. If a course is going to be difficult, I want it to be because of the course, not because they designed a 20 yard wide fairway with water on both sides. Anyone can make a difficult course that way. This is the most fair, difficult course I can remember playing. If you miss by a little, you can recover. If you miss by alot, you are taking a penalty. That is the definition of how a course should be laid out. The clubhouse is a shack and the 19th hole basically does not exist but who cares when you have a golf course that is perfect; can't wait to go back!

> How were the greens running? Last time I heard they were super slow.

>

>

They were fast. Only greens I have played this year that were faster were Makray Memorial's greens. Just an all around perfect set-up.

Shepherd's was in really nice shape today. little bit of brown here and there, tall fescue, bunkers groomed. bit of a breeze stayed with us most of the morning. nice brisk walk in pretty sunshine. pure golf.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Another fine morning. Are the golf gods trying to make up for the miserable spring? Teed it up at Coyote Run this morning. Course was in fantastic shape. Greens were nice, and rolling with moderate speed. Pace was very good at 3:50.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Lol. Lit it up on the front 9 with two birdies and one bogie. Alas, couldn't keep it going. As the temps slowly rose, I ran out of gas. Four bogies on the back. The putter was red hot on the front, but I couldn't buy a par save on the back. Ten fairways and twelve greens was a good day at the office, though.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Chalet Hills. Six hour death march. The tee sheet was wide open so I thought I could jump out there for a quickie. Lost four balls on the back and I ran out of gas in the heat. I started laying down in the shade between holes.

I'll never play there again.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

Brighton Dale: White Birch and Bittersweet today. White Birch was playing super long today from the white tees. It’s supposed to be about 6650 yards but was over 6800. A bunch of the tee markers were literally a couple of paces from the tips and all but one par 3 was over 200 yards. Lotta course and, because of overwatering, it was soaked. The pace was great for 16 holes and, despite not hitting many greens, my wedges allowed me to rack up pars. Usually if someone only has 27 putts, it’s because that person made some birdies. Not the case with me. 76.

Bittersweet was a solid finish. The pace was great until 15 when we caught a guy doing a really sh!tty Jason Day impersonation for every shot. The course was in good shape and wasn’t overwatered. However, it’s not a place that high handicappers can really enjoy. We waited until later in the day but I can see a bunch of holes causing backups during prime time. I shot one under on the front with a birdie on 5 and no bogies. My approach on the fifth hole rolled up to one inch short of the cup. Much more traditional approach at Bittersweet with 12 greens hit en route to a 74. 72 holes in two days. My feet hurt.

Piretti Cottonwood II

> @Shriner said:

> Well, for pure golf, I may have a new favorite course in Illinois. Stonewall has been my #1 for awhile, but my goodness is Pine Meadow perfect. No two holes are the same and not a house on the course. If a course is going to be difficult, I want it to be because of the course, not because they designed a 20 yard wide fairway with water on both sides. Anyone can make a difficult course that way. This is the most fair, difficult course I can remember playing. If you miss by a little, you can recover. If you miss by alot, you are taking a penalty. That is the definition of how a course should be laid out. The clubhouse is a shack and the 19th hole basically does not exist but who cares when you have a golf course that is perfect; can't wait to go back!

Course conditions have improved in the last two years. Greens were hit hard two winters ago. Number 3 is my nemesis. I prefer to play the back first, then the front. It gives me 12 holes before #3 breaks me.

> @"St Jimmy" said:

> Chalet Hills. Six hour death march. The tee sheet was wide open so I thought I could jump out there for a quickie. Lost four balls on the back and I ran out of gas in the heat. I started laying down in the shade between holes.

>

> I'll never play there again.

Love the course, but they have a serious slow play problem. There are no marshals to do anything about it.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

> @"St Jimmy" said:

> Chalet Hills. Six hour death march. The tee sheet was wide open so I thought I could jump out there for a quickie. Lost four balls on the back and I ran out of gas in the heat. I started laying down in the shade between holes.

>

Chalet is a weekday only course for me and if I don’t get one of the first three or four times I don’t play there. I can’t imagine playing there on weekends. The layout is great for low handicap players but 3-7, 9, 12, 14, and 18 can all cause backups if people are spraying the ball.

Piretti Cottonwood II

> @ldchristopher said:

> > @"St Jimmy" said:

> > Chalet Hills. Six hour death march. The tee sheet was wide open so I thought I could jump out there for a quickie. Lost four balls on the back and I ran out of gas in the heat. I started laying down in the shade between holes.

> >

> > I'll never play there again.

>

>

> Chalet is a weekday only course for me and if I don’t get one of the first three or four times I don’t play there. I can’t imagine playing there on weekends. The layout is great for low handicap players but 3-7, 9, 12, 14, and 18 can all cause backups if people are spraying the ball.

I went out at 2:30. It was my first time there and cruised through the front (+3).

When I left the clubhouse after stocking up on gatorade, and saw the two groups waiting on ten, I should've just kept walking to my truck.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

>

> Course conditions have improved in the last two years. Greens were hit hard two winters ago. Number 3 is my nemesis. I prefer to play the back first, then the front. It gives me 12 holes before #3 breaks me.

>

>

I know what you mean, I get nervous just arriving at the tee box. I triple bogeyed it on Saturday.

> @"St Jimmy" said:

>

Ugh. Feel for you. That's brutal. >

@"Holy Moses" said:

> > @"St Jimmy" said:

> > Chalet Hills. Six hour death march. The tee sheet was wide open so I thought I could jump out there for a quickie. Lost four balls on the back and I ran out of gas in the heat. I started laying down in the shade between holes.

> >

> > I'll never play there again.

>

> Love the course, but they have a serious slow play problem. There are no marshals to do anything about it.

A ranger could help, but the course design is the real issue. Just way too demanding for most players, even from the forward tees. First time I played there and I told LD that you would have to be absolutely crazy to play this course on a nice weather weekend.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

Played St. Andrews on Sat morning and then Cantigny in the afternoon with our group. Both in excellent condition but the speed differential in the greens had to be at least 3-4 on the Stimpmeter if not more. The greens at St. Andrews were molasses slow and Cantigny's their normal quick pace. For the volume of play that St. Andrews gets it really is in good shape.

Played the Woodside/Hillside combination at Cantigny starting at 3PM. There was no one on the course and had it not been for someone in our group who was 20+ shots over the century mark, we'd have skated in 3 hours riding but alas, he insisted on looking for every ball no matter how deep in the junk it went and several times went to fairways across the junk to see if he could find a wayward shot. He was shut out in that regard and of course would not listen to anyone including his riding partner. Regardless, it was really fun and we might need to think about playing a later afternoon round there again based on the cost and potential pace.

There were wild turkeys in the parking lot post round and it was rather entertaining to watch them as they started to attack a shiny truck. Fortunately, the owner of the truck in a cart, was able to scare them off.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @tmw1582 said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > @ME27 said:

> > > > > Played waters edge today. This place has really gone downhill. Used to be a pretty decent track not too long ago. Course has a nice setup but conditions were no bueno. Decent round 79.

> > > >

> > > > When was it decent? I always thought it had a good collection of holes, but the drainage was always poor, and conditioning was spotty at best for many years.

> > >

> > > Been a good 5 years since it's been in decent shape. They even used to have some cool flower beds out there way before that but yeah, it's a waste of a great layout in current years.

> >

> > Agreed. As I mentioned a few pages back Water's Edge is a waste of a pretty nice layout. The conditions are garbage.

> >

> > Playing Joliet Golf Club on Sunday morning. We were looking for a place to play and based on a few comments on here I thought I'd give it a shot. At $65 I think it's worth the risk. Here's to hoping it's sill in decent shape.

>

> The conditions at JGC are pretty good but it will be interesting to hear what you think of the routing.

Got out at 6:30 on Sunday morning at JGC. Myself and my neighbor were paired up with a single who had played the course before, thank God. We played the tips as it is a pretty short course. The guy in the proshop mentioned that they make up for that with small back to front sloped greens that are guarded with bunkers. He was pretty spot on with that description. If you miss the tiny greens you are usually in some sort of trouble. I thought it was a fun layout and the conditions were great. The course is a bit tight, and they make up for the short length by taking driver out of your hand a number of times. There is a par 5 on the back where both myself and my neighbor had to hit 3 iron off the tee because there is a creek that runs down the fairway at around 250 yards. I still almost made that water because of a very generous first hop. 3 iron, 3 iron is an interesting par 5 for sure. The greens were probably the best part. They were rolling really nice all day long. We flew around and finished in under 3 1/2 hours.

Now onto the elephant in the room. The course routing. It is wild! I know you guys mentioned it, but I did not think it would be this crazy. Luckily we were with a guy who had played it a few times before, because if not I still might be out there. There really are not cart paths either. Many times there are just paths cut through long grass leading to other holes. Not sure if this is true but I heard after it changed from private to public there was an insurance issue with too many golfers continually crossing the parking lot. That is why they had to reroute things. Now you don't cross it at all.

All in all I really enjoyed it and will be back. For $65 I'd say it's a steal!

• Like 1

> @tmw1582 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @tmw1582 said:

> > > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > > @ME27 said:

> > > > > > Played waters edge today. This place has really gone downhill. Used to be a pretty decent track not too long ago. Course has a nice setup but conditions were no bueno. Decent round 79.

> > > > >

> > > > > When was it decent? I always thought it had a good collection of holes, but the drainage was always poor, and conditioning was spotty at best for many years.

> > > >

> > > > Been a good 5 years since it's been in decent shape. They even used to have some cool flower beds out there way before that but yeah, it's a waste of a great layout in current years.

> > >

> > > Agreed. As I mentioned a few pages back Water's Edge is a waste of a pretty nice layout. The conditions are garbage.

> > >

> > > Playing Joliet Golf Club on Sunday morning. We were looking for a place to play and based on a few comments on here I thought I'd give it a shot. At $65 I think it's worth the risk. Here's to hoping it's sill in decent shape.

> >

> > The conditions at JGC are pretty good but it will be interesting to hear what you think of the routing.

>

> Got out at 6:30 on Sunday morning at JGC. Myself and my neighbor were paired up with a single who had played the course before, thank God. We played the tips as it is a pretty short course. The guy in the proshop mentioned that they make up for that with small back to front sloped greens that are guarded with bunkers. He was pretty spot on with that description. I thought it was a fun layout and the conditions were great. The course is a bit tight and they make up for the short length by taking driver out of your hand a number of times. There is a par 5 on the back where both myself and my neighbor had to hit 3 iron off the tee because there is a creek that runs down the middle around 250. I still almost made that water because of a very generous first hop. 3 iron, 3 iron is an interesting par 5 for sure. The greens were probably the best part, aside from one that they "lost" on the back they were really rolling nice. We flew around and finished in under 3 1/2 hours.

>

> Now onto the elephant in the room. The course routing. It is wild! I know you guys mentioned that but I did not think it would be this crazy. Luckily we were with a guy who had played it a few times before because if not I still might be out there. There really are not cart paths either. Many times there are just paths cut through long grass. Not sure if this is true but I heard after it changed from private to public there was an insurance issue with too many golfers continually crossing the parking lot. That is why they had to reroute. Now you don't cross it at all.

>

> All in all I really enjoyed it and will be back. For $65 I'd say it's a steal!

I think this has been the pretty usual thoughts about that course. I posted something very similar a couple weeks ago and 100% agree. It is a goofy place, the routing is insane. But it was in decent shape and fun. The layout of the individual holes was just ok for me. It is a fine average course at a fair price. I wouldn't play it for any more than they are charging though. It will be a once a year course for me probably.

> @mci711 said:

> > @tmw1582 said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @tmw1582 said:

> > > > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > > > @ME27 said:

> > > > > > > Played waters edge today. This place has really gone downhill. Used to be a pretty decent track not too long ago. Course has a nice setup but conditions were no bueno. Decent round 79.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When was it decent? I always thought it had a good collection of holes, but the drainage was always poor, and conditioning was spotty at best for many years.

> > > > >

> > > > > Been a good 5 years since it's been in decent shape. They even used to have some cool flower beds out there way before that but yeah, it's a waste of a great layout in current years.

> > > >

> > > > Agreed. As I mentioned a few pages back Water's Edge is a waste of a pretty nice layout. The conditions are garbage.

> > > >

> > > > Playing Joliet Golf Club on Sunday morning. We were looking for a place to play and based on a few comments on here I thought I'd give it a shot. At $65 I think it's worth the risk. Here's to hoping it's sill in decent shape.

> > >

> > > The conditions at JGC are pretty good but it will be interesting to hear what you think of the routing.

> >

> > Got out at 6:30 on Sunday morning at JGC. Myself and my neighbor were paired up with a single who had played the course before, thank God. We played the tips as it is a pretty short course. The guy in the proshop mentioned that they make up for that with small back to front sloped greens that are guarded with bunkers. He was pretty spot on with that description. I thought it was a fun layout and the conditions were great. The course is a bit tight and they make up for the short length by taking driver out of your hand a number of times. There is a par 5 on the back where both myself and my neighbor had to hit 3 iron off the tee because there is a creek that runs down the middle around 250. I still almost made that water because of a very generous first hop. 3 iron, 3 iron is an interesting par 5 for sure. The greens were probably the best part, aside from one that they "lost" on the back they were really rolling nice. We flew around and finished in under 3 1/2 hours.

> >

> > Now onto the elephant in the room. The course routing. It is wild! I know you guys mentioned that but I did not think it would be this crazy. Luckily we were with a guy who had played it a few times before because if not I still might be out there. There really are not cart paths either. Many times there are just paths cut through long grass. Not sure if this is true but I heard after it changed from private to public there was an insurance issue with too many golfers continually crossing the parking lot. That is why they had to reroute. Now you don't cross it at all.

> >

> > All in all I really enjoyed it and will be back. For $65 I'd say it's a steal!

>

> I think this has been the pretty usual thoughts about that course. I posted something very similar a couple weeks ago and 100% agree. It is a goofy place, the routing is insane. But it was in decent shape and fun. The layout of the individual holes was just ok for me. It is a fine average course at a fair price. I wouldn't play it for any more than they are charging though. It will be a once a year course for me probably.

Yeah I guess when I say it's a steal that is almost entirely attributed to the conditions. I have found so many courses in my neck of the woods that are just in garbage shape right now. And many if not most are charging more than the $65 I paid on Sunday.

> @tmw1582 said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > > @tmw1582 said:

> > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > @tmw1582 said:

> > > > > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > > > > @ME27 said:

> > > > > > > > Played waters edge today. This place has really gone downhill. Used to be a pretty decent track not too long ago. Course has a nice setup but conditions were no bueno. Decent round 79.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When was it decent? I always thought it had a good collection of holes, but the drainage was always poor, and conditioning was spotty at best for many years.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Been a good 5 years since it's been in decent shape. They even used to have some cool flower beds out there way before that but yeah, it's a waste of a great layout in current years.

> > > > >

> > > > > Agreed. As I mentioned a few pages back Water's Edge is a waste of a pretty nice layout. The conditions are garbage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Playing Joliet Golf Club on Sunday morning. We were looking for a place to play and based on a few comments on here I thought I'd give it a shot. At $65 I think it's worth the risk. Here's to hoping it's sill in decent shape.

> > > >

> > > > The conditions at JGC are pretty good but it will be interesting to hear what you think of the routing.

> > >

> > > Got out at 6:30 on Sunday morning at JGC. Myself and my neighbor were paired up with a single who had played the course before, thank God. We played the tips as it is a pretty short course. The guy in the proshop mentioned that they make up for that with small back to front sloped greens that are guarded with bunkers. He was pretty spot on with that description. I thought it was a fun layout and the conditions were great. The course is a bit tight and they make up for the short length by taking driver out of your hand a number of times. There is a par 5 on the back where both myself and my neighbor had to hit 3 iron off the tee because there is a creek that runs down the middle around 250. I still almost made that water because of a very generous first hop. 3 iron, 3 iron is an interesting par 5 for sure. The greens were probably the best part, aside from one that they "lost" on the back they were really rolling nice. We flew around and finished in under 3 1/2 hours.

> > >

> > > Now onto the elephant in the room. The course routing. It is wild! I know you guys mentioned that but I did not think it would be this crazy. Luckily we were with a guy who had played it a few times before because if not I still might be out there. There really are not cart paths either. Many times there are just paths cut through long grass. Not sure if this is true but I heard after it changed from private to public there was an insurance issue with too many golfers continually crossing the parking lot. That is why they had to reroute. Now you don't cross it at all.

> > >

> > > All in all I really enjoyed it and will be back. For $65 I'd say it's a steal!

> >

> > I think this has been the pretty usual thoughts about that course. I posted something very similar a couple weeks ago and 100% agree. It is a goofy place, the routing is insane. But it was in decent shape and fun. The layout of the individual holes was just ok for me. It is a fine average course at a fair price. I wouldn't play it for any more than they are charging though. It will be a once a year course for me probably.

>

> Yeah I guess when I say it's a steal that is almost entirely attributed to the conditions. I have found so many courses in my neck of the woods that are just in garbage shape right now. And many if not most are charging more than the $65 I paid on Sunday.

For sure, there is a lot worse for $65!

Outing today at Bull Valley today. Man that course is awesome...and tough! Some greens are recovering from all the rain, but overall it was in great shape. Glad it was a scramble. One of the coolest playoff formats! It was fantastic! I'd like to check out Woodstock Country Club as well. Looks fun!

j3y9cav6k6n9.jpg

jhxlo4eifdhf.jpg

0njbe13tcx19.jpg

k74m9xb8rb2k.jpg

dwylw4lpx6ps.jpg

The greens at Woodstock are the best in the county

• Like 1
M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

> @mci711 said:

> > @dhartmann34 said:

> >

>

> What was the playoff format?

>

They take the 5 best teams and they go to a playoff. 1 team is eliminated on the first hole, 1 on the second and then 2 on the 3rd. If there is a tie for the worst score on each hole, there is a chip off to eliminate a team. But the kicker is...it's an alternate shot format. So the scramble part is eliminated. Not to mention, all of the outing participants jump in their carts to come out and watch. Quite fun!

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @taylorx300 said:

> > The greens at Woodstock are the best in the county

>

> Better than Blackstone?

In my experience, Blackstone doesn’t move the cups as often as they probably should. When I play there I see lots of spots where the area around the hole is chewed up. Also, as a public course, Blackstone unfortunately attracts customers who simply don’t treat the course - greens included - with anything remotely resembling respect. Contrast that with a private club where the members take pride in the quality of the greens and it doesn’t surprise me that BV’s greens are better.

Piretti Cottonwood II

... I had a very unique experience at Cog Hill #1 yesterday. I was paired up with a 19yr old Club Golf'er from Butler University and we teed off right after a shotgun outing was done. They took 1/2 hr to clean the course so we played a _**completely empty course**_. I shot 1 under thanks to a silly pin placement on 18 where I had to hit a knockdown under a tree that left me 10 feet above a hole cut into a slope. I just started the ball down the hill and it trickled by the hole and continued to trickle for another 20 feet. Otherwise 5 birdies and 4 bogies from several poor tee shots and #18 described above, while my playing pard shot 2 under with 4 birdies and 2 bogies. We both birdied 13 and 14 and those holes went by very quickly.

... We played at a pretty fast pace but never rushed and had several holes where we were looking for my tee shots in the deep rough, actually finding a few others before mine. We were leaving the 10th green and saw a 3some approaching the 5th green, the only players we saw the entire round. We finished in 2:40 minutes. He had a Clickgear push cart and I used my remote controlled cart. You can make the argument that we shot 1 and 2 under so of course it didn't take a lot of time but that would fly in the face of the Tours that take 5 hours to shoot even lower scores. Fwiw, the greens are rolling OK on CH #1 but several still have bald spots where a fungus destroyed the grass. But $19 at twilite ain't a bad deal even with the spotty greens.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Bridges of Poplar Creek on Saturday, and Deerpath on Sunday. I decided to take a week off from my long summer journey to far flung courses that I haven't played.

I'll continue the quest the following week with three rounds in the McHenry/Lake county area (Boone Creek, Chapel Hill, and Lakemoor or Renwood).